+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Would God really send people to hell....

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Would God really send people to hell....

Quote Posted by ShotAcrosstheBow (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    No. God does not send people to hell.

If you believe that God is perfect love, and perfect love casts out fear. Then fear based manipulations, like sending people to hell, have no root in God. Reject them.
    I use to believe there was no hell, because God forgave everyone,

And that is true, God does forgive everyone,

But there is a hell, God doesn’t send anyone there, but it’s real,

You know that pedophilias and cannibals exist, did God create that?, no, it’s an evil use of free will,
    In the same way you destroy yourselves,

Ironically psychopaths don’t have the capacity for spiritual beliefs, (sure they can mimic it, but it’s fake, push them on the subject and they will say there is no God, no heaven or hell, they go through life thinking there is no consequences to their action (they think when they die, they are just going to fall asleep and that’s it, nothing))

I’m not trying to manipulate, or scare you,
    But you don’t want to find out the hard way either,
    Explain why rainsong needs find out the "easy" way and not the "hard" way? What is the detriment, if I were to believe that your words are not intended to present fear. Are you then presuming rainsong is a pedophile or a cannibal, and that is why she wouldn't want to find out the hard way? Interesting presumption and choice of wording.
    That’s an incredible clumsy way of trying to pervert what I said, kind of insidious how you tried to make your attack look like you are defending someone from me, you’ve done this before right?, so what’s your agenda here?

What I said is self explanatory within the post,

I did not attack anyone, (why would I do that? what’s my motivation? I have no reason to)

It’s blatantly not a misreading of what I wrote,

So, if rainsong feels offended, I will apologise for the miscommunication,

But not to you
    I didn't accuse you of attacking anyone. Just seeing how you'd respond. Thank you for that. It was your words that were clumsy, and bordering on dramatic, I pointed that out and I asked for a clarification, that is all. But I do have a way of getting people to expose themselves more clearly.

Apology wasn't requested, I certainly need none, as I don't get offended easily. You still failed to clarify your words, if you are saying I have misunderstood; please feel free to do that.
    No, anyone with wisdom can see what you are trying to do,
    And what was that exactly? You can click the triangle with the exclamation point and report my post if you believe I was being nefarious.

Perhaps I don't have the same level of wisdom as you do, maybe that's why I can't see it?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If you believe that God is perfect love, and perfect love casts out fear. Then fear based manipulations, like sending people to hell, have no root in God. Reject them.

You know that pedophilias and cannibals exist, did God create that?, no, it’s an evil use of free will,

Ironically psychopaths don’t have the capacity for spiritual beliefs, (sure they can mimic it, but it’s fake, push them on the subject and they will say there is no God, no heaven or hell, they go through life thinking there is no consequences to their action (they think when they die, they are just going to fall asleep and that’s it, nothing))

Explain why rainsong needs find out the "easy" way and not the "hard" way? What is the detriment, if I were to believe that your words are not intended to present fear. Are you then presuming rainsong is a pedophile or a cannibal, and that is why she wouldn't want to find out the hard way? Interesting presumption and choice of wording.
    That’s an incredible clumsy way of trying to pervert what I said, kind of insidious how you tried to make your attack look like you are defending someone from me, you’ve done this before right?, so what’s your agenda here?

What I said is self explanatory within the post,

I did not attack anyone, (why would I do that? what’s my motivation? I have no reason to)

It’s blatantly not a misreading of what I wrote,

So, if rainsong feels offended, I will apologise for the miscommunication,

But not to you
    I didn't accuse you of attacking anyone. Just seeing how you'd respond. Thank you for that. It was your words that were clumsy, and bordering on dramatic, I pointed that out and I asked for a clarification, that is all. But I do have a way of getting people to expose themselves more clearly.

Apology wasn't requested, I certainly need none, as I don't get offended easily. You still failed to clarify your words, if you are saying I have misunderstood; please feel free to do that.
    No, anyone with wisdom can see what you are trying to do,
    And what was that exactly? You can click the triangle with the exclamation point and report my post if you believe I was being nefarious.

Perhaps I don't have the same level of wisdom as you do, maybe that's why I can't see it?
    1) I’m not that petty
    2) I don’t play your games

3. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

1) I’m not that petty
    The only thing I did was make you eat some of your own pompous words, and you got all hot and triggered. Nothing else happened. lol.

I am going to report this post and ask mods to clean up this mess.

4. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

1) I’m not that petty
    The only thing I did was make you eat some of your own pompous words, and you got all hot and triggered. Nothing else happened. lol.

Wrong again, but I can see you hoped for that outcome, then you call in the mods, right?

5. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,187 times in 32,903 posts

Sure, I'm a mod, and I'll intervene. That (above) is all bullsh*t. I know about these things, too.

I do seriously consider that you may be mentally unwell. I don't mean that unkindly, or as any kind of putdown or insult. But some people are. It's not their fault.

The greatest act of courage possible is to look in the mirror and realize that one might have a serious mental problem.

If you've had a history of this, and at some level you want to let go of your charade (which is what this is), then I can promise you: you'll find caring support here. You really will. This is a good place, with good people.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (3rd April 2020), DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), Iyakum (29th May 2020), Le Chat (3rd April 2020), Mashika (3rd May 2020), Tinman (3rd May 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (3rd May 2020), Yoda (3rd April 2020)

7. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

1) I’m not that petty

Wrong again, but I can see you hoped for that outcome, then you call in the mods, right?
    I reported my post and asked for consideration of some post deletion. But of course you wouldn't believe that. Bill obviously had his reasons for leaving it as it was, which I understand.

--------------------

I would like to apologize to the OP, for my part in inadvertently getting this thread derailed.

From Bill: a note of explanation. (Though I'm open to persuasion!) It's self-evident to me that the thread is actually rather silly — in the sense that of course, Hell does not exist, certainly in the Old Testament sense. (Metaphorically and subjectively, however, it can exist in many other forms.)

So I felt it was reasonable to leave the posts intact as a record of the dialog and disagreement. See my very serious response to ShotAcrosstheBow in post #45 here.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th April 2020 at 12:23.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd April 2020), Mashika (3rd May 2020)

9. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,378 times in 5,725 posts

I do not think it is logical to think that the hell of the Southern Baptist or the Catholic Church is true. Once I heard that MAYBE the concept of a fire-y pit of never ending hell might be helpful. It stops one, if one is contemplating evil deeds (when one believes in certain punishment). Morality is trying to keep people form doing "bad" things. Maybe the fear of hell might restrain a person from an immoral act? It does not even have to true to work.

Note here that there is an assumption people cannot be trusted to be "good" without the stick threatened. There are NO DOUBT many who believe themselves to agents of some higher authority who feel fine lying about the afterlife. They might feel they are working for "god" and MAYBE not even really believe the dogmas that look useful?

But it is disingenuous as Not one can say for sure what "happens" after dying.

However lots of inexplicable occurrences in the category of "NDE" or life after death and then returned TEND to discount hell. Some people do feel some remorse or realize their errors. They feel LOVE. Many change forever to be enjoying life and never fearing death.

Is there consequence for our wrongs"? I actually entertain sometimes that I am already IN purgatory and in this state, I am sincerely faced with the fruits of my misspent energy.

Love-lessness we create and will be IN must ask to be redeemed (and be willing to transform in the interest of love). This redemption process is more what I expect a reasonable UNIVERSAL MIND would design for ITSELF. I recommend this movie as it DOES start in what one might believe is "hell" but is just immersion in the deep ugly "place" of not feeling the connection of love.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (3rd April 2020)

11. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,280 times in 1,435 posts

Karl Mollison of getwisdom.com channels Creator and poses viewer questions. Bold assertion I know. All I can say is it resonates with me for the most part.

"In previous channeling sessions, it was stated that we have it backwards—we should celebrate death and be mournful about birth. With that in mind, how can we prepare ourselves upon death to recognize and meet the light callers to avoid becoming an earthbound spirit?"

"The very best way to prepare for death is to prepare for a divine future. If you hold expectations of returning to the heavenly light, if your heart is untroubled about this, if the belief is strong that there is a loving divine being who cares about each and every person and wishes them to return to a state of greater closeness, this will do much to prepare everyone for their eventual passing. No one escapes this step. All lose their lives eventually through aging. Everyone needs to consider what will happen next.

This is the great tragedy of the secular movement—the abandonment of religion. People do not like its rules, fear its judgments, and are suspicious of the true intentions of the clergy who defend such harsh principles, through their own spiritual knowing that it is not in alignment, and they do themselves a disservice by discarding the whole notion of the divine entirely. That is truly abandoning your lifeline. Therefore, it is quite ironic that the very inner wisdom and insight of many who are spiritual encourages them to turn away from that very spiritual focus which has the only true meaning—the alignment with the Creator, the force of love, and the life force energy it brings to each and every living thing. This is simply reality. To deny reality by deciding there is no God, leaves you all alone. We will continue to support such people with life-force energy because we know they may have a change of heart, and our agreement with them is to let them have their experience.

This is the journey that you are all on at the moment—having your time, making your choices, and learning as you go, or unlearning, as the case may be. This is a test of each and every person to see how they choose to navigate their path. Will they leave divine alignment and be lost in a state of disconnection? Will they align themselves with a dark force and cause further damage, both to themselves and perhaps many, many others through encouraging others to break away in a similar fashion? There are many active voices seducing non-believers to feel a kind of pride and a self-righteousness about their intelligence in turning away from what they come to believe as folklore, and then spread these ideas to many others. They are, in fact, working for the annihilation of humanity when they do this. They do so unwittingly, but it nonetheless has its effects.

Everyone has a responsibility to conduct their lives according to divine principles. To be in this quandary is what we mean about the misfortune of birth—that you come into such a world having been dragged so very low that it is hanging by a slender thread which is supported solely by those true believers among you who do pray and reach out to Creator with a desire for human betterment. It is those few who keep things going. That is the only reason the world still exists in its present form with humanity on board.

The entirety of the human race can be annihilated very, very quickly. This, in fact, has happened before from actions of extraterrestrials. Those same extraterrestrial beings are on your planet today—and their descendants. They are waiting to see how things go in the near term to make final decisions about your fate. Not only do most people not know this but also they would not believe it if you told them. This is not a prescription for a turnaround in alliances and dedication of energy through a mass movement to turn things around for the better. You are coming from behind here in many, many ways. This is not to say that it is hopeless; it is dire.

When people are born into the world, they come down from the light knowing all of this. They have chosen to come into a battle of a sort. This is not what we are proposing—to go to war, have casualties and use weapons. That is not what we seek to have happen. We only seek an awakening to divine truth and an embracing of the divine. Humans come down with a spiritual connection, and if they are corrupted by those around them and suppressed, they will lose that connection. It will fade within them along with their remaining intuitive reach. Through propaganda and manipulation, both cultural and technological, they will be the walking wounded who are almost like robots, living lives of ignorance, disconnection, and insensitivity. They are lost to the cause for the time being, at least. Leaving here with death of the physical body is like a combat soldier completing his tour of duty, who then leaves the horrendous scenes of battle, returns home to normal life and the pleasures of the civilian existence, has a reunion with loved ones, and has so many pleasures that were not available in the field. That is the contrast. It is actually an indescribably great one between living as a physical human, which most people prize to some degree or to a large extent, and going back to the light.

We are using this question to point out that the contrast between realms is vast indeed, and coming into earth plane is rough duty. It is very much going into a battle that is underway. It is a covert test of wills and a struggle of ideologies which is being assisted on a continual basis by the divine realm. But we will not do it alone; we require humans to step up and take action. That is the choice that they have been given, and every human coming into life knows this—but then forgets. This is putting everyone at a disadvantage, to be sure. So this is not an easy task. Life has many challenges and many pitfalls. Few have ideal circumstances where they are loved, cherished, raised in a healthy way, and given a chance to learn important truths and not be drawn into the misguided teachings of the culture. This makes the rewards seem very, very meager at best.

What we would say to you is that the splendors of the divine realm can be experienced in the physical as well. This does not happen currently, because you are not light beings. You are being constrained from being light beings by the suppression of the interlopers who are here. This is what you are fighting for and why you do come down. But it is a sacrifice in many, many respects. However, it is a fight worth winning, as the future will be enhanced dramatically for the better if you are successful."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), happyuk (3rd April 2020)

13. Link to Post #49
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

Hell is an absence of love. You have to ignore the voices they will turn you against you. You are nothing but perfect love. You are not going to hell. I hear voices and I've been through the hell. You got to remember Jesus Christ went into hell and rose again. Peace xxx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), greybeard (3rd April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (3rd May 2020), Tyy1907 (4th April 2020)

15. Link to Post #50
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

There has been a manipulation of history and we all know it, but something was too obvious to manipulate. So I will make a short summary.

Did Adam and Eve existed (If not who was the first human ?)
    Did the messengers who have spoken the word of God existed? Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad they were all messengers speaking about same message but in different ways to be understood by many nations.
    So why we have divided religions, is because every fraction wanted a different belief to gain power for their benefit.
    The true identity of Jesus as a messenger of God was manipulated at council of Nicaea, convoked by emperor Constantine to change most of the facts to meet their own pagan beliefs (sun worshippers) and they pictured him as a god or son of god. That was both of them false because he was human, a choosen one and God gave him the power to do some miracles and he was not crucified ("maybe" Simon of Cyrene is the key of this dilemma)
    Also Muhammad was the messenger of God and he has spoken the word of God (the Quran). If I say islam most will think that I am reffering to the arabic culture but that is not it. Arabs made the manipulation to fill the Quran with other texts that are called hadiths (non confirmed texts) just to spread their culture around the globe. Islam means peace, you can say it in all language you want, because the only religion that God has sent to humanity, is the religion of peace and it is for the entire world.
    There is no black stone in Quran, there are no symbols in scriptures (not the cross, not the half moon), there are messages for people of that time and for those generation to come after.
    Many things have changed and also our perception but the roots of belief are the same. If we are unaware of the word of God than I think we are not on the right path. From what I know about those scriptures, is that if you are a sincere believer and do what is right than we won't even hear the sound of hell but the truth is that hell exists and will be for humans and other creatures that have broken all the laws of God.

It looks like contradiction in this saying but there is not: God is the most merciful, but also He is severe in punishment. He doesn't do wrong to anyone, but it is they who wrong themselves.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 3rd April 2020 at 18:11.

16. Link to Post #51
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

Fear and pain are the illusions of this body you have. When you have no nobody, fear and pain lose their meaning. So does hell. No hell therefore. BTW, no heaven for the same reason.

17. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Hell is a state of mind...
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Baby Steps (3rd May 2020), DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), Delight (3rd April 2020), greybeard (3rd April 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd April 2020)

19. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Post Re: Would God really send people to hell....

I have researched the subject of Hell for many years now and have concluded that Hell is a Parable for the process of Reincarnation.

The Church has hidden this fact for thousands of years now.

I'm a Fundamental Christian BTW.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Mikey For This Post:

cannawizard (22nd July 2022)

21. Link to Post #54
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Uncle Mikey (here)
    I have researched the subject of Hell for many years now and have concluded that Hell is a Parable for the process of Reincarnation.

The Church has hidden this fact for thousands of years now.

I'm a Fundamental Christian BTW.
    Starting from the fact that all is based on a book someone/several people wrote throughout several centuries and some of them hated and refuted each other, and that mostly nothing they wrote can be verified, i would say that "Hell is a Parable for the process of Reincarnation" is a very compromised statement, it assumes whatever was written on the Bible is completely real

I tend to believe in other better spiritual experiences than the ones that tell you "if you don't act the way i told you to, you will suffer immense pain for eternity, or at least until you are forgiven..." That sounds a lot like human manipulation of the weak, or like parents abusing their kids through fear/pain and not like anything remotely close to real spirituality or a true God.

If a God would put "his" people through that suffering because they made mistakes, while also those people being made in "his own image", then that God is a very stupid one LOL

Also genders are a human thing, not a spiritual thing, there's no relation between being born a man or a woman and your spiritual growth and pureness. That's just another dumb thing whoever wrote the Bible didn't think in advance, God is always referenced as "he" LMAO

If you see the word "God" and you immediately think of a man or feel the authority of a father like person, you have been brainwashed badly LOL. I'm sorry but it's true
    Last edited by Mashika; 3rd May 2020 at 07:13.
    Tired

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

greybeard (3rd May 2020)

23. Link to Post #55
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Iceberg (here)
    It looks like contradiction in this saying but there is not: God is the most merciful, but also He is severe in punishment. He doesn't do wrong to anyone, but it is they who wrong themselves.
    That may seem only "true" for the people that live inside the "religious bubble", everyone else see it for what it is, pure nonesense

Because, who told you that about God? That he acts like that and that's how he would react at all? It's a dumb assumption made by humans, in reality, no one knows if that's how God really is. This all came from the same source as any other dumb thing that has caused thousands of years of suffering for human kind, the need to impose a personality on God that always fits the views of the people in control or power of the "lower" crowds
    Tired

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Tracie (Bodhicee) (3rd May 2020)

25. Link to Post #56
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

That may seem only "true" for the people that live inside the "religious bubble", everyone else see it for what it is, pure nonesense

Because, who told you that about God? That he acts like that and that's how he would react at all? It's a dumb assumption made by humans, in reality, no one knows if that's how God really is. This all came from the same source as any other dumb thing that has caused thousands of years of suffering for human kind, the need to impose a personality on God that always fits the views of the people in control or power of the "lower" crowds

It's the same thing it has always been, pure manipulation of people's minds through fear and power figures that tell you what to think and do, or else.
    Tired

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

greybeard (3rd May 2020)

27. Link to Post #57
    Australia Avalon Member Tracie (Bodhicee)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by mindbend8r (here)
    I have schizophrenia and that's what the voices tell me. But there are spiritual sources that say there is no hell God sends people to. But then again there are other sources that say a hell exists and people go to it when they die sometimes. Like I don't know if the Vedas can be trusted as a valid spiritual source but the Vedas say there are 7 different hell worlds that people can go to when they die, and also the bible says people can go.

But I'd like to believe that it's not true God wouldn't do that that there is nothing someone can do in life to warrant an eternity of pure horror and suffering for eternity. I know psychics and I've read Dolores cannon material that say when we die we go back to God and are forgiven and if you do terrible things in life that you still have pay for what you did but hell doesn't exist. But how much can they really be believed as trusted material on the subject.

What if God really is a vengeful God and has no mercy on the bad people and tosses them like trash to the pits of hell. Why couldn't there be a God like that. I've seen different near death experiences and while most have people going to heaven there are about 30 % who said they went to hell. Are near death experiences probably the best source material on heaven and hell.

I d like people's different opinions on the subject. Feel free to comment I'm curious what people think on the matter. Thank you
    Life force tends to fragment in this life, and parts might be in a hell of some kind. It's a matter of self-gathering and dissolving the barriers between soul fragments, to become fully present here in the body. It's done by repetitive inner perception and feel.
    TomKat, this is profound and deeply hope giving. Thanks. I feel the truth of what you've written.

28. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

If there is a hell, then god is a being, to whom space and time provide a limit and a boundary.

If God is all there is then there cannot be a hell, unless you believe god can be conflicted, which again reflects the primary belief that god is a being.

If God really is omnipresent and omnipotent then there are only absolute qualities attributable to God. Hate, retribution, rehabilitation, and fear are petty concerns of small beings and are not included in the composite reality of the Creator because they originate in the incomplete nature of mankind and are therefore not part of reality, only that of the realm of perception, which precedes true 'sight'.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

greybeard (3rd May 2020), Mashika (3rd May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd May 2020)

30. Link to Post #59
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

It's the same thing it has always been, pure manipulation of people's minds through fear and power figures that tell you what to think and do, or else.

What we call today religion, it is a gathering of many pieces together to end up getting confused. It is belief in one God, origin of mankind, description of many events, holy scriptures (word of God).
    Now we get to the confusing part: many kind of rituals created by humans, fragmentations of scriptures to divide in many groups, to aim for power and control, strange objects of worship (when God has commanded to not make any image in the shape of anything), deception through mixing truth with lies, misusing of the word "God", for different agendas or personal interests.

So this is what we call religion today, but you can't deny the history. Adam and Eve (the origin of mankind), also: Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, they all existed and had a great role for mankind.

31. Link to Post #60
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Im afraid you can deny history.
    Its a fact that the human race has faced near extinction quite a few times.
    There are images on the pyramids depicting advanced flying machines.
    There are ancient maps that could only have been made with knowledge of the whole world at that time
    The Mayan calendar that has not been surpassed today for accuracy through their knowledge of the movement of stars/planets.
    The building of the pyramids throughout the world, the movement of massive stones that could not be done today even with the most sophisticated machinery.
    There is a load of evidence of advanced human races that existed before the ice ages and global disasters due to asteroid strikes
    and super volcanic eruptions.
    Records of flying machines in ancient India.
    There were virgin births before Jesus recorded
    So much record of ancient times that can not be disputed.

The Bible is not a full proof record of human history.
    The New Testament re wrote God -- a loving One the Old Testament a paranoid judgmental entity.
    Non duality is not a religion but through the experience of the enlightened points to a Divine energy that exists in everything --Omni present
    It is not possible for that energy to separated from self --orit would not be omni present.
    Jesus said "Of my self I do nothing it is the father within and The Father and I are one"
    Could anything be more clear than that?
    How could you be sent to hell?

With love Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd May 2020), Mashika (3rd May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast