+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 3 11 LastLast

Thread: Essential reading for all Avalonians

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Default Re: Essential reading for all Avalonians

I like to follow the money (in true Watergate fashion) on these matters to find proof. Earlier this week the head of floor trading operations at the NYSE wrote this in his daily report sent out to UBS traders.

"A Very Big Bet In A Somewhat Unlikely Instrument – My friend, Jim Brown, the ever-alert consummate professional over at Option Investor pointed us to a rather unusual trade. Here's what he wrote in last night's edition of his valuable newsletter:

In past years I have reported on trades that were so large it appeared someone had inside knowledge of a pending event. Sometimes those were massive put positions on the S&P. A new trade just appeared that suggests there will be a market event in the near future. Last week somebody put on a call spread on the VIX using the April 20 and 25 puts. They bought 150,000 contracts for a net of $75 per contract. That is an $11,250,000 bet that the VIX will move over 20 over the next 60 days. You would have to be VERY confident in your outlook to risk $11 million on a directional position with the VIX at five year lows and the markets trying to break out to new highs.

Jim then goes on to list some of the scheduled events and deadlines visible over the next 60 days (mostly in Washington). When you add in the broad variety of geo-political possibilities, it's a decent reason to stay extra alert.

Hopefully, this person is wrong."

Now, since there is rarely and original thought on investments others have crowded into the trade after this announcement. So I am not sure what to make of it.
    Is it an investment house taking a flyer on a huge bet that the S--- will hit the fan soon, or something more?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Alan (8th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Bill Ryan (8th February 2013), Curt (8th February 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), ExomatrixTV (9th November 2023), Gardener (8th February 2013), Hervé (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), kanishk (23rd February 2013), mab777 (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Taurean (here)
    If you were a Baker what would you consider fair exchange for a loaf of bread ?

If people no longer have the driving force of Bills & Taxes to pay, will they still produce their goods on a regular and consistant basis ?
    We were talking about this with a Mormon friend last year. Mormons think about this stuff a lot. The answer was "a bushel of wheat will be worth an ounce of gold" at that time, about 1550 US. Whats it worth to feed your family when you have no resource?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

I agree with what others have said. It is better to prepare yourself mentally for survival first. I have read a couple of survival guides (some great free apps are available!) and within a few pages they always discuss the psychology of survival.

Next would be to familiarize yourself with your area. It is impractical to stockpile years of food and ammo in your house, especially if you are in an urban area. How long do you think you could keep a treasure trove of vitality a secret? Others may have just as much ammo as you, and they will be hungry. Think zombie apocalypse.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream by night

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueGem For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013)

7. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Quote Posted by Unicorn (here)
    Quote Posted by HaveBlue (here)
    Please folks, remember that Bill Ryan is the captain of the Avalon forum only. I know he does not want to have anybody here looking to him for answers for their own personal situation.

He is not trying to collect a bunch of co-dependants that won't think for themselves and take personal responsibility for their own lives and situations.
    That's OK, but how many of us here are white magicians? I can do all my preparations, but facing this I feel so small, powerless and overcome. It's just being human.
    Unicorn, this is your starting point. As you do your preparations you are doing something, take heart in that and continue to walk the path.

The false paradigm is built on the premise that you are small and powerless. Refute that with all your might. Reverse your thoughts about what being human means! As human beings we are so much more than they want us to know.

Your chosen avatar is powerful and magical, you have that gift, it is inherent in all of us.

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Conchis (here)
    I'd like to add to the buy seeds call (which is certainly a good insurance policy, even if not needed ultimately). You should also buy copious amounts of salt. If things do get hinky, you'll need salt to preserve with in amounts that you aren't accustomed to.
    Something like this?

50 kilograms.

We (my mate and I) long held the stance that we weren't going to add energy to a possible bumpy timeline by preparing for it with buying food and whatever one can need in times of trouble, but as of late we descided to budge and give in to the wish to prepare for a few years of turmoil.

Just preparing and not aiming our intent for it isn't going to add to those timelines ...

It might also be an idea to buy a few years worth of food supplements/vitamins, like vitamin C and D3 to stay healthy when you live in a area where there is a big chance of loosing access to healthy food (like in big cities).

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Freed Fox (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

10. Link to Post #46
    Netherlands Avalon Member Old Snake's Avatar
    Thanks

Dennis,All

My thoughts too,may I add to it: to learn to save seeds.

Old Snake

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Old Snake For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), InTheBackground (9th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), Marianne (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mgray (here)
    I like to follow the money (in true Watergate fashion) on these matters to find proof. Earlier this week the head of floor trading operations at the NYSE wrote this in his daily report sent out to UBS traders.

"A Very Big Bet In A Somewhat Unlikely Instrument – My friend, Jim Brown, the ever-alert consummate professional over at Option Investor pointed us to a rather unusual trade. Here's what he wrote in last night's edition of his valuable newsletter:

In past years I have reported on trades that were so large it appeared someone had inside knowledge of a pending event. Sometimes those were massive put positions on the S&P. A new trade just appeared that suggests there will be a market event in the near future. Last week somebody put on a call spread on the VIX using the April 20 and 25 puts. They bought 150,000 contracts for a net of $75 per contract. That is an $11,250,000 bet that the VIX will move over 20 over the next 60 days. You would have to be VERY confident in your outlook to risk $11 million on a directional position with the VIX at five year lows and the markets trying to break out to new highs.

Jim then goes on to list some of the scheduled events and deadlines visible over the next 60 days (mostly in Washington). When you add in the broad variety of geo-political possibilities, it's a decent reason to stay extra alert.

Now, since there is rarely and original thought on investments others have crowded into the trade after this announcement. So I am not sure what to make of it.
    Is it an investment house taking a flyer on a huge bet that the S--- will hit the fan soon, or something more?

Hi mgray,

For those of us that aren't familiar with your line of work...

Can you tell us in understandable language what is written
    in this post?

I get it that there is being bet on a market event... but I dond't understand what they are betting on and what possible event that might be.

edit to add:

I see that I was to hasty with my post, since Bill already translated ... oops
    Last edited by Eram; 8th February 2013 at 13:37.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Curt (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by mgray (here)

Many thanks. If I may, I'd like to translate this into simple language!

There's been a massive "bet" placed -- thousands of times larger then 'normal' -- that the markets will crash round about the end of April.

Times when these kind of huge bets have been placed before include
    • Just before 9/11.
    • Just before the time when the B-52 bomber was discovered having flown half way across the US carrying a nuclear cruise missile (a highly significant and anomalous incident which was swiftly covered up).
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th February 2013 at 13:37.

15. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Arc (9th February 2013), Benimal (25th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Calz (9th February 2013), Conchis (8th February 2013), Curt (8th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), ExomatrixTV (9th November 2023), Fred Steeves (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), ginnyk (9th February 2013), golden lady (8th February 2013), Hawkwind (8th February 2013), Hervé (8th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), Jean-Luc (8th February 2013), kanishk (8th February 2013), kcbc2010 (8th February 2013), KiwiElf (8th February 2013), Limor Wolf (8th February 2013), mab777 (8th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), MalteseKnight (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), MorningSong (8th February 2013), Neal (11th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Operator (8th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), RUSirius (11th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Taurean (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), Yoda (8th February 2013)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,028 times in 8,168 posts

A summer crisis !

I always take note of the timing of military campaigns around the world, it's all part of the planning to choose the likely weather conditions to aid you in achieving your goals.

If this market bet is really an indicator that this summer is going to be IT, I assume they actually WANT a lot of resistance.

If they had chosen the winter I'd assume they wanted to get a job done quick and complete with minimum 'drama'.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    Something like this?

50 kilograms.

Is that food grade salt? Where did you find such big bags?
    I recommend that you put it into buckets to prevent it from getting wet.
    Plastic bags are a risk.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

[/COLOR]
    Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    [
    Something like this?

50 kilograms.

Is that food grade salt? Where did you find such big bags?
    I recommend that you put it into buckests so it wont get wet. Plastic bags are a risk.
    It depends on what you considder to be food grade salt.

We bought it from a trader in horse food products.

People who work with horses feed them this salt, and since horses get fed healthier produce then people these days, we figured that we might be able to use it in our food too.
    We have it for 4 months now and we make sole with it and we use it in the kitchen and we have feel healthy as ever.

It's called Celtic sea salt and I guess that it is just residu salt after drying water from the sea.
    One can speculate about other content, dried up in it as well, but since one uses little amounts of it daily... we feel it is perfectly safe to use.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Benimal (25th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), kanishk (23rd February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013)

22. Link to Post #52
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Hello,
    When it comes to protecting your electronics (And nervous system) from EMF/EMP/Solar Flare energy there have been some great threads on these topics on Avalon. I contributed as well as others. You should really take a look at them if you are serious about this topic there is great info on these threads. Also for blocking GPS/RF/Microwave signals for counter surveillance.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are#post482655

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...cs+solar+flare

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...cs+solar+flare

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ve-solar-flare

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Put on your lifejackets, and connect your safety lines: we're all on this journey together.

24. The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Arc (9th February 2013), Arrowwind (8th February 2013), Benimal (25th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Bhusunda (10th February 2013), Brizil (8th February 2013), Calz (9th February 2013), centreoflight (13th February 2013), Chris Gilbert (8th February 2013), Conchis (8th February 2013), dancing_particles (10th February 2013), Earth Angel (8th February 2013), elixirsoo (18th July 2017), Eram (8th February 2013), Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2013), Fred Steeves (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), ginnyk (9th February 2013), GoodETxSG (8th February 2013), gripreaper (9th February 2013), HaveBlue (9th February 2013), Hazel (10th February 2013), Hervé (8th February 2013), InTheBackground (9th February 2013), jagman (8th February 2013), kanishk (8th February 2013), mab777 (8th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), Marianne (8th February 2013), Maunagarjana (9th February 2013), Nenuphar (8th February 2013), nomadguy (9th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), PurpleLama (8th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), Rollo (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013), spiritwind (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), Wind (8th February 2013), Yoda (8th February 2013), zebowho (8th February 2013)

25. Link to Post #54
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

There are some SHARP people here on Avalon! This really has been a GREAT thread. TY again BR!

Keep them coming! Bill, from your travels and interviews of interesting people I am sure you have many other topics to share with us. I will stay tuned.
    The audience always wants more

I am curious if there are any Avalon Member groups that meet in various locations. I think it would be nice to have meetings events with members in our own areas. A round table meeting from time to time. I am not sure if that would be a positive thing or one that would cause problems (Human nature being what it is).
    Just a thought… TY Again!

26. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

For whatever reason i visited this forum again to find this interesting story and feel i must respond...
    What resonated most was " its all carved in stone but theres no date added" combined with the news that the pentagon hired a few thousand extra trolls to devide and destroy the blogs and forums that matter... verdeel verwar en vernietig is how we translate that and im pretty sure we all have some years left to be the change wed like to see on this planet.
    Teotwawki is when you decide to be the change.
    I think its imporant to know that the end of our casinocapitalism can be delayed till 2015. It might crash earlier but in that year unimaginable sums of money that are in the game in so called derivates have to be paid or repaid ( hard to explain) In total give or take a million Euro's per induvidual on this planet has to come from... the working class hero. That ll be the days that there is no other choice then to reset the system. The only way known to mankind to reset a system is total war.
    Opt-out, know the game and stop playing it.
    Live, love and enjoy.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samson For This Post:

Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), sygh (11th February 2013), zebowho (8th February 2013)

28. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Would like an opinion from anyone who has read the links already....

My father lives in Colorado springs and Im wondering if being that the source says the retiring alphabet group members are relocating there, Would that mean that Denver and Colo. Springs are a relatively safe place to be?????

Appreciate any input..

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Arrowwind (8th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

30. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 4evrneo (here)
    Would like an opinion from anyone who has read the links already....

My father lives in Colorado springs and Im wondering if being that the source says the retiring alphabet group members are relocating there, Would that mean that Denver and Colo. Springs are a relatively safe place to be?????

Appreciate any input..
    I cant answer that question exactly, just give ideas to consider.
    Since this is the general area where the government will be located military defences will be strong throughout,
    but military and resource distribution concerns may not be very strong for those residing above ground, only for those in the bunkers in Colorado.
    People living on the surface may come to be viewed as threats in general.
    on the other hand it could be a designated location as a prime target for anyone who wants to defy the government.
    It all depends on what is occuring and the fog is hard to see through and we may not ever know what type of event actually happened after the fact, if indeed we do endure an event of any magnatude.

My understanding is that there are quite a few survivalists of various persusaions in the Colorado Springs area. It probably would benefit him to network and know as many people as possible.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Lazlo (8th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), Selene (8th February 2013)

32. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by HaveBlue (here)
    Please folks, remember that Bill Ryan is the captain of the Avalon forum only. I know he does not want to have anybody here looking to him for answers for their own personal situation.

He is not trying to collect a bunch of co-dependants that won't think for themselves and take personal responsibility for their own lives and situations.

I get this myself from time to time in my own neighbourhood. If I fail to provide for myself and future, not make my own preparations, not even try to grow my own food, what use is whining to Bill in Equador when I am going hungry in Dunedin, New Zealand?

He has said time and again, how he simply took up a consumer grade camcorder and went out and found people to interview. He got off his backside. That is his advice.
    Follow the example not the man.

The worst thing of all is there are going to be those who want to blame Bill when he does not come forth with clear instructions of what to do! If you need that then get a bible or something.

He will not be responsible for your failure- you will be. Neither will he take credibility for your success- you will.

HaveBlue,

Very sound advice, my dear friend. I especially like the last two paragraphs of your post. 'Clear instructions,....and.....getting a Bible' definitely belong together. Here is how the Bible records what you say in your final failure/success reference and whose responsibility it is.

Quote Philippians 2:12 (KJV)

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Yes, indeed, even the Bible instructs us that it is our 'own responsibility' to act upon the Scriptures and to be 'proactive' in implementing them.

Excellent advice,....and spot on!

Love and Peace,........kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Beren (8th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), Hazel (10th February 2013)

34. Link to Post #59
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

Great post Bill!

I've had the same thought about discussions turning into an echo chamber, it can be productive after awhile but eventually becomes the same thing over and over with little of actual value or positive change being accomplished.

I'd like to think that my own efforts, such as Void meditations focused on global controllers and sending healing to key individuals helps to some degree, but it's hard to say. Nevertheless knowing that I'm making an effort beyond just 'talking' eases the weight on my conscience. :\

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Hazel (10th February 2013), ljwheat (8th February 2013), northstar (17th March 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013), zebowho (8th February 2013)

36. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

Great post, I often open with this analogy when a person is stuck on the edge of awakening to this realm of spiritual freedom and bliss. . Before they get carried way with this roller coaster of life in the fast lane of information wars of this world.

First imagine or rather remember who you were before you came to this planet as spirit - in that state of spirit everything about you is perfect and complete - nothing to do nothing to learn no race, no class, no ego to build or whats happening in the world.

Coming to planet earth you have to enter a physical vehicle “body”-- but to simplify this analogy further, lets say it’s a car - now that car can only function on the roads on this planet--the engine can only function on the air and fuel of this planet, the brains of the black box that runs this car only work on this planet.

Your still spirit looking at this car that was manufactured for this planet and we have learned that long ago the gods or ET played with the make up of this car,-- to be able to more control the out come and how its used.

As spirit you agreed some where down the line - if you were to spend time on this planet you had to accept one of these Car’s to drive around in while your hear on this planet. Your spirit entered that car under this agreement.

Now is the problem --- of you remembering you are a spirit in a car, most of us forgot this and identify with “I’m the Car” amnesia - and we entered the little black box that is controlling the car that was built to control--who ever enters that box of programed thinking.

St. Paul said -- that there is their fore no more condemnation for those who walk in spirit - I will take that statement one step further, for those who step out of the car you entered at birth and walk - not drive - in spirit will remember who you are as spirit complete and whole still ! ! ! ---- And need nothing from this programed car your driving around.

The PTB, Religions, New Age movements, Kundalini, chokra systems, are all pre installed programs in that black box inside that car your driving around.

The spirit you are before we entered these manufactured pre programmed car’s, until you step away from the vehicle and look back at it as that -- just a vehicle you will not see that your not this car or job or intellect or race you were taught to drive with.

Spirit was not of this world before you chose your car, and you are in it not of it. Just like Christ said long ago. You as spirit are the kingdom of heaven that entered that Car and forgot this simple awareness of I am spirit. “Not this Vehicle”

Using a Car as an analogy works well in our time, as everyone can rap there heads around it. Two thousand years ago the analogy’s were based for that time. Its not an awakening as we are all spirits totally complete, it’s a remembering who we are. Your already complete just remember who you are, and the car you chose caused this amnesia we are driving around in. we are not of it,.

Remember that the Radio in the car is broad casting things of this world and for the most part a lot of us have the volume of this worldly radio up way to fare.

The black box that all car’s come with came from the controller’s and manufactures of this world to control every function of that car you have accepted as being you. You’re the driver in it. Not of it.

Finding ways to use this car against the ones who manufactured it is the quest at hand. it’s the information in that little black box we are fighting. Hence the term Info-Wars came about. Information is what’s keeping everyone lock inside there own car’s driving in endless circles.

All this stuff is designed to keep every one in there car's.

Much love to us all or or but only a spirit in all this mess.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Arrowwind (8th February 2013), Berniceadrake (14th July 2013), Conchis (8th February 2013), confederate (11th February 2013), Eram (8th February 2013), Gardener (9th August 2013), ginnyk (9th February 2013), Hazel (10th February 2013), judymoon (9th February 2013), Malerogro (8th February 2013), Timreh (12th February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 3 11 LastLast