+ Reply to Thread
Page 1405 of 1819 FirstFirst 1 405 905 1305 1355 1395 1405 1415 1455 1505 1819 LastLast
Results 28,081 to 28,100 of 36380

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28081
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 24th August 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

As mentioned by Dr Gay

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th September 2019), Franny (25th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #28082
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Gemini Observatory

Dr. John Blakeslee | Our Place In The Cosmos

Published 24th September 2019

Dr Blakeslee, Chief Scientist @ Gemini Observatory expertly describes humanity's place in the cosmos in an astronomical sense.

Some eye candy

Last edited by Star Tsar; 25th September 2019 at 05:11.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. Link to Post #28083
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

Zoom In On Galaxy M87

This movie zooms into galaxy M87 using real visible light, X-ray and radio pictures of the galaxy, its jet of high-speed particles, and the shadow of its central black hole.

More on M87 from Dr Becky

Last edited by Star Tsar; 25th September 2019 at 05:16.

5. Link to Post #28084
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Get Set For Spectacular Morning Sky Show

If you don't mind getting up a bit early, the skies are offering a very special treat for the next several days. At the end of the month, from September 25th to the 27th, look east half an hour before dawn for an increasingly slimmer crescent, that appears lower in the sky each day.

On Sept. 26, the waning crescent moon swings past the bright star Regulus, the brightest star in Leo constellation and one of the brightest stars of the night sky.

On Saturday, September 28, will be the New Moon. New moons happen regularly, but this upcoming event is special. It's also a Supermoon. On Saturday night, the Supermoon and the New Moon
    will coincide. People in coastal areas should be alert for strong spring tides.

During a new moon, both the moon and the sun tug from the same side, causing an even bigger range in the tides. However, when the new moon is especially close to Earth — as it is on Saturday — the effect of the latter is magnified, and the result is strong spring tides also known as "king" tides.

Clear Skies Everyone!

Last edited by Star Tsar; 25th September 2019 at 05:34.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #28085
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Scott Manley

New Details Revealed About SpaceX's Stainless Steel Starship As Prototype Nears Completion

In advance of a presentation on the progress of Starship & Super Heavy workers at SpaceX's Boca Chica facility have been adding wings, engins, plumbing and other features in preparation for stacking the entire structure. Even before the presentation it's clear a number of things in the design have changed.

Thanks to everyone who'd shared images of the construction at Boca Chica - in particular BocaChicaGal who has provided the bulk of the new and interesting data
    https://twitter.com/BocaChicaGal
    Also https://twitter.com/austinbarnard45 and of course some guy called https://twitter.com/elonmusk

8. Link to Post #28086
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

How Wiretapping Helped Transform Astronomy

Early telegraph operators and WWI spies picked up some weird noises on radio waves. As it turned out, they were actually listening to plasma waves in Earth’s magnetic field lines!

9. Link to Post #28087
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Fraser Cain

Venus Could Have Supported Life For Billions Of Years. First Habitable Planet In The Solar System?

Streamed & Published 24th September 2019

After decades of research, including multiple landers and orbiters, science can definitively say: Venus sucks. Seriously, that place is the worst, with its boiling temperature, intense pressure, sulfuric acid rain, and more.

But was it always this bad? According to new research from NASA and various universities in Sweden and the US, Venus might have actually been the first habitable world in the Solar System. And it might have maintained a reasonable climate for billions of years, finally rolling over into a runaway greenhouse effect just a few hundred million years ago.

10. Link to Post #28088
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Dan Wright | The CIA's UFO Papers

Streamed & Published 24th September 2019

Jordan Bonaparte with UFO Updates, guest Dan Wright discusses his research into the CIA and the relation to UFOs, the Air Force and UFOs and more.

DAN WRIGHT was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan and earned an M.A. in political affairs from the University of Illinois. Following a career as a researcher and technical writer for the State of Michigan, he retired to Athens, Georgia.

Dan joined the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) in 1978 and thereafter served variously on its staff and board of directors. As the organization’s deputy director he oversaw thousands of UFO investigations across North America. He wrote three chapters for the MUFON Field Investigators Manual. For five years he conducted a MUFON project to transcribe and analyze regressive hypnosis sessions related to possible alien abductions. He served as host of the MUFON International UFO Symposium held at Michigan State University and was subsequently a guest speaker at three of the annual symposia. The 1998 symposium Proceedings were dedicated to him.

11. Link to Post #28089
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exploring The Bizarre

Sheryl Gottshal | Tie Me UFO Down Sport

Exploring The Bizarre (KCORradio.com) hosts Tim Beckley and Tim Swartz welcomes from Australia SHERYL GOTTSHAL -- Sheryl was born in Brisbane, Australia but at an early age lived on a cattle station in country Queensland, where as a child she often looked at the stars and wondered if there was other life in the universe. In her teenage years she developed an interest in the paranormal and in 1988 she became an active UFO investigator for the Brisbane-based organisation, UFO Research Queensland (UFORQ) and has since held two terms as president for a total of 24 years.
    Soon after joining UFORQ, Sheryl had her own close encounter with the commonly described “grey aliens” appearing to her in her home. This was followed by the development of a serious ten year illness during which time she experienced a near death experience (NDE), out of body experiences (OBE) and other mystical, paranormal and psychic phenomena. Her quest for what was happening to her, led her on the path to shamanism and the understanding that these events were an invitation, but more importantly, an initiation into other realms populated by a variety of beings. Her personal experiences catapulted her into the world of shamanism and she now uses and teaches shamanic practices.
    In 1992 Sheryl also established the first close encounter support group in Brisbane after Budd Hopkins spoke in Brisbane for the first time at a conference. Sheryl is a regular writer for the Australian bi-monthly publication UFO Encounter, and the UFO Truth Magazine published in the UK by Gary Heseltine. She also co-hosts the weekly radio show Strange Encounters and co-hosts Strange Encounters Downunder zoomcasts with author and contactee, Suzy Hansen.
    http://uforq.asn.au/

12. Link to Post #28090
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Glenn Beck Program & UFO Joe

Elizondo On Glenn Beck: “All Sorts Of Things That We Would Consider Magical, Become Possible”

Published 25th September 2019

To quote Mr Elizondo:

“And some of the physicists now have come to the conclusion that really, what we’re seeing, all these capabilities, may, and I’ll emphasize may, be a manifestation of a single type of technology. I think it’a still a little premature right now to come out with any type of real theory on it, yet. We’re hoping to…in the next maybe…eight months, maybe have that.”

Skip to 33:41

One can listen to this interview by clicking here

Transcrpit by UFO Joe available here: http://www.ufojoe.net/?p=1265

13. Link to Post #28091
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Higher Journeys With Alexis Brooks

Alien Abduction, Interrogation and Life Turned UPSIDE DOWN! What Happened?

Published 19th September 2019

The story of Terry Lovelace is SO deep, SO multifaceted, SO harrowing, that involves endless twists and turns.
    This a story that continues to unravel to this day.

That story was documented in his book, Incident at Devil’s Den - A True Story.

This is about alien abduction. One of the strangest accounts I have ever heard, but the strangeness just begins with the abduction.

What would follow his encounter carries all the makings of a SCI FI thriller, except this isn’t science fiction at all.

Terry, an otherwise “normal guy” - a lawyer, a former assistant attorney general, a family man, father and grandfather is also an experiencer - a contactee who’s encounters have taken him down a rabbit hole the likes of which I’d never heard before.

Terry was very emotional during our interview, and for good reason. Re-living the days, weeks, and years that would follow his set of experiences, recurring nightmares and an unrelenting passion to make sure that the world knows what he feels is really going on with many humans on this planet.

Be sure to listen to Terry Lovelace's interview with Project Camelot and Kerry Cassidy to get the FULL story of his experience at Devils Den and much more! https://youtu.be/zUnpNc9ZeEc

If you enjoyed this interview, you'll definitely want to check out this interview regarding the case of Calvin Parker and his incident in Pascagoula Mississippi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HDgS75a27g

Alexis & Terry in conclusion

In part one of my interview with retired attorney, former assistant attorney general, and lifelong abductee Terry Lovelace - we discussed his most harrowing journey AFTER his 1977 abduction at Devils Den State Park in Northwestern Arkansas.

The full hour was taken up with his recounting the details of a full on interrogation, and the disturbing aftermath that haunts him to this day.

On today’s show - a part two that I knew we would have to do right away, Terry goes further into the events that preceded his 1977 event, along with the discovery in 2012 of a device mysteriously placed in his leg. A visit to his home by an odd Asian woman who he recalled from his childhood, and the warning she gave him that shook him to the core.

We also discuss his time spent with Luis Elizondo of To the Stars Academy - his take on the recent disclosure by the US Navy about the reality of UFOs or UAPs and where he feels we’re all headed on this very twisted and important journey here on Planet Earth.

Get Incident at Devils Den by Terry Lovelace 👉 https://amzn.to/2mP7KtJ

14. Link to Post #28092
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthFiles

Special Report

Streamed & Published 25th September 2019

Linda with a special report with news from round this galaxy, Its all covered this week featuring north american bird population decline, 5G, Exo-Genotypes & Answers fifthteen of your questions...

15. Link to Post #28093
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

WonderfulEngineering.com

The World’s Most Advanced Camera Built For The Detection Of Exoplanets

Researchers have been putting huge efforts to find signs of life in the universe. While the exoplanetary explorers like Kepler Space Telescope and Tess spacecraft continue to discover these planets. The physicists and astronomers are still trying to get all the help that they can get. A team of researchers from the University of California has developed a powerful new instrument to detect the planets. This device is so far the world’s largest and highly advanced superconducting camera. It is capable of distinguishing a planet’s light from its star.

Read all about it here: https://wonderfulengineering.com/wor...planets-built/

16. Link to Post #28094
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

WFIRST Space Telescope Fitted For 'StarGlasses'

When a new NASA space telescope opens its eyes in the mid-2020s, it will peer at the universe through some of the most sophisticated sunglasses ever designed.

This multi-layered technology, the coronagraph instrument, might more rightly be called "starglasses": a system of masks, prisms, detectors and even self-flexing mirrors built to block out the glare from distant stars—and reveal the planets in orbit around them.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2019-09-wfirst...arglasses.html

17. Link to Post #28095
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 25th September 2019 | Tornado, Earthquakes, Fire, Cosmic Jets, Satellite

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Climate change will never be the same with solar particle forcing. The video are some key numbers in the climate discussion, and below, here are some more links I wish Greta and AOC would click.

This Top Climate Scientist is the Latest To Question The State of Climate Science.

18. Link to Post #28096
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

Space News | More SpaceX! More Orion! More Mars!

Published 26th September 2019

Jared Head takes us to Asia for launch coverage, brings us news of NASA purchasing more Orion spacecraft from Lockheed Martin, and delivers a general update of SpaceX's plans to wrap up 2019.

Lisa Stojanovski breaks down the breakdown of InSight's hammer that measures how hot Mars' interior is, and how JPL is fixing a problem ON MARS FROM EARTH.

And Dr. Tamitha Skov gives us our weekly Space Weather update, along with showing us eclipses on other planets, and how eclipses can affect space weather at Earth.

19. Link to Post #28097
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Becky Smethurst

Night Sky News | September 2019 | The Most Massive Pulsar & Did We Really Find A “Habitable” Exoplanet?

It's Night Sky News time again where we recap everything that's happened in space news this past month and everything to look out for in the sky in the coming month.

False dawn - 00:26
    Jupiter, Saturn and the Moon - 02:28
    Draconids - 03:18
    Juno’s snap of Io shadow - 03
    Chandrayaan-2 loss - 04:35
    The most massive neutron star - 06:11 - Cromartie et al. (2019) - https://arxiv.org/pdf/1904.06759.pdf & https://arxiv.org/pdf/1304.6875.pdf
    Did we really find a habitable exoplanet in K2-18b? -11:30 - https://arxiv.org/pdf/1909.04642.pdf & https://www.nature.com/articles/s41550-019-0878-9

20. Link to Post #28098
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 25th August 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

21. Link to Post #28099
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Telescope Science Institute

Tonight's Sky: October 2019

Crisp, clear October nights are full of celestial showpieces. Find Pegasus, the flying horse of Greek myth, to pinpoint dense globular star clusters and galaxies, including our neighbor Andromeda. Keep watching for space-based views of M15, NGC 7331, and the Andromeda Galaxy.

22. Link to Post #28100
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

The Pelican Nebula In Gas, Dust & Stars

Broadcast & Published 25th September 2019

In today's image we see the star forming region known as the Pelican Nebula. Here we can see various stages of the star formation process including newly formed stars, stars in the process of forming and stars just beginning the star formation process.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1405 of 1819 FirstFirst 1 405 905 1305 1355 1395 1405 1415 1455 1505 1819 LastLast