+ Reply to Thread
Page 1406 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 406 906 1306 1356 1396 1406 1416 1456 1506 1823 LastLast
Results 28,101 to 28,120 of 36446

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28101
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,692 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

NASA Astrobiology

Ask an Astrobiologist : Dr. Bruce Damer

Published 25th September 2019

Once a month, SAGANet (www.saganet.org) and the NASA Astrobiology Program host a program called "Ask an Astrobiologist", where the public is invited to interact with a high-profile astrobiologist, who replies to twitter, facebook, and chat questions live on video. This monet Dr Damer is in the hot seat!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #28102
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astrum

What Did NASA's Dawn Mission Discover While @ Vesta?

NASA's Dawn spacecraft was the first spacecraft to orbit two extraterrestial bodies, Vesta and Ceres. But what did it do and discover while it was there? Astrum answers!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. Link to Post #28103
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Chandra X-Ray Observatory

A Quick Look @ Triplet Black Holes

Three supermassive black holes are on a collision course, captured by telescopes on the ground and in space.

The system where this triple black hole merger is happening, called SDSS J0849+1114, is located about a billion light years from Earth.

To make this discovery, astronomers combined data from telescopes on the ground as well as several in space including Chandra, Hubble, WISE and NuSTAR.

Scientists have seen multiple cases where two supermassive black holes are collision course.

This latest result, however, is the best evidence yet for a trio of giant black holes.

Astronomers think these triplet collisions, while extremely rare, play a critical role in how the biggest black holes grow over time.

&

A Tour of Triplet Black Holes

Three giant black holes have been spotted within a titanic collision of three galaxies. This discovery was made using data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and other telescopes both on the ground and in space.

To uncover this rare black hole trifecta, researchers first needed information from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey telescope in New Mexico that scans large swaths of the sky in optical light. With the help of citizen scientists across the globe as part of the Galaxy Zoo Project, the system known as SDSS J0849+1114 was tagged as a system of colliding galaxies.

Then astronomers turned to infrared data from NASA's WISE mission, which revealed that the system was glowing intensely in the infrared during a phase in the galaxy merger when more than one of the black holes is expected to be feeding rapidly. To follow up on these clues, astronomers then turned to Chandra and the Large Binocular Telescope, or LBT, in Arizona.

The Chandra data revealed X-ray sources — a tell-tale sign of material being consumed by the black holes — at the bright centers of each galaxy in the merger, exactly where scientists expect supermassive black holes to reside. Chandra and NASA's NuSTAR also found evidence for large amounts of gas and dust around one of the black holes, typical for a merging black hole system.

One reason it is difficult to find a triplet of supermassive black holes is that they are often shrouded in gas and dust, and this blocks much of the light from the regions around them. The infrared images of WISE, the infrared spectra from LBT and the X-ray images from Chandra bypass this issue, because infrared and X-ray light pierce clouds of gas much more easily than optical light.

Astronomers think these triplet collisions, while extremely rare, play a critical role in how the biggest black holes grow over time. Because of that, they will continue to use Chandra and other telescopes to search for these important systems.

5. Link to Post #28104
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Institute For Advanced Study

Dr Lena Murchikova | Feeding A Black Hole

Black holes are believed to be a key ingredient of galaxy formation with this in mind Dr Lena Murchikova describes how to satisfy their insatiable appetite!

6. Link to Post #28105
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

World Science Festival

Andrew Strominger | Solving the Puzzle of Black Holes

Harvard University Professor of Physics Andrew Strominger explores the deep theoretical puzzles that have driven black hole research and the insights achieved by recent breakthroughs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th September 2019)

8. Link to Post #28106
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Geomagnetic Storms Headed For Earth

Published 26th September 2019

In early September, a large hole in the sun's atmosphere firehosed Earth with solar wind, sparking sparking geomagnetic storms and auroras in more than a dozen US states. After a one-month trip around the sun, it's back.

NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory photographed the same hole facing Earth yesterday. Solar wind is emerging from it faster than 700 km/s. Estimated time of arrival: Sept. 27-28. NOAA forecasters say that G1- and G2-class geomagnetic storms are possible when the gaseous material arrives.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 26th September 2019 at 17:42.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (2nd October 2019)

10. Link to Post #28107
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 26th September 2019 | Earthquake, Cosmic Collision, "Black Holes", Climate

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

12. Link to Post #28108
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

Da Vinci Rise

Broadcast & Published 26th September 2019

In today's image we see the waning crescent moon as it rises. Only a small portion of the moon is directly illuminated by the Sun, the remainder is being illuminated by earthshine - sunlight reflected off the Earth - to the moon and back to the Earth. This gives us a faint illumination of the portion of the moon that would otherwise be invisible at this phase.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

14. Link to Post #28109
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Meteoroides.net

Fireball Event | Mediterranean Sea | 25th September 2019 @ 22:59 UT

This amazing meteor overflew the Mediterranean Sea on 2019 September 25 at about 01:59 local time (equivalent to 22:59 universal time on September 24). It was generated by a rock from a comet that hit the atmosphere at about 140,000 km/h. It began at an altitude of about 108 km over the sea, and ended at a height of around 60 km.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ivanhoe (26th September 2019), william r sanford72 (2nd October 2019)

16. Link to Post #28110
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nature.com

Gigantic Chinese Telescope Opens To Astronomers Worldwide

Published 24th September 2019

FAST has superior sensitivity to detect cosmic phenomena, including fast radio bursts and pulsars.

The world’s largest single-dish radio observatory is preparing to open to astronomers around the world, ushering in an era of exquisitely sensitive observations that could help in the hunt for gravitational waves and probe the mysterious fleeting blasts of radiation known as fast radio bursts.

Read all about it here: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02790-3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

18. Link to Post #28111
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Isaac Arthur

Aloof Aliens

Discussion of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations often hinges on the idea that they may have ascended to a higher state or higher level of reality, and lost interest in us and the rest of the galaxy. While we can't know what technologies or enlightened paths they might have available, we can ask how realistic the portrayals of those aliens might be, and if this notion make sense as a Fermi Paradox solution.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

20. Link to Post #28112
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO Planet

Four UFOs In Diamond Formation Over Philadelphia, PA, USA

Today we examine an interesting submission from Philadelphia. The shooter says there were 4 black objects overhear, in a diamond formation. While recording, a jet passes by as well.

Submitter description:

I thought I saw a bunch of balloons but there were to many of them I went upstairs to the 2nd floor and started recording as I played back the recording the objects were moving together I caught a plane in the recording the objects seems to be moving fast as I replayed I started to zoom in and found that there was 4 objects moving together in the shape of a diamond.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 26th September 2019 at 16:40.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ivanhoe (26th September 2019), william r sanford72 (2nd October 2019)

22. Link to Post #28113
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Peter Maxwell Slattery | UFO Over Australia

Recorded 22nd & Published 26th September 2019

UFO Over Australia September 22nd 2019 filmed over Ferntree Gully Victoria Australia by Mr Peter Maxwell Slattery.

23. Link to Post #28114
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO Planet

Bright UFO Orb Over Pforzheim, Germany

Published 27th September 2019

In this clip I examine a strange, bright orb high in the skies of Germany.

Submitter Description:

My brother woke me up, and since my bed is right next to the window, I look out the window and there it is, as soon as I saw it, a white bright light flying, I went to get my phone out and record it.
    I managed to get 3 minutes of footage but I couldn’t record it any more because I had to do some private work.

24. Link to Post #28115
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Dolan & Cameron | UFOlogy Unplugged | Part One

Streamed & Published 27th September 2019

Richard Dolan and Grant Cameron in Toronto on September 21, 2019, discussing many of the current issues affecting ufology, including Disclosure, TTSA, Davis-Wilson, Davis-Sarfatti, Kit Green, Hal Puthoff, and much more. Be sure not to miss the second part of this interview.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

26. Link to Post #28116
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Fade To Black Radio

Richard Dolan

Recorded & Published 25th September 2019

In this broadcast, author, publisher and researcher Richard Dolan is here to talk about all of the recent developemnts with UFOs and UAPs in the media, government and the DOD.

Richard's section starts @ 32 minutes

One can listen by clicking here
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 29th September 2019 at 08:55.

27. Link to Post #28117
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Tales From The Rabbit Hole

Nick Pope | Area 51, UFOs & UFOlogy

Nick Pope is a journalist and media commentator who writes and talks a lot about the UFO phenomenon. He is perhaps best known for a role he undertook for the British Government from 1991 to 1994 which involved investigating reports of UFO sightings. We talk about his recent trip to view the storming of Area 51, his history of investigating UFO sighting, the current state of UFOlogy research and culture, and interaction with people on the internet.

28. Link to Post #28118
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Allies Of Humanity

Responding To ET Contact In The World

In this talk given at a conference in Peruíbe, Brazil, Marshall Vian Summers discusses a spiritual sense of reality in facing alien visitation.

The above clip is an excerpt from a presentation for a Brazilian with english language audience posted below

Who Is Visiting Our World & What Do They Want?

Published 15th September 2019

Marshall Vian Summers speaking from Brazil on Alien Contact, Life in the Universe and the Allies of Humanity Briefings.

0:07 - Introduction
    3:45 - The Marshall Story
    5:45 - The source of the messages Marshall received
    6:42 - The reality of intelligent life in the universe
    10:51 - A universe that is not human
    13:12 - Individual freedom and trade networks in the universe
    14:52 - The free races and the Allies of Humanity
    17:34 - Competitors and allies
    20:24 - It's not a visitation, it's an intervention.
    21:34 - The 4 Main Activities of Extraterrestrial Intervention
    22:07 - The Pacification Program
    27:02 - Abductions and Hybridization
    31:14 - Why is this happening now?
    34:14 - How Extraterrestrial Intervention Works
    36:50 - Reading an excerpt from the first report
    39:26 - The Allied Message
    43:47 - What is having power in the universe
    46:29 - Military invasions are not allowed in this region of space.
    47:39 - The chance to reach the union of the human race
    52:00 - We all came into the world with a purpose in life.
    53:54 - How to prepare for life in the universe

Questions and answers

1:01:02 - Question 1: Who are the Allies and why do they want to help us?
    1:03:40 - Question 2: Intervention wants to dominate us and aren't they friends?
    1:04:16 - Question 3: Would the union of human races be a force against intervention?
    1:06:26 - Question 4: Would increased intensity and some violence in communication between people be an influence of the Intervention?
    1:07:59 - Question 5: Is there any power in the universe that can limit Intervention?
    1:09:33 - Question 6: How can we stop this attempt at colonization?

29. Link to Post #28119
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Gralien Report

Dr. Brian Keating | Life Beyond: SETI & Animal Anomalies

Broadcast 16th & Published 27th September 2019

On this edition of the program, news of a mysterious rash of earthquakes in a small Southern town has many locales wondering what might be rumbling below. However, it has Micah asking whether anybody in the affected area has been looking up… we also touch on a recent confirmation provided by the U.S. Navy to researcher John Greenewald about unusual objects depicted in three pieces of footage its fighter pilots obtained… and which apparently were never meant to be released to the public.

Then Micah recaps his recent trip to the Marion, North Carolina Sasquatch festival, where a variety of local art, crafts, and colorful characters were all on display, in tribute to America’s most famous (and reclusive) hairy biped. We cover some of the events, as well as the claims by the research community present at the event, before shifting our attention over to the subject of “alien big cats”, involving sightings of large, black cats in various parts of the Americas. In fact, Micah was recently treated to a remarkable story by a man who shared not only one, but two sightings of large black cats resembling melanistic jaguars or cougars in parts of rural Western North Carolina. Could there really be exotic looking large cats that range further north into parts of the United States?

Then in hour two, after touching on the exciting discovery of a new interstellar object that may have entered our solar system, Dr. Brian Keating of the Simons Observatory joins us to discuss his passion for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI), which he explains as being not merely the search for aliens, but the quest to find evidence of their techno-signatures, which may help astronomers finally prove that sophisticated alien technologies may exist in our universe. In addition to his views on the SETI program, Dr. Keating also gives us his views on the so-called “Sagan Effect”, many problems with science and the peer review process, and an update on the forthcoming Nobel Prize season, a topic covered in his book Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science’s Highest Honor.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #28120
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Edge Of Reality Radio

David Marler

Published 28th September 2019

On this week's episode of "Edge of Reality Radio," Lee Speigel returns from a trip to New Mexico where he visited the massive historical library and collection of UFO information created over a 30-year span by acclaimed author and researcher David Marler. Citing tens of thousands of international files, pictures, films, newspaper accounts, audio recordings and previously unseen documents confirming decades of official UFO government and military interest in the subject, Marler will offer credible UFO stories - still unexplained -- that didn't get the media attention they deserved.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 29th September 2019 at 09:28.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1406 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 406 906 1306 1356 1396 1406 1416 1456 1506 1823 LastLast