Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst 1 39 79 89 99 139 154 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3077

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #1761
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 times in 1,526 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

So , say it is true that this virus is an engineered bioweapon, that was planted in Wuhan by parts of the USA deep state.

This does not compute, as it would very likely blow up in their faces

Firstly, the Chinese are sophisticated enough to see that such an ACT OF WAR originated from a semi-rogue agency outside of democratic oversight, or presidential control. They very likely would depart from traditional inscrutability, and publish research, accusing these forces of the crime. Such a statement would greatly assist those in the USA seeking to reestablish the people's control of a deep state currently operating autonomously.

The Chinese military is hopefully disciplined enough to take this idea on board without retaliation militarily, hopefully.

But the biggest potential blow-back is that China is well down the road to recovery, and resumption of manufacturing. The economy and state are looking like they will weather this challenge.

However the effects on the west are likely to be direr. Our freedoms and democracy are fragile. Our economies are dependent on financial manipulation, such as qe, or helicopter money. We are heavily indebted to private interests. We are awash with fiat currency, that is potentially inflationary in relation to real resources such as gold.

Therefore it looks more like an attack on the west. The kind of deep state that would do this is one that operates globally and may be blowing the whistle on western hegemony.Throughout history when corrupt states are put under economic pressure, one escape for these types of establishments is to start wars.

Mr T , seen optimistically , has successfully side stepped several manipulated attempts to start hot wars in Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine. I am not sure that the alternatives such as Biden or Pence, or Hillary will be able to resist the pressure. Or even big T.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (14th March 2020), happyuk (14th March 2020), Iloveyou (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tarazeda (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #1762
    United States Avalon Member Stryder's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in maine this is on point. Lots of weird stuff goes on in this little state. Thank you

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stryder For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #1763
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Just one thought:

If the number of already infected people is greatly underestimated, than the mortality rate would be as greatly overestimated.
    The current 2020 flu had in my region a mortality rate of 0.5% (900 cases known, 4 deaths).
    So the real mortality rate of that corona virus situation might be much lower than it appears, being in the same range (0,5%) as that of the current common flu.

That does not change much in the situation, but it helps not to panic and instead carefully and sensibly reduce the risks.
    Last edited by Olaf; 14th March 2020 at 11:40.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Earth Angel (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Iloveyou (14th March 2020), Inaiá (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #1764
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,748 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Olaf (here)
    Just one thought:

If the number of already infected people is greatly underestimated, than the mortality rate would be as greatly overestimated.
    The current 2020 flu had in my region a mortality rate of 0.5% (900 cases known, 4 deaths).
    So the real mortality rate of that corona virus situation might be much lower than it appears, being in the same range (0,5%) as that of the current common flu.

That does not change much in the situation, but it helps not to panic and instead carefully and sensibly reduce the risks.
    But no, that calculation doesn't apply. The mortality rate can only be estimated from 'completed' cases — i.e. those who became infected but who have either recovered or died.

With everyone else (the 'active cases', still 'in progress'), we don't yet know how they will turn out. So those numbers can't be taken into account yet.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Inaiá (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020), Yoda (15th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #1765
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

[
    Quote QUOTE=Baby Steps;1340764]So , say it is true that this virus is an engineered bioweapon, that was planted in Wuhan by parts of the USA deep state.

Firstly, the Chinese are sophisticated enough to see that such an ACT OF WAR originated from a semi-rogue agency outside of democratic oversight, or presidential control. They very likely would depart from traditional inscrutability, and publish research, accusing these forces of the crime. Such a statement would greatly assist those in the USA seeking to reestablish the people's control of a deep state currently operating autonomously.

The Chinese military is hopefully disciplined enough to take this idea on board without retaliation militarily, hopefully.

But the biggest potential blow-back is that China is well down the road to recovery, and resumption of manufacturing. The economy and state are looking like they will weather this challenge.

However the effects on the west are likely to be direr. Our freedoms and democracy are fragile. Our economies are dependent on financial manipulation, such as qe, or helicopter money. We are heavily indebted to private interests. We are awash with fiat currency, that is potentially inflationary in relation to real resources such as gold.

Therefore it looks more like an attack on the west. The kind of deep state that would do this is one that operates globally and may be blowing the whistle on western hegemony.Throughout history when corrupt states are put under economic pressure, one escape for these types of establishments is to start wars.

Mr T , seen optimistically , has successfully side stepped several manipulated attempts to start hot wars in Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine. I am not sure that the alternatives such as Biden or Pence, or Hillary will be able to resist the pressure. Or even big T.[/QUOTE

Maybe blowing up in their faces is exactly what they wanted. What if you have an unsustainable economy, that has been pilfered and leveraged almost to the point of bleeding out. What if you need one more huge wealth transfer like the 2007 madness? What if you have a rogue president you can't seem to get rid of no matter what? What if the people that support the president have lots of guns? How could you crash the economy and make the president look like an idiot making way for the ultimate puppet president that will do their bidding, sleepy Joe Biden? How can you enforce sweeping changes without resistance.? Trump said that the health depts. now have sweeping new authority, that is not going to be a good thing in the end.

I find myself wanting to resist this possibility, it totally freaks me out, but I just can't. I now find that the suspicions I have carried match those of Bill and it is very troubling. I hope to god we are wrong on this. The implications are staggering. The depth of depravity is terrifying. Oh, how i would rather this be caused by bat soup.

The US is now throwing 50 billion dollars at this but as of March 12 they were only able to perform (CDC) 77 tests. Something is very, very wrong here. It almost feels like this is choreographed to create failure. To make it clear, I am speculating here.
    Last edited by Pam; 14th March 2020 at 12:56.

10. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Alan (14th March 2020), Baby Steps (14th March 2020), Ben (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), happyuk (14th March 2020), Inaiá (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tam (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #1766
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Hungarian prime minister, Victor Orban announced yesterday that all Hungarian schools would be closed from Monday 16th March onward. He wasn't specific about re-opening times but did mention that this protocol would likely be in effect for a period of months rather than weeks.

BTW, as highlighted earlier by Alberto and Daniela, here's the website for Defender - Europe 20.

Quote .....DEFENDER-Europe 20 is the largest deployment of U.S.-based forces to Europe for an exercise in the more than 25 years.....
    Just a coincidence, nothing to worry about.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), IChingUChing (14th March 2020), Inaiá (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #1767
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

The rest of the world is suffering twice as severe as Wuhan. I have been keeping the data for Hubei (the province of Wuhan) and outside Hubei. The death rate is calculated on the fly by the formula #death/(#recovery+#death). At the beginning the mortality rate of Hubei was 15 times the rest of the world, now it is 0.5 times.

The 15 times figure was largely compared with the rest of China at the beginning (first half of February), then the world caught up as I believed new strains of the virus appeared outside of China. This mortality ratio dropped rapidly and was equal to Hubei's on March 10. As the number of recoveries rises fast in China and the number of deaths rises also very fast in the rest of the world, the ratio becomes 0.5 in just four days. The mortality rate is rising above 10 for the rest of the world, while this is projected to be 4.5 for Hubei.

The number of confirmed cases in Hubei is about half that of the world total. Therefore we can make a very good comparison. An interest question arises. We do not see mass deaths in the world, where such information supposedly cannot be covered up. Now with this objective calculation, the world is now twice as bad as Wuhan, maybe even worse, was there also no mass deaths in Wuhan? Perhaps Wuhan was not as bad as estimated by the western media and the alternative media. There was no tens of thousands of deaths, people were not dropping dead on the streets in large numbers, and the crematorium "phone interview" was phony?

It cannot be ruled out that the disinformation champaign was very successful. We have all been misled and that the main strain of virus is not very lethal, and the claims of some researcher that it is faked have some substance?

Click image for larger version

Name:	flu.png
Views:	18
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	42767
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flu2.png
Views:	9
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	42768
    The projections meet at around the Spring equinox. This may indicate China can see daylight in one or two weeks.
    Last edited by syrwong; 14th March 2020 at 13:05.

14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Ben (14th March 2020), betoobig (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), DaveToo (15th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020), Wind (14th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #1768
    United States Avalon Member bobme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 234 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    [
    Quote QUOTE=Baby Steps;1340764]So , say it is true that this virus is an engineered bioweapon, that was planted in Wuhan by parts of the USA deep state.

Mr T , seen optimistically , has successfully side stepped several manipulated attempts to start hot wars in Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine. I am not sure that the alternatives such as Biden or Pence, or Hillary will be able to resist the pressure. Or even big T.[/QUOTE

Maybe blowing up in their faces is exactly what they wanted. What if you have a unsustainable economy, that has been pilfered and leveraged almost to the point of bleeding out. What is you need one more huge wealth transfer like the 2007 madness? What if you have a rogue president you can't seem to get rid of no matter what? What if the people that support the president have lots of guns? How could you crash the economy and make the president look like an idiot making way for the ultimate puppet president that will do their bidding, sleepy Joe Biden? How can you enforce sweeping changes without resistance.?Trump said that the health depts. now have sweeping new authority, that is not going to be a good thing in the end.

I find myself wanting to resist this possibility, it totally freaks me out, but I just can't. I now find that the suspicions I have carried match those of Bill and it is very troubling. I hope to god we are wrong on this. The implications are staggering. The depth of depravity is terrifying. Oh, how i would rather this be caused by bat soup.

The US is now throwing 50 billion dollars at this but as of March 12 they were only able to perform (CDC) 77 tests. Something is very, very wrong here. It almost feels like this is choreographed to create failure. To make it clear, I am speculating here.
    I have not had the time to read all the replies to this thread.

So excuse me if I say something already said.

Here, there is massive panic going on. people are draining grocery shelves as fast as they can stock them.

From the beggining of this outbreak of this flu, I also felt something fishy was going on. Nothing adding up to the response to it.

Is it A test to see how effectively we are we are conditioned to believe what we are told?

Also, the closing of schools. until April 6th? Why the specific date? How can one Specify a date to which you are safe from a virus, that they say they know nothing about?

There Is more going on here than meets the eye, so to speak. In my opinion.

On the other side of the coin, did they lab create, and release a virus that they did not understand enough?

Still more uncertaincy and boat loads of questions to look into here

Stay calm, and best to all always.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

aoibhghaire (14th March 2020), Ben (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Caliban (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #1769
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    Hungarian prime minister, Victor Orban announced yesterday that all Hungarian schools would be closed from Monday 16th March onward. He wasn't specific about re-opening times but did mention that this protocol would likely be in effect for a period of months rather than weeks.

BTW, as highlighted earlier by Alberto and Daniela, here's the website for Defender - Europe 20.

Quote .....DEFENDER-Europe 20 is the largest deployment of U.S.-based forces to Europe for an exercise in the more than 25 years.....
    Just a coincidence, nothing to worry about.
    Just found this is relation to Defender Europe 20:

Quote U.S. European Command: Exercise Defender-Europe 20 Update

| March 12, 2020
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    Photos

1 of 1

United States European Command

United States European Command (Photo by U.S. European Command)

Photo Details
    |
    Download
    |

STUTTGART, Germany —

After careful review of the ongoing Defender-Europe 20 exercise activities and in light of the current Coronavirus outbreak, we will modify the exercise by reducing the number of U.S. participants. Activities associated with the exercise will be adjusted accordingly and we'll work closely with Allies and partners to meet our highest priority training objectives.

The health protection of our force, and that of our Allies and partners, is a top concern. We take the Coronavirus outbreak seriously and are confident that by making this important decision we'll continue to do our part to prevent the further spread of the virus, while still maximizing our efforts to advance our alliances and partnerships and enhancing our comprehensive readiness to address any crisis or contingency.

As we work through the arrangements with our Allies and partners, we'll provide additional updates.

U.S. European Command
    That's from:

https://www.eur.army.mil/Newsroom/Re...ope-20-update/

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Ben (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #1770
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Has this article been posted yet? (If yes, mods/admins please delete)

VERY informative, logical article:
    Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

Article intro, and snippets:
    Updated on 3/13/2020. Now reflects an update on containment vs. mitigation strategies. 19 translations at the bottom. Send me more existing translations in private notes at the bottom. This article has received 24 million views in the last 72h.
    With everything that’s happening about the Coronavirus, it might be very hard to make a decision of what to do today. Should you wait for more information? Do something today? What?
    Here’s what I’m going to cover in this article, with lots of charts, data and models with plenty of sources:
    • How many cases of coronavirus will there be in your area?
    • What will happen when these cases materialize?
    • What should you do?
    • When?
    When you’re done reading the article, this is what you’ll take away:
    The coronavirus is coming to you.
    It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
    It’s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
    When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
    Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
    Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
    They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
    The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
    That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.
    (snip)

I'd like to paste the whole article here, charts and all, but it is too big. It's Chris Martenson on steroids. Highly recommended for everyone, and those that are questioning whether this is some sort of "psyop" by the elite will have a better grounding in this particular (I'd call it "weapons grade") virus.

No doubt that at least the Global Controllers and some of the mobster governments will "not let a good crisis go to waste", so I'll be looking for draconian legislation or "riders" to be created, another offensive by the Israelis, additional vectors of attack against Iran, Venezuela, Syria, etc., BUT, that doesn't mean this isn't a kickass, virulent virus.

The official response of social distancing is primarily a strategy to keep hospital infrastructure from being overwhelmed and/or collapsing - at least spreading the cases out over months and not spiking in a week or two's time. Don't think of this as a "flu" but rather a viral pneumonia that requires about 20% of those infected to be hospitalized in ICU-level care for 2 to 3 weeks. Avalon has other threads for
    1.) boosting immunity (combined with social distancing so hopefully you will not get this virus) and
    2.) fighting a major virus if you do get it,
    but this linked article will help you understand the spread of the disease and you'll understand the wisdom of "social distancing."
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 14th March 2020 at 15:23.

20. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Alan (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), happyuk (14th March 2020), IChingUChing (14th March 2020), mountain_jim (14th March 2020), onevoice (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020), Wind (14th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #1771
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,748 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by bobme (here)
    I have not had the time to read all the replies to this thread.
    Please do, It's worth it. There's a LOT of good information here.

Is it a test to see how effectively we are we are conditioned to believe what we are told?
    No. it's a real virus, and a real crisis in many countries. (And if it's not a crisis yet in some places, it will be within days or weeks.)

Also, the closing of schools. until April 6th? Why the specific date? How can one specify a date to which you are safe from a virus, that they say they know nothing about?
    Different countries have said different things. Different dates, or no date. Or different dates within the same country, in different administrative areas. My strong guess is that after any stated date, the schools in many places will stay closed as the situation intensifies.

There Is more going on here than meets the eye, so to speak. In my opinion.
    Yes, I agree.

On the other side of the coin, did they lab create, and release a virus that they did not understand enough?
    I don't think so.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020), Yoda (15th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #1772
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,968 times in 539 posts

Quote Posted by Sophocles (here)

Here's the video Ethan Galstad talks about here about the doctor who estimates 50 000 to 500 000 infected in the U.S.

We have between 50,000 and half a million cases right now... in the United States: Johns Hopkins

Quote The impact of the coronavirus is continuing to escalate, and Johns Hopkins University Professor of Public Health Dr. Marty Makary says, "I think we have between 50,000 and half a million cases right now walking around in the United States". He joins Yahoo Finance's On the Move panel to discuss.
    I believe what Dr Marty Makary is saying essentially that the official Covid-19 cases in the US is vastly underestimated. We have a close friend of the family who is a nurse that works in a large local hospital. She didn't give a lot of details, but she is saying to us to not go to hospital if at all possible. The medical staff is way over worked and can already barely handle the current situation. Currently the official number of Covid-19 cases in our county is 4. She would not be saying what she said if there were only 4 confirmed patients in our county. She said things are far worse than what we are seeing or reading in the mainstream media. This probably the case all across the country, as officials do not want to alarm people.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Alan (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Inaiá (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TomKat (14th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #1773
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,278 times in 3,171 posts

well ,in my mind now, theres no way to stop it. so its a matter of what to do if and when i get it. ( and may already have as previously mentioned) so Im going about life, doing all i have always done. playing ice hockey and playing golf with my son today.
    minimize fear, trust your intuitions. remember to laugh and enjoy the good you have
    strange days have found us

26. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (14th March 2020), celticwarrior (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), happyuk (14th March 2020), leavesoftrees (15th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #1774
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,787 times in 8,388 posts

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)

I believe what Dr Marty Makary is saying essentially that the official Covid-19 cases in the US is vastly underestimated. We have a close friend of the family who is a nurse that works in a large local hospital. She didn't give a lot of details, but she is saying to us to not go to hospital if at all possible. The medical staff is way over worked and can already barely handle the current situation. Currently the official number of Covid-19 cases in our county is 4. She would not be saying what she said if there were only 4 confirmed patients in our county. She said things are far worse than what we are seeing or reading in the mainstream media. This probably the case all across the country, as officials do not want to alarm people.

I think there's a reality check required.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the tail end upside of a covid 19 infection myself. I'm NOT a statistic in the UK official account of the state of things covid-19.

I did what a lot of people would do, I got ill, I'm clobbering it with my supplement armoury, I'm keeping warm and keeping my head down. I've not called a doctor or been admitted to hospital. The state has no idea about me at all. If I'm doing that, so are thousands of others. None of them are counted in the stats.

And anyway, the shuffling of pieces on the board are not a realistic protection strategy for the mass population. It's a protection strategy for the 'system', itself. The current actions are at least 2 months too late to be effective as bottom line citizen protection. I'll guess that people high up in government here in UK already know that.

It's pretty obvious to me by now that covid-19 is rampant here in UK. But, it's pretty obvious to me also that it's not killing any more people than other rampant viruses here do. I assume all that is pretty obvious to the government too. Even their advice says "stay home and get through it on your own". Of course, they won't come right out and say the virus is everywhere and thousands of people are already dealing with it. Their advisers won't let them, for system crisis reasons, considering how hyped the biased media made the whole subject.

Best think of covid 19 as this years cold-season and get on with it. That's pretty much what the UK government is doing, anyway. The rest is hype-crisis-stabilisation.

The supply chain crisis is a whole other story though, and that might be what all this lockdown activity is really prepping for.
    Last edited by norman; 14th March 2020 at 18:14.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

28. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (14th March 2020), Caliban (14th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), edina (15th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), happyuk (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), leavesoftrees (15th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Patient (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), silvanelf (14th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020), Wind (14th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #1775
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Has this article been posted yet? (If yes, mods/admins please delete)

VERY informative, logical article:
    Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

Article intro, and snippets:
    Updated on 3/13/2020. Now reflects an update on containment vs. mitigation strategies. 19 translations at the bottom. Send me more existing translations in private notes at the bottom. This article has received 24 million views in the last 72h.
    With everything that’s happening about the Coronavirus, it might be very hard to make a decision of what to do today. Should you wait for more information? Do something today? What?
    Here’s what I’m going to cover in this article, with lots of charts, data and models with plenty of sources:
    • How many cases of coronavirus will there be in your area?
    • What will happen when these cases materialize?
    • What should you do?
    • When?
    When you’re done reading the article, this is what you’ll take away:
    The coronavirus is coming to you.
    It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
    It’s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
    When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
    Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
    Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
    They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
    The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
    That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.
    (snip)

I'd like to paste the whole article here, charts and all, but it is too big. It's Chris Martenson on steroids. Highly recommended for everyone, and those that are questioning whether this is some sort of "psyop" by the elite will have a better grounding in this particular (I'd call it "weapons grade") virus.

No doubt that at least the Global Controllers and some of the mobster governments will "not let a good crisis go to waste", so I'll be looking for draconian legislation or "riders" to be created, another offensive by the Israelis, additional vectors of attack against Iran, Venezuela, Syria, etc., BUT, that doesn't mean this isn't a kickass, virulent virus.

The official response of social distancing is primarily a strategy to keep hospital infrastructure from being overwhelmed and/or collapsing - at least spreading the cases out over months and not spiking in a week or two's time. Don't think of this as a "flu" but rather a viral pneumonia that requires about 20% of those infected to be hospitalized in ICU-level care for 2 to 3 weeks. Avalon has other threads for
    1.) boosting immunity (combined with social distancing so hopefully you will not get this virus) and
    2.) fighting a major virus if you do get it,
    but this linked article will help you understand the spread of the disease and you'll understand the wisdom of "social distancing."
    That was a very good article! Thank you!
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Inaiá (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #1776
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Spoke to Emergency Room nurse friend at large local hospital (suburbs NYC) -- NO cases of Covid. But lots and lots of frightened people with colds and sore throats calling for some kind of guidance.

Tell your friends to chill out. A little bit, at least.
    Last edited by Caliban; 14th March 2020 at 16:44.

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), DaveToo (15th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Earth Angel (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #1777
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,787 times in 8,388 posts

The vanishing bog rolls thing has become a huge meme.

There could be a whole other reason why they have flown off the supermarket shelves. Instead of people watching telly and anticipating a coming reason to hoard everything imaginable, how about there are thousands people going through a corona infection ( that's a cold, by the way ) in silence and under the radar.

Most people I know use bog rolls to blow their noses. It's cheaper, and doesn't fill up the bin as fast as fancy tissues.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), happyuk (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), PurpleLama (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #1778
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

I had a couple of items that I felt I needed to get when Walmart opened at 6am I was there shortly after. I was the only person in the store wearing a mask and it actually provided the benefit of people actively avoiding me, probably thinking I had some illness..Nice surprise benefit. I live in a small community that has several retirement communities in the immediate area which makes the population much older than the average. I paid close attention to the efforts of people to social isolate or to even use the disinfectant wipes at the door for your cart and saw none except avoiding the lady with the mask on. The gym is still hopping.

The last time I was at a store all the TP was gone. Today, all the rice and beans were gone. All the hand sanitizer and most soap was gone. So fear has been generated at least to some.

Here is the situation. My small city has no hospital. If you need hospitalization you need to travel about 20-30 miles either way to very small hospitals in those cities. I live around the kind of folks who are going to get in real trouble with this. In their 80's and frail, on all sorts of medications .. The closest hospital supports a much larger city and it is probably full on a good day, I can only imagine what is to come.

Can you blame these people for not taking this seriously? When you hear that all of the US has only 2500 patients it's a pretty normal response to think that is not going to effect you, personally. In fact, according to Washington state as of this morning not a single person in this county has had a case of covid-19. Hey, why not go to the gym? If I hadn't been looking into this at all and you gave me those "facts" I doubt I would have any concern.

Contrast that with shutting down borders and throwing 50 billion dollars at it and bailing out any corporation that whines (exaggeration) at the same time you have the CDC that can't even put a frigging test together and are hampering the efforts at every level of others that can do that along with lack of PPE for those that need it and you have a real mind smuck being thrown at us. Talk about creating fear, apprehension, denial and uncertainty.

Another observation. These last few days are the first times that I have seen Trump seem to lose his confidence. He has a deer in the headlight look and seems worn down. If in fact, there is another agenda, I don't think he was privy to it, but he looks sufficiently worn down to go with the program. He is out of his league here. I believe he will push whatever agenda he is told at this time.

I hope our forum international community will keep reporting from their areas, it has been so helpful thus far to hear from everyone all over the world. It will help to keep the picture balanced.
    Last edited by Pam; 14th March 2020 at 16:56.

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Mare (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (15th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), TrumanCash (14th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #1779
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,825 times in 1,353 posts

UPDATE: Our machine from Luohe, China (Henan province) has cleared customs and is on the way to Idaho from Honolulu.

Lots of people in the local supermarket yesterday morning before Trump's speech. Still no rubbing alcohol, no hydrogen peroxide, toilet paper shelves nearly bare, etc. Judging by the shopping carts at check out, people are only preparing for a short event. People are calm and no one is wearing mask, gloves, etc (yet). Of course, this is northern Idaho where many people are already prepared for whatever and where people smile and wave to each other.

There are Fedex service suspensions in Wuhan and other cities in the Hubei province.

Idaho health officials report 1st coronavirus case in state
    Last edited by TrumanCash; 14th March 2020 at 17:01.

38. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Houman (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Pieman (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (15th March 2020), Sophocles (18th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020), T Smith (14th March 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #1780
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

It is noticeable how fast the news is now.. every few minutes there is a statement from somewhere re action taken by a particular country.
    This speed in itself and the nature of those actions hint at a monster on the loose. A lot of 'better safe than sorry' actions which are beginning to seem
    like desperate moves.

Has anyone got an eye on traffic near to the underground bases? (just an interesting sidenote)

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th March 2020), Frank V (14th March 2020), graciousb (18th March 2020), justntime2learn (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), silvanelf (15th March 2020), Tintin (15th March 2020), wondering (14th March 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst 1 39 79 89 99 139 154 LastLast