+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would you do if you discovered your dead mother's remains had been sold to the US military?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default What would you do if you discovered your dead mother's remains had been sold to the US military?

Apparently, Man who donated his mother's body to an Arizona center for Alzheimer's research discovers it was sold on to the US Military for $6,000, strapped to a chair and blown up in 'blast test'

More here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-blown-up.html

What do you make of that?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st July 2019), Denise/Dizi (31st July 2019), Kryztian (31st July 2019), Matt P (31st July 2019), RogeRio (31st July 2019), Sadieblue (31st July 2019), Sunny-side-up (31st July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,742 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: What would you do if you discovered your dead mother's remains had been sold to the US military?

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Apparently, Man who donated his mother's body to an Arizona center for Alzheimer's research discovers it was sold on to the US Military for $6,000, strapped to a chair and blown up in 'blast test'

More here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-blown-up.html

What do you make of that?

I'd profoundly doubt that was true. To test the effects of blasts on bodily tissue, they'd always use animal bodies such as cows, pigs or sheep.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (1st August 2019), Denise/Dizi (31st July 2019), justntime2learn (31st July 2019), RogeRio (31st July 2019), Sadieblue (31st July 2019), Wind (31st July 2019), Yoda (31st July 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Default Re: What would you do if you discovered your dead mother's remains had been sold to the US military?

if you read the journalistic report, you can see " compared to the horror novel Frankenstein ", ie, Sensationalism, spreading fear

media subversion, its a mass psych-technique to make people be angry with formal institutions, using half-trues, disinformed and misinformed notices, that can be regarded as true if people are unaware about the plans behind daily notices spreading horror-fear from manipulative media.

anyway, regarding a black&white thinking, if he donate the mom's body, there's no much more to claim.

maybe, could being a sponsored funeral company influence, for people don't donate more family bodies, and spend money with cerimonials.

or maybe, could being a distraction sponsored by abortive (intel) campaigns, that remarkably does business with fetal tissues and bodies.

who could know ?
    Last edited by RogeRio; 31st July 2019 at 16:45.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (31st July 2019), petra (31st July 2019), scotslad (31st July 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

I dunno, I think the military would benefit from using a human body to test the things they're developing. certainly the military even has morticians.. As well as trained medical staff. They have a long history of using humans for weapons testing. The guy gave the body over for medical research already. But I think they're probably more shocked that someone else made a healthy profit over then turning that body over to the military. It certainly was a better option than having to pay the expenses themselves to bury it. Perhaps it wasn't useful in the Alzheimer's research once the patient passed away?

I believe there could be some truth to it. Why not? Would you care if that happened to your body once you died? I think I would be happy to no longer need the vessel and it would be kind of cool to watch someone blow it up. Look at how many people get cremated. I suppose because it was a loved one this would be shocking, but they lent it to science in one form or another, cutting it up or blowing it up, either way, what's the difference? It wasn't going to remain intact.

Perhaps I need to go get my coffee and this all sounds cold, but I think there is a need for such things. The CIA has the "Farm" that helps them determine how long bodies have been dead, and to see what forms of life then take over. There is a place for such things.. Someone is going to do it ..

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

RogeRio (31st July 2019), Sadieblue (31st July 2019), scotslad (31st July 2019), Spaceball Ricochet (31st July 2019), sunflower (5th August 2019), wondering (31st July 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

I would not put it past the military to do something like this, not for a second.

If this is a true story, it is equally distressing that a medical center of any kind would stoop this low to sell a human body after having obtained it from a family member under apparently false pretenses and without full disclosure of the intended use of the body. I would not be surprised if it violated a number of state and federal laws which regulate the proper handling and disposal of human remains by doing what it did. The military too, but that's a tougher nut to crack liability-wise.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), scotslad (1st August 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Credible news source:

During a year-long investigation, W5 probed the dark and often illegal side of the “body broker” industry in the U.S. What we discovered is a world where noble donations in the name of science give way to nightmarish facilities and a trade in body parts for profit.

Our focus is Arthur Rathburn, a Detroit body broker who bought cadavers that had been donated to legitimate non transplant tissue banks to be used for science. But that’s not what happened. Rathburn would buy donated cadavers, dissect them and sell or lease the body parts to private companies. The bodies were used for everything from displays at medical seminars and workshops to crash and ballistics testing.

But W5’s investigation doesn’t stop at the American border. In an interview, Arthur Rathburn’s former delivery driver tells Sandie Rinaldo exactly where in Canada he and Rathburn delivered American-sourced cadavers.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/w5-probes-...ains-1.4297489

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), Franny (31st July 2019), Kryztian (31st July 2019), scotslad (1st August 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,065 times in 3,486 posts

This is a true story, and is just one of many stories investigated by Reuters, on how bodies were donated to science and then resold for a profit, including in many cases to the military.

A business where human bodies were butchered, packaged and sold

Part 7: For a decade, Arizona-based Biological Resource Center persuaded dying Americans to donate their bodies to science. More than 5,000 did. Here’s what happened to thousands of them.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...dies-business/

What I find disturbing is that people gave their bodies, or the bodies of loved one, for research that they assumed would help benefit others, research to overcome disease and disability. But what may have happened here is that this was research to benefit a psychopathic elite that is often using a military and weapons to kill and maim. I would love to know that my body could help people with cancer and other diseases after my spirit and soul have ended their connection with it, but it would be horrifying to know that it could be used to wage war and create harm.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), Eva2 (1st August 2019), scotslad (1st August 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think it was more about consent as it was about any money that was being shared out.
    Being strapped to a chair and being blown to oblivion can hardly matter to you if you're already dead but I imagine it could matter very much to the families of the loved ones.
    Either there was a genuine glitch in communication over consent or it's a small part of a massive scam.

Any bad feeling would surely hinge on the fact that for the man and those families before him they were denied any say in the decisions that were made about their loved ones. Had they been asked what would they have said?
    The guy already said it was ugly to think of his mother and to be reminded of how things turned out, so I'm guessing he wouldn't have allowed it to happen.
    Why was no professional courtesy shown from those involved to keep him updated or is it the case that once a body gets handed over to medical science it ceases to become your 'property' and they can do whatever they like with it?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spaceball Ricochet For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), scotslad (1st August 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

I'd profoundly doubt that was true. To test the effects of blasts on bodily tissue, they'd always use animal bodies such as cows, pigs or sheep.

There was a lawsuit, Bill... It says they found thousands of body parts and the guy pleaded guilty to selling them off. They have the records of the military buying them.. why exactly do you so profoundly disbelieve it... out of curiosity...?

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

I think I may have a questionable sense of humo(u)r

I know this is a serious subject, but I can't help but be drawn to imagining what it is to be told that your dead mother has been sold to the military and blasted into smithereens.

How random is that?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), scotslad (5th August 2019)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,910 times in 2,594 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    I dunno, I think the military would benefit from using a human body to test the things they're developing. certainly the military even has morticians.. As well as trained medical staff. They have a long history of using humans for weapons testing. The guy gave the body over for medical research already. But I think they're probably more shocked that someone else made a healthy profit over then turning that body over to the military. It certainly was a better option than having to pay the expenses themselves to bury it. Perhaps it wasn't useful in the Alzheimer's research once the patient passed away?

I believe there could be some truth to it. Why not? Would you care if that happened to your body once you died? I think I would be happy to no longer need the vessel and it would be kind of cool to watch someone blow it up. Look at how many people get cremated. I suppose because it was a loved one this would be shocking, but they lent it to science in one form or another, cutting it up or blowing it up, either way, what's the difference? It wasn't going to remain intact.

Perhaps I need to go get my coffee and this all sounds cold, but I think there is a need for such things. The CIA has the "Farm" that helps them determine how long bodies have been dead, and to see what forms of life then take over. There is a place for such things.. Someone is going to do it ..
    Well - Perhaps the military should be more upfront and offer to pay the families the 6K directly. I would imagine many would go for it. Especially considering how expensive burials and cremations can be.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), Orph (5th August 2019)

22. Link to Post #12
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Quote Well - Perhaps the military should be more upfront and offer to pay the families the 6K directly. I would imagine many would go for it. Especially considering how expensive burials and cremations can be.
    I agree. More about - thinking he was doing the right thing and for a worthwhile cause, and the deception of a handful of ashes by the US military whilst all the time knowing the true purpose, role and intent of the remaining parts of the body (which the recipient of the ashes did not). I'm sure a lawyer somewhere will pick up on that once they scrutinise any legal agreements signed and the supporting evidence, documentation and news coverage that's now come to light.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th August 2019), Spaceball Ricochet (6th August 2019)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)

Well - Perhaps the military should be more upfront and offer to pay the families the 6K directly. I would imagine many would go for it. Especially considering how expensive burials and cremations can be.
    I don't think that the military is at fault for this one, but rather the blame for the greed falls upon the shoulders of the institution that sold a body that was donated to them to begin with, but YES I AGREE with you. The institution should not have profited on the loss of their family member, it is repulsive.

If they had no choice but to dispose of the body as it wouldn't aid them in their research? The ethical thing to do would be to return it to the family with a suggestion that perhaps they may wish to donate or sell it to the military. I agree.. It is not at all moral or ethical in the way it was handled... But I BET there are laws on the books suggesting that it is ILLEGAL to sell a dead body unless you are one of those institutions.

What is wrong with this world? Where someone else can profit on the loss of a family member.. Yet it is illegal for you to sell the body of a family member for science yourself? I am sure that there are laws against such things, but protecting those institutions engaging in such behavior.

The story really casts a terrible light on the facility that took the body to begin with.. Once it reached the military, the family no longer had right to the body however, sadly.
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 5th August 2019 at 21:08.

+ Reply to Thread