+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: What Is A Shaman and What Does A Shaman Do?

1. Link to Post #81
    Germany Avalon Member Spirithorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 times in 277 posts

Default Re: What Is A Shaman and What Does A Shaman Do?

Hi Ishtar,

Thank you very much for this very informative thread and for the wisdom you share with us. It's going to take me a bit to read through all the articles but I'm looking forward to it.

In your post about the horsetail tincture you mention the horsetail spirit (with her green skin and orange hair). One question came to my mind about this - is the spirit you describe the same thing what people also would call horsetail Deva?

And another question came up about the days of the week in relation to the planets. Most days are pretty easy to remember, for some I need the French word)

Sunday - sun
    Monday - moon
    Tuesday - mars (French - mardi)
    Wednesday - mercury (French - mercredi)
    Thursday - jupiter
    Friday - venus (French - vendredi)
    Saturday - saturn

That much I know but I have no idea why the days are named in this particular order, obviously it hasn't anything to do with their order in the solar system. Do you know why it's this way?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spirithorse For This Post:

Calz (10th November 2011), chocolate (17th November 2013), Ishtar (9th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (10th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 610 posts

That is such an excellent question, Spirithorse. Truly... a simple question but one with an answer which reveals a very deep truth that has been hidden from us for thousands of years.

Each of the days of the week is 'governed' by one of the planets. This means that influences from say, the Moon, are more prevalent and felt by us on Earth on the first day of the week. Tuesday is named after an old Norse god, Tiw, but as you rightly point out, the French languge, which is much closer to the Latin, uses 'mardi' for Mars ... and so on. So the order is dictated not by the order they are from the Earth but for when that planet's influences are stronger than the others.

It's quite fun to see how you feel on certain days, to learn how these planets affect our moods and how we think and feel in other ways. For instance, Wednesdays (mercredi, governed by Mercury) always seem to be very fast and busy days, with lots of quicksilver commercial activity and bartering and trading going on among MERchants.

Thursdays, on the other hand, have long been my favourite day, governed as it by jovial and generous-spirited Jupiter.

These are just my own subjective impressions, and I'd be interested to hear whether others have noticed this, and what they feel on certain days.

By the way, an astrologer would say that I've completely over-simplified it and also would have more technical terms that would be more correct. So I've emailed by good friend and traditional astrologer, Peter Stockinger, for his explanation and I'll pass it on to you as soon as it arrives.

On to devas, and it's difficult to be categoric about what devas are because the Rig-veda, where they mainly appear, is really just a bunch of hymns and so doesn't go into specifics. There are other spirits called asuras who in the Rig-veda are good spirits, and then later on the Srimad Bhagavatham, they become bad. This is because there was a political split caused when Zoroaster started his new religion, and adopted the asuras as his good spirits and made the devas bad. So several thousand years later, and with very little textual evidence, it's very difficult to know what they meant. But I see Horsetail as one of the 'plant people', a plant spirit, and I think I'm going to stick with that.

There are also elementals ~ for example, the sylphs of the air and the salamanders of the fire, etc.

There are also the spirits of the Land, known in this country through their Celtic names of the Fae, the Sidhe, or the Gentry.

Once again, thanks for asking these interesting questions, and I'll let you know what Peter comes back with, as you might as well have the right technical explanation!

Love Ishtar x
    Last edited by Ishtar; 10th November 2011 at 00:08.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (10th November 2011), Heart-2-Heart (10th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (9th November 2011), Spirithorse (10th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #83
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

It is very refreshing to see the metaphysics 101 in such evidence here, as well as the depth of knowledge also, Ishtar. The basics of metals and days with their planetary influences is one aspect of our culture that is too often missing from the lexicon and knowledge base of many modern pagans and witches.

I also am enjoying the formidable feminine power demonstrated here by you and 9eagle9. It has been a great 'tag team'.

With that said, Blessed Be.

6. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Many thanks indeed, Modwiz,

I've now received this from my friend, traditional astrologer, Peter Stockinger, where he's answering the question about the history of how we ended up with the days of the week in the order that they are today.

Quote The Babylonians thought that the slower a planet would move, the more important it would be. The Sun takes a year to pass around the celestial sphere, which takes 365 days. The Moon moves along the ecliptic, in 27 days. Mercury moves from one side of the Sun to the other completing one cycle in 116 days. Venus takes about 584 days for one cycle. Mars takes about 780 days to move around the celestial sphere. Jupiter takes longer than Mars and Saturn longer than Jupiter. Therefore in order of slowest to fastest, we have Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon. Good but not quite right, you will say – but there is more.

Next they divided each day into twelve hours and each night into twelve hours for a total of twenty four hours a complete day. (see as well my article Planetary Hours for tables, etc) The first hour for example would be Saturn, the second Jupiter, the third Mars etc. assigned in the order of slowest object to fastest. Because the first hour was assigned to Saturn the day would be known as Saturn's day. This assignment of gods continued and when they reached the eighth hour, they started the list from the top and assigned the eighth hour to Saturn, ninth to Jupiter, etc. The twenty fourth hour of the first day would be assigned to Mars and thus the first hour of the next day would be assigned to the Sun and that would be the Sun's day. Continuing in this way the first hour of the next day would fall to the Moon, Moon's day. The following days would then be Mars's day, Mercury's day, Jupiter's day, Venus's day, and finally back to Saturn's day. In the end this leaves us with Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday again.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 10th November 2011 at 08:26.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (10th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (10th November 2011), Spirithorse (10th November 2011)

8. Link to Post #85
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Except that the days of the week are mostly named after Norse gods.

9. Link to Post #86
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Let's see. Tiwsday, Wodensday, Thorsday and Fridjasday (Friggs or Friggas or......)

Yeah, I guess 4 out of 7 qualifies as a mostly.
    Last edited by modwiz; 10th November 2011 at 08:44.

10. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

It will be interesting to see if the Norse gods correspond with the Greek ones.

E.g. Frigga with Venus and Woden with Mercury.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (10th November 2011)

12. Link to Post #88
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ishtar (here)

They do Ishtar. The fit is there. Since the Norse Pantheon is not a derivative of of the Mediterranean
    systems there is a little bit of 'play' but the archetypal energies do line up well enough.

Odin/Wodens' ravens are messengers for him. Frigga's name means love, or beloved one.

Yes, the system is sound.
    Last edited by modwiz; 10th November 2011 at 09:19.

13. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Perfect! The system works then.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (10th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #90
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Dunno, can't help you with that bit.

16. Link to Post #91
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

It is said in the Edda the old sayings of Oden: Dont pass any treshold until you have

looked out, and spyed, until you have tracked and inquired. Entering this thread gives

me this feeling. Modestly I go uot into the wilderness again. LOL

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Calz (10th November 2011), Cottage Rose (11th November 2011), Ishtar (10th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (10th November 2011)

18. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Since the Norse Pantheon is not a derivative of of the Mediterranean
    systems there is a little bit of 'play' but the archetypal energies do line up well enough.
    This, to me, is what is so telling about it. These are two very ancients systems of which none is derived from the other but which largely correspond. This means that there must have been a much more ancient teaching than either the Vedas, the Edda or those contained in the Babylonian star books which they are all derived from....possibly from a time when this sort of lore was only transmitted orally and a time when the teaching came direct from the spirits.

This is of personal interest to me because yesterday, I got stopped, almost physically, certainly mentally by Mercury yesterday from starting to create a new spagyric governed by Mercury. I wasn't sure what was happening, and so I got in touch with my overarching spirit guides, and the message that came through was to the effect that I was getting so involved in old alchemists' and herbalists' charts of planetary correspondences, which have been passed down through the centuries, that I wasn't doing what I should be doing, and consulting Spirit for which herb to use, rather than charts. I was reminded that this is how these correspondences were discovered in the first place ... that the charts were only the results of those initial enquiries by priest astronomers and alchemists of the time. They also said that I had to be open to those correspondences changing if the times should change and that I couldn't do that if I was depending solely on old charts. It was a very interesting and valuable lesson, and so I am now back to the drawing board, and going deeper, for my Mercury spagyric.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 10th November 2011 at 12:18.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (10th November 2011), Heart-2-Heart (10th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (10th November 2011), Spirithorse (10th November 2011)

20. Link to Post #93
    Germany Avalon Member Spirithorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 times in 277 posts

Many thanks indeed, Modwiz,

I've now received this from my friend, traditional astrologer, Peter Stockinger, where he's answering the question about the history of how we ended up with the days of the week in the order that they are today.

Quote The Babylonians thought that the slower a planet would move, the more important it would be. The Sun takes a year to pass around the celestial sphere, which takes 365 days. The Moon moves along the ecliptic, in 27 days. Mercury moves from one side of the Sun to the other completing one cycle in 116 days. Venus takes about 584 days for one cycle. Mars takes about 780 days to move around the celestial sphere. Jupiter takes longer than Mars and Saturn longer than Jupiter. Therefore in order of slowest to fastest, we have Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon. Good but not quite right, you will say – but there is more.

Next they divided each day into twelve hours and each night into twelve hours for a total of twenty four hours a complete day. (see as well my article Planetary Hours for tables, etc) The first hour for example would be Saturn, the second Jupiter, the third Mars etc. assigned in the order of slowest object to fastest. Because the first hour was assigned to Saturn the day would be known as Saturn's day. This assignment of gods continued and when they reached the eighth hour, they started the list from the top and assigned the eighth hour to Saturn, ninth to Jupiter, etc. The twenty fourth hour of the first day would be assigned to Mars and thus the first hour of the next day would be assigned to the Sun and that would be the Sun's day. Continuing in this way the first hour of the next day would fall to the Moon, Moon's day. The following days would then be Mars's day, Mercury's day, Jupiter's day, Venus's day, and finally back to Saturn's day. In the end this leaves us with Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday again.
    Many thanks Ishtar, for the detailed response
    ...and do you know what the best thing is, your astrologer friend already answered my next question, - how do I know which planetary energy governs the hours of a day?

Isn't that exactly the way Spirit works - getting the answer before you ask the question ?
    Thanks again :-)

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirithorse For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), Ishtar (10th November 2011), Lord Sidious (10th November 2011), modwiz (11th November 2011)

22. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

This work is always done as a pure soul.

I have been practicing this since I was a very young whippersnapper. I am 71 not and do not feel that age has anything to do with it. From what I have been taught by my teachers (not Earth-based), a so-called "shaman" (or whatever name you want to call them) never is the one doing the work. They are simply a vessel through which the actual work takes place. As for having the ability to enter an altered state of conscientiousness, it is something I have been doing since I was born. I do know what my name is, but it is something I never share as it is only for me to recognize. I am not even sure that the name is of Earth as it was spelled phonetically.

Also, I do not believe in the bloodline theory of "special" people holding more ability to do this work. Anyone has the ability if they choose to use it...at any age or culture. The most powerful of these healers are the most humble and many prefer to do their work without fanfare or naming because they recognize that ego has no place in this work. It is always done for the benefit of others. It is a life of service to others without any manner of fame or wealth playing a factor in the practice. The desire to this comes from the Human mind/ego.

i have little use for conspiracy theories as to who we are being ruled or controlled by as that has to do with our physical bodies. It has no bearing on the pure soul. I find to spend time on this issue is to waste time that I could be spending traveling as a pure soul. Also, my lack of fear when coming into contact with entities that are different than we are has enabled me to communicate with anything.

I am aided by animals, plants, stones, ETs, and so on. I always travel or enter an altered state with an Obsidian shield wrap around my soul. My intent is always neutral so that what needs to come through to help is able to. I do work primarily with Black Jaguar, Orca, Crow, a Fire and a Chaos Dragon, Dog, Wolf, to name a few.

I have often been asked when someone could call themselves a shaman and I reply "When it does not matter to you that you are." A true shaman has no ego involved in their work because it is not them that is doing the work.

I shared the information above because I wanted to put that out at the beginning of any comments I am going to make on this thread.

My work is always free. All my websites are free, as is any teaching done there.

In addition to the two listed in my signature, I have the website www.animalspirits.com All the information is free and there are over 300 animals and their teaching on the site. All the animals determined what order they came in, their picture, and the wisdom they wanted on the site. I just typed. If you visit it, I hope you enjoy your time with the animals.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), chocolate (17th November 2013), Fred Steeves (11th November 2011), Ishtar (11th November 2011), Laura Elina (11th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), motherlove (11th November 2011), Spirithorse (11th November 2011)

24. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by animalspirits (here)
    Also, I do not believe in the bloodline theory of "special" people holding more ability to do this work. Anyone has the ability if they choose to use it...at any age or culture. The most powerful of these healers are the most humble and many prefer to do their work without fanfare or naming because they recognize that ego has no place in this work. It is always done for the benefit of others. It is a life of service to others without any manner of fame or wealth playing a factor in the practice. The desire to this comes from the Human mind/ego.
    I agree totally with the above, and I can and do teach anyone to do this who wants to learn. It is our heritage. I believe our earliest ancestors could all pretty much do it, but for one reason or another, the technique has been forgotten in the West.

However, I do charge for teaching and healing, in the same way that shamans have always done. Going back into history (and even now in indigenous tribes) shamans were always supported by their tribe to perform this role, even if money didn't change hands. We don't have tribes in the West, and so I cannot be supported in that traditional way. Therefore, I accept the normal exchange of energies in a capitalistic culture, which is currency aka money. I will also accept bartering of goods and services, providing I'm being offered something that I want and need.

If I didn't charge for this, I would have to stop doing it, because without that support, I would have to go and get a job and not be available for this work. I do, however, give a lot away for free ~ if a person is ready for an initiation but has no money, I will give it to them anyway. I also make a lot of information and teaching available here and on my website and blog.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 11th November 2011 at 12:51.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), Spirithorse (11th November 2011)

26. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Working with the soul is a misnormer. Medicine people tend to work with what is effecting one's access to their soul or higher intelligence. The ego. i personally leave people's souls out of the equation and focus on what is interferring with their soul access and that's a myriad of issues related to mind, consciousness and the ego. One doesn't intiate that sort of work until they've bent their own ego a bit.

However it's been demonstrated down through the centuries that certain bloodlines had access to certain abilties. Where did these stories of generational shamans come from if otherwise?

One , no one assigned a value of special to particular bloodlines . Assigning values of special is a function of the ego . They're wasn't mass slaughter and genocide because these people were special. It's becase they were a threat.

Apparently the notion of DNA even as we are extolled to activate is still threatening to some.

Environmental stimulus imposes influence on DNA and those conditions are passed on genetically. If generations of anyone lives in a cloistered , sacred, ritualistic,
    natural environment the genetics of that family is going to be altered and passed on to their offspring. Perverting how this occured is in part how they managed to trap humanity. Ask the Native Americans who quickly assumed physical senstivities to alcohol in just few short generations.

Its pretty evident we are all different and its up to all us to find out how we are different because having this seeming 'equality' imposed on us is what got us all in trouble thousands of years back. It's neccessary because we all have something to bring to the paradigm of our salvation. Not one person or culture has all the answers and its only by bringing this all together that we integrate what was lost from us. Instead we attempt to limit it by belief.

This is how sociopathic entities came into power. Because we can't let go of the notion everyone is the same and that is ego related. Its knee jerky. "Oh they look human, they MUST be human" even as its apparent , far too late, that they are not possessed of any sort of human--humane- qualities. This is self evident but since we are not taught to trust ourselves....but trust things external of us.

It would be hard to believe that certain bloodlines carried certain traits even though we see this expressed daily in life....lol. These bloodlines existed in every culture and every continent so its a bit hard to get away from.

But because most of those bloodlines have been thinned, genetic holocaust, because they possessed certain abilities because that aspect of their DNA was not coded because of their environment. Why pagans of any bloodline were so notoriously hard to convert. Their environment . Environs influence DNA. So they had access to information concering our origins that wasn't tampered with. Or were a threat to another culture in some fashion. This is historically evident. Ireland experienced a mass cultural quashing because of the druidic bloodlines first by the entity most threatened--the Church. Better to kill them all off than to take the risk that one or two may survive. Which hapened anyway. So did Native America. How quickly did genetically related alcoholism enter into the Native American paradigm. In a few hundred years.

Nothing speical about what certain bloodlines carried, it could be passed to others who were not of the same bloodline but the Church found that distasteful, and heresay the same way it did sexual rites. I am not sure if another culture attempted to pass certain traits via the bloodrites but there is a reason why our current usurping monarchies mimic what used to be the hereditary practices of certain bloodlines that orginally created the thrones. We have no idea what Monarchy means anymore. No more than what maternal, matriachal does. This is just evidence that is uncovered regardless of one wants to believe in it or not. Not believing it won't make it go away. It's a naturally occuring expression that no one can prohibit. Meaning regardless of what we say or think on the matter its going to happen anyway.

In the same value I hear gurus extolling the virtues of everyone activating their DNA and then when that DNA begins to express something....its somehow 'wrong' or speical for it to do so? Why are we even people do these sort of things if it is wrong or speical to do so? We still want to prohibit things, that's our control mechanisms our conditioning still at work. We were conditioned to be self policiing. Shamans are here to free us by putting all sorts of prohibitions on us....lol?

Dimensions are speical places that only special people can go and the non speical are warded off by mechanisms when we've always known till we were told otherwise that a dimension is a unit of measurement. And people spontaneously access and express inner dimensionally without anyone's assistnce or prohibitions. How do we explain those people away? They aren't speical , human conditioning is what sets us apart. We lose the conditioning what makes us different and special and the playing field is leveled a bit there. Not by putting more conditions on things, don't do this, only this source of infromation is valid, when the people who are doing things without conditions are demonstrating something entirely different.

Examining thie history of bloodlines and the struggle attached to them closely one will find how we came under this mass illusions of conditions and put a false authority above us in relation to God. We are still externalizing 'god'. Given the scattering of hereditary DNA throughout the world there's many people carrying dormant bloodline related DNA and are dissuaded from having this activated solely because of the ego fear and assignments of special. The egos notorious mechanism that kicks in that assigns a value of "because that person may be special that automatically infringes on me the value of inferior."

This is not so, no one is made inferior , its a fear thought.

Which is just ego and a psychic trauma wound imposed on everyone thousands of years back. I'm not sure why people are so threatened by those who would give back to you what belonged to you in the first place. it's okay if an alien or an ET gives one something though an entirely allegedly different race of people.Same value. One's off planet and the other one is on planet.

This doesn't mean that these people are entitled to special privledge or entitlement, their state of beingness provides that without having to take from others. It means they have something to give back that was stolen from us. Like the Angel and ET people state have some intrinsic value to give back. And its going to occur regardless of what others 'think. Thinking is typically dominatd by ego. Or ego fear. This strikes me as hilarious that Aliens and ETS are special and can offer us something 'better' but its so hard to understand there are certain DNA traits, and their activation could be intiated by certain bloodlines is distasteful....lol. or speically wrong. Not even to be entertained even.

Or that people insist they are altered by interaction with certain spirts, angels and ETS but dismiss that there are bloodlines possessed of certain abilties. Aren't ET's as well? or are these ETs we communicate with are actually humans with the exact same dna as humans and are in no way different than humans , not smarter, not better....how? What is the difference here?

We assign value of 'special ' to archangels, random spirits, thing of that nature in relation to us but the thought that a bloodline or two could serve to activate one's internal mechanisms is distasteful? Their heridetary knowledge is threatening to ....what? What makes interactions and relations to ET's and angels better or more speciall?. Listening to all these accounts of ET's and how they seeded people doesn't carry a value of 'there's special ET seeded people' running amok on the earth? What is the intrinsic difference here?

Another myth is the correlation about pure soul not needing any intervention versus soul retrieval. If the soul is involiate why does it need intervention? Another opposing core value intiated by what we 'think' a shaman should be. Medicine people and spiritual advisors. Does the spirt need counseling? Or does the mind, that prevents the person from accessing their pure spirit, need it? I wouldn't so presumptious as to say I could fix someones soul, but one could be possessed of the tools to bend the mind enough so they could access it in a more productive manner.

But spiritual counselor and shaman sounds better than ego bender I suppose. The reality of the situation is the values people burp out there without examining the contradictions contained within the belief systems. A bleief system is a series of condtions and yet we are told to get rid of our conditioning/ One part higher expression with the ego objecting to certain touchy matters it wishes to preserve. If the soul is uncondtional there's no conditions for anyone to remove from it by the shaman, angel or ET.

And we are conditioned to trust what is outside of us rather than what is internal of us. The knowledge of what other spirits are saying for some reason has greater merit than our own spirit? We give authority to spirits, angels, ET's without trusting our own divinity? What our own spirit will show us (rather than tell us).

On the next breath we are taught that we need nothing external of us...lol. Opposing core values. If things begin to get contradictory one can trust the mind is interfering.

And you are correct we do not heal anyone for the same reason we facilitate by offering understanding of the psyche, helping to move energy, to see clearly what the problem is and then its up to the willingness of the recipeint to intiate their own healing process in order to access a higher expression. People do not see their own issues and need the assitance of others not neccessarily a shaman. Imposing influence on the ego, not the spirit.

Many cultures had a tradition of prohibiting their medicine people from working with others until they reached a certain age. This is supported by astrological aspects. It has to less with the soul and more to do with the responsiblity of working with another' person's psyche. Or mind. And its conditions.

I have been practicing this since I was a very young whippersnapper. I am 71 not and do not feel that age has anything to do with it. From what I have been taught by my teachers (not Earth-based), a so-called "shaman" (or whatever name you want to call them) never is the one doing the work. They are simply a vessel through which the actual work takes place. As for having the ability to enter an altered state of conscientiousness, it is something I have been doing since I was born. I do know what my name is, but it is something I never share as it is only for me to recognize. I am not even sure that the name is of Earth as it was spelled phonetically.

i have little use for conspiracy theories as to who we are being ruled or controlled by as that has to do with our physical bodies. It has no bearing on the pure soul. I find to spend time on this issue is to waste time that I could be spending traveling as a pure soul. Also, my lack of fear when coming into contact with entities that are different than we are has enabled me to communicate with anything.

I am aided by animals, plants, stones, ETs, and so on. I always travel or enter an altered state with an Obsidian shield wrap around my soul. My intent is always neutral so that what needs to come through to help is able to. I do work primarily with Black Jaguar, Orca, Crow, a Fire and a Chaos Dragon, Dog, Wolf, to name a few.

I have often been asked when someone could call themselves a shaman and I reply "When it does not matter to you that you are." A true shaman has no ego involved in their work because it is not them that is doing the work.

I shared the information above because I wanted to put that out at the beginning of any comments I am going to make on this thread.

My work is always free. All my websites are free, as is any teaching done there.

In addition to the two listed in my signature, I have the website www.animalspirits.com All the information is free and there are over 300 animals and their teaching on the site. All the animals determined what order they came in, their picture, and the wisdom they wanted on the site. I just typed. If you visit it, I hope you enjoy your time with the animals.

27. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Wow.

What a *great* thread.

That is all I will say. Just offering thanks as I sit back and take it all in whilst I munch ...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Gardener (11th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

I agree totally with the above, and I can and do teach anyone to do this who wants to learn. It is our heritage. I believe our earliest ancestors could all pretty much do it, but for one reason or another, the technique has been forgotten in the West.

However, I do charge for teaching and healing, in the same way that shamans have always done. Going back into history (and even now in indigenous tribes) shamans were always supported by their tribe to perform this role, even if money didn't change hands. We don't have tribes in the West, and so I cannot be supported in that traditional way. Therefore, I accept the normal exchange of energies in a capitalistic culture, which is currency aka money. I will also accept bartering of goods and services, providing I'm being offered something that I want and need.

If I didn't charge for this, I would have to stop doing it, because without that support, I would have to go and get a job and not be available for this work. I do, however, give a lot away for free ~ if a person is ready for an initiation but has no money, I will give it to them anyway. I also make a lot of information and teaching available here and on my website and blog.
    I managed to do both.

I never have tried to make a living doing this work.. It is a gift. I don't believe in charging people for something that is a gift. Of course, there are those that believe that if energy is exchanged then they have to either pay or give you a gift. It is like they feel you are taking their energy. If they feel that way, they have no faith in the healer/shaman and shouldn't be doing it anyway. Most people are fine with this, but there are those few that aren't. For those people, I ask that they make a donation to the animal, plant, or environmental non-profit organization of their choice. That way the animals, etc. that actually did the work benefit. I do nothing, it is done through me. I am a healing vessel. Of course, those that believe they do the healing have their own ego tied up in the whole thing anyway and will not be effective in their work. That is why, in most cases, the healings either don't happen or they have to go back to have more work done later...and pay more money.

I also believe that to identify with ancient healers is wrong. No one really knows how they healed. People go to these tribes to learn, but what they do not realize is that these healers never disclose everything they know. They are only teaching part of what they know.

The Animal Spirits Website has had over 2,800,000 hits since it began...so it is helping others learn on their own.

I came into this world with total recall of how to do this. I have been doing it since I was born some 70+ years. I am also not afraid to go where I need to go to help others.

If a person wants to make a living doing this, that is of course their choice. I just do not believe it is necessary. Spirit will provide a way to do both if one have enough faith in their path.
    Last edited by animalspirits; 11th November 2011 at 16:00.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), motherlove (11th November 2011)

31. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Working with the soul is a misnormer. Medicine people tend to work with what is effecting one's access to their soul or higher intelligence. The ego. i personally leave people's souls out of the equation and focus on what is interferring with their soul access and that's a myriad of issues related to mind, consciousness and the ego. One doesn't intiate that sort of work until they've bent their own ego a bit.

However it's been demonstrated down through the centuries that certain bloodlines had access to certain abilties. Where did these stories of generational shamans come from if otherwise?

One , no one assigned a value of special to particular bloodlines . Assigning values of special is a function of the ego . They're wasn't mass slaughter and genocide because these people were special. It's becase they were a threat.

Apparently the notion of DNA even as we are extolled to activate is still threatening to some.

Environmental stimulus imposes influence on DNA and those conditions are passed on genetically. If generations of anyone lives in a cloistered , sacred, ritualistic,
    natural environment the genetics of that family is going to be altered and passed on to their offspring. Perverting how this occured is in part how they managed to trap humanity. Ask the Native Americans who quickly assumed physical senstivities to alcohol in just few short generations.

Its pretty evident we are all different and its up to all us to find out how we are different because having this seeming 'equality' imposed on us is what got us all in trouble thousands of years back. It's neccessary because we all have something to bring to the paradigm of our salvation. Not one person or culture has all the answers and its only by bringing this all together that we integrate what was lost from us. Instead we attempt to limit it by belief.

This is how sociopathic entities came into power. Because we can't let go of the notion everyone is the same and that is ego related. Its knee jerky. "Oh they look human, they MUST be human" even as its apparent , far too late, that they are not possessed of any sort of human--humane- qualities. This is self evident but since we are not taught to trust ourselves....but trust things external of us.

It would be hard to believe that certain bloodlines carried certain traits even though we see this expressed daily in life....lol. These bloodlines existed in every culture and every continent so its a bit hard to get away from.

But because most of those bloodlines have been thinned, genetic holocaust, because they possessed certain abilities because that aspect of their DNA was not coded because of their environment. Why pagans of any bloodline were so notoriously hard to convert. Their environment . Environs influence DNA. So they had access to information concering our origins that wasn't tampered with. Or were a threat to another culture in some fashion. This is historically evident. Ireland experienced a mass cultural quashing because of the druidic bloodlines first by the entity most threatened--the Church. Better to kill them all off than to take the risk that one or two may survive. Which hapened anyway. So did Native America. How quickly did genetically related alcoholism enter into the Native American paradigm. In a few hundred years.

Nothing speical about what certain bloodlines carried, it could be passed to others who were not of the same bloodline but the Church found that distasteful, and heresay the same way it did sexual rites. I am not sure if another culture attempted to pass certain traits via the bloodrites but there is a reason why our current usurping monarchies mimic what used to be the hereditary practices of certain bloodlines that orginally created the thrones. We have no idea what Monarchy means anymore. No more than what maternal, matriachal does. This is just evidence that is uncovered regardless of one wants to believe in it or not. Not believing it won't make it go away. It's a naturally occuring expression that no one can prohibit. Meaning regardless of what we say or think on the matter its going to happen anyway.

In the same value I hear gurus extolling the virtues of everyone activating their DNA and then when that DNA begins to express something....its somehow 'wrong' or speical for it to do so? Why are we even people do these sort of things if it is wrong or speical to do so? We still want to prohibit things, that's our control mechanisms our conditioning still at work. We were conditioned to be self policiing. Shamans are here to free us by putting all sorts of prohibitions on us....lol?

Dimensions are speical places that only special people can go and the non speical are warded off by mechanisms when we've always known till we were told otherwise that a dimension is a unit of measurement. And people spontaneously access and express inner dimensionally without anyone's assistnce or prohibitions. How do we explain those people away? They aren't speical , human conditioning is what sets us apart. We lose the conditioning what makes us different and special and the playing field is leveled a bit there. Not by putting more conditions on things, don't do this, only this source of infromation is valid, when the people who are doing things without conditions are demonstrating something entirely different.

Examining thie history of bloodlines and the struggle attached to them closely one will find how we came under this mass illusions of conditions and put a false authority above us in relation to God. We are still externalizing 'god'. Given the scattering of hereditary DNA throughout the world there's many people carrying dormant bloodline related DNA and are dissuaded from having this activated solely because of the ego fear and assignments of special. The egos notorious mechanism that kicks in that assigns a value of "because that person may be special that automatically infringes on me the value of inferior."

This is not so, no one is made inferior , its a fear thought.

Which is just ego and a psychic trauma wound imposed on everyone thousands of years back. I'm not sure why people are so threatened by those who would give back to you what belonged to you in the first place. it's okay if an alien or an ET gives one something though an entirely allegedly different race of people.Same value. One's off planet and the other one is on planet.

This doesn't mean that these people are entitled to special privledge or entitlement, their state of beingness provides that without having to take from others. It means they have something to give back that was stolen from us. Like the Angel and ET people state have some intrinsic value to give back. And its going to occur regardless of what others 'think. Thinking is typically dominatd by ego. Or ego fear. This strikes me as hilarious that Aliens and ETS are special and can offer us something 'better' but its so hard to understand there are certain DNA traits, and their activation could be intiated by certain bloodlines is distasteful....lol. or speically wrong. Not even to be entertained even.

Or that people insist they are altered by interaction with certain spirts, angels and ETS but dismiss that there are bloodlines possessed of certain abilties. Aren't ET's as well? or are these ETs we communicate with are actually humans with the exact same dna as humans and are in no way different than humans , not smarter, not better....how? What is the difference here?

We assign value of 'special ' to archangels, random spirits, thing of that nature in relation to us but the thought that a bloodline or two could serve to activate one's internal mechanisms is distasteful? Their heridetary knowledge is threatening to ....what? What makes interactions and relations to ET's and angels better or more speciall?. Listening to all these accounts of ET's and how they seeded people doesn't carry a value of 'there's special ET seeded people' running amok on the earth? What is the intrinsic difference here?

Another myth is the correlation about pure soul not needing any intervention versus soul retrieval. If the soul is involiate why does it need intervention? Another opposing core value intiated by what we 'think' a shaman should be. Medicine people and spiritual advisors. Does the spirt need counseling? Or does the mind, that prevents the person from accessing their pure spirit, need it? I wouldn't so presumptious as to say I could fix someones soul, but one could be possessed of the tools to bend the mind enough so they could access it in a more productive manner.

But spiritual counselor and shaman sounds better than ego bender I suppose. The reality of the situation is the values people burp out there without examining the contradictions contained within the belief systems. A bleief system is a series of condtions and yet we are told to get rid of our conditioning/ One part higher expression with the ego objecting to certain touchy matters it wishes to preserve. If the soul is uncondtional there's no conditions for anyone to remove from it by the shaman, angel or ET.

And we are conditioned to trust what is outside of us rather than what is internal of us. The knowledge of what other spirits are saying for some reason has greater merit than our own spirit? We give authority to spirits, angels, ET's without trusting our own divinity? What our own spirit will show us (rather than tell us).

On the next breath we are taught that we need nothing external of us...lol. Opposing core values. If things begin to get contradictory one can trust the mind is interfering.

And you are correct we do not heal anyone for the same reason we facilitate by offering understanding of the psyche, helping to move energy, to see clearly what the problem is and then its up to the willingness of the recipeint to intiate their own healing process in order to access a higher expression. People do not see their own issues and need the assitance of others not neccessarily a shaman. Imposing influence on the ego, not the spirit.

Many cultures had a tradition of prohibiting their medicine people from working with others until they reached a certain age. This is supported by astrological aspects. It has to less with the soul and more to do with the responsiblity of working with another' person's psyche. Or mind. And its conditions.

I believe that everything that happens in life is a lesson. If you are able, you learn the lesson, drop the rest as baggage, and move the knowledge learned to the soul where it is not lost.

Everything that happens to the physical body affects the soul because that is why we are here...to experience physical lessons so the soul grows. The souls of people that have hard lives have the opportunity to learn the most and move much more knowledge to the soul. Those that lead easy lives have souls that learn little.

The greatest challenge to advancing spiritually is to recognize and control the physical Human mind/ego. One must learn to be able to separate the two...the physical mind/ego and the soul. The mind/ego always wants to exert control over the soul. That can be an internal lifelong fight that many never conquer.

Fear is a path stopper. One cannot advance soul-wise while contained in the "fear box". It will stop you every time. It will cause you doubt and guide you to belief systems that seek to control you. One must have the courage and lack of fear to look at the unknown square in the face and not flinch.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), Cottage Rose (11th November 2011), Fred Steeves (11th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), motherlove (11th November 2011)

33. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Being half Norse, I gotta give you more than a "thanks!"

So here it is:

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Calz (11th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast