Closed Thread
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst 1 40 50 60 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1190

Thread: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

1. Link to Post #981
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Quote Posted by fradda (here)
    OK don't post much...but are we supposed to be the enlightened ones???
    come on this reality is all over the place and this kind of negativity is an obstacle from exploring the deeper truths and meanings...so much is
    happening right now in this time line and we are still gossiping and taking tribal sides, this all seems a bit like inflated ego, I'm sure Bill didn't create this forum for this kind of issues, there is enough of that on main stream TV and gossip mags...the times are short, really short and most of us know this, remember why we are here and bury those ego inflated hatchets.
    Good post and welcome to Avalon.
    It isn't always like this.
    We have a STACK of solid contributors and info to read.

2. Link to Post #982
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 times in 228 posts

Default Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Quote Posted by Nate (here)
    Quote Posted by perfectresonance (here)
    Actually, it is probably time for another round of Paypal donations for Bill.

Bill is not going to ask unless he's on his last rice cracker, so here it goes:

CONSIDER A DONATION NOW <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I agree.

As far as I can tell, the only link to donate is on the main page thousands of words down. Is this correct? I would like to suggest that a little donate link be made more easily accessible. This would not be selfish IMO, as selfish would be to have advertisements all over the site. I have sent a PM to Bill requesting this. Also, if there was a way to express how you would like your donation to be used (for example: Hotel/server costs fund for Bill, thank you fund for the mods, hat cleaning service, etc), all the better.
    That was a link I posted. I have made it more obvious now - look above! Thanks.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to perfectresonance For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011), Cottage Rose (4th March 2011), Donna O (4th March 2011), silverchimes (5th March 2011)

4. Link to Post #983
    Thanks

I agree.

As far as I can tell, the only link to donate is on the main page thousands of words down. Is this correct? I would like to suggest that a little donate link be made more easily accessible. This would not be selfish IMO, as selfish would be to have advertisements all over the site. I have sent a PM to Bill requesting this. Also, if there was a way to express how you would like your donation to be used (for example: Hotel/server costs fund for Bill, thank you fund for the mods, hat cleaning service, etc), all the better.
    By the way, I have a question for ya;
    How far can a Kiwi?

5. Link to Post #984
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    How far can a Kiwi?
    I can answer that in two ways.

Twice half.

Or

Two thirds. Into a head wind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to perfectresonance For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #985
    Thanks

I agree.

How far can a Kiwi?
    Answer: not very well
    The more I learn .. The less I know

Live without pretending
    Love without depending
    Listen without defending
    Speak without offending

Love /Newlyn, no-one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Newlyn For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #986
    Thanks

How far can a Kiwi?
    I can answer that in two ways.

Twice half.

Or

Two thirds. Into a head wind.
    Close.
    It depends on which way the wind is blowing.

10. Link to Post #987
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Newlyn (here)
    Answer: not very well
    Oh.

Never had to compare my wiing to others.

I'm quite happy with the results.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Close.
    It depends on which way the wind is blowing.
    I'm sorry. Twice half is an exact answer that is right under all circumstances where wi output is larger than 0.

And I stand by that answer quite firmly.

Legs apart.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to perfectresonance For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011), Donna O (4th March 2011), jcocks (5th March 2011), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), pickle (4th March 2011), Sierra (4th March 2011), Steph (4th March 2011)

12. Link to Post #988
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

I agree.

i will be making a donation as soon as i get paid

13. Link to Post #989
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

As it warmer in the forrest than in in the summer I would say about halfways.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #990
    Thanks

(off topic)
    jorr! what about the for symbols thread?
    The more I learn .. The less I know

Live without pretending
    Love without depending
    Listen without defending
    Speak without offending

Love /Newlyn, no-one

16. Link to Post #991
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=manny;164938][QUOTE=perfectresonance;164895][QUOTE=Nate;164832]

I just made a donation. Jeez . . . he shouldn't have to sleep in his car while I am enjoying his videos.
    The Sage does not talk, The Talented Ones talk, And the Stupid Ones argue
    King Tingan
    Journey of Awakening

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meesh For This Post:

Cottage Rose (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), penn (4th March 2011)

18. Link to Post #992
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    OH!

Just when I thought we'd seen the worst of human nature here , NOW we are mocking Star Trek. I am appalled at the depths we sink too....

Yes, it's simply shameful!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011), Cottage Rose (4th March 2011), witchy1 (4th March 2011)

20. Link to Post #993
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Have we not spent all our energy and vented our spleens? All off topic now - therefore time to be moving on - nothing to see here anymore.

Mods, can you close please????

*Witchy ducks in expectation of the anticipated consequence*
    Last edited by witchy1; 4th March 2011 at 13:11.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Belle (4th March 2011), Hawkwind (4th March 2011), Inanna (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), Ruby L. (4th March 2011)

22. Link to Post #994
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

WOW!!

I've just come across this on a different thread:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post165032

and given the original topic of this thread, I thought a link should be posted on here too.
    Last edited by aikya; 4th March 2011 at 14:50.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aikya For This Post:

Nate (4th March 2011), Redtailhawk (4th March 2011), Teakai (5th March 2011)

24. Link to Post #995
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

good for Richard I say...
    It's probably that sort of gallantry he was looking for. He probably wanted to see how Richard would react. Oh well. If the 18 are picked already then things will begin to settle down now. I will miss the noise, but I've always been attracted to chaos.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jjl For This Post:

Cottage Rose (4th March 2011)

26. Link to Post #996
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Red face Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Racing in before Witchy and gang close the thread ...

Well ... I'm not sure this is a good idea to do this since we are having so much fun, but I haven't yet seen a postmortem yet and I find postmortems to be SO useful. So skip along if not in the mood dear hearts.

Bill I don't find you two faced at all, I find you appropriate. I am so sorry you and the mods had to go through this scenario. All of you have my respect, gratitude, admiration and here, have some carrots. Hot chocolate? A little peppermint schnapps with that? I rather adore you Bill from many years of lurking on Camelot/Avalon before joining this forum recently.

I say the following in hopes it helps... My .02 Postmortem analysis

1. If someone is working 40 hrs a week for free, then the price is too high. Set boundaries, limits.
    2. If expecting increase in traffic, then increase the server support personnel. Analyze potential of inaction.
    3. If relations of mods post, be aware re misuse of power, corresponding corruption, political damage.
    4. If mods don't tell Bill, WE don't tell Bill and hostile threads continue for pages, we are all at fault.
    5. Communicate guys. (Hahahahahaha roflmao at that one!)

For Celine: I confess, you drove me crazy. Kooky on page 38 of this thread quoted you as saying "Tie yourself to the mast my friend, and the storm will end See the beauty in life." and I had a brainstorm (Thank you Kooky!).

Taking a deep breath... I think this is actually perfect advice/mirror from one who is manic depressive. I am not insulting you Celine, I'm married to one and I love him dearly. Boo Hiss on TPTB who teach us to hide and fear ourselves and others humph and snort. IMHO the advice is perfect because all you can do when in the throes of a nasty astral body issue like that... is grip the mast and wait. When I watch my husband at the ends of the bell curve, I can see that he can't see. He can't hear. The emotion storm has swallowed him. He can only wait. I can only wait. I'm glad you have a dog Celine. Sometimes unconditional love is the only thing that gets us through life.

So I think you may have been more authentic than I thought you were and I apologize for resenting your presence. But I bet you'd still drive me crazy... and that is my problem!

OK! Hoping to Gawd no one is mortally offended by my hubris ...

I want some carrots.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

An Cailleach (4th March 2011), Cottage Rose (4th March 2011), Donna O (4th March 2011), Gardener (4th March 2011), karelia (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), Maria Stade (4th March 2011), Steph (5th March 2011)

28. Link to Post #997
    Thanks

I don't think you could catagorise Bill as two faced.
    The problem is, when you have a team, you can't be mr niceguy all the time.
    There is a referee in Italy, now retired, Pierluigi Collina, in my opinion THE best ref.
    Anyways, he was asked a while back, what his philosophy of controlling the game without ruining it was.
    His answer was this; ''Being a referee is like walking a dog, you give it all the leash it wants, but the first sign of trouble, you pull it all the way in until it behaves again.''
    I think that is how we should run our teams.
    Taking into account competancy of the team members and everything else.
    And before anyone asks, I have been a company director who had to recruit, train and supervise teams.
    I know a little bit about it.

Sorry Sierra, I forgot your carrots.

To make up for it, I have given you royal carrots.
    Last edited by Lord Sidious; 4th March 2011 at 17:41.

29. Link to Post #998
    France Deactivated
    Thanks

I don't think you could catagorise Bill as two faced.
    The problem is, when you have a team, you can't be mr niceguy all the time.
    There is a referee in Italy, now retired, Pierluigi Collina, in my opinion THE best ref.
    Anyways, he was asked a while back, what his philosophy of controlling the game without ruining it was.
    His answer was this; ''Being a referee is like walking a dog, you give it all the leash it wants, but the first sign of trouble, you pull it all the way in until it behaves again.''
    I think that is how we should run our teams.
    Taking into account competancy of the team members and everything else.
    And before anyone asks, I have been a company director who had to recruit, train and supervise teams.
    I know a little bit about it.

Sorry Sierra, I forgot your carrots.

To make up for it, I have given you royal carrots.
    Who took the chunk outta no.3, my Lord? hmm?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to An Cailleach For This Post:

Cottage Rose (4th March 2011), Sierra (4th March 2011), Steph (5th March 2011)

31. Link to Post #999
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Can this thread now be closed?

I think all has been said what needs to be said and the forum should return to normal working?

Just my two cents.

Irish
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

An Cailleach (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), Steph (5th March 2011), witchy1 (4th March 2011)

33. Link to Post #1000
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

I know a lot of this sounds off topic, but I'm not so sure it is.

The worm tongue thread had to run its course, through quite a storm, ending with the rainbow rocky shores pointed at. Hawkwind at the time gave a forecast for Avalon...I believe it was "cloudy, with a chance of fire and brimstone." Boy, was he right!

The after-effects of such raging storms is the feeling of having survived all that was thrown at us. Celebrating together in joy and laughter...a pause...a time of bonding...before work begins again is so absolutely necessary imho. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure feel much closer to the wonderful people here than ever before. And I am grateful we've been allowed this time of silliness before the thread is closed.

All I have left to say is
    Love and Carrots to us all

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

Adrift (4th March 2011), aikya (4th March 2011), An Cailleach (4th March 2011), bodixa (4th March 2011), Cottage Rose (4th March 2011), Hawkwind (4th March 2011), Isthatso (5th March 2011), karelia (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (4th March 2011), Maria Stade (4th March 2011), Sierra (4th March 2011), Steph (5th March 2011)

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst 1 40 50 60 LastLast