Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

the power of adrenalin!

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Sorry folks this is a hoax from some guys in Montreal, in fact on that day on the mount royal where this is filmed there was snow. It has been easily debunk up here and even in the language we can see slip sideing Snowy

3. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

Designing a toddler anchor anti-eagle device, going to be rich!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

RMorgan (19th December 2012), Star Tsar (19th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

Quote Posted by SnowyOwl (here)
    Sorry folks this is a hoax from some guys in Montreal, in fact on that day on the mount royal where this is filmed there was snow. It has been easily debunk up here and even in the language we can see slip sideing Snowy
    Thanks for the heads up. I still stand by my statement that eagles are serious business and something like this could happen.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

Carmody (20th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012), WhiteFeather (20th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

How did they hoax this and how did they get rid of the snow?
    “Bundinn er bátlaus mađur”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

noxon medem (19th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Sorry- I should have added an explanation of this video's subject rather than just post the URL. It explains the creation of the "eagle snatches toddler video" by a group of digital animation students.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...ral-video.html
    Last edited by Zelig; 19th December 2012 at 20:03.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Post:

Selene (21st December 2012)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lazlo (here)
    Thanks for the heads up. I still stand by my statement that eagles are serious business and something like this could happen.
    Don't be so quick to roll over.

12. Link to Post #28
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Well, I´m not sure about it...

I´m a CGI expert (It is a big part of my daily work) and I couldn´t find any signs of it...

If it´s a hoax, the only possibility is using a prop as a baby, a trained golden eagle, then replacing the prop with a real baby after the cut.

Anyway, I´m 90% it´s not a prop, since you can see the kid moving when the eagle carries it.

If it´s a hoax, it´s a pretty good one.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

13th Warrior (19th December 2012), DeDukshyn (19th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), noxon medem (19th December 2012)

14. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

I have seen video of an eagle carrying a fawn away in flight. Granted the eagle swooped down an incline, helping to maintain his speed, but still the little deer wound up on the dinner plate.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

15. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

RMorgan (19th December 2012)

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I think this is a cover story to prevent people form being frightened.

If this is a computer generated hoax then these two fellas are not going to have any problems finding work in their field.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

bennycog (20th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

18. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

THE TELEGRAPH Online.....................

Sea eagles 'could target children'
    Game keepers in Scotland have raised concerns that sea eagles could mistakenly target small children when hunting their natural quarry.

Sea eagles are Britain's largest bird of prey with a wingspan of up to 8ft Photo: ALAMY
    5:10PM BST 02 Sep 2011
    22 Comments
    The comment from the Scottish Gamekeepers Association comes following a recent incident where a senior clergyman was injured by a young eagle.

Sixteen sea eagles, Britain’s largest bird of prey with a wingspan of up to 8ft, have been released in the east of the country as part of a controversial reintroduction programme.

But last month, the Very Rev Hunter Farquharson, who breeds and shows birds as a hobby, returned to his cottage in Abernethy, Perthshire, to find his prize-winning goose Beatrice dead, and a white-tailed sea eagle perched on a fence post nearby.

Yesterday the SGA called for a public inquiry into the impact of the reintroduction of the birds in parts of Scotland.

In a letter to the Scottish government, it warned that the attack on Mr Farquharson, could be the first of many and asked for the creation of an “exit strategy” should the sea eagles turn out to have an adverse effect on social, economic or leisure activities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...-children.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Reply from an expert....Saying story was alarmist after seeing this vid I'd
    watch my todlers like a hawk !! parden the pun !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Masala Skeptic·Skepticism·13 Comments· September 12th, 2011

Guest Post: Birdchick – Are sea eagles coming after your children?

Can white-tailed sea eagles reintroduced into Britain attack people or carry away small children? We asked Sharon Stiteler, also known as Birdchick, to give us her perspective!

The Telegraph reported this week on a warning from the Scottish Gamekeepers Association that reintroduced White-tailed Sea Eagles could become so habitualized to humans they could attack people and children could be in danger. They even want the government to come up with an exit strategy in case the eagles need to be removed.

My opinion? To quote Colonel Potter from the M*A*S*H* TV series, “Horse Hockey.” The Royal Society For The Protection Of Birds also released a similar statement calling this is a bunch of alarmist nonsense.

Read More......

http://skepchick.org/2011/09/guest-p...your-children/
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 19th December 2012 at 19:29.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

noxon medem (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

20. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Snowy owl, you should change your name for snow eagle...

You are right, this is a hoax, I cannot believe how good the video is, if it is that good, anything could make it on our minds, we are easy to manipulate

Quote Students at Montreal's 3D technology school, Centre NAD, have come forward to claim responsibility for a viral video that appears to show an eagle snatching a toddler in a Montreal park.

The video "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid in Montreal" seems to show exactly that. A large bird appears to swoop down from the sky above Mont Royal Park and pick up the child in its talons. The bird travels several metres before dropping the toddler and flying away.

The camera then zooms in on the child, who is crying but seems to be uninjured.

A statement released today said that students Normand Archambault, Loďc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin created the video as a project for their 3D animation and digital design class.

Centre NAD's production simulation workshop has garnered attention for other hoax videos in the past, including one of a penguin appearing to escape from the Montreal Biodôme.

David Bird, a McGill University professor of wildlife biology, had said earlier that he doubted the video's authenticity.
    David Bird, a wildlife biology professor at McGill University in Montreal, said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child. (YouTube)
    Bird said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child.

"The public has nothing to fear from bald eagles in that regard of picking up their babies, and for that matter, even their pets."

Several people in online communities had guessed that the video was a hoax created using computer-generated images.

This is the second time in the past few days the public was fooled by a Montreal-based hoax.

Last week, CBC's satirical radio show This is That tricked Canadians with a fictitious story about a proposed bylaw requiring dogs to be trained to understand commands in French and English
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...ral-video.html

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Lazlo (19th December 2012), sandy (19th December 2012), WhiteFeather (20th December 2012)

22. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Hey folks,

Well, apparently, it´s a hoax:

"The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loďc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.

The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.

The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme."

Source: http://blogue.centrenad.com/2012/12/...eagle/?lang=en

If it´s not a hoax, they came up with this excuse to avoid alarming people about this issue, which is quite possible.

Anyway, if it´s indeed a hoax, these guys are really Pros! I´ve analyzed the video several times and couldn´t find signs of CGI work.

Really, I still can´t believe it´s CGI...The eagle looks perfect, the shadows look perfect, everything looks perfect.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 19th December 2012 at 19:51.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), bennycog (20th December 2012), Cidersomerset (20th December 2012), DeDukshyn (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), noxon medem (19th December 2012), Selene (21st December 2012)

24. Link to Post #34
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Ah, dont know if thats a pity or not, its a good video nevertheless, please start feeding squirrels again.

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey folks,

Well, apparently, it´s a hoax:

"The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loďc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.

The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.

The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme."

Source: http://blogue.centrenad.com/2012/12/...eagle/?lang=en

If it´s not a hoax, they came up with this excuse to avoid alarming people about this issue, which is quite possible.

Anyway, if it´s indeed a hoax, these guys are really Pros! I´ve analyzed the video several times and couldn´t find signs of CGI work.

Really, I still can´t believe it´s CGI...The eagle looks perfect, the shadows look perfect, everything looks perfect.

Cheers,

Raf.
    I've tried to find out more information on "Royal Eagle" and i coming up blank; anyone have info on this species of raptor?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

RMorgan (19th December 2012)

27. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

As far as i can tell no such bird as "Royal Eagle" exists?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Canadian design school admits eagle plucking baby from park was an 'animation'

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1223441

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

31. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)

Peace
    Man, I know these folks "admitted" it was a hoax, but I´m still having a hard time believing it´s CGI.

I´d really like to watch a "making-of" kind of video, so I can understand their techniques, which are above the level of lots of Hollywood movies.

Raf.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

13th Warrior (19th December 2012), 778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), DeDukshyn (19th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), noxon medem (19th December 2012)

33. Link to Post #39
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)

Peace
    Man, I know these folks "admitted" it was a hoax, but I´m still having a hard time believing it´s CGI.

I´d really like to watch a "making-of" kind of video, so I can understand their techniques, which are above the level of lots of Hollywood movies.

Raf.
    Its even a bit scary Raf, only god knows whats in the making by governments who are decades ahead technologywise, very creative, very scary.

I think i like the eagle even better now.

34. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

-

Seems like this is solved , somehow,
    now, as being a staged reproduction .
    Very well done. ( A+ on that task :- )

Here is a perspective from norwegian media:
    http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.10847515
    And a silly translation through google (thanks! anyway)
    (http://translate.google.com/translat...g%2F1.10847515)

A scolar says it is not a Golden Eagle
    but a Kaiser Eagle (Imperior Juvenile)
    a young one, that can not carry the
    wheight of that baby, and also do not
    exist in the wild in that area, unless it
    is imported and have escaped.

some sources ( mostly norwegian)
    http://www.ordsiden.no/ordbok.php?ordbok=Keiser%C3%B8rn
    http://snl.no/keiser%C3%B8rn

- They normaly (naturaly) only
    reside in southeast europe and Asia ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Imperial_Eagle
    http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kejser%C3%B8rn
    ( danish wikilink, language close to norwegian )

Some people train with these birds
    many as a sport, and the professor
    suggest that this is rigged footage
    with a young "Keiser"Eagle lifting a doll
    dressed up as the baby, but being of
    less weight than a 5 pound real baby.

That baby is featured in other parts of
    the video footage, with parent in the park,
    and then the two segments are merged in edit.

Name:  Impereal Eagle image.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  85.8 KB

Who knows. Any video or image evidence
    is very difficult to trust these days, without
    substantial credible references and witnesses.
    As close to see it with your own eyes
    like it is possible to come, or reach ..

Speaking as a filmmaker I must say
    it is very convenient with the images
    where the camera points to the ground
    and the green grass as the photographer
    runs towards the "drama"
    Very easy to make jump-cuts in time there
    and still make it seem realtime, or uncut .

Thanks for some videowork inspiration,
    and a puzzle. ( we love it ..).

Be well.

nm
    Last edited by noxon medem; 19th December 2012 at 21:31.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

bennycog (20th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast