Thread: Michelle Wolf Is A Beast

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,312 times in 5,692 posts

Default Michelle Wolf Is A Beast

(No pun intended)

Wow. Jaw is on the floor.

This woman absolutely killed at the White House correspondents dinner. Killed. (I think this happened about a month or so ago, but this is the first I've seen or heard of it)

It was a gutsy, brutal set; she simply annihilated everyone is the most funny, caustic, savage way possible. She just eviscerated the room.

There have been some pretty controversial acts during this event, but she blows them all away.

Wow. Michelle Wolf is amazing!

warning: do not watch if you are easily offended

Last edited by Mike; 1st June 2018 at 05:03.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

anandacate (1st June 2018), Baby Steps (1st June 2018), Bill Ryan (1st June 2018), Bruno (1st June 2018), Cipher (2nd June 2018), Debra (1st June 2018), Dennis Leahy (1st June 2018), dynamo (2nd June 2018), Innocent Warrior (2nd June 2018), Ivanhoe (1st June 2018), Jantje (1st June 2018), Jayke (1st June 2018), Jean-Marie (1st June 2018), justntime2learn (6th June 2018), Mark (1st June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), Michelle Marie (1st June 2018), Praxis (1st June 2018), ramus (1st June 2018), SR19 (2nd June 2018), Tinman (1st June 2018), Universoul (4th June 2018), william r sanford72 (1st June 2018), Wind (1st June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Default Re: Michelle Wolf Is A Beast

Amazing? This particular example of Wolf's "comedic talent" (deliberate sarcasm) at the White House correspondents dinner also started the biggest Twitter boycott of Netflix ever (link below- you'll have to scroll down to the date of her "performance" to see that... if those tweets are still there, that is...) , only furthered by the upcoming "Obama's" TV Show

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23boycottNetflix

Hmmmmm, as far as comedic taste goes, "whatever parts your hair..." I guess...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michelle Wolf Potty Mouth.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	475.7 KB
ID:	38006

(BTW, Wolf's "performance" drew so much outrage that it has "ended" the White House correspondents dinner without some "serious reforms" ... just sayin')

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/38...-without-major
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 1st June 2018 at 07:29.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Love this

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Ivanhoe (1st June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018), toppy (1st June 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    Amazing? This particular example of Wolf's "comedic talent" (deliberate sarcasm) at the White House correspondents dinner also started the biggest Twitter boycott of Netflix ever (link below- you'll have to scroll down to the date of her "performance" to see that... if those tweets are still there, that is...) , only furthered by the upcoming "Obama's" TV Show

Attachment 38006

(BTW, Wolf's "performance" drew so much outrage that it has "ended" the White House correspondents dinner without some "serious reforms" ... just sayin')

Well, reading this post just made me admire her even more

In this day and age, if you're "outraging" a large group of people, that generally means you're doing something worthwhile.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bruno (4th June 2018), Caliban (1st June 2018), Cipher (2nd June 2018), Innocent Warrior (2nd June 2018), Jantje (1st June 2018), justntime2learn (6th June 2018), Mark (1st June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), Praxis (1st June 2018), toppy (1st June 2018), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018), Wansen (1st June 2018), Wind (1st June 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

That was pretty good though nowhere near an effective demolition job as Trump did on Hilary Clinton at the Al Smith dinner.

Last edited by happyuk; 1st June 2018 at 13:41.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

airaspect (2nd June 2018), angelfire (2nd June 2018), Domp4547 (2nd June 2018), justntime2learn (6th June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st June 2018), Matt P (1st June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018), TargeT (1st June 2018), yiolas (4th June 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Yeah Trump wasn't too bad! He was funny in spots, for sure. Pretty good timing too.

To be clear, I didn't post this video as an anti Trump thing. If Wolf had gone after Obama in the same way, for example, I would have posted that too. I wasn't trying to make a political statement. I just thought she was so good that I had to post it.

One thing to keep in mind is, however vulgar and profane she may appear, Washington is 1000x worse. If youre not watching her with an awareness of that, you're going to miss the entire point of her performance.

The world of politics is so superficial, hypocritical, and carefully constructed...and what is more symbolic of that than the white house correspondents dinner? How appropriate then, that this comic would go in there and blow it all to bits?

What better way to expose misogyny, racism, pedophilia, sexism, and endless lying than with your foot pressed all the way on the pedal? It's not always an easy set to watch, but for the most part I found that my discomfort was an indication that Wolf was exposing awkward truths.

She went a joke or 2 too far with Sarah Huckabee I think. I felt a little bad for her. She made fun of Chris Christie's weight, which was sort of low hanging fruit. But other than that, I think it was a faultless performance.
    Last edited by Mike; 2nd June 2018 at 04:44.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Apulu (3rd June 2018), Bruno (4th June 2018), Ivanhoe (2nd June 2018), justntime2learn (6th June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Isn't it curious that it's the female who is leading the parade in shaping the culture to acclimate to the vicious, vulgar, disrespectful and disparaging.

Our young are acclimating to this. The competitive bar that they will aspire to will be who will be more vulgar and vicious.
    I have no problem seeing more and more infants raised in centers by people who are paid to do so and older people encouraged to off themselves once they are no longer as independent or run out of money.
    The wolfs and bees and griffins are the kind of people that will guarandamntee it...

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

bluestflame (2nd June 2018), DNA (1st June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), littleOne (2nd June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), Michelle Marie (7th June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018), TargeT (1st June 2018), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018), wondering (1st June 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Isn't it curious that it's the female who is leading the parade in shaping the culture to acclimate to the vicious, vulgar, disrespectful and disparaging.

Our young are acclimating to this. The competitive bar that they will aspire to will be who will be more vulgar and vicious.
    I have no problem seeing more and more infants raised in centers by people who are paid to do so and older people encouraged to off themselves once they are no longer as independent or run out of money.
    The wolfs and bees and griffins are the kind of people that will guarandamntee it...

Would you rather young girls follow Kim Kardashian instead?

I think you're missing the point, with respect.

Wolf is taking aim at things we all detest, like racist, sexism, pedophilia, political/media mendacity. She's not doing it lightly - she is destroying it. If it takes a few swear words and some naughty jokes to do it, then so be it.

Political and media corruption hides behind propriety and subsequent notions of "outrage". If you play the game on that level, on their level,you'll never get anywhere. By approaching her act in the way she did, she was announcing to the room - and the world - that she wasn't going to let anyone or anything hide behind that type of artifice. And to do that effectively, one has to be devastatingly blunt.

Here we have a female comic in a predominantly male role(I can't name too many female comics, can you?)...at a dinner representing institutions that are primarily ruled by men(politics and media), totally outnumbered and out gunned, standing up there and exposing all their sh!t in the most brave, courageous, and brutally honest way. If that's not an advert for female empowerment, i don't know what is!

If you just don't think she's funny, that's one thing...but if we fall into this game of being offended and so on, we're just falling for the trap. She's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and fair enough! I get that. But if you don't view the whole thing in it's proper context, you will be missing the point entirely
    Last edited by Mike; 1st June 2018 at 16:09.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bruno (4th June 2018), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

no offense. I'm becoming immune if anything.
    I feel i'm calling something exactly what it is and you're going down too deep a rationalizing rabbit hole.
    hey, if u like her you like her.
    to each their own
    Last edited by Mike; 1st June 2018 at 16:12.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

bluestflame (2nd June 2018), DNA (1st June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018), TargeT (1st June 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    That was pretty good though nowhere near an effective demolition job as Trump did on Hilary Clinton at the Al Smith dinner.

I love the subtle humor and references... Forgot about this dinner.... it's hilarious in light of what is going on with Q now also... h aha

especially the "pardon me" bit
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bruno (4th June 2018), happyuk (3rd June 2018), Helene West (1st June 2018), justntime2learn (6th June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd June 2018), meeradas (1st June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I feel i'm calling something exactly what it is and you're going down too deep a rationalizing rabbit hole.
    to each their own

right, and i find youre not going deep enough

agree to disagree then

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Helene West (1st June 2018)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    to each their own

right, and i find youre not going deep enough

agree to disagree then
    agreed. too jealous of my energy to give it away to the bees and the wolves!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Mike (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018)

24. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

I have no problem with her humor as long as she keeps to issues and not people. Her vile words aimed at Sarah Sanders were way disgusting. Showing a total lack of ethics. Not funny at all! Keep it impersonal. "A joke or 2 too far" is whitewashing her disgusting behavior. No different than Samantha Bee's vile remarks on Ivanka.

Our culture is surely going down the drain when we accept such disrespectful personal attacks. Ugh.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

airaspect (2nd June 2018), bluestflame (2nd June 2018), ceetee9 (4th June 2018), DNA (1st June 2018), Helene West (2nd June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018), silverchimes (4th June 2018)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by enigma3 (here)
    I have no problem with her humor as long as she keeps to issues and not people. Her vile words aimed at Sarah Sanders were way disgusting. Showing a total lack of ethics. Not funny at all! Keep it impersonal. "A joke or 2 too far" is whitewashing her disgusting behavior. No different than Samantha Bee's vile remarks on Ivanka.

Our culture is surely going down the drain when we accept such disrespectful personal attacks. Ugh.

Which part of her stuff on Sarah Huckabee did you find so vile?

Accepting any kind of verbal barb is exactly what we have to do, if we want to live in a truly free society. Just like you're free to ignore it, walk out of the room, turn off your tv, or whatever

What's the option? Censorship? Legislating language?

Threatening language is another matter. I would say that could be more accurately described as "vile".

But comparing someone to Aunt Liddie from 'A Handmaids's Tale' is a mere joke. It's a barb, yes, but hardly cruel or vile.
    Last edited by Mike; 1st June 2018 at 19:26.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bruno (4th June 2018), Hazelfern (6th June 2018)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,738 times in 4,314 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)

Attachment 38006

Well, reading this post just made me admire her even more

In this day and age, if you're "outraging" a large group of people, that generally means you're doing something worthwhile.

I've got to go with Kiwi and Helene on this one.

This is a day and age where Rosanne gets her TV show cancelled for making a George Soros reference yet the left can blast Donald Trump non-stop.
    Moby came out and admitted the CIA asked him to tweet negative comments about Trump and Russia a few months ago.
    How many Hollywood types have been approached in this manner and don't admit it?
    I know you have gone down the Cathy O'Brien rabbit hole, she pretty much lets us know how the CIA is being used.

This is furthered by the Sue Arrigo reference page here on Avalon.

Sue Arrigo came out in 06' or 07' and her work was simply so outlandish no one took it seriously.

Sue points to the CIA engaged in human trafficking almost entirely having to do with pedophilia.

This sounded nucking futs back in 07' but recently we have been exposed to the wikileaks docs especially in connection with John Podesta.

The deep state controls Hollywood, and most of the media, while continuing in the most heinous crimes imaginable.

Trump is right now the only individual who has stepped into a position of power to combat this.

The things Trump fights are not laughing matters.

None of this is a laughing matter.

I will not in anyway support any of these a$$holes who disparage Trump so they can lick the boots of their CIA masters and get a pat on the head.

If you expose yourself to what is really going on you will see none of this is a laughing matter and I'm inclined to think you would choose a side.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

airaspect (2nd June 2018), angelfire (2nd June 2018), ceetee9 (4th June 2018), enigma3 (2nd June 2018), happyuk (3rd June 2018), Helene West (2nd June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd June 2018), Matthew (1st June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018), silverchimes (4th June 2018)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Hey Marcus (and everyone) , guys this isn't really a thread about Trump, pro or con. Please don't take it personally or too seriously. If you all insist, we can do a little bit of Trump talk.. but honestly I was just excited about this comedian i never knew anything about until yesterday, and thought a few of you might like her too.

Pretend the person getting roasted is Obama if you have to (Speaking of which, did you see Larry Wilmore's roasting of Obama in 2016? Ouch. That was pretty brutal too. But damn entertaining)

Michelle Wolf's act was about 19 mins long, and maybe 5 mins of it is about Trump, specifically. She takes aim at everyone and everything, lefties included (and btw, roasting the president is the whole point of her presence there)

Marcus, saying Wolf is CIA is no more meaningful than saying everyone is CIA. Sure, it might be true, but Corey Goode might be earth's ambassador to the extraterrestrials too. It's reckless and unproductive to just throw that out there. Granted, nothing the CIA has done, or might do, really surprises me...but that can't be your default argument to anyone who criticizes Trump (well, it can be, but it won't really mean anything without any kind of evidence)

If you do have some evidence, I'd be happy to hear you out. I really would. And I'd reconsider my feelings about Wolf and the performance.
    Last edited by Mike; 1st June 2018 at 21:48.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bruno (4th June 2018), DNA (1st June 2018), Innocent Warrior (2nd June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd June 2018)

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Marcus, saying Wolf is CIA is no more meaningful than saying everyone is CIA. Sure, it might be true, but Corey Goode might be earth's ambassador to the extraterrestrials too. It's reckless and unproductive to just throw that out there.

Blue is certainly a good color for your name to be in as you most certainly have chosen the blue pill.

I kind of envy you, there are times I wish I would have done the same.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Helene West (2nd June 2018), Mike (1st June 2018)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Marcus, saying Wolf is CIA is no more meaningful than saying everyone is CIA. Sure, it might be true, but Corey Goode might be earth's ambassador to the extraterrestrials too. It's reckless and unproductive to just throw that out there.

Blue is certainly a good color for your name to be in as you most certainly have chosen the blue pill.

The CIA did horrifying things to Cathy O'Brien; they also tried to get Moby to tweet negative things about Trump......therefore Michelle Wolf is a CIA agent.

Whew. That's some argument there dude.

The only pill that might make that make any sense is acid. Maybe .

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bruno (4th June 2018), DNA (1st June 2018)

37. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

The CIA did horrifying things to Cathy O'Brien; they also tried to get Moby to tweet negative things about Trump......therefore Michelle Wolf is a CIA agent.
    Whew. That's some argument there dude.
    The only pill that might make that make any sense is acid. Maybe .
    Hollywood's mechanism itself expels all who do not espouse CIA propaganda.
    This includes comedians.
    Look at Tim Allan and Roseanne, both shows had some of the top ratings at their respective networks, but both were some of the last Trump supporters in Hollywood and had to go. You don't see a coincidence there? You don't find it odd that there are absolutely no Trump supporters in Hollywood? You don't think there is an agenda here?
    I tried to explain the deal with Soros using the gay and transgender community to attack and confuse communities especially how this is forced on the schools.
    All you could do was tell me how insensitive I was because you had a gay niece.

My response was I don't care if you have a gay niece, this propaganda needs to be shown for what it is.
    Then comes Jordan Peterson and you begin to see the light, if only a little bit.
    Why? Because Jordan Peterson focuses on the results instead of the source. You are still living in a world where it's democrats versus republicans and this is just not the case. The truth is, this is a world where CIA selected political figures and media figures are fighting those who are not puppets, this is plain and simple.
    You do not have to be a knowing puppet if you simply do what will forward your career in Hollywood, but you are still a puppet.

The last great comedian who was willing to tackle the obvious dishonesty in Government was Bill Hicks.
    Why is that? And why did Bill Hicks die at such a young age?
    Why has no one taken up his sword and shield and continued his fight? Answer, because if they did their careers would go absolutely no where if not worse.

Does Michelle Wolf have to know the agenda if she is eagerly looking to please her masters so she gets her fifteen minutes of fame?
    Is she any less of an asset if she acts and parades as someone who does know the agenda? People are shallow pathetic beings willing to sell out for the most trivial of reasons, and in this day and age there is no better dog biscuit than fame.
    Wolf Wolf
    Last edited by DNA; 1st June 2018 at 23:11.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

angelfire (2nd June 2018), Ben (4th June 2018), ceetee9 (4th June 2018), Helene West (2nd June 2018), Hym (7th June 2018), KiwiElf (6th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd June 2018), Mike (2nd June 2018), NancyV (3rd June 2018), onawah (7th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast