+ Reply to Thread
Page 1342 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 342 842 1242 1292 1332 1342 1352 1392 1442 1822 LastLast
Results 26,821 to 26,840 of 36440

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #26821
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Astrum

The Atlas Of Peculiar Galaxies

Published 30th March 2019

Meet the galaxies that laugh in the face of order, Those of the Arp catalogue...

Related musical interlude

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (30th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #26822
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

World Science Festival

Janet Conrad, Andrea Pocar & Lindley Windslow | Neutrinos, Matter & Antimatter : The Ying-Yang Of The Big Bang

What happened to all the universes antimatter? Can a particle be it's own particle? How do you build an experiment to find out? In this presentation, particle physicists reveal their hunt for a neutrino event so rare, it happens to a single atom once every 10,000 000 000 000 000 000 000 years far longer than the current age of the universe. If they find it, it could explain no less than the existance of our matter filled universe.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

5. Link to Post #26823
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Astronomy Cast

Episode 522 & 523 | Judging Age & Origins - Across The Solar System

Streamed & Published 15th & 22nd March 2019

People always want to know how old everything is. And more specifically, they want to know how we know how old everything is. Well, here at Astronomy Cast, it's our job to tell you now only what we know, but how we know what we know. And today we'll begin a series on how we know how old everything is.

Today we push our aging curiosity out into the Solar System to ask that simple question: how old is it and how do we know? What techniques do astronomers use to age various objects and regions in the Solar System?

Episode 524 | Judging Age & Origins - Beyond Our Solar System

Streamed & Published 29th March 2019

We have learned how to figure out ages of objects in our solar system, but now we push out deeper in the universe. What about the stars? the galaxies? the universe itself? how old is it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #26824
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 29th March 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #26825
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

Space News | NASA Wants To Send Humans Back To The Moon In Five Years

Published 29th March 2019

Welcome to our weekly Space News program from TMRO. There was a lot of exciting stuff happening in the cosmos this week, Ben & friends round it all up with a space weather report from Dr Tamitha Skov included.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26826
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 190

Broadcast & Published 30th March 2019

Mr Wigington rounds up the news pertinent to the multiple dire threats to the web of life.

Supporting Link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...h-30-2019-190/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (31st March 2019)

13. Link to Post #26827
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 29th & 30th March 2019

¤=[Post Update]=¤

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Savannah (31st March 2019), william r sanford72 (31st March 2019)

15. Link to Post #26828
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Russia Today

"Hot Saturn" Exoplanet Sixty Times Bigger Than Earth Discovered

Meet TOI-197.0, An exoplanet with a fourteen day week & weighing in @ sixty times the mass of Earth.

Read all about it here: https://www.rt.com/news/455146-satur...xoplanet-tess/ & http://phys.au.dk/song/press/press-r...ish-toi-19701/
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 30th March 2019 at 20:04.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #26829
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Open Minds Productions

Dr Kevin Knuth | UFOs, Science & Relativistic Interstellar Travel

Streamed & Published 28th February 2019

First up is Martin Willis with your UFO news & views then Alejandro is joined by a physics professor @ Albany University, Dr Kevin Knuth as he shares his theory of advanced civilizations & interstellar travel, talks about his presentation @ the Scientific Coalition for UFOlogy & He shares his opinion on how the scientific community views UFOlogy...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (1st April 2019)

19. Link to Post #26830
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Gigi Young

Is Everybody A Starseed? Sirius

In this Q& A Gigi answers your starseed themed questions...

&

ET Guides Vs Spirit Guides

Published 23rd March 2019

In this Q& A Gigi explains how to tell the difference between spiritual guides & cosmical guides...

Read all about it here: https://gigiyoung.com/cosmic-guides-...hifting-focus/

20. Link to Post #26831
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Project Blue Book Explained | UFOs Over DC : The Forgotten Crisis

Streamed & Published 30th March 2019

Richard on the background case of episode ten of the History channel's Project Blue Book serires. This time the subject matter is the UFO incident over Washington DC back in the summer of 52.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

22. Link to Post #26832
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ECETI Stargate

As You Wish Talk Radio

Barry Littleton | 4th Of July Conference @ ECETI Ranch

Recorded & Published 30th March 2019

Barry was born somewhat awake with fragmented past life memories, and began having paranormal experiences at a very young age. These experiences included telepathic awareness, sometimes seeing or feeling Ghosts, and various Inorganic Beings. Some of these encounters, and the entities themselves had a distinct extraterrestrial origin. These unusual encounters led Barry to do a lifetime of research, and exploration into both the metaphysical, and paranormal fields.
    Barry had an education majoring in Psychology, Sociology, & Ethnic Studies, from Wichita State University. For the last 22 years I’ve worked with At Risk Youth, & Juvenile Offenders, through utilizing the cognitive behavioral approach.
    In 2010 Barry had a near terminal car accident resulting in sustaining 4 Catastrophic Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), along with a very definite Near Death Experience (NDE). This event was life changing; it was predicted that his condition would remain in a near vegetable state. It was cognitively surviving this catastrophic event that spurred him to come forward about contact, and paranormal experiences.
    His hope was to help unite Extraterrestrial Contactees with similar encounters, interests, and to cross the racial color barrier that seems to exist within the field. Since coming forward I have had the pleasure of meeting awakened people from across the globe, which has been an amazing experience!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Blacklight43 (2nd April 2019), william r sanford72 (31st March 2019)

24. Link to Post #26833
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 31st March 2019 | Amazing Moons, Current Sheet Crossings

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

26. Link to Post #26834
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

San Francisco Amateur Astronomers

Franck Marchis, Ph.D. | Another Pale Blue Dot : Inside The Search For Exoplanets

Recorded 20th March & Published 27th March 2019

Dr. Franck Marchis is a Senior Scientist and Exoplanet Research Thrust Chair at the SETI Institute and Chief Scientific Officer at Unistellar. Marchis earned his PhD in Astrophysics at the Université Paul Sabatier, France, in 2000. He is a planetary astronomer with 22 years of experience in academic, international and non-profit scientific institutions and has conducted multiple research projects in a wide range of areas. He is best known for his discovery and characterization of multiple asteroids, his study of Io volcanism and imaging of exoplanets, planets around other stars. In April 2007, the asteroid numbered 1989SO8 was named “(6639) Marchis” in honor of his work in the field of multiple asteroids.

Dr. Marchis presents Another Pale Blue Dot:Inside the SETI Institute’s Search for Exoplanets, a talk on the search for planets beyond our solar system –referred to as exoplanets. In only two decades, scientists have gone from the mere speculation about exoplanets to being able to observe them through a variety of methods. Dr. Marchis will discuss new and sophisticated projects designed to provide images of these exoplanets. Future instruments could soon deliver an image of a cousin of Earth, or another Pale Blue Dot, a planet similar to our own. The talk will be followed by a demonstration of the Unistellar eVscope, an innovative robotic telescope developed in partnership with the SETI Institute.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

28. Link to Post #26835
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Forum Borealis

Gordon White | Stars, Magic, & Music - A New Model Of Prehistory

Published 25th December & 23rd March 2019

Rune Soup host, filmmaker, & author Gordon White drops by to argue his original yet ageless take on our prehistory. Some topics examined in part 1: How was ancient mind different? What are the main approaches to Genesis & how do they differ? Why is consciousness crucial to History & Mythology? What errors in Empiricism, Uniformitarianism, & Alternative palæontology? What are the 3 socio-cultural ages of man? Ancient Magic vs Exotic Science? What's the truth about Antediluvian mankind? What did Dr. Witzel discover? Is the Civilizing Trickster our oldest deity? Why's Neanderthal Man slandered? & was Gordon a weird child?

Gordon walks us through further mysteries of the distant past, among other matters: What's Pangaea, Gondwana, & Laurasia? What's the oldest inherited myths? Why Starships & Starlore? What's the oldest archetypes? What do sites like Göbekli Tepe & Çatalhöyük prove? How was magic, music, stones, & stars bound together? What of ancient high technology? What, where, & when was Atlantis? What of evidence for extreme ancient humanity? Can man metaphysically reconnect with lost civilizations? What of the ancient Cosmic War? ...and learn about Thor Heyderdahls last project.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Al Borealis (5th May 2019), william r sanford72 (31st March 2019)

30. Link to Post #26836
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,609 times in 20,703 posts

Experts Say an Intelligent Race Built Structures on Mars
    COAST TO COAST AM OFFICIAL
    Published on Apr 1, 2019
    "Both Saunders and Haas agree that Mars was once inhabited by an intelligent race who built these structures, but that at some time in the distant past, the planet underwent some catastrophe that left it devoid of life. Saunders remarked that their research fits "a scenario of something in the last 20,000 years" and referred to other writers and researchers who have proposed just such ideas. Haas and Saunders are currently researching other parts of Mars that appear to have remains of artificial structures, including an area of the famous Cydonia region that seems to have "interesting and intricate pictographs of animals" according to Saunders. In response to a caller from Las Vegas, Haas remarked on the "very artificial" look of many features photographed by the Mars rovers.

Featured guests also include: John DeSouza, William R. Saunders
    News segment guests: Howard Bloom / Steve Kates
    To learn more about featured guest speakers on this show please visit https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/01/16 "

The Thunderbolts Project

Space News | Eugene Bagashov : Mars Mysteries Reopened

Published 22nd March 2019

Of all the planets in the inner solar system, the planet Mars may pose the most tantalizing mysteries. Since the early 1970’s, when the Mariner 9 spacecraft captured the most detailed images of the planet to that time, scientists' ideas about Mars have needed constant revision. For decades, the chief principles of the Thunderbolts Project have proposed that extraordinary events shaped the surface of Mars, events which they contend were recorded in the myths and legends of ancient man. In part one of this two-part presentation, physicist Eugene Bagashov reopens the Martian mysteries, as we explore the scientific data holding the greatest clues to these ongoing puzzles.

Space News | Eugene Bagashov : Martian Geology, Past & Present

Published 27th March 2019

In part one of this presentation, physicist Eugene Bagashov began his examination of some of the enduring geological mysteries on Mars. Of course, geologists examining the surface of Mars project familiar earthly processes onto the Red Planet — they imagine volcanic eruptions, flowing water and impacts from space as dominant forces shaping the Martian landscape. But countless Martian features defy these explanations. We have proposed that another process, high energy electrical discharge, may have produced some of the dramatic features on Mars — a hypothesis with a growing body of experimental support. In this conclusion, Eugene summarizes some of the most compelling evidence for electrical scarring on Mars and elsewhere in the solar system, including our own planet.

(This one was probably posted before, but here it is again, to gather up some of the interesting, more recent shows about Mars in one post: )

"Physicist Discovers Something on Mars Surface That Should NOT Be There! GAIA TV
    COAST TO COAST AM OFFICIAL
    Premiered Jan 15, 2019
    "The research of John Brandenburg suggests that Mars was once teeming with life, cut short by the detonation of two massive nuclear weapons - http://bit.ly/TheUnexplainedAwaits

As a nuclear scientist, he is keenly aware of the effects of nuclear explosions and has discovered such tell-tale signs on Mars.
    As the eons have passed and the radiation dispersed, the red planet is once again safe for habitation. He suggests that the greatest memorial we can erect for the lost Martian civilizations is to resurrect the biosphere and bring life back to Mars."
    Last edited by onawah; 2nd April 2019 at 23:16.
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Star Tsar (3rd April 2019), william r sanford72 (3rd April 2019)

32. Link to Post #26837
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Well done Wide-Awake One you reminded me to post this!

NASA JPL

Abigail Fraeman & Elizabeth Barrett | Red Planet Rovers & Insights

Published 27th March 2019

Get the scoop on the latest missions at Mars. This lecture will bring you up to speed on all things Mars, including: The biggest dust storm in a decade, rolling (and drilling) on "Rubin Ridge," a new rover under construction, and a recent arrival on Mars preparing to get down to business.

Explore Rubin Ridge, Mars...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

onawah (3rd April 2019), william r sanford72 (3rd April 2019)

34. Link to Post #26838
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

Jim Bridenstine Testifies On Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Request

Published 2nd April 2019

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine responded to questions at a Congressional hearing about the agency's FY2020 budget request. With the past week's space news may very well be interesting...

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd April 2019 at 04:39.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (3rd April 2019)

36. Link to Post #26839
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

Why Our Solar System Is Weirder Than You'd Think

Published 2nd April 2019

Research suggests that nearly every star has at least one planet, but we haven't found any other solar systems that look quite like ours.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

38. Link to Post #26840
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA JPL

What’s Up | April 2019

Published 2nd April 2019

What can you see in the April sky? The Moon visits Mars in the evening, and later joins Saturn and Jupiter for a spot of tea. Also, how to find Polaris, the North Star.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1342 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 342 842 1242 1292 1332 1342 1352 1392 1442 1822 LastLast