+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cumadin, an anti-clotting blood thinner. Needed--a natural alternative?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Default Cumadin, an anti-clotting blood thinner. Needed--a natural alternative?

Is it possible to safely get off Cumadin (Warfarin) in favor of an alternative health remedy?
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Agape (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015), Gaia (9th June 2015), sigma6 (10th June 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Default Re: Cumadin, an anti-clotting blood thinner. Needed--a natural alternative?

CASSIA... is very high in Cumarin, the stuff they make Cumadin from. Where can you find Cassia?? You might ask. chuckle, chuckle.

McCormick puts their Cassia, "Cinnamon", in those pretty red and white cans for us, that we can find in our local grocery store!!

However, as an occasional xcondiment as folks use McCormicks Cinnamon, it'
    s okey, but takem in Healthfull quantity, it can quickly become so TOXIC as to make yourself "Anemic". yep.

True Cinnamon on the other hand is jam packed with ten times the good nutrition for our body and isn't high in Cumarin, like Cassia.

True Cinnamon, Zeylanicum, or Verum, as they call it now, is the one that is good for us. The only place I have found Cinnamon "Verum", is at my local health Food store and the order it from Sri Lanka. $16/pound, but that lasts me about a year, which turns out much cheaper than those pretty red and white cans. ccc.

I found all this health stuf through doing my own research on MY computer. You can do the very same with your computer. If you don't have the time to do that for yourself... then you ain't serious about your health.

"I"... fixed ME. YOU can fix YOU... or... find yoirself a good "Naturopathic Doctor"... and let Him/Her fix you.

I fired my Dr. He said if I didn't tale his medicine that I would be dead in two years... that was ten years ago... I ain't dead by a long shot. I did it by stuffing more good stuff, than bad stuff, down my throat. ccc. And I make sure that I tell myself every day that... I AM FINE... ccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015), Gaia (9th June 2015), moekatz (9th June 2015), phillipbbg (10th June 2015), Rocky_Shorz (9th June 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Default Re: Cumadin, an anti-clotting blood thinner. Needed--a natural alternative?

Ps: Oh yea, cured my own Diabetes and prostate cancer...

We can do anything we wish... for our self.... if we only will... it's OUR choice.

However... if you ain't up to the task of "Fixin" yourself... firing yer Dr. ain't a good thing. cccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), grannyfranny100 (9th June 2015), Meggings (9th June 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Listen to this interview. In it he talks about thick blood, coumarin and how to get your blood thinner in healthy ways.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ng-effect.aspx

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 times in 876 posts

Why are you on Cumadin?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Turmeric is told to be very good , improving both vascular pressure and lowering heart count and it protect cells from changes and attacks from environment ,
    many plants evolved pigments in order to protect themselves from predators and environment .

Also these : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_jelly in ampoules usually are very supportive ,
    usually you can see the benefits in matters of days .

There is a blend of Ayurvedic herbs that is centuries tested and actually works very well too .

For your 'cumulative stress disorder' ..........

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015), Gaia (9th June 2015), Wind (9th June 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

yes it is there are naturally alternatives

this is not the place for this
    why because although I know a little of herbs I am not a expert
    there are people who are very good at this fully insured go to a herbalist ( I like Chinese )
    go to a doctor a good one

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015), Gaia (9th June 2015), grannyfranny100 (9th June 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jonsnow (here)

there are people who are very good at this fully insured go to a herbalist ( I like Chinese )

You can find plenty of inspiration here , to choose from, of course ..no one knows about you better than yourself,
    never trust your doctor more than you .

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015), Gaia (9th June 2015), Wind (9th June 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Vitamin K2 is a premier blood thinner. Found in nattokinase (sp?) and many other foods.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015), Gaia (9th June 2015), regnak (9th June 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    CASSIA... is very high in Cumarin, the stuff they make Cumadin from. Where can you find Cassia?? You might ask. chuckle, chuckle.

McCormick puts their Cassia, "Cinnamon", in those pretty red and white cans for us, that we can find in our local grocery store!!

s okey, but takem in Healthfull quantity, it can quickly become so TOXIC as to make yourself "Anemic". yep.

True Cinnamon on the other hand is jam packed with ten times the good nutrition for our body and isn't high in Cumarin, like Cassia.

True Cinnamon, Zeylanicum, or Verum, as they call it now, is the one that is good for us. The only place I have found Cinnamon "Verum", is at my local health Food store and the order it from Sri Lanka. $16/pound, but that lasts me about a year, which turns out much cheaper than those pretty red and white cans. ccc.

I found all this health stuf through doing my own research on MY computer. You can do the very same with your computer. If you don't have the time to do that for yourself... then you ain't serious about your health.

"I"... fixed ME. YOU can fix YOU... or... find yoirself a good "Naturopathic Doctor"... and let Him/Her fix you.

I fired my Dr. He said if I didn't tale his medicine that I would be dead in two years... that was ten years ago... I ain't dead by a long shot. I did it by stuffing more good stuff, than bad stuff, down my throat. ccc. And I make sure that I tell myself every day that... I AM FINE... ccc.
    a mixture of Cinnamon and honey creates a miracle cure for almost all ailments...

"Folk remedies have been around a long time for a very good reason-- they work!

Here is another for the folks: CINNAMON & HONEY

Honey is the only food on the planet that will not spoil or rot. It will do what some call turning to sugar. Never boil honey or put it in a microwave. To do so will kill the enzymes in the honey. Make sure your honey is untreated and unporcess and not heated. This will have the greatest benefit. Caution honey is a form of sugar so too much honey of any kind is not good for the body. But a little bit will help some of the following conditions.

And the Cinamon should be organic. Chinese medicine says it is warming and nourishing for the Kidneys.

Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists:

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University , it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses. To make it lukewarm, place it in a small jar and let it set in warm water for awhile.

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.

Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan , it is revealed that if Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.

INFLUENZA – FLU: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ' Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Take four spoons of honey, one spoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans also increase and even a 100 year old might start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.

WEIGHT LOSS: Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

SKIN INFECTIONS: Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.

CANCER: Research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.

BAD BREATH: People in South America first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts helps restore hearing.

CONCLUSION:
    It is good to take some sort of mixture of cinnamon and honey daily! � " link

Update:

"Since the initial posting of the Cinnamon and Honey article, it has become one of the most popular pieces on the whole website. Besides some of the great testimonials I have received about this simple healing formuala there are some additional consideratins that have been brought to my attention. Since I have had so many hits and some very important comments I decided to take these helpful suggestions and clarification in order to bring people more update and accurate information. First before you start taking this, please note that all Cinnamon is not the same. There are two types: Ceylon Cinnamon and Cassian Cinnamon. Cassian has much higher levels of a compound called Coumarin, which can be toxic to your liver in large prolong doses, please see specifications below. If you are taking Cinnamon daily you should take Ceylon Cinnamon which has low levels of Coumarin and won't damage your liver.

As far as honey, it is best to get raw never been heated honey. You can find some great products at your local health food store. But the big chain supermarkets honey have none of the nutritional value you can get with natural raw. But even rawhoney is very high in natural sugar and should be used in moderation. that is the key to this firmula and health in general. The best strategy is to take a rest of one week after six weeks of use to give your body a rest... and you can come back to the formula with renewed strenghth.

Here are some other update: where it says spoonful, it is most logical to use teaspoon sizes not table spoon.
    And it is best not to boil honey, it can lose it valueable enzymatic power. Where it says boil, it means pour boiling water over honey, it does not mean boil the honey/
    Do not boil, but it ok to pour boiling water over honey. I hope this

One additional confession: It is true that most of the original posting was mostly taken from a the Weekly World News, January 17 1995. But just because a lot of what is found in that paper can be considered confabulation, this particualr piece seemed to have merit and the honey and cinnamon combination as a natural rememdy can be found in many other places as a well proven remedy. - Alan Steinfeld of NewRealities" link

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

I had deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism last February 2014, I initially thought it was just a sprain because I had a fall on snowshoes in winter 2014. They gave me the first and coumadin several visits afterwards to stabilize the product ... at the end of June, I went to Xarelto . I lost a lot of my hair, I increase my weight and skin problems... Now I am given daily injections of Fragmin.

According to specialist here in Quebec: My clotting desorder was because of Celestone Soluspan I took while pregnant with my two childrens, now age 16 and 18 years ... I've been part of the first women they gave the product in Canada...(experimental) I receive 12 shots for each child) Now they gave it only once during pregancy at stage of 28 weeks!!

At that time in the 90s I want so bad that kids!! I love them so much! And dont regret it all!

I am in civil procedure and class actions in Canada both for Celestone and Xarelto.

Thank for posting this tread East Sun
    Last edited by Gaia; 9th June 2015 at 19:38.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015), Flashlight (23rd June 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Rocky_Shorz;968325]

a mixture of Cinnamon and honey creates a miracle cure for almost all ailments...

"Folk remedies have been around a long time for a very good reason-- they work!

Here is another for the folks: CINNAMON & HONEY

Honey is the only food on the planet that will not spoil or rot. It will do what some call turning to sugar. Never boil honey or put it in a microwave. To do so will kill the enzymes in the honey. Make sure your honey is untreated and unporcess and not heated. This will have the greatest benefit. Caution honey is a form of sugar so too much honey of any kind is not good for the body. But a little bit will help some of the following conditions.

And the Cinamon should be organic. Chinese medicine says it is warming and nourishing for the Kidneys.

Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists:

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University , it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses. To make it lukewarm, place it in a small jar and let it set in warm water for awhile.

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.

Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan , it is revealed that if Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.

INFLUENZA – FLU: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ' Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Take four spoons of honey, one spoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans also increase and even a 100 year old might start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.

WEIGHT LOSS: Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

SKIN INFECTIONS: Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.

CANCER: Research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.

BAD BREATH: People in South America first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts helps restore hearing.

CONCLUSION:
    It is good to take some sort of mixture of cinnamon and honey daily! � " link

Update:

"Since the initial posting of the Cinnamon and Honey article, it has become one of the most popular pieces on the whole website. Besides some of the great testimonials I have received about this simple healing formuala there are some additional consideratins that have been brought to my attention. Since I have had so many hits and some very important comments I decided to take these helpful suggestions and clarification in order to bring people more update and accurate information. First before you start taking this, please note that all Cinnamon is not the same. There are two types: Ceylon Cinnamon and Cassian Cinnamon. Cassian has much higher levels of a compound called Coumarin, which can be toxic to your liver in large prolong doses, please see specifications below. If you are taking Cinnamon daily you should take Ceylon Cinnamon which has low levels of Coumarin and won't damage your liver.

As far as honey, it is best to get raw never been heated honey. You can find some great products at your local health food store. But the big chain supermarkets honey have none of the nutritional value you can get with natural raw. But even rawhoney is very high in natural sugar and should be used in moderation. that is the key to this firmula and health in general. The best strategy is to take a rest of one week after six weeks of use to give your body a rest... and you can come back to the formula with renewed strenghth.

Here are some other update: where it says spoonful, it is most logical to use teaspoon sizes not table spoon.
    And it is best not to boil honey, it can lose it valueable enzymatic power. Where it says boil, it means pour boiling water over honey, it does not mean boil the honey/
    Do not boil, but it ok to pour boiling water over honey. I hope this

One additional confession: It is true that most of the original posting was mostly taken from a the Weekly World News, January 17 1995. But just because a lot of what is found in that paper can be considered confabulation, this particualr piece seemed to have merit and the honey and cinnamon combination as a natural rememdy can be found in many other places as a well proven remedy. - Alan Steinfeld of NewRealities" link[/QUO

The best way to fight about about clotting disorder is to get a lymphatic drainage periodiccaly and take milk thistle every day and avoiding vitamin K... I miss so much green vegetables... Mais je triche parfois
    Last edited by Gaia; 9th June 2015 at 19:39.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 times in 876 posts

It is great to contemplate using food and herbs for healing. However, it can be destructive if you have not been trained. This is an investigation best done with a qualified expert who knows western medicine and herbs.

I know people mean to be helpful with their suggestions but if you are not a trained and certified herbalist, you could be leading this person to death when you don't even know what is the diagnosis.

My mate is on it to keep him alive and his levels are checked every other week. I could provide more appropriate foods but he has an extremely complex set of physical problems. Are you willing to listen to suggestions from people who don't even know your diagnosis and other possible health issues?

It is disgusting that in this country MDs and big pharma run everything but that doesn't mean people on a forum are experts when they don't even ask you the right questions. Go see Dr. Mercola or other expert. Or at least get some good insurance to care for your family if you can't even answer my post about your diagnosis

25. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015)

26. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by jonsnow (here)

You can find plenty of inspiration here , to choose from, of course ..no one knows about you better than yourself,
    never trust your doctor more than you .

I agree with you

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by grannyfranny100 (here)
    It is great to contemplate using food and herbs for healing. However, it can be destructive if you have not been trained. This is an investigation best done with a qualified expert who knows western medicine and herbs.
    Foods and herbs with cautions yes but those are your first medicines grannyfrany , and even if you're not medical practitioner of any sort ,
    it's your duty to educate yourself best as you can on your own health .. I know, I know.. it was not the good habit 50 years ago .. and doctors have their secrets ..

it's still credibly important for people worldwide , not only 'east' , 'west' , south or north , to understand they live on globe , chemical structure and other properties of the place , how weather works and why, your botanical and herbal list and what is good to eat and when and yes what on earth can replace your medication if you're left stranded in jungle for few days and help is out of reach .

It should not be knowledge reserved for ''experts'' with big names like Dr Mercola , oh .. please did you mention Dr Mercola .. i thought that fad is over like 20 years ago . Wrong forum.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

East Sun (9th June 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by grannyfranny100 (here)
    Why are you on Cumadin?
    Half way through my reply my message disappeared. Try again...

Over the past two decades I had two heart attacks. In recent years I had two mild strokes. About four years ago I stopped all prescription drugs. My Dr. got mad at me and walked out of the office.

I've always been health conscious and everything was fine for two years until the last stroke. I went back on Cumadin and get checked every two weeks.

But I'd rather be prescription drug free and am searching for alternatives. I use raw honey often and sprinkle cinnamon or Cayenne pepper on supper foods.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Rocky_Shorz (12th June 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you sir
    Are you familiar with Whole Foods. Supermarket. I shop there lot. They are distributors for 365TM cinnamon made in china. I'm wary of anything from China. I will check out the things you mentioned.
    I went to a Naturopathic Dr. and he recommended a few things but said stay on the Cumadin. Drs. are scared of being sued so they have to be careful.

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Agape,

Turmeric is on my list.

34. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Vitamin K2 is a premier blood thinner. Found in nattokinase (sp?) and many other foods.
    Nattokinase is a very powerful natural blood thinner / clot buster and should be taken with care. It is not K2 in it that gives the effect at all, but rather, enzymes. K2 is actually needed for proper blood clotting, not blood thinning specifically, but is overall an excellent cardiovascular tonic, that many people aren't getting enough of.

The company I work for used to carry Nattokinase in Canada but I don't think it is licensable right now in Canada, we still carry it in USA.

Here is a PDF with detailed info on Nattokinase: http://www.aor.ca/assets/Research/pd...003_Spring.pdf This is a bit old, but has the info needed.

Here is info on K2: http://www.aor.ca/products-page/prod.../#research_tab
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 9th June 2015 at 23:11.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

conk (10th June 2015), East Sun (10th June 2015), Rocky_Shorz (12th June 2015)

36. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    Is it possible to safely get off Cumadin (Warfarin) in favor of an alternative health remedy?
    I had two lungs so full of clots last fall that they couldn't count them. I'm on Coumadin. I also did a search, but don't see anything (so far), natural, that could reliably replace it. They say Coumadin for the duration of my life, but I already told them I will not do it. I feel my condition was acute, not chronic, and once my legs feel healthy (I had leg surgery), I'll wean myself off Coumadin (and maybe drink herbal teas that are supposed to be "blood tonic." I'm also trying to force myself to drink a lot more water.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

East Sun (10th June 2015), Rocky_Shorz (12th June 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast