+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Cutting/ Self-harm

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member AngelEyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Cutting/ Self-harm

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I totally agree that spending time outdoors is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. When the weather allows spending time barefoot on the earth has been very helpful for me. In the colder weather, I will use my hands to access the earth energy. I have total faith that you are on the right path and you will use this experience for your benefit.
    Yes!!! see this is exactly what I have been doing!!! :D cause I was like dang its chilly out and if I were to go barefoot I would get sick for sure! :/ so in the evenings when I go to the lake I sit by the water and put my hands on the ground and close my eyes and look at the sun. feels so nice and warm but the air coming off the water is chilly but thats okay!!! it was so peaceful! so peaceful I dont even notice the noise of the freeway several yards away behind me

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

betoobig (9th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by AngelEyes (here)
    Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I totally agree that spending time outdoors is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. When the weather allows spending time barefoot on the earth has been very helpful for me. In the colder weather, I will use my hands to access the earth energy. I have total faith that you are on the right path and you will use this experience for your benefit.
    Yes!!! see this is exactly what I have been doing!!! :D cause I was like dang its chilly out and if I were to go barefoot I would get sick for sure! :/ so in the evenings when I go to the lake I sit by the water and put my hands on the ground and close my eyes and look at the sun. feels so nice and warm but the air coming off the water is chilly but thats okay!!! it was so peaceful! so peaceful I dont even notice the noise of the freeway several yards away behind me

Wonderful, My dear AngelEyes!!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

betoobig (9th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

all I have to do is stick with it everyday! weather permitting of course! is supposed to be very nice all this week! sunny and warm everyday this week! I take pictures every evening when I am out there! .

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

betoobig (9th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), Pam (9th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Hi Angeleyes, you do have angel eyes BTW. I just have a... an idea pumped while reading you and Pam. Try to hold your breath next time you feel like harming yourself. Then breath again, if the harm will doesn´t go away, hold your breath again. Repit until is gone and you feel better.
    Angeleyes, i am not sure if this is going to help at all; but i am not affraid of sharing becouse i have the greatest of intentions towards your issue. ANyway, much love.
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2015), Cara (13th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), Pam (9th December 2015), RunningDeer (9th December 2015)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

A problem shared is a problem divided in half, keep open and sharing ....you certainly have courage....
    ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS AIN'T IT

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

AngelEyes (21st December 2015), betoobig (11th December 2015), Bill Ryan (9th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), greybeard (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), Pam (9th December 2015), RunningDeer (9th December 2015)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Quote Posted by zen deik (here)
    A problem shared is a problem divided in half, keep open and sharing ....you certainly have courage....
    Thank you so much! this site has been a great help! lots of awesome people here! and I am happy to say I have "STILL" been doing really well and havent picked up a razor blade at all!!! <3 really really happy! The things I do when I am upset I like to sit and love on my plants! stroking their leaves, misting them with charged rain water that I caught on days that it rained here! cleaning their vases and putting in fresh rain water! Like yesterday I was upset because my husband and I was fighting on the phone and instead of cutting myself I sat with my plants! I had actually bought a couple of kits from the dollar tree one terrarium and the other a fairy catcher flower growing kit so I put those together decorated them with nice stickers! it was fun and made me feel better plus my husband and I made up. For those of you that don't know. My husband is serving time in prison. We havent been together at all this entire time because I met him during his incarceration. So the holidays are super tough on us both because we cant be together so our tempers tend to get the best of us especially his being in there its hard for him to be happy all the time. But anyways I just wanted to let everyone know I am doing GREAT!!! and there hasnt been any CUTTING AT ALL!!! How I am feeling right now! #likeabada$$ YAS!!! :D

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (21st December 2015), Bill Ryan (21st December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), greybeard (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (21st December 2015), Orph (26th December 2015), Pam (21st December 2015), RunningDeer (21st December 2015)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,472 times in 32,925 posts

havent picked up a razor blade at all!!! <3 really really happy!

One quite good idea might be — right now, as soon as you read this, while you're doing really well! — to gather up the various blades and throw them ALL out of the house.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

betoobig (21st December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th January 2016), Innocent Warrior (21st December 2015), Orph (26th December 2015), Pam (21st December 2015), RunningDeer (21st December 2015)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by zen deik (here)
    Thank you so much! this site has been a great help! lots of awesome people here! and I am happy to say I have "STILL" been doing really well and havent picked up a razor blade at all!!! <3 really really happy! The things I do when I am upset I like to sit and love on my plants! stroking their leaves, misting them with charged rain water that I caught on days that it rained here! cleaning their vases and putting in fresh rain water! Like yesterday I was upset because my husband and I was fighting on the phone and instead of cutting myself I sat with my plants! I had actually bought a couple of kits from the dollar tree one terrarium and the other a fairy catcher flower growing kit so I put those together decorated them with nice stickers! it was fun and made me feel better plus my husband and I made up. For those of you that don't know. My husband is serving time in prison. We havent been together at all this entire time because I met him during his incarceration. So the holidays are super tough on us both because we cant be together so our tempers tend to get the best of us especially his being in there its hard for him to be happy all the time. But anyways I just wanted to let everyone know I am doing GREAT!!! and there hasnt been any CUTTING AT ALL!!! How I am feeling right now! #likeabada$$ YAS!!! :D

AngelEyes, thank you for sharing this with us. You really are finding alternatives to harming yourself. Isn't it wonderful when you can find ways to create inner peace and comfort after an emotional episode. I can see that you are very sensitive and have a most kind heart. I know that it is very, very hard to exist in this social structure when you have those qualities. You have a rare and beautiful gentleness about you and the natural world is yearning for the the kind of loving interaction with humanity that you just described. When you display the kind of gentle consideration to a plant all the beautiful entities in the universe smile and applaud you and maybe see that there is hope for mankind.

With much love,
    Pam

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

betoobig (21st December 2015), Bill Ryan (21st December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), RunningDeer (21st December 2015)

17. Link to Post #89
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

AngelEyes, My love to you.

Such fantastic news you are sharing.

It is so great that you are taking the time out to connect with nature. You are doing so well. Keep up the great work!!

Just keep heading in the direction you are heading. Nature has so much to offer us in the way of healing. Nature talks to us constantly and has so much to share with us.

If you can get the opportunity, do some moon-gazing. Moon-gazing is a part of all the natural and divine forces available to us.

Our diet also has a very large role to play in our health and our mental/emotional wellbeing. If you have the budget for juicing, or if you can get your hands on cold pressed juices, they can offer an instant shift in how you feel about yourself.

It is so brilliant that you connect with your potted plants!

Here is something to inspire you around plants. Whilst the whole of the following brilliant video by Wade Davis isn't dedicated to plants, there is a portion of the video that starts at 11.12 that refers to plants and how they can talk to us.

https://www.ted.com/talks/wade_davis...es?language=en

I have copied and pasted the transcribed portion here for you if you don't get time to look at the video. I've highlighted in blue, the portion that refers specifically to the divine interaction between plants and humans.

11:12
    "Now, if you begin to look at the idea that these cultures could create different realities, you could begin to understand some of their extraordinary discoveries. Take this plant here. It's a photograph I took in the Northwest Amazon just last April. This is ayahuasca, which many of you have heard about, the most powerful psychoactive preparation of the shaman's repertoire. What makes ayahuasca fascinating is not the sheer pharmacological potential of this preparation, but the elaboration of it. It's made really of two different sources: on the one hand, this woody liana which has in it a series of beta-carbolines, harmine, harmaline, mildly hallucinogenic -- to take the vine alone is rather to have sort of blue hazy smoke drift across your consciousness -- but it's mixed with the leaves of a shrub in the coffee family called Psychotria viridis. This plant had in it some very powerful tryptamines, very close to brain serotonin, dimethyltryptamine, 5-methoxydimethyltryptamine. If you've ever seen the Yanomami blowing that snuff up their noses, that substance they make from a different set of species also contains methoxydimethyltryptamine. To have that powder blown up your nose is rather like being shot out of a rifle barrel lined with baroque paintings and landing on a sea of electricity. (Laughter) It doesn't create the distortion of reality; it creates the dissolution of reality.
    12:35
    In fact, I used to argue with my professor, Richard Evan Shultes -- who is a man who sparked the psychedelic era with his discovery of the magic mushrooms in Mexico in the 1930s -- I used to argue that you couldn't classify these tryptamines as hallucinogenic because by the time you're under the effects there's no one home anymore to experience a hallucination. (Laughter)
    12:53
    But the thing about tryptamines is they cannot be taken orally because they're denatured by an enzyme found naturally in the human gut called monoamine oxidase. They can only be taken orally if taken in conjunction with some other chemical that denatures the MAO. Now, the fascinating things are that the beta-carbolines found within that liana are MAO inhibitors of the precise sort necessary to potentiate the tryptamine. So you ask yourself a question. How, in a flora of 80,000 species of vascular plants, do these people find these two morphologically unrelated plants that when combined in this way, created a kind of biochemical version of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts?
    13:32
    Well, we use that great euphemism, "trial and error," which is exposed to be meaningless. But you ask the Indians, and they say, "The plants talk to us."
    13:40
    Well, what does that mean? This tribe, the Cofan, has 17 varieties of ayahuasca, all of which they distinguish a great distance in the forest, all of which are referable to our eye as one species. And then you ask them how they establish their taxonomy and they say, "I thought you knew something about plants. I mean, don't you know anything?" And I said, "No." Well, it turns out you take each of the 17 varieties in the night of a full moon, and it sings to you in a different key. Now, that's not going to get you a Ph.D. at Harvard, but it's a lot more interesting than counting stamens.
    "

with all my love,
    Breal
    Last edited by Constance; 21st December 2015 at 21:44.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

betoobig (21st December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), Pam (21st December 2015), silverfish (5th January 2016)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Angelseyes you are doing it. You brought us all with you. Please turn this thread of yours into a powerfull update, your now, a great one.
    I love you.
    Juan
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), Constance (21st December 2015), Pam (6th January 2016)

21. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

Let us know how you are progressing Angel Eyes. You have the tools and the love from all of us. Remember to throw out the sharp knives and razor blades. Do it. Make your 2016 a journey of faith and strength and learning. Find kindred spirits and pour YOUR love on another. We grace each other, like a circle be it plants or gems or trees or people or babies. It always comes back to us. Oh, and only watch inspiring movies from now on. Where you cry out your soul with love and enjoyment and hope and peace. Blessings this year and every year precious one.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

animovado (5th January 2016), betoobig (6th January 2016), Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), Constance (6th January 2016), Pam (6th January 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5