+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 Facts about depression nobody talks about

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default 5 Facts about depression nobody talks about

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 350 million people of all ages suffer from depression, making it the leading cause of disability worldwide. It is also classified as a mental disorder, but does it truly fit that classification?

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...r-talks-about/

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Awakening2014 (30th August 2015), giovonni (30th August 2015), heretogrow (31st August 2015), karamba (30th August 2015), Linderlou (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015), vano915 (31st August 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: 5 Facts about depression nobody talks about

And quit apparently ...

Quote It seems as if the “powers that be,” have grabbed a hold of human feelings, defined them to be of such a problematic nature that it requires chemical tweaking of the brain.

Depression And The Harmful Medications That Go With It

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: 5 Facts about depression nobody talks about

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 350 million people of all ages suffer from depression, making it the leading cause of disability worldwide. It is also classified as a mental disorder, but does it truly fit that classification?

They always talk about depression as if it comes out of nowhere, for no reason. But that is completely untrue. If someone is depressed, it is usually because they are in a bad situation of some kind, often one they feel like they cannot escape from.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), heretogrow (31st August 2015), Jhonie (29th September 2015), Lifebringer (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), raregem (30th August 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

the most common cause of depression is pharmaceuticals

Larry

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), heretogrow (31st August 2015), Lefty Dave (31st August 2015), Matt P (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), TelosianEmbrace (29th September 2015), vano915 (31st August 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    They always talk about depression as if it comes out of nowhere, for no reason. But that is completely untrue. If someone is depressed, it is usually because they are in a bad situation of some kind, often one they feel like they cannot escape from.
    What you describe here is actually what is called situational depression, which is very different from clinical depression. Anybody gets "blue" because they just got through a heartbreak, lost a job, lost a family member, etc. It is natural for people to feel sad, but those feelings are eventually dissipated through time.

But clinical depression is much darker. I have suffered through it for a long time, and it often arises when a person has nothing to feel too sad about. Imagine this: waking up every single morning wanting to kill yourself, and going to sleep at night wanting to kill yourself. Imagine sleeping at night to be the best part of your day and you sit around the whole day waiting for the time when you could finally lay your head down and fall asleep, because at least you won't have to be stuck in your thoughts anymore.

You start getting thoughts that come out of nowhere, which are all centered around hopelessness and worthlessness, and all of your insecurities are amplified. You wonder where these thoughts are coming from, because you don't really have any reason to dwell on such thoughts. Even the thought of living after you kill yourself, and still being a soul that travels elsewhere in the universe sounds horrible, and you would rather cease to exist and have your soul obliterated along with all the memory it contains.

Imagine you walking around feeling like you constantly have the flu and are simultaneously constantly hungover, and your mind is so fuzzy that you start to lose all forms of emotion. You become so empty inside, that death does not scare you in the least bit, and you welcome it. You walk down the street hoping that a bus will come and run you over. You hope that some psychopath will break in your home and shoot your brains out. You hope that you will be the unlucky statistic who gets struck by lightning.

It is very serious, and is very different from being "blue" from a bad situation. For me, and most people who go through this, there is an Archontic attachment involved. Jinn, demon, Archon...whatever you want to call them, they are mainly responsible for clinical depression and other mental disorders. They latch onto you and literally suck the soul out of you, and influence your thoughts and emotions and take advantage of your insecurities, amplifying those thoughts and emotions that trigger you to lose focus in life.

Everything I just described here sounds horrible, and believe me, it is! When I recognized that I was being influenced by a dark entity, I gained clarity of mind, and dispelled the entity by claiming my sovereignty and establishing my boundaries. As soon as I did that, all of those negative thoughts and emotions disappeared, almost instantly, and I was back to normal. The depression lasted about three years, and by the grace of all that is good in this world, I am still here today.

"Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

9. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

angelfire (31st August 2015), aranuk (31st August 2015), Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Baby Steps (31st August 2015), Becky (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Ciaran (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), earthdreamer (3rd September 2015), GloriousPoetry (2nd September 2015), Heartsong (2nd September 2015), heretogrow (31st August 2015), hohoemi (8th November 2015), Ivanhoe (1st September 2015), Jackson (2nd September 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Jetsam (31st August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), Lancelot (1st September 2015), Marikins (1st September 2015), Matthew (12th October 2015), Metaphor (31st August 2015), moekatz (30th August 2015), mokosh (30th August 2015), Orph (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), penn (30th August 2015), Rex (30th August 2015), RunningDeer (8th November 2015), samildamach (30th August 2015), sandy (31st August 2015), Selene (30th August 2015), Spirithorse (30th August 2015), Swanette (31st August 2015), Ted (30th August 2015), toppy (2nd September 2015), Unicorn_Wrath (30th August 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

I'm assuming you have not had a meaningful discussion about depression with someone who suffers from it.

It's not like being very sad or very unhappy. It is much deeper than that. Although it can be brought on through difficult life situations, but it really can 'come out of nowhere' for those who suffer from it, despite them having now particular problems.

It's a clinical condition.

Perhaps someone who truly suffers from depression can clarify for those who don't (or won't) understand.

PS: Just in case someone thinks all that's required is to shout "snap out of it and pull yourself together!", it doesn't work.

PPS: Thank you Robin - you posted just before I did.
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 23rd September 2015 at 08:23.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), Heartsong (2nd September 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), mokosh (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Selene (30th August 2015), Shannon (30th August 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Robin (here)
    What you describe here is actually what is called situational depression, which is very different from clinical depression. Anybody gets "blue" because they just got through a heartbreak, lost a job, lost a family member, etc. It is natural for people to feel sad, but those feelings are eventually dissipated through time.

But clinical depression is much darker. I have suffered through it for a long time, and it often arises when a person has nothing to feel too sad about. Imagine this: waking up every single morning wanting to kill yourself, and going to sleep at night wanting to kill yourself. Imagine sleeping at night to be the best part of your day and you sit around the whole day waiting for the time when you could finally lay your head down and fall asleep, because at least you won't have to be stuck in your thoughts anymore.

You start getting thoughts that come out of nowhere, which are all centered around hopelessness and worthlessness, and all of your insecurities are amplified. You wonder where these thoughts are coming from, because you don't really have any reason to dwell on such thoughts. Even the thought of living after you kill yourself, and still being a soul that travels elsewhere in the universe sounds horrible, and you would rather cease to exist and have your soul obliterated along with all the memory it contains.

Imagine you walking around feeling like you constantly have the flu and are simultaneously constantly hungover, and your mind is so fuzzy that you start to lose all forms of emotion. You become so empty inside, that death does not scare you in the least bit, and you welcome it. You walk down the street hoping that a bus will come and run you over. You hope that some psychopath will break in your home and shoot your brains out. You hope that you will be the unlucky statistic who gets struck by lightning.

It is very serious, and is very different from being "blue" from a bad situation. For me, and most people who go through this, there is an Archontic attachment involved. Jinn, demon, Archon...whatever you want to call them, they are mainly responsible for clinical depression and other mental disorders. They latch onto you and literally suck the soul out of you, and influence your thoughts and emotions and take advantage of your insecurities, amplifying those thoughts and emotions that trigger you to lose focus in life.

Everything I just described here sounds horrible, and believe me, it is! When I recognized that I was being influenced by a dark entity, I gained clarity of mind, and dispelled the entity by claiming my sovereignty and establishing my boundaries. As soon as I did that, all of those negative thoughts and emotions disappeared, almost instantly, and I was back to normal. The depression lasted about three years, and by the grace of all that is good in this world, I am still here today.

Oh, believe me, I know what clinical depression is, and it always had to do with a really $hitty life situation that I felt like I could not escape from, or that I could not change, since it involved a person or persons who were treating me badly and did not care about me. I don't think situational depression and clinical depression are two different things at all, nor do I think that anything supernatural is involved. I think they are simply two ends of a spectrum of depression.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)

I'm assuming you have not had a meaningful discussion about depression with someone who suffers from it.

It's not like being very sad or very unhappy. It is much deeper than that. Although it can be brought on through difficult life situations, but it really can 'come out of nowhere' for those who suffer from it, despite them having now particular problems.

Perhaps someone who truly suffers from depression can clarify for those who don't (or won't) understand.

thermion

PS: Just in case someone thinks all that's required is to shout "snap out of it and pull yourself together!", it doesn't work.

I have suffered from clinical depression. I have suffered from it for more of my life than not. My first memory, on my third birthday, was of wanting to be dead.
    Last edited by Selkie; 30th August 2015 at 13:26.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), karamba (30th August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Shannon (30th August 2015), Ted (30th August 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Oh, believe me, I know what clinical depression is, and it always had to do with a really $hitty life situation that I felt like I could not escape from, or that I could not change, since it involved a person or persons who were treating me badly and did not care about me. I don't think situational depression and clinical depression are two different things at all, nor do I think that anything supernatural is involved. I think they are simply two ends of a spectrum of depression.[COLOR="red"]
    That's fine, you are entitled to believe in whatever you want to.

But what I will add here is that there is more involved in depression that just "imbalanced chemicals." The physical diagnosis is only one part of it, but the spiritual aspect should not be ignored. I think that it is wise to think of many layers of causality when it comes to illnesses such as depression.

For instance, I got Lyme Disease about four years ago by being bit by a tick. Because of this, I am traumatized with chronic arthritis, mental fogginess, and other things. After having Lyme Disease for a few months when I first was diagnosed, I also suffered a heartbreak, which really traumatized me and left me in "situational" depression. But after I got over the fact that I wasn't with my girlfriend anymore, and I moved on in life, I noticed that everything I listed in my previous comment started happening. In other words, I wasn't sad about the heartbreak anymore, but I still had all the symptoms of depression, and they started to intensify.

This is what I think happened. The Lyme Disease weakened my immune system and aura, allowing entities to more easily grab hold of my etheric body. Every time something traumatizing happens to me, such as a heartbreak, it weakens my channels and allows these entities (Archons, A.I.) to invade my etheric body and do their damage. Even when the traumatizing event is over and I am no longer sad, the intense feelings of desperation and unworthiness linger.

I'm sorry Selkie, but if you haven't gone through something like this then it is very difficult to understand. It is very narrow thinking to suggest that depression is nothing more than a physical symptom of chemical imbalance, and I can assure you that this is exactly what the PTB want people to think.
    Last edited by Robin; 30th August 2015 at 14:48.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Baby Steps (31st August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Selene (30th August 2015), toppy (2nd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Oh, believe me, I know what clinical depression is, and it always had to do with a really $hitty life situation that I felt like I could not escape from, or that I could not change, since it involved a person or persons who were treating me badly and did not care about me. I don't think situational depression and clinical depression are two different things at all, nor do I think that anything supernatural is involved. I think they are simply two ends of a spectrum of depression.[COLOR="red"]

But what I will add here is that there is more involved in depression that just "imbalanced chemicals." The physical diagnosis is only one part of it, but the spiritual aspect should not be ignored. I think that it is wise to think of many layers of causality when it comes to illnesses such as depression.

For instance, I got Lyme Disease about four years ago by being bit by a tick. Because of this, I am traumatized with chronic arthritis, mental fogginess, and other things. After having Lyme Disease for a few months when I first was diagnosed, I also suffered a heartbreak, which really traumatized me and left me in "situational" depression. But after I got over the fact that I wasn't with my girlfriend anymore, and I moved on in life, I noticed that everything I listed in my previous comment started happening. In other words, I wasn't sad about the heartbreak anymore, but I still had all the symptoms of depression, and they started to intensify.

This is what I think happened. The Lyme Disease weakened my immune system and aura, allowing entities to more easily grab hold of my etheric body. Every time something traumatizing happens to me, such as a heartbreak, it weakens my channels and allows these entities (Archons, A.I.)to invade my etheric body and do their damage. Even when the traumatizing event is over and I am no longer sad, the intense feelings of desperation and worthiness linger.

I'm sorry Selkie, but if you haven't gone through something like this then it is very difficult to understand. It is very narrow thinking to suggest that depression is nothing more than a physical symptom of chemical imbalance, and I can assure you that this is exactly what the PTB want people to think.
    You are completely misunderstanding me, and I never said that I think depression is nothing more than a physical symptom of a chemical imbalance.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Shannon (30th August 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)

thermion

Well, you assumed wrong, and you are misunderstanding what I am saying, too, Nick Matkin, and are jumping to conclusions about what I mean. I have suffered from clinical depression all my life. I was clinically depressed even before the age of three, because my first memory, on my third birthday, was of wanting to be dead, so I must have been clinically depressed before then, in order to have such a thing be my first memory.
    Last edited by Selkie; 31st August 2015 at 18:59.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Shannon (30th August 2015), Ted (30th August 2015)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Robin, I am deeply touched by your description of depression. I have felt exactly those same things. And many times I could look at my life and everything in the external world would be considered great. It didn't matter in the least. I know what it's like to wake up to the dread of realizing IT is still there each morning. The dread of it. It is like wading through molasses to make it through one more day, just waiting for the relief of sleep.

It is interesting that you speak of Archon attachment. I have frequently experienced an alien voice in my head when I am depressed. Most likely it is telling me to do something that is self destructive. It doesn't sound or feel like my own internal dialogue. I wonder if that is the same as what you are talking about?

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Avuso (2nd September 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Robin (30th August 2015), Selene (30th August 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

As are you.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Robin (30th August 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Imagine this: ... going to sleep at night wanting to kill yourself. Imagine sleeping at night to be the best part of your day and you sit around the whole day waiting for the time when you could finally lay your head down and fall asleep, because at least you won't have to be stuck in your thoughts anymore.

Even the thought of living after you kill yourself, and still being a soul that travels elsewhere in the universe sounds horrible, and you would rather cease to exist and have your soul obliterated along with all the memory it contains.

You become so empty inside, that death does not scare you in the least bit, and you welcome it. You walk down the street hoping that a bus will come and run you over. You hope that some psychopath will break in your home and shoot your brains out. You hope that you will be the unlucky statistic who gets struck by lightning.
    I know these feelings well, as I spent a good portion of my life living them. At some point the thought entered my mind that my demons would just chase me into into the afterlife if I died. And that thought scared me so much that I knew that I had to face my demons down in the here-and-now. (I say "my demons", because at the time I had never heard of archons, djinn, or any other type of parasitic entities. Not sure I believe that they exist even now). But, be that as it may, it's certainly no walk in the park.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Robin (30th August 2015), Selene (30th August 2015), toppy (2nd September 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

I'm sorry to hear about all these experiences of depression. They are all valid and heartfelt this is for sure. i do agree with Robin that i think they certainly have archontic /AI elements to them and/or djinn, or other entity attachments or projections,

It is absolutely the most sensitive of people who get targetted - those who potentially are the biggest threat to thwarting the Archontic agenda. This is why I feel it is vital that people do the work necessary to free themselves of these entities/attachments, and that will not be through medication in the long run. it will be through hard personal work in deciphering what are your true thoughts and what do not come from you. I would actually recommend a good Shaman for getting rid of entity attachments, cord cutting, genetic regression and other possible sources of AI induced depression or any form of depression. Building up ones own physical, spiritual, emotional and mental defenses would be a valuable thing to do as well.

Sending love and healing to ALL who suffer from depression, whatever they feel their source of it may be.

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Robin (30th August 2015), Selene (30th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015), Spirithorse (30th August 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Robin, I am deeply touched by your description of depression. I have felt exactly those same things. And many times I could look at my life and everything in the external world would be considered great. It didn't matter in the least. I know what it's like to wake up to the dread of realizing IT is still there each morning. The dread of it. It is like wading through molasses to make it through one more day, just waiting for the relief of sleep.

It is interesting that you speak of Archon attachment. I have frequently experienced an alien voice in my head when I am depressed. Most likely it is telling me to do something that is self destructive. It doesn't sound or feel like my own internal dialogue. I wonder if that is the same as what you are talking about?
    I am glad that you are still here with us, and I'll have you know that you are not alone. There is ALWAYS hope, and tomorrow will be a better day.

Yes, it is true that the Archons influence the thoughts and emotions of people on this planet. I will not say that every person who is depressed or has another mental disorder is influenced by them, as everybody's situation is unique and there are many factors. The Archons and A.I. are greatly responsible for mental illnesses, and are masters at being able to invade the mind of their victim, and influence thoughts and emotions that are specific to their deepest, darkest, insecurities.

I am not necessarily talking about the "internal dialogue." Everybody has an internal dialogue as it is a natural part of our ego. Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between your actual inner voice and an external voice that is pretending to be your inner voice. They are very clever at being able to make it seem like those thoughts and emotions are your own.

What might be helpful is to ask yourself: Why am I depressed? Is this hopelessness I feel warranted in the grand scheme of things?

It should be clear that the inner voice is not your own if it doesn't match up with your true thought processes. In other words, let's say you were always somebody who found positives in any negative situation you were placed in, and accepted the negatives as a part of life you could learn from. If all of a sudden you start dwelling on the negatives in minor situations and overlooking all the positives, then it is likely you are being influenced.

But only you can know if those thoughts are not in line with your true self.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), Becky (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), toppy (2nd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)

I am glad that you are still here with us, and I'll have you know that you are not alone. There is ALWAYS hope, and tomorrow will be a better day.

Yes, it is true that the Archons influence the thoughts and emotions of people on this planet. I will not say that every person who is depressed or has another mental disorder is influenced by them, as everybody's situation is unique and there are many factors. The Archons and A.I. are greatly responsible for mental illnesses, and are masters at being able to invade the mind of their victim, and influence thoughts and emotions that are specific to their deepest, darkest, insecurities.

I am not necessarily talking about the "internal dialogue." Everybody has an internal dialogue as it is a natural part of our ego. Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between your actual inner voice and an external voice that is pretending to be your inner voice. They are very clever at being able to make it seem like those thoughts and emotions are your own.

What might be helpful is to ask yourself: Why am I depressed? Is this hopelessness I feel warranted in the grand scheme of things?

It should be clear that the inner voice is not your own if it doesn't match up with your true thought processes. In other words, let's say you were always somebody who found positives in any negative situation you were placed in, and accepted the negatives as a part of life you could learn from. If all of a sudden you start dwelling on the negatives in minor situations and overlooking all the positives, then it is likely you are being influenced.

But only you can know if those thoughts are not in line with your true self.
    Robin, we both posted at roughly the same time, and have said very similar things...I really do agree with what you're saying here.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Robin (30th August 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)

Imagine this: ... going to sleep at night wanting to kill yourself. Imagine sleeping at night to be the best part of your day and you sit around the whole day waiting for the time when you could finally lay your head down and fall asleep, because at least you won't have to be stuck in your thoughts anymore.

Even the thought of living after you kill yourself, and still being a soul that travels elsewhere in the universe sounds horrible, and you would rather cease to exist and have your soul obliterated along with all the memory it contains.

You become so empty inside, that death does not scare you in the least bit, and you welcome it. You walk down the street hoping that a bus will come and run you over. You hope that some psychopath will break in your home and shoot your brains out. You hope that you will be the unlucky statistic who gets struck by lightning.
    I know these feelings well, as I spent a good portion of my life living them. At some point the thought entered my mind that my demons would just chase me into into the afterlife if I died. And that thought scared me so much that I knew that I had to face my demons down in the here-and-now. (I say "my demons", because at the time I had never heard of archons, djinn, or any other type of parasitic entities. Not sure I believe that they exist even now). But, be that as it may, it's certainly no walk in the park.
    Don't forget that we carry our very first relationships around with us, inside of us. Those people who formed those relationships can act as parasites, too, even if they are dead, draining us internally, as long as we carry them around inside of us. They would function as demons, and would even look demonic to our inner eye, since that is the way we experienced them energetically. We may have no conscious memory of someone acting like a demon, especially if the memory is pre-verbal, and yet, that memory can be there, and active.

There are a couple of wonderful books, by Donald Kalsched,

The Inner World of Trauma: Archetypal Defences of the Personal Spirit

and

Trauma and the Soul: A Psycho-Spiritual Approach to Human Development and its Interruption

that I highly recommend.
    Last edited by Selkie; 30th August 2015 at 14:52.

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), hohoemi (8th November 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Robin (30th August 2015), transiten (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

For those who haven't read the article that Bubu provided, I would definitely suggest checking it out! It really is good.

Science (and common sense) does show that thinking positive thoughts heals the brain, and even heals the whole body. Developing the ability to think optimistically and take positives out of any negative situation is very empowering, and will change your brain chemistry in your favor. Meditation (NOT medication)is also a good means to rewire the brain, as it trains you to stay in the present moment, instead of lingering on the past and future, which is greatly responsible for personal suffering.

Another good point in the article is that society has trained people to base their lives entirely around "success." Especially in Western culture, success is often measured by wealth, power, and fame, which are all fueled by conformity. Not everybody is meant to be a world famous film director. All the mothers of the world who devote all of their time and energy into raising their children right deserve just as much recognition.

So why not be the best YOU? Perhaps you incarnated in this world with plans to be an author who exposes conspiracies. If so, and this is what you truly feel, then do the best damn job you can to be the best you, and write your books without expectations of any fame. Do it for you and your mission. Perhaps you incarnated in this world simply to be a suburban mother who raises five children. If so, then do the very best you can to teach your children well and be the best you, for them.

I believe "success" is not measured by how influential you are in society, but rather how well you be the best you by achieving your dreams and fulfilling your mission, as well as learning from mistakes to aid in your spiritual journey.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

35. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Becky (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), lightwalker (1st September 2015), Pam (30th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015), ulli (30th August 2015), Unicorn_Wrath (30th August 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

I have suffered from both sides of depression: psychical/emotional caused depression and also that what is caused by biochemical deficiencies.
    Of course both influences can overlay.

About psychical/emotional caused depression I will not say much. In my view it is easy to understand why a person feels so dark, when there seems to be not much hope in her/his life. Of course this is also influenced by patterns that exist in her/his family system, by real traumas etc.

But what me makes really angry is, how the biochemical deficiencies are totally ignored in todays medicine, though they can be acurately measured and found. All it needs is someone who knows the possible causes and who is willing to evaluate each of them, starting with the most common.
    And here we land at the main reasons:
    1. Use of pharmaceuticals: mainly beta blockers, other heart medicals (Calcium channel blockers) and statins
    2. Cryptopyrroluria - 10% of population suffer from this metabolic disorder which causes dizziness, brain fog and also depression.
      About 60% of my sick patients have this disorder, because it can be caused by nitrosative stress.
      There is a cheap laboratory test to measure this substance in urine. People with this disorder have >90 µg/l in their urine, whereas healthy people only excrete 0...20 µg/l. The problem here is, that cryptopyrrol contains vitamin B6 and zinc and mangan, so that this disorder produce strong defiencies of these essential substances.
    3. Deficiencies of one of the other substances that are needed to produce serotonin and dopamin: vitamin B6, zinc, SAM, thryptophan, thyrosin.

BTW: The same mechanisms also produce brain fog and dementia, because most of them cause a lack of neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamin. Beta blockers poisen the brain, because they disturb the blood-brain barrier.
    The bad effects of beta blockers disappear, when you stop taking them. The bad effects of statins can remain for a long time, even when you have stopped taking them.

The first two reasons are by far the most common reasons, and most physicians and even Neurologists don't know nothing about it.
    It is known, that people with neurotransmitter deficiencies really have problems to deal with emotional stress.
    Last edited by Olaf; 30th August 2015 at 16:51.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), avid (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), earthdreamer (3rd September 2015), hohoemi (8th November 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 times in 251 posts

I have also suffered from this debilitating condition, and my sympathy goes out to all of you who have traveled down this dark and lonely road. Anyone who has not experienced clinical depression can begin to understand how miserable it can be.
    It does have all the symptome of a parasitic attachment, although I have no way of knowing whether that is true or not. I often felt like something was sucking all the energy out of me.
    I had a "knot of anxiety" centered in my solar plexis for as long as I can remember. I would feel constant anxiety for days even though there was no reason for it. This would then turn into depression as the neverending cycle continued.
    A few weeks ago I felt the knot suddenly "untie itself" and dissapear. It has not returned since and I can't express the relief I have had. I don't even like to talk about it because I don't want to jinks it!
    Something tells me this was a divine healing, and I am very grateful to finally be rid of whatever was plaguing me.

39. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

Aspen (31st August 2015), Becky (30th August 2015), Bubu (30th August 2015), Calz (31st August 2015), Constance (12th October 2015), earthdreamer (3rd September 2015), giovonni (30th August 2015), hohoemi (8th November 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (31st August 2015), lightwalker (1st September 2015), Marikins (1st September 2015), Robin (30th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015), Unicorn_Wrath (30th August 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd September 2015), Wind (4th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast