+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Speechless

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Default Re: Speechless

you sure??? i really hope so ........Ive read quite a few posts and it really does seem like these people are NOT attempting HUMOUR.........there are way too many biblical quotes for that kind of messing around

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Ok, ok, everybody, REST YOUR MINDS AT EASE.

The entire website is a parody. A spoof. Do not be alarmed at the overwhelming stupidity, it is not for real. But it is really, really funny. What is not funny is there are plenty of people who wouldn't get the joke, and would take it as serious biblical discussion.
    I looked at the FAQ page and to be honest, it really is not funny if that's what they are going for......I don't know what's worse....that people do think this way , or that people put this much effort into it if its just a joke.......I still dont know what to think
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 30th April 2012 at 20:11.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

nearing (30th April 2012), Vrilya (30th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Where does it state this is a parody/satire?
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Fred Steeves (30th April 2012), jorr lundstrom (30th April 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012), Vrilya (30th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

He is not the only one.......

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

Its people like this that give conspiracy theorists a bad name.....

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Vrilya's Avatar
    Thanks

That was so unbelievable shouldn't we be Christ like and send them a link to www.hiddenmeanings.com

Or would they consider that Blasphemy ??

Love and Blessings Always,
    V

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I checked this church on wikipedia and it is a satirical website and pretty funny actually!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomatic For This Post:

Alekahn (30th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #26
    Denmark Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 317 posts

The entire website is a parody. A spoof. Do not be alarmed at the overwhelming stupidity, it is not for real. But it is really, really funny. What is not funny is there are plenty of people who wouldn't get the joke, and would take it as serious biblical discussion.
    I think it is wishful thinking, that you think they made an irony joke, when they are some of the dumbest people, I have ever seen.

We in Denmark use heavy hidden sarcasm and irony. Americans don't do that without underlining it.

When I am around Americans, I have to block my irony/sarcasm humor center in my brain to understand American jokes. Maybe the irony humor center in my brain has been activated again. Who knows?
    Last edited by Neptun; 30th April 2012 at 20:56.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neptun For This Post:

mosquito (1st May 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

11. Link to Post #27
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0701/dating.html

Read this, from the main website, not the forum. Do you still believe this is not a joke? If so, you are obviously confused by Satan or possessed by a demon, or something. Pay special attention to the ads on the sides of the page.

1. COMB YOUR HAIR
    Head lice are very common among Christian men, especially Pentecostals. Although it is a normal and natural blessing from God to have head lice, you should certainly wash your hair before your date if only for the reason to avoid the temptation of putting your arm around the young lady while lifting to scratch your head.

2. PRAY
    Spend the day before your date with at least 6-hours of solitary prayer in a prayer-closet or a confined area. Ask the Lord to guide your words and actions. Ask Jesus to help you control your lust and pray that you will have a nightly emission before the date, thus making it easier for your carnal mind to operate on a level that is strictly spiritual. Do not masturbate in your prayer-closet unless you are thinking about Jesus. Click here for more detailed spiritual guidance on masturbation.

3. PURCHASE A RING
    Visit a jewelry store and purchase a diamond ring. For the Christian man, every date is a potential mate. If she is the right gal, you will want to pop the question as soon as possible. It is always handy to have the engagement ring available.

4. RECITE VERSES
    When you are on the date, use awkward moments of silence to quote scripture, or sing a favorite hymn. All women are impressed with such things. If she is not woo'd by this, it is a sign that she might be possessed by a demon. Take her to your church and drop her off by the back gate with a note to the pastor taped to her forehead. Be sure to secure her to a tree or post using chains or rope so that she won't get away during the night.

5. SPRUCE UP!
    Wear Christian cologne. The only Christian cologne available is "Betty Bowers' The Essence Of Christian Men." If you do not have any Christian cologne, rub your face in a Bible until you smell like the pages.

6. TAKE HER TO VISIT GOD
    The best place for a first date is church. Oh, how impressed your sweetheart will be when she finds out you are taking her to Sunday evening services! Then, a romantic dinner at Denny's!

7. GRILL HER FAITH
    Use the time at the restaurant to find out if your sweetheart is really saved. Question her salvation at least 15 times. Make sure she knows the exact day and hour (and preferably the exact minute) she met Jesus.

8. SQUELCH YOUR PASSION
    If you have not had a nightly emission before your date, make certain that you take extra precaution. Use an ace bandage or knitting yarn to tie your penis back against your stomach or underneath your hiney. If you tuck instead of tie, make sure that the tip of your penis does not curl back far enough to enter the hole in your hiney where you go poopy out of - otherwise you might accidentally sodomize yourself and inadvertently become a homosexual.

9. PRACTICE YOUR LINES
    Some Christian phrases that will help you "woo" the lesser sex are, "I'm almost as crazy about you as I am about Jesus," "Your long hair is the glory of your humility (I Corinthians 11: 11-15)," and "God broke the mold when he made your sweet face."

10. KEEP THE PASSION SUPPRESSED
    If the bandage work on your penis fails in the slightest bit, excuse yourself for the men's room and re-adjust the harnessing.

11. AVOID TOUCHING!
    Make certain that there is no personal contact (PC) on this first date. Even if she has said "yes" to marriage, it is highly recommended that you refrain from even holding hands for at least two years until the courtship is over and you are whisked away on your honeymoon!

Follow these dating tips for Christian men and you are sure to find a life partner that is suitable, submissive, and steadfast.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 30th April 2012 at 21:05.

12. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

PurpleLama,

Americans don't use hidden irony like we do us from Denmark.

It is wishful thinking. They are that stupid and you can't get accept it, so therefore you think they made it up.

That is very common among Christians that are serious about their religion:
    11. AVOID TOUCHING!
    Make certain that there is no personal contact (PC) on this first date. Even if she has said "yes" to marriage, it is highly recommended that you refrain from even holding hands for at least two years until the courtship is over and you are whisked away on your honeymoon!
    Last edited by Neptun; 30th April 2012 at 21:16.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Neptun For This Post:

PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

14. Link to Post #29
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Giggling is really nice.............................and a good
    belly laugh is even nicer.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Fc_-icFHwQo

All is well

Jorr 2.0

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Alekahn (30th April 2012), Eram (30th April 2012), meeradas (1st May 2012), modwiz (30th April 2012), Neptun (30th April 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

16. Link to Post #30
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

I think you are using some of that "hidden irony" on me right now. It must be a trick from the Devil, or from the Scientists.

*purplelama goes to wash his mouth out to get rid of the taste of the word "scientist" because it reminds him so much of the word "atheist"*

*upon further thought, every word ending in "-ist" might be a word meant by the devil to confuse us*

17. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

jorr,

I think this one is even funnier than your crazy bird

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Neptun For This Post:

PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

PurpleLama,

Indeed. It was danish hidden irony humor light. Normally we would not indicate we are using irony.

Danes often make irony jokes that make you wonder if they really mean it or if it is irony. If you accidentally think, they really mean it and they used irony, they will laugh at you and you will feel very stupid and naive.

It is those types of games that keep us on our feet and alert all the time, because we can easy end up looking like fools.

I don't use hardcore danish irony humor on this site though.
    Last edited by Neptun; 30th April 2012 at 21:44.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neptun For This Post:

Alekahn (30th April 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #33
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

You better be careful around any magnets, with all that irony you have.

22. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Phew, thank Lord that its a spoof, its a good one, some of the posts are genuinely hillarious
    "Question everything"
    "Why?"

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miqeel For This Post:

meeradas (1st May 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

24. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

This is an old classic and the funniest youtube I have ever seen. I laughed for days when I thought about it.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ODMYcTJGRiY
    ===

[Mod-edit:
    some thought this video funny, and some thought it inappropriate. So I split the difference and made the link inactive. The Youtube title for this video is accurate enough: "Donkey humping man". -Paul]
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 1st May 2012 at 19:18.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neptun For This Post:

Eram (30th April 2012)

26. Link to Post #36
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Some places its almost like ordering a pizza. No irony intended.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3Z8j...feature=relmfu

All is well

Jorr 2.0

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Alekahn (30th April 2012), Eram (30th April 2012), meeradas (1st May 2012), modwiz (30th April 2012), Neptun (30th April 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

28. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

jorr,

My GOD! It looks like danish irony to me. Hopefully!

This one is a real Swedish roadsign. The first one was rejected and replaced with a more doll one:

Both Denmark and Sweden have extreme feminists that are powergrabbing on all fronts. Now they want to have female roadsigns too.

Danish femi-nazi powergrab:
    "Women have a whole floor to themselves at Danish hotel"
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...h-hotel.400570
    Last edited by Neptun; 30th April 2012 at 21:55.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neptun For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (30th April 2012), meeradas (1st May 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

30. Link to Post #38
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I'm glad I never jumped up off the back of my buddy's truck! I'da broken my neck...lol
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

meeradas (1st May 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

32. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

More femi-nazi craziness from Sweden:

"Boys and girls abolished in Sweden

The category of gender was canceled at one of Swedish kindergartens. The words "boy" and "girl" are no longer used there, while pronouns "he" and "she" were replaced with "it". Kindergarten teachers believe that they are successfully breaking the gender stereotypes so that the people of two sexes would not feel predominant towards each other. Experts say, though, that such seeming equality may lead to the genetic rebirth of the population and to the decline of human civilization.

The bizarre mission is taking place in the Swedish preschool called "Egalia." In this kindergarten, pronouns 'han' (he) and 'hon' (she) were replaced with genderless 'hen'."

http://english.pravda.ru/society/sto...er_equality-0/

I read in the danish newspaper a school in Denmark did not allow boys to pee standing. They had to pee like a girl.

And an insane lesbian man-hating femi-nazi polician(sorry for my political incorrect language. That is how we communicate when we get passionate) had made it possible for women to stand up and pee. It is all about domination. The manhating feminists wants to be more powerful than men and infiltrate all power structures and use government to create laws in their favor. It is the New World Order agenda.

Scandinavia (Denmark/Sweden/Norway) is the test zone for the brave new world New World Order programming.

About Brave New Denmark(The future USA programming):
    http://www.rense.com/general79/brave.htm

This is how it looks like. The picture is from a danish national newspaper:

Translation of the article:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...cle2713877.ece

It is not harmless at all. IT'S SOCIAL ENGINEERING!
    Last edited by Neptun; 30th April 2012 at 22:39.

33. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,323 times in 995 posts

from Wikipedia; (not that WP is an 'authority', but it does have the citations to prove this item)

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his Master's Degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a satirical radio show which Liberty's administration found offensive.[2]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh well.... it was 'scary fun' to read! Just the same, I've got to believe there are those that follow this paradigm. On this note, I recount that in Joshuah Slocum's book "Sailing Alone Around the World, which was an account of his sailing journey of just such a feat around the turn of the last century (1900), he had arrived in South Africa, and due to the 'celebrity' he enjoyed with his endeavor (telegraph had been invented, and thus news was available in 'modern' areas) he was invited to dinner with the 'president' / prime minister. The PM finally asked Mr. Slocum, "Don't you mean that you are sailing Across the World?" This PM was of the mind that the World was Flat!!! In 1900!!! And a powerful politician at that!
    Last edited by Kindred; 30th April 2012 at 22:36.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Earth Angel (30th April 2012), mosquito (1st May 2012), PurpleLama (30th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast