Thread: Strange sounds heard all around the world

1. Link to Post #141
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Default Re:Strange sounds heard all around the world

another perspective concerning the humming noise this is from 2009
    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/08/hummingearth/

Scientists Track Down Source of Earth’s Hum
    You can’t hear it, but the Earth is constantly humming. And some parts of the world sing louder than others.

After discovering the mysterious low-frequency buzz in 1998, scientists figured out that the Earth’s hum is caused not by earthquakes or atmospheric turbulence, but by ocean waves colliding with the seafloor. Now, researchers have pinpointed the source of the Earth’s “background noise,” and it looks like it’s coming primarily from the Pacific coast of North America.

When two waves of opposite direction but similar frequency collide, they create a special kind of pressure wave that carries energy to the ocean bottom. As these waves pound against the sea floor, they generate a constant vibration with a frequency of about 10 millihertz, much too low for humans to hear but easily detectable with seismometers. By comparing the intensity of the hum with the height of waves around the world, scientists can track where the buzz is coming from.

Previous studies suggested that waves from both shallow continental shelves and the deep ocean contribute to the Earth’s hum, but new data indicates otherwise. Based on measurements from a seismic observatory called the USArray EarthScope, most of the hum appears to originate from the Pacific coast of North America, with a smaller contribution from the west coast of Europe. Waves from the deep ocean don’t seem to make much hum at all.

The data for this study, published Thursday in Geophysical Research Letters, was gathered from November 2006 to June 2007, so humming patterns might be different during the summer months.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

gs_powered (20th January 2012), Kano (20th January 2012), moontime (20th January 2012), seko (20th January 2012), skamandar (23rd January 2012)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks

When I was maybe 4 - 5 years old, I had STRONG dreams that I still remember vividly, about trumpet horns playing, and I felt a strong energetic feeling I felt only few times before. Sometimes I flw out of my body also, to "heaven", and was talking with a queen in red in a red room. Long conversations. I wish I could remember what we were talking about.

Blessings.
    The more I learn .. The less I know

Live without pretending
    Love without depending
    Listen without defending
    Speak without offending

Love /Newlyn, no-one

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Newlyn For This Post:

skamandar (23rd January 2012)

5. Link to Post #143
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    another perspective concerning the humming noise this is from 2009
    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/08/hummingearth/

Scientists Track Down Source of Earth’s Hum
    You can’t hear it, but the Earth is constantly humming. And some parts of the world sing louder than others.

After discovering the mysterious low-frequency buzz in 1998, scientists figured out that the Earth’s hum is caused not by earthquakes or atmospheric turbulence, but by ocean waves colliding with the seafloor. Now, researchers have pinpointed the source of the Earth’s “background noise,” and it looks like it’s coming primarily from the Pacific coast of North America.

When two waves of opposite direction but similar frequency collide, they create a special kind of pressure wave that carries energy to the ocean bottom. As these waves pound against the sea floor, they generate a constant vibration with a frequency of about 10 millihertz, much too low for humans to hear but easily detectable with seismometers. By comparing the intensity of the hum with the height of waves around the world, scientists can track where the buzz is coming from.

Previous studies suggested that waves from both shallow continental shelves and the deep ocean contribute to the Earth’s hum, but new data indicates otherwise. Based on measurements from a seismic observatory called the USArray EarthScope, most of the hum appears to originate from the Pacific coast of North America, with a smaller contribution from the west coast of Europe. Waves from the deep ocean don’t seem to make much hum at all.

The data for this study, published Thursday in Geophysical Research Letters, was gathered from November 2006 to June 2007, so humming patterns might be different during the summer months.
    This article is concerning noises you cannot hear. I wouldn't consider the recent noises a hum but rather a growl! This article seems to be pointing towards the inaudible resonances of the Earth. However, the idea that these noises are being produced by subtle (or not so subtle) shifts in the Earth's crust or mantle seem plausible. When I hear the sounds in the videos, it feels like friction more than a hum. Perhaps it just comes down to semantics. Nevertheless, thanks for the article, billyji.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

Quote Hey Pagan~ Since some of the sounds on the posted videos sound different, could you point to which one sounded most like the one in which you heard? Any more details (duration, origin~sky or underground, etc?) Very interesting indeed.... Thank you for the contribution. We are all on a quest to figure out what the origin/meaning of this strange sound is originating....
    Listened trough the clip posted by Viking, one more time. The sound I heard was similar to the first and last ones in the clip(the ones from Chicago and Kiev, "Chicago one" most similar)I was in my hotel room(~10 pm) and as said,first I thought it was the big fan in my room so I shut the fan down. The sound came in from the only window in my room(there were no glass in the window frames there) The sound appeared to come from the "sky", might have lasted for ~15 mins or so. Sort of unpleasant(you wanted it to go away), like failing notes of music, somewhat unconsistant. When I went outside the sounds had already stopped. I saw a clip of this fenomena on you tube, sometime last year. Recognized it, there when heard it my self in Cambodia.
    Last edited by Pagan; 20th January 2012 at 21:12.

8. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

OK, this is scary. I think the other loud sounds are scary but this is something else. It is difficult to know if the videos are hoaxes or not, either way they seem to fit very well into the "doomsday scenario".

Some of you have mentioned Jupiter and even before I read you posts I thought about Immanuel Velikovsky´s book Worlds in collision. I don´t know his credibility status on this forum but I believe he has some interesting theories. I will quote a very long part of one of his chapters here, mentioning the trumpet sound and the connection to Jupiter all over the world, so please, bear with me:

QUOTE FROM Immanuel Velikovsky, Worlds in collision, pp. 111-113, Paradigm Ltd., 2009 (1950):

The approach of two charged globes toward each other could also produce trumpetlike sounds, varying as the distance between them increased or lessened. It appears that this phenomenon is described by Pseudo-Philo as “testimony of the trumpets between the stars and their Lord.“ Here we can trace the origin of the Pythagorean notion of the “music of the spheres" and the idea that stars make music. In Babylonia the spheres of the planets were called “voices” and they were supposed to produce music? According to Midrashic literature, the trumpet sounding at Mount Sinai had seven different pitches (or notes), and the rabbinical literature speaks of “the heavenly music” heard at the revelation. “At the first sound the sky and the earth moved, the seas and the rivers turned to flight, mountains and hills were loosened in their foundations.“

Homer depicts a similar occurrence in these words: “The wide earth rang, and round about great heaven pealed as with a trumpet.” “The world all burns at the blast of the horn," is said in the Voluspa.

According to the Hebrew tradition, all the nations heard the roaring of the lawgiving. It appears that at Mount Sinai the sound that “sounded long" rose ten times; in this roaring the Hebrews heard the Decalogue.

Thou shall not kill (“Lo tirzah”);
    Thou shall not commit adultery (“Lo tin´af”);
    Thou shall not steal (“Lo tignov”)…

These words [of the Decalogue] were not heard by Israel alone, but by the inhabitants of all the earth. The Divine voice divided itself into the seventy tongues of men, so that all might understand it. The souls of the heathens almost fled from them when they heard it.“

The din caused by the groaning earth repeated itself again and again, but not so loud, as subterranean strata readjusted themselves after being dislocated; earthquakes incessantly shook the ground for years. The Papyrus lpuwer calls these years “years of noise." “Years of noise. There is no end to noise,” and again, “Oh, that the earth would cease from noise, and tumult (uproar) be no more.”
    The sound probably had the same pitch all over the world as it came from the deep interior of the earth, all of whose strata were dislocated when it was thrown from its orbit and forced from its axis.

The great king-lawgiver of China, in whose time a dreadful cataclysm took place and the order of nature was disturbed, bore the name Yahou. ln the Preface to the Shu King, attributed to Confucius, it is written: “Examining into antiquity, we find that the Emperor Yaou was called Fang-heun.” Yahou was a surname given to him in the time following the flood, apparently inspired by the sound of the earth's groaning.

The same sound was heard in those years in the Western Hemisphere or wherever the ancestors of the Indians then lived. They relate that once when the heavens were very close to the earth, all mankind lifted the sky little by little at the repeated shouting “Yahu," which rang all over the world.

In Indonesia an oath is accompanied by the invocation of the heavenly bodies. An arrow is shot toward the sky, “while all present raise a cry of ‘ju ju huwe.The same sound is heard in the very name Jo, Jove (Jupiter). The name Yahweh is preserved in shorter forms, as well, Yahou and Yo, as the name of the Diety in the Bible. Diodorus wrote of Moses that he had received his laws from the God invoked by the name lao.

ln Mexico, Yao or Yaotl is the god of war; the similarity of sound has already been noted.

(Immanuel Velikovsky, Worlds in collision, pp. 111-113, Paradigm Ltd., 2009 (1950))

Velikovsky also mentions (p. 181f) that Jupiter once "saved" earth from colliding with Venus. Jupiter has also many interesting names - Amon, Horus or Isis, Ishtar from early times and then Marduk and last - Baal.

So what is going on? Is the noise changing from windlike/airplanelike hums to metallike squeaking and very clear trumpetlike blasts? And why now - when Jupiter has been very near to us?

I certainly believe something is going on. With all the rumours about disclosure I absolutely think the sounds has something to do with this. There has, as you know, been alleged UFO sightings around Jupiter. Could these UFO´s come here being cloaked but still be making this sound???
    Last edited by Aurvandil; 20th January 2012 at 22:16. Reason: clearification to quote

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

MorningSong (25th January 2012), skamandar (23rd January 2012), steveofengland (26th January 2012)

10. Link to Post #146
    Thanks

Quote The approach of two charged globes toward each other could also produce trumpetlike sounds, varying as the distance between them increased or lessened.

You might ask why the sound is not heard simultaneously over the whole planet?
    Frej Fick Odens Visdom, Som Gjorde Bocken Till En Bra Man, En God Man, Med Goda Mänskior, Fylgior Och Valkyrior

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pagan For This Post:

HORIZONS (20th January 2012)

12. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pagan (here)
    Quote The approach of two charged globes toward each other could also produce trumpetlike sounds, varying as the distance between them increased or lessened.

You might ask why the sound is not heard simultaneously over the whole planet?
    Yes, that is strange but perhaps we are only in the beginning of this phenomena?
    Terveisiä Ruotsista - Greetings from Sweden to Finland!

13. Link to Post #148
    United States Avalon Member
    as part of the nothern hemisphere of the 3rd planet of the sol system in the milkyway and 3d for now
    Thanks

Some have said that these sounds are NOT being heard world wide...... What dont understand is you say u have not it yet you have....... It never says how it will be heard we are all hearing it does not matter if u walk out your door and hear it or you hear it on your computer you have heard it. Due to the internet it is heard world wide!!!!!!!!!!
    as i look back through the glowing embers that are the bridges in my life
    i get a fleating glimps of how green it is on the otherside
    and i know i can forge the river
    but the water is deep
    the current swift
    the river is wide
    and i
    i am terrified of drownding

original

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solosthere For This Post:

Sirius White (20th January 2012), skamandar (23rd January 2012)

15. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

http://the2012scenario.com/2012/01/e...als-you-decide

Quote Earth Sounds, Whale Song, Chanting from Gaia- Angels, Low Frequency Audio Signals …? You Decide
    2012 January 20
    tags: Disclosure, disinformation, Earth Changes, Weather Warfare
    Posted by BZ Riger
    Earth Sounds, Whale Song, Chanting from Gaia- Angels, Low Frequency Audio Signals …? You Decide

There have been lots of videos and news reports on the strange sounds that are being heard all over the globe. When I was sorting through the videos I wanted to find the source for each incident rather than compilation videos. I was also interested in finding news outlets reporting on these sounds and found a few from “banner-ed” news outlets like ITN and then several from alternative media outlet sources, including one from dutchsinse.

There were a couple of things that struck me as interesting. The initial videos are from all over the world covering a short date window from Jan 9-12, and the Hoax videos and just brushing these sounds off videos were circulated very quickly within a day of the initial crop of videos. When I listen to the videos I hear some where the sounds are like whale song, the audible decibel recording of what an elephant can hear through their feet and the ground, or a low register timpani or horn type wind instrument. What I found the best way to really “hear” and “listen” to these recordings was not to watch the video but to listen only with my headphones on. When I did that I cut out the distractions and could hear the nuance in the sounds.

Do I know what these sounds are? No. I have the sense they are not “man made” sounds that they are more wave form frequency sounds than what we would normally perceive and listen to. I spend a lot of my time listening, just listening and noticing (in general unrelated to these videos and their sounds). I take walks and can hear the trees and the stars breathe, there is a presence there and it connects with me. These “strange” sounds are much more pronounced that what I have a direct experience of listening to but it may be they come from a similar energy presence source vibration. Take a moment to Listen and see what you sense then keep your ears open and let us know if you hear sounds where you live.
    Then there are 20 videos, too many to embed here, but a good collection and worth taking a look at if this interests you.

16. Link to Post #150
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I've embedded two of the 20 from the above post here.
    This one was on the news in Costa Rica, but I don't understand Spanish.
    So can't tell you what the reporters are saying, but this one seems pretty credible.

This one has some reportage too, from something called Intelhub.com

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

S-L (20th January 2012), skamandar (23rd January 2012)

18. Link to Post #151
    United States Avalon Member
    as part of the nothern hemisphere of the 3rd planet of the sol system in the milkyway and 3d for now
    Thanks

I dont understand why they would say Jupiter as if it was would NASA not say something. What I find really distirbing is that in the US there has not been one story on the news about this. That would lead me to conclude that the media and the government know what the sound is and dont want to say or give an explaination because they would have to lie and then some1 may call them out on it. I see 3 possiblities 1 ther vibration of the earth is changing and this is part of it 2 i could see some1 saying jupiter if it was actually Nibaru 3 it is something the governments are doing either as an experiment or as a result of something they did and they are having unexpected after effects that they dont want to tell us about or there is one possibility that it maybe.... THE EARTH IS DOWN RIGHT P*$$#^ OFF AT US AND IS SICK OF CAUSING HER PAIN AND IS JUST SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever it is it is not normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    as i look back through the glowing embers that are the bridges in my life
    i get a fleating glimps of how green it is on the otherside
    and i know i can forge the river
    but the water is deep
    the current swift
    the river is wide
    and i
    i am terrified of drownding

original

19. Link to Post #152
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 times in 381 posts

Default Re: Strange sounds heard all around the world

Quote Posted by gooty64 (here)
    Maybe someone could start a thread to organize all of these strange sounds together. Over the past 6-8 months this happening quite often. All together these occurrences would carry more weight and paint a picture.

Excellent point!

I wrote to admin, 2 days ago, asking them to merge the(then) 4, now 5 threads about same subject.
    I even took the trouble of looking up each thread, copying & pasting the total link url, onto a doc, then sending a message.
    So far...nada!? Wonder why my reasonable request has been ignored?
    'F.E.A.R.' - is an acronym = 'False Expectations Appearing Real'

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CeltMan For This Post:

21. Link to Post #153
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

They might just be busy.

Another site I looked into these on intimated that it's a new form of Mind Control and went into some rather hard to believe details about what it's supposed to do to people , including loosening the soul where it attaches to the body? And talked about the lower part of the brain, being that spot and lower neurons etc. Far as I have been told, that's NOT where the soul attaches. And, I am not sure I entirely believe this 'idea'. As I have been told through very reliable sources that some of these are of Off World origins, but others it's possibly it's natural earth sounds as we're getting lots of earth quakes, then there are the HAARP machines, and any other number of things that could be causing it. Is it a new fangled form of mind control? Hard to say.....
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

22. Link to Post #154
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

Sounds from Malaysia

23. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I messaged the Mods about a merge and heard back from Dawn, who indicated they were very busy.
    Don't know why, as there's not that much going on on PA recently, but they do know about it, anyway.

24. Link to Post #156
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That's two vids I am aware of that featured the weird sounds being caught on tape and played on mainstream news.
    So it's not all a hoax, it would appear.

25. Link to Post #157
    United States Avalon Member drizzt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by solosthere (here)
    I dont understand why they would say Jupiter as if it was would NASA not say something. What I find really distirbing is that in the US there has not been one story on the news about this. That would lead me to conclude that the media and the government know what the sound is and dont want to say or give an explaination because they would have to lie and then some1 may call them out on it. I see 3 possiblities 1 ther vibration of the earth is changing and this is part of it 2 i could see some1 saying jupiter if it was actually Nibaru 3 it is something the governments are doing either as an experiment or as a result of something they did and they are having unexpected after effects that they dont want to tell us about or there is one possibility that it maybe.... THE EARTH IS DOWN RIGHT P*$$#^ OFF AT US AND IS SICK OF CAUSING HER PAIN AND IS JUST SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever it is it is not normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how about a black hole sucking space from the universe and it is passing the earth making the sound?

26. Link to Post #158
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

I can say it's impossible of being Nibiru, that planet...was blown up / destroyed back in 2003.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

27. Link to Post #159
    Thanks

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Weird...

quote...
    A trumpet sound (best described as the trumpet noise Christopher Nolan seemed to be in love with in Inception) has been heard again all over the world, leaving millions to wonder where the sound is coming from.

angel-trumpetWhile strange, off putting, and just a tad ominous (especially with all the Apocalyptic fervor surrounding the 2012 myths) this is not the first time that the horns have been heard.

Reports have been pouring in from the four corners of the Earth, claiming to have heard this same mysterious sound since August of 2011 (the reports seemed to died down some time in October of 2011 with them recently starting to crop back up).

Check out these videos featuring the noise…

Others claim the sound to be the thrusters from an enormous alien mothership as it passes over a city/area (this video is supported by Video 5). Needless to say, those who dreamed up this nutty explanation claim that the alien mothership is making this noise while cruising along cloaked by some sort of invisibility field.

There are some (admittedly, these are those who have just **** for an imagination) who feel that the noise could be an earthquake or some other geological release of subterranean pressure.

And of course, you can’t do an unexplained phenomenon story without the “this is total bull****” crowd making sure we all know that they know that this is nothing more than some lonely asshole’s cries for attention (these guys, I might add, suck)…

While we might never know what it is causing that noise (unless, of course, either this is an alien invasion or all Hell is loosed upon the Earth…) we at The Weekly Constitutional will be sure to let you know of anything the second we hear about it (Because while there seem to be as many theories as there are witnesses, strangely absent from the above listing of explanations is the World’s governments thoughts on the matter).

more vids here...
    http://www.theweeklyconstitutional.c...ound-the-world

viking
    Hi, Viking, haven't been on the forum in a long time...anyway, do you remember the remake of War of the Worlds when the Tripods started coming up out of the earth at various spots? If someone else has already mentioned this, please forgive. I'm only half way through this thread right now. Linda

28. Link to Post #160
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

Quote Posted by DreamsInDigital (here)
    I can say it's impossible of being Nibiru, that planet...was blown up / destroyed back in 2003.
    can you explain?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 8 15 LastLast