+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: Distilled water for health and awakening...

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

Default Distilled water for health and awakening...

Worth a watch/listen...

John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some testimonials of my distant healing

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

Gall Bladder AND Liver flushing
    Taking the Piss Your Own Perfect Medicine

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

annacherie (20th May 2012), Camilo (19th June 2012), Carolin (6th June 2012), cloud9 (4th June 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), East Sun (13th May 2012), jorr lundstrom (10th May 2012), Kendall (4th June 2012), ljwheat (10th May 2012), mab777 (5th June 2012), meat suit (27th November 2012), nearing (10th May 2012), penn (11th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (10th May 2012), soleil (15th March 2013), toothpick (20th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), unearth9 (12th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Distilled water for health and awakening...

I'm brewing my first batch of distilled water, now. All because of Andrew Norton Webber.

I took some notes from the Lisa Harrison's YouTube with Andrew Norton Webber. For anyone interested, I'll share them if you promises not to hold me to the rules of grammar and such.

Andrew Norton Webber - “The Water’s of Life: the Literal Fountain of Youth”.

The Water of Life will reveal the hidden senses. (higher states of consciousness) WATER IS THE CARRIER OF LIFE/LIGHT

Water won’t let inorganic matter settle in these “machines” (body) because it is magnetically attracted to it. The simple mechanics of water is that it’s negatively charged molecules. And every single garbage, dirt, debris, parasites, pathogens, that are not suppose to be in your body have a positive electrical charge to them. And we all know that in the electrical world that opposite attract. So with that river going through you, it stays in solution - it can’t settle. (joints, muscles...)

These are the original cleaning instructions for the human body: fruit juices, distilled water, urine, or precipitation such as rain water. We are gray and ashen because we are full of junk. Distilled water is the answer for prevention and removal because it’s magnetically attracted to all garbage.

Distilled water completely cleans out the body and removes the cause of all health problems. Pure water is 0 parts per million = distilled water. The crux of the whole issue is are they organic or inorganic minerals? Only inorganic minerals that are conductive or harmful to electricity, therefore the goal is 0 parts per million.

All I’m really offering is the original cleaning instructions for the human body. Doctors focus on removing symptoms and not removing the cause of the symptoms. That’s all distilled water does - it focuses on removing the cause magnetically attracted to all garbage.

Dr. Handley -http://drhandley.com/articles.html

As our body begins to age, there are several things that happen:
    - cells don't produce as well
    - body doesn't digest as well
    - body does not absorb as well
    - body does not eliminate as well
    - areas of the body begin to feel pain and have sore spots

One of the major causes of pain is the over consumption of grain in older people. It is softer, easier to eat and appears to be more easily digested. Well the true reality is that it is no benefit to the aging body at all and leaves an acidic residue that gets deposited in the joints which is the number one reason for arthritic pain.

"…distilled water does not take a single thing out of the body that the body needs. It never takes anything out of a cell. Everything that is cellularly locked remains within the body, but it is the greatest tool in the world for cleaning out the bloodstream, which is the only function water really has...to wash out, cleanse and purify the bloodstream..

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of drinking distilled water for cleansing the blood stream, for reducing arthritic pain and lowering blood pressure. It has also been known to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides. In fact, the only effect on the body is health.

Distilled water has been evaporated into a vapor, split apart into a molecule of hydrogen and oxygen, turning them into a gas that rises up in to the atmosphere, then cooled back down and condensed back in to water. The same process happens in a distillery when it distills water. It heats up the water in to a gas, all the impurities are left behind, all the waste products are left behind, then it is condensed and turned back into pure water and becomes the ultimate pure water because of one very important factor that is not present in any other water...it is molecularly unstable. It means that when it goes in your bloodstream it breaks apart easier and latches on to debris, waste products and unwanted materials that are floating around in your bloodstream."

As people quit drinking rainwater, cardiovascular diseases went up. When the blood vascular system is clean you have less headaches, you have less pain, you have more oxygen and nutrients available for the body and more healing capacity for the body.

It has been almost twenty years ago, his pain was excruciating. We put him on the detoxification program, took him off of all grain in his diet, instructed him to eat only fruit, vegetables, protein and meat products, and put him on distilled water every half hour while he was awake. It is hard to believe a month later this same man was out working in his garden having the time of his life.

There are rules of thumb on how much water to drink. The rule of thumb on a normal day is one half your body weight in ounces per day. If you are sweating and exerting yourself you should drink more. We have a tendency to grab pop, coffee, Kool-Aid and juices, but we need to get back to the habit of grabbing distilled water.

WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 11th July 2012 at 17:25.

4. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

brenie (13th May 2012), Chucky (10th May 2012), dAkapacity (4th June 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), Ecnal61 (11th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), genevieve (9th August 2012), Heart-2-Heart (10th May 2012), Icare (4th August 2023), intruth (10th May 2012), Kendall (4th June 2012), ljwheat (10th May 2012), lookbeyond (20th June 2012), mab777 (5th June 2012), modini (24th July 2022), nearing (10th May 2012), Nickolai (29th November 2012), Ol' Roy (10th May 2012), penn (10th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (10th May 2012), red_rose (20th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), schneider (20th May 2012), sigma6 (19th May 2012), silversue (14th December 2012), soleil (15th March 2013), Sunlite (24th June 2012), toothpick (20th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), unearth9 (12th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

I've been drinking distilled water on and off for many years starting about 30 years ago. A while back I became more convinced that distilled water is potentially quite harmful. I didn't get around to buying the type of water filter I really want but will HAVE to order it this week. Today my water distiller broke! While trying to fix it I made it MUCH worse to the point of being irreparable. LOL... It was probably a big favor since it's forcing me to finally buy a good water filter. I've been a proponent of distilled water for so long it's been a bit difficult for me to say "I think I was wrong." But I do like to laugh at myself so it's ok.

After extensive research I'm going to buy a Berkey water filter:
    http://www.directive21.com/big-berke...r-filters.html

One of the best books I've read about water is "The Hidden Messages in Water" by Masaru Emoto. His opinion and several other opinions of distilled water are in this article:

Drinking Distilled Water - Is It Healthy or Not?
    http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/d...led-water.html

Quote Japanese researcher, Dr. Masaru Emoto, showed how distillation destroys the natural crystalline structure of water in his numerous studies.

When the innate structure of water is destroyed it makes the water essentially useless to the body. Thus, the Japanese scientists refer to distilled water as “dead water.
    Here is an article from Dr. Mercola's website that addresses the potential dangers of distilled water:

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water
    http://www.mercola.com/article/water...lled_water.htm

During nearly 19 years of clinical practice I have had the opportunity to observe the health effects of drinking different types of water. Most of you would agree that drinking unfiltered tap water could be hazardous to your health because of things like

parasites
    chlorine
    fluoride
    dioxins
    Many health fanatics, however, are often surprised to hear me say that drinking distilled water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous.

Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of distilled water in the 1970's when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated and the vapour condensed. Distilled water is free of dissolved minerals and, because of this, has the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from the body and eliminate them. Studies validate the benefits of drinking distilled water when one is seeking to cleanse or detoxify the system for short periods of time (a few weeks at a time).

Fasting using distilled water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes.

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

The most toxic commercial beverages that people consume (i.e. cola beverages and other soft drinks) are made from distilled water. Studies have consistently shown that heavy consumers of soft drinks (with or without sugar) spill huge amounts of calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals into the urine.

The more mineral loss, the greater the risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally associated with premature aging.

A growing number of health care practitioners and scientists from around the world have been advocating the theory that aging and disease is the direct result of the accumulation of acid waste products in the body.

There is a great deal of scientific documentation that supports such a theory. A poor diet may be partially to blame for the waste accumulation.

These and other junk foods can cause the body to become more acidic:

meats
    sugar
    alcohol
    fried foods
    soft drinks
    processed foods
    white flour products
    dairy products
    Stress, whether mental or physical can lead to acid deposits in the body.

There is a correlation between the consumption of soft water (distilled water is extremely soft) and the incidence of cardiovascular disease. Cells, tissues and organs do not like to be dipped in acid and will do anything to buffer this acidity including the removal of minerals from the skeleton and the manufacture of bicarbonate in the blood.

The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume distilled water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies.

Those who supplement their distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-distilled water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

The ideal water for the human body should be slightly alkaline and this requires the presence of minerals like

calcium
    magnesium
    Distilled water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of distilled water is a bad idea.

Water filtered through reverse osmosis tends to be neutral and is acceptable for regular use provided minerals are supplemented.

Water filtered through a solid charcoal filter is slightly alkaline. Ozonation of this charcoal filtered water is ideal for daily drinking. Longevity is associated with the regular consumption of hard water (high in minerals). Disease and early death is more likely to be seen with the long term drinking of distilled water.

Avoid it except in special circumstances.

6. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Arrowwind (10th May 2012), avid (12th May 2012), Ceedub (18th June 2012), cheez_2806 (23rd June 2012), dAkapacity (4th June 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), DoubleHelix (10th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), genevieve (9th August 2012), intruth (16th May 2012), jorr lundstrom (10th May 2012), ljwheat (10th May 2012), lookbeyond (20th June 2012), mab777 (5th June 2012), meeradas (10th May 2012), modwiz (10th May 2012), Rainbowbrite (10th May 2012), red_rose (20th May 2012), RMorgan (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), schneider (20th May 2012), seko (10th May 2012), silversue (14th December 2012), The Truth Is In There (12th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), unearth9 (12th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Yes, Andrew Norton Webber said that Dr Mercola´s article - in his interview with Lisa M Harrison - has unfortunately done a lot to invalidate the benefits of distilled water .. because of his high profile.

But, Webber's substance in this field has convinced me. I am seriously on the distilled journey now .. and feel the effects after only 10 days. It is truly remarkable.

I am interested to now invest in a distller .. I have always had water filters but not a distillation unit. So, please share any more suggestions on that, I would be grateful.

Zebra

p.s. if you have not see this documentary .. it is a must

Last edited by Debra; 10th May 2012 at 04:28.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

gaiagirl (10th May 2012), jorr lundstrom (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), schneider (20th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), unearth9 (12th May 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

I have been drinking my own distilled water for a decade now. It's wonderful.

Mercola gets most things right but he he is dead wrong on this. Pure H2O doesn't do the body ANY harm, on th contrary, it is what th body craves.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Connecting with Sauce (11th May 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), Nickolai (29th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), unearth9 (12th May 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

I'm drinking KangenWater from Enagics machine SD501. It produces filtered, ionized and microclustered but NOT distilled water. My distributor Monica Leal referring to her own "sickness/health-story" recommends to NOT drink distilled water. Now i caught Lymedisease in late summer but just had the diagnose some days ago so the tremendous healthbenefits i had since i started to drink KangenWater in feb. 2010 are gone but it might had been worse had i not been drinking it.
    Last edited by transiten; 10th May 2012 at 07:46.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

cheez_2806 (23rd June 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), schneider (20th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

I wont drink distilled water either.
    Face it. Humanity did not evolve by catching rain drops.
    They drank off of springs, creeks, rivers and lakes.
    None of that is distilled.
    But highly energized from playing with the earth mother.

Look into Photonic water.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

annieVee (10th May 2012), Ceedub (18th June 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), Hughe (10th May 2012), mab777 (5th June 2012), mahalall (21st June 2012), seko (10th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by Zebra (here)
    Yes, Andrew Norton Webber said that Dr Mercola´s article - in his interview with Lisa M Harrison - has unfortunately done a lot to invalidate the benefits of distilled water .. because of his high profile.

But, Webber's substance in this field has convinced me. I am seriously on the distilled journey now .. and feel the effects after only 10 days. It is truly remarkable.

I am interested to now invest in a distller .. I have always had water filters but not a distillation unit. So, please share any more suggestions on that, I would be grateful.

Zebra

You might look on Ebay as there are lots of distillers at good prices. The distiller I have that just broke is a Waterwise 9000. It was really great for the last 10-12 years.
    This is the one I had: http://www.waterwise.com/productcart/pc/9000.asp
    The price is $399. I just looked on Ebay and there are a couple for about $250, same distiller: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

If you want a larger distiller the Midi distiller by Pure Water Inc. is an excellent one. I still have one I purchased at least 25 years ago which has a 3 gallon storage tank and is all stainless steel. It cost around $1700. We used it for many years. It still works but I'm going to go ahead and try the Berkey Filter. One thing I like about the Berkey is that it uses no electricity - just gravity - and it can even purify dirty lake or river water. It would be great in any kind of situation where electric is not available.....like post apocalyptic! LOL...

I'm not positive now if distilled is good, bad or what. As I said, I was convinced for years and I researched it for many years. A lot of us who were heavily into raw food diets, fasting, juice diets and heavy cleansing in the 80's and 90's were totally sold on distilled water. Now the arguments on both sides seem equally convincing but I am leaning towards Dr. Mercola's arguments. I guess it's just a matter of going with what seems good to you at the moment, like anything.

I had an Enagic and drank Kangen water for a year then decided to get rid of it last year and went back to distilling. I really didn't notice any changes at all with drinking Kangen water. Now I'll try the filtered water and if I don't ultimately like that I can always go back to using my big Midi distiller or buy another small one. Really good pure spring water may be the most healthy water of all.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Ceedub (18th June 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), Ecnal61 (11th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), meeradas (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), schneider (20th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Photonic Water as promoted by our good friend Adam Abraham in the video on this site
    http://www.photonicwater.com/

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Debra (10th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), lookbeyond (20th June 2012), NancyV (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

The water in the body requires fairly constant levels of various electrolytes, such as the right forms of sodium,, potassium, calsium, magnesium and sulfur. If you drink water with too high a concentration of one of these, your body will use it's existing water stores to dilute it. That's why you don't want to drink sea water if you're lost at sea. If you drink water with too low concentrations of one of these, you body will pull the needed mineral from whatever stores it has, such as your bones, in order to bring the level up to what it requires.

Drinking distilled water should be OK, I figure, so long as one consumes in some other way these needed electrolytes in sufficient quantity to keep your body well supplied.

A home distiller will not remove volatile compounds that turn to gas (boil) along with the water. These compounds will be trapped by the condenser in the distiller and included in the output water. That's one of the reasons that home distillers include carbon filters as well. Nature's distiller (evaporation, clouds and rain) doesn't trap volatile compounds, so that's not a problem there.

Personally I have several stages of water filtering. My water supply is city water with chlorine, flouride, and lord knows what else in it. My drinking water goes through four main stages:
    • A whole house filter, which looks like a second hot water heater, containing perhaps 50 pounds of an activated filter material that pulls out the chlorine. It is good to remove the chlorine from one's shower/bath water as well as from one's drinking water.
    • An under the sink reverse osmosis filter, which removes most, not all, of the dissolved solids including most of the flourides. It has carbon pre and post filters, which remove any remaining volatile compounds that made it through the whole house filter.
    • A counter top distiller which removes the remaining solids and flouride.
    • Remineralize the water with a splash of Willard's Water and a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt.
    There may be benefits to properly structured water ... but I haven't become aware of them yet .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Anchor (16th May 2012), annieVee (10th May 2012), Ceedub (18th June 2012), danceblackcatdance (10th May 2012), Debra (10th May 2012), meeradas (10th May 2012), modini (24th July 2022), NancyV (10th May 2012), nearing (10th May 2012), PurpleLama (10th May 2012), RMorgan (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), seko (10th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    Quote Posted by Zebra (here)

Zebra

You might look on Ebay as there are lots of distillers at good prices. The distiller I have that just broke is a Waterwise 9000. It was really great for the last 10-12 years.
    This is the one I had: http://www.waterwise.com/productcart/pc/9000.asp
    The price is $399. I just looked on Ebay and there are a couple for about $250, same distiller: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

If you want a larger distiller the Midi distiller by Pure Water Inc. is an excellent one. I still have one I purchased at least 25 years ago which has a 3 gallon storage tank and is all stainless steel. It cost around $1700. We used it for many years. It still works but I'm going to go ahead and try the Berkey Filter. One thing I like about the Berkey is that it uses no electricity - just gravity - and it can even purify dirty lake or river water. It would be great in any kind of situation where electric is not available.....like post apocalyptic! LOL...

I'm not positive now if distilled is good, bad or what. As I said, I was convinced for years and I researched it for many years. A lot of us who were heavily into raw food diets, fasting, juice diets and heavy cleansing in the 80's and 90's were totally sold on distilled water. Now the arguments on both sides seem equally convincing but I am leaning towards Dr. Mercola's arguments. I guess it's just a matter of going with what seems good to you at the moment, like anything.

I had an Enagic and drank Kangen water for a year then decided to get rid of it last year and went back to distilling. I really didn't notice any changes at all with drinking Kangen water. Now I'll try the filtered water and if I don't ultimately like that I can always go back to using my big Midi distiller or buy another small one. Really good pure spring water may be the most healthy water of all.
    Nancy that's interesting! You didn't have ANY benefits from drinking KangenWater? Are you sure the machine is from Enagic and not a copy??? There are many out there on the market that say they can produce the same water for half the prize and that's simply not true.

As for me i got rid of my tendency to constipation and was amazed every time i went TLOO. I also lost 5kg in 2 months (but i wasn't overwight to begin with) and a lot of cellulites since i suddenly had tons of energy and felt i had not been as vital since i was 25 (I was 60 when i started) Perhaps you are a very healthy person from the beginning? And all these testimonies from pple drinking this water....should it only be lies??? I don't get it....
    Last edited by transiten; 10th May 2012 at 07:57.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Debra (10th May 2012), gaiagirl (10th May 2012), NancyV (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Healthy mature water is alive and full of minerals. Distilled water will pull minerals from the human body to grow itself, therefore leaching a body of minerals if this is the only water ingested! A very dangerous practice. Read Victor Schelbergers (sorry spelling)" Living Energies" to learn of the properties of water.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

13th Warrior (10th May 2012), NancyV (10th May 2012), Russ1959 (11th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    There may be benefits to properly structured water ... but I haven't become aware of them yet .
    ? as in naturally flowing water in a brook?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Debra (10th May 2012), NancyV (10th May 2012), RMorgan (10th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

The water in the body requires fairly constant levels of various electrolytes, such as the right forms of sodium,, potassium, calsium, magnesium and sulfur. If you drink water with too high a concentration of one of these, your body will use it's existing water stores to dilute it. That's why you don't want to drink sea water if you're lost at sea. If you drink water with too low concentrations of one of these, you body will pull the needed mineral from whatever stores it has, such as your bones, in order to bring the level up to what it requires.

Drinking distilled water should be OK, I figure, so long as one consumes in some other way these needed electrolytes in sufficient quantity to keep your body well supplied.

A home distiller will not remove volatile compounds that turn to gas (boil) along with the water. These compounds will be trapped by the condenser in the distiller and included in the output water. That's one of the reasons that home distillers include carbon filters as well. Nature's distiller (evaporation, clouds and rain) doesn't trap volatile compounds, so that's not a problem there.

Personally I have several stages of water filtering. My water supply is city water with chlorine, flouride, and lord knows what else in it. My drinking water goes through four main stages:
    • A whole house filter, which looks like a second hot water heater, containing perhaps 50 pounds of an activated filter material that pulls out the chlorine. It is good to remove the chlorine from one's shower/bath water as well as from one's drinking water.
    • An under the sink reverse osmosis filter, which removes most, not all, of the dissolved solids including most of the flourides. It has carbon pre and post filters, which remove any remaining volatile compounds that made it through the whole house filter.
    • A counter top distiller which removes the remaining solids and flouride.
    • Remineralize the water with a splash of Willard's Water and a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt.
    It is my understanding, after reading a fair amount about Willard's water, that one of the big benefits of WW is that it structures it. It has been 20 years since reading it, but that is my recall.

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    ? as in naturally flowing water in a brook?
    Exactly meerads. The thing is that when water comes to "civilization" it's natural hexagonal structure is destroyed and becomes pentagonal and cannot carry as much oxygen. Also the molecules cling together and do not penetrate the cells as effective for cleansing of toxins and leverage of nutritions. As we are all "acid" from environmentral pollution, from what we eat and stress we need high level ionized water.

The SD501 KangenWatermachine restructures the hexagonal structure, reduces the grouping of molecules to 3-4 and ionozes the water. There's also a highgrade filter that removes whatever shouldn't be there.
    Last edited by transiten; 10th May 2012 at 10:54.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Debra (10th May 2012), NancyV (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012), WhiteFeather (10th May 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

all of the planet's water is becoming quite radioactive -- water moves around a lot, in clouds & rain etc

31. Link to Post #17
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    Healthy mature water is alive and full of minerals. Distilled water will pull minerals from the human body to grow itself, therefore leaching a body of minerals if this is the only water ingested! A very dangerous practice. Read Victor Schelbergers (sorry spelling)" Living Energies" to learn of the properties of water.
    After decades spent studying this subject, I implore all of you to take Carmen's advice. You will do nothing but leach minerals from your bones by consuming distilled water. It is not natural! How does raging osteoporosis sound; or perhaps kidney stones?

To the best of my knowledge, all commercially available soft drinks and beers are made with distilled water, so consume them at your (informed) peril, unless you supplement to offset the drain on your bodies natural balance.

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,977 times in 5,652 posts

Interesting, 2 Different Perspectives on Distilled Water. Gonna weigh this one out. I have heard of The Kangen Water Machine..... they say that water is very healthy to consume. Not to sure about Distilled water. Worth a research here though. Good topic.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 10th May 2012 at 12:10.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Debra (10th May 2012), Lefty Dave (12th May 2012), meeradas (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), transiten (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012)

34. Link to Post #19
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I think most soft drinks use triple filtered water. Distilling would be a costlier method for production. An accounting and maximizing profits, no-no.

Click image for larger version

Name:	butterbeer.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	16226
    Ingredients: Purified carbonated water, cane sugar, vanilla extract, natural caramel, natural flavors, stevia rebaudiana leaf extract.

Not exactly your average soft drink!
    Last edited by modwiz; 10th May 2012 at 12:35.

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Interesting, 2 Different Perspectives on Distilled Water. Gonna weigh this one out. I have heard of The Kangen Water Machine..... they say that water is very healthy to consume. Not to sure about Distilled water. Worth a research here though. Good topic.
    Kangen means "back to the source"/"origin" in Japanese.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Debra (10th May 2012), meeradas (10th May 2012), RunningDeer (10th May 2012), Turcurulin (10th May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast