+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 5 15 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

The feminine SMear campaign happened wayyyy before Mary....What is the "first" story we are told...hummm... that EVE I tell u what- evil B. Who does she think she is ruining all of mans creation? LOL!!!
    And so began the foundation of the HARMONIOUS relationship between A MAN AND A WOMEN. <------------sarcasm ofcourse
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Alecs (3rd August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), johnf (31st July 2013), Joseph McAree (22nd September 2013), norman (31st July 2013), seko (1st August 2013), skippy (31st July 2013), spiritwind (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), ulli (31st July 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

The real Johnny Cash: Lift up the receiver, I'll make you believer ..

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

CD7 (31st July 2013), chocolate (31st July 2013), Intraphase (12th September 2013), Joseph McAree (22nd September 2013), Roisin (21st August 2013), The Alley Cat (20th February 2014), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

Quote Posted by ThresholdRising (here)
    Quote Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom." This stuck out to me in relation to what I was talking about earlier.
    Love percieved everything undividedly through unified perception?
    We are suffering from a split mind... left side of the brain male and the right side female. This is directly correlated to the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. The Left pillar is male (severity) and the right is female (mercy). The goal is to take the middle path, to be impaled upon the tree, to seek the "narrow road".... etc. When we unify our consciousness we will attain the "kingdom of God"....

Peter Novak has a very interesting take on this called the "Binary Soul Doctrine"...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

ATYT (5th August 2013), chocolate (31st July 2013), Delight (31st July 2013), heyokah (2nd August 2013), Joseph McAree (22nd September 2013), LahTera (31st July 2013), Roisin (21st August 2013), spiritwind (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by buares (here)
    -------------------------

Mary […] said unto Jesus: "My Lord and Saviour, of what manner then are [B]the four-and-twenty invisibles[/B] and of what type, or rather of what quality are they, or of what quality is then their light?"

And Jesus answered and said unto Mary: "[…] The four-and-twenty invisibles shine ten-thousand times more than the light of the sun which is in this world […]But the light of the sun in its shape in truth, which is in the region of the Virgin of Light, shineth ten-thousand times more than the four-and-twenty invisibles […]" (Pistis Sophia
    , c.83/84)

----------------------------

Mary Magdalene came forward again, continued and said unto Jesus: "My Lord, in what type will be those who have received the mystery of the Light, in the midst of the last Helper?"

And Jesus answered and said unto Mary in the midst of the disciples: "They who have received the mystery of the Light, if they come out of the body of the matter of the rulers, then will every one be in his order according to the mystery which he hath received. Those who have received the higher mysteries, will abide in the higher order; those who have received the lower mysteries will be in the lower orders. In a word, up to what region every one hath received mysteries, there will he abide in his order in the Inheritance of the Light. For which cause I have said unto you aforetime: 'Where your heart is, there will your treasure be,'--that is up to what region every one hath received mysteries, there shall he be." (Pistis Sophia, c.90)
    Excellent , Thank you. Do you have a link for this information. The four and twenty invisible's are who i refer to in this thread. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-A-revelation

I am in transit working away from home at this moment, Hence great internet connections but all my research is tucked away in my caravan back home. In the early Celtic Church before the Roman Catholic times, Woman were priestesses. Priests had the choice to be celibate or to marry. A book i can recommend is
    "Sun and Cross"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sun-Cross-Me...=sun+and+cross

This thread is very important on a consciousness and energetic level for all of humanity. The reason as some have already expressed in this thread is that those who wish to control humanity fear the energetic consciousness potential of humanity. As is Jesus's true teachings.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

I'd like to summarize my own view -- which is provisional and ongoing -- of the reality of who Jesus was, taught and stood for. It may be the most important story of our times, but for different reasons than are commonly accepted.

Some of what I list below is quite well-known, and some of it comes from my own personal research. This continues all the time.

[*]None of that means that Jesus did not exist. It's just further confirmation of the distractions.
    • Hence all the Gnostic teachings (which were also at that time very old, and not something new at all). But the Gnostic teachings were also a major threat to those in power, and had to be eradicated. The reason was because these teachings supported individuals in becoming more powerful, sovereign and inviolate. Even now, we are fighting exactly the same battles.

• Summary: we're still in with a chance.

A stain glassed window on a wee island in Scotland depicting Jesus and Mary Magdalene.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	530203_473946799302570_873639375_n.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	22197

Thank you Bill.

Peace to all.

Edit

Mary is with child and Notice the hand hold.
    Last edited by Billy; 31st July 2013 at 21:09.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

8. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

4evrneo (1st August 2013), amandapoet (3rd August 2013), Atlas (1st August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), chocolate (31st July 2013), Christine (1st August 2013), Chuck_M (13th February 2016), golden lady (1st August 2013), gripreaper (1st August 2013), Iloveyou (10th November 2014), InTheBackground (31st January 2014), karelia (2nd August 2013), LahTera (31st July 2013), M6* (8th October 2013), risveglio (12th August 2013), spiritwind (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), Tintin (16th July 2022), Whiskey_Mystic (1st August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

With a lot of respect, EVE from the stories is a symbolic representation, while the Real Mary was more of a living person. And also, OUR conditioning makes EVE look as the source of misfortune for mankind, while the actual story paints a different picture.

I think the feminine side of the creation is very, very powerful which would explain the attempts to suppress it in the age of the male dominance. And as we very well know, the one who wins the war writes the history, so no wonder.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Another1 (1st August 2013), Billy (1st August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

-------

Dear All,

My thanks once more for all your very high quality contributions. This is becoming a very valuable thread.

Here are two links to a collection of the following books, articles and videos.

Please use the sendspace link as priority, as this will keep load off the Avalon server.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cdelfa
    or
    https://projectavalon.net/Jesus_and_...and_videos.zip

Zip file contents (137 Mb):
    • James M. Robinson - The Nag Hammadi Library - 1990.pdf
    • Jean-Yves Leloup - The Gospel of Philip, Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and the Gnosis of Sacred Union - 2004.pdf
    • Susan Haskins - Mary Magdalen: Myth and Metaphor - 1995.pdf
    • The Real Mary Magdalene - documentary extract.mov
    • Mariamne the Master.mov
    • Laurence Gardner - The Magdalene Legacy: The Jesus and Mary Bloodline Conspiracy - 2007.pdf
    • Rosemary Poole-Carter - Women of Magdalene - 2007.pdf
    • Karen L King - The Gospel of Mary of Magdala: Jesus and the First Woman Apostle - 2003.pdf
    • Excerpt from "The Gospel of Mary of Magdala" by Karen L. King.pdf
    • The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene.pdf
    • Michael Baigent - The Jesus Papers: Exposing the Greatest Cover-Up in History - 2006.pdf
    • Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, Henry Lincoln - Holy Blood, Holy Grail - 2004.pdf
    • Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh - The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception - 1993.pdf
    • Bart D. Ehrman - Peter, Paul, and Mary Magdalene: The Followers of Jesus in History and Legend - 2006.pdf
    • Bart D. Ehrman - Truth and Fiction in The Da Vinci Code: A Historian Reveals What We Really Know about Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Constantine - 2004.pdf
    • Bruce Chilton - Mary Magdalene: A Biography - 2006.pdf
    • Laurence Gardner - Bloodline of the Holy Grail: The Hidden Lineage of Jesus Revealed - 1996.pdf
    • Jay Weidner - Rise of the Archons.pdf

Personal notes:
    • I'd highly recommend reading THE JESUS PAPERS by Michael Baigent (especially Chapters 2 and 13, which contain extraordinary material).
    • The brief (4 mins) video interview with THE LOST TOMB OF JESUS film-maker Simcha Jacobovici (Mariamne the Master.mov) is extremely good value for a short clip.
    • Two books in the collection which are of great importance are THE NAG HAMMADI SCROLLS (the entire translated collection), and of course HOLY BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL.
    • Jay Weidner's article RISE OF THE ARCHONS is from his website, in turn a transcript from a radio interview with Jeff Rense. It's a very valuable, succinct summary of the likely situation.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Tintin; 16th July 2022 at 09:03. Reason: fixed zip link to https://

12. The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (31st July 2013), AlaBil (31st July 2013), Alecs (3rd August 2013), alexandra (1st August 2013), Antagenet (7th September 2019), araucaria (1st August 2013), Atlas (1st August 2013), avid (1st August 2013), Billy (1st August 2013), birddog (1st August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), chocolate (1st August 2013), Christine (1st August 2013), Chuck_M (13th February 2016), Conchis (1st August 2013), Czarek (1st August 2013), fifi (1st August 2013), gaiagirl (2nd August 2013), golden lady (1st August 2013), gripreaper (1st August 2013), Iloveyou (10th November 2014), Ivanhoe (1st August 2013), Joseph McAree (1st August 2013), kanishk (2nd August 2013), karelia (2nd August 2013), Katyani (1st August 2013), LeeEllisMusic (1st August 2013), Mark (1st August 2013), Maunagarjana (1st August 2013), misfit312 (29th August 2013), nomadguy (1st August 2013), norman (31st July 2013), peterspm (5th August 2013), Prodigal Son (1st August 2013), rezboom (31st July 2013), Roisin (21st August 2013), RunningDeer (1st August 2013), seko (1st August 2013), Sophocles (31st July 2013), Soulboy (3rd August 2013), swoods_blue (11th February 2014), The Alley Cat (20th February 2014), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), Tintin (16th July 2022), toothpick (6th August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013), yuhui (1st August 2013)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member LahTera's Avatar
    Thanks

I had to go read the Gospel of Mary after reading this. Rather suspicious how the pages are missing just when it gets interesting -- just when Mary's explaining the knowledge given by Jesus.

I sure hope we find the missing pages.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

birddog (1st August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

As above, so below. I find it rather interesting that galactic clusters look a lot like the neurons in a human brain. Just a note.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

CD7 (31st July 2013), Sophocles (31st July 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Full body vibrations? I've been feeling vibrations in my body and I've been assuming it's due to my neck injury. I'm not allowed to start threads yet ... is there any way we could chat about this? Thanks!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

4evrneo (31st July 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

I mentioned in a previous comment on this thread that the Dead Sea Scrolls moved me to write a poem. Given your comment, I'll risk sharing.

The Key
    ~ August 25, 2001

Grains of sand in Mother Earth
    Water drops in land and sea
    Thoughts expand and they give birth
    To INDIVIDUALITY.

Separate bodies, connected souls
    Experience life, no secrets told.

Knowledge, it has been withheld,
    Stories told by tongue and song,
    Archetypes, they have been veiled,
    Their memories are too far gone.

Now we have a starting place
    In which we frolic blind.
    Chaos reigns in time and space
    As choices of each mind.

We're all one and all the same
    On different paths and different planes.

Every failure is a blessing,
    Every disadvantage gold.
    One has not to keep on guessing!
    Allow your conscience to unfold.

Is it wrong or is it right?
    Do I teach or do I fight?

Here will happen all mistakes
    Hard lessons will be learned.
    To get back into Heaven's Gates,
    Each soul must sow its turn.

I do believe that I have found
    What just might be the key,
    Not in the sky, not in the ground,
    It's locked in UNITY

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Alecs (3rd August 2013), Another1 (1st August 2013), Billy (1st August 2013), CD7 (31st July 2013), Christine (1st August 2013), Delight (1st August 2013), fourty-two (16th November 2013), Heart-2-Heart (1st August 2013), Intraphase (12th September 2013), karelia (2nd August 2013), Roisin (21st August 2013), sigma6 (7th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

21. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Mahatma Gandhi:

“(When asked what he thought of Western civilization): 'I think it would be a good idea.”
    This brings up the larger subject of world teachers, and the relative longevity of the truth left in them.
    As well as the jobs cut out for each of these teachers.
    Western civilization , if starting from babylon, and moving forward through the mediterranean area, (emphasis in modern religion on Rome), then from there subjugating pretty much the entire world, under it's misunderstandings, and stamping out indigenous knowledge wherever it went.

The question arises.
    On the planes above the top of the physical world, (in which a deluded triune deity aparently resides) perhaps there was some sort of lottery.
    Maybe a drawing of straws.
    The other choice is perhaps Krishna, Buddha,Zoroaster, Moses,Jesus(Esu,Isha, Yeshua), etc, each volunteered.

If the later is the case, I think he had the toughest job of all of them.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Billy (1st August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    I think Jesus existed. like many here, it's not based on any sort of research, or dogma being forced down my throat, but more of a hunch.

it is easy to pick apart the Jesus story - it's so ridiculous - but as Bill said, that doesn't mean he didn't exist.

I think it's telling that during all my various phases throughout my evolution, whether it be Buddhism, Hinduism, Ufology, Wicca etc..., I've always (and still do sometimes) gone and sat under a Jesus statue at the local church whenever I've had a real problem that needed sorting out. Despite it all, my Catholic roots, and mainly my Jesus connection, has always remained strong.

quick story: like everyone else here, ive adopted and discarded various philosophies, sets of beliefs etc on my way to the person I am today. but I always ( particularly as a younger man) felt vaguely guilty doing it. maybe it was just typical Catholic guilt made manifest - I don't know. but I had a dream one night, a lucid dream, where I was approached by a man I believed to be Jesus, and without saying anything he reassured me that it was perfectly ok for me to explore other religions and faiths and philosophies. it was profoundly emotional. I awoke with tears in my eyes, feeling 50 pounds lighter.
    I can relate! I was brought up as a fundamental Christian, but when I was 9, we stepped into what might be called a haunted house. Broad daylight and the house was only 5 years old, and back in the early 70s, one was ridiculed for having such thoughts. Anyway, it took only one step inside, and while my parents debated which way to go to show the house to us kids, I was suddenly getting a very terrifying feeling and the hairs on the back of my neck went up. Then I heard a deep, gutteral male voice yell, "Get out!" I looked up to see how everyone else was reacting to this and it was like no one else heard it. They were completely unaware. And I can't attribute it to new house jitters -- we'd been military moving around for years already. I had been raised that ghosts didn't exist ... how ignorant I was. Living there for the next 4 years, I heavily researched it, and I started by looking into the Bible. It wasn't enough. I checked all the books at my elementary school and libraries on the subject and even conducted what tests I could. I remember feeling guilty about it, but it felt like God was telling me it was okay ... as long as I knew He was there in the end. I had the same feeling reading the Dead Sea Scrolls, and after I had, I was thankful.

BTW, there is one important thing in the Bible if you find yourself dealing with demons (and I'm not sure *what* I was dealing with at that house -- since then, I've been in other haunted places and they weren't near as terrifying): "In the name of Jesus Christ, I rebuke you." Has certainly worked for me.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Beren (1st August 2013), CdnSirian (1st August 2013), InTheBackground (31st January 2014), Joe Akulis (5th August 2013), johnf (1st August 2013), Roisin (21st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,060 times in 8,172 posts

If this is the mother of all cover ups, we should consider that it would most likely have been to continue an already running false agenda.

I can't explain why but as I read all this stuff on this thread I get a strong feeling that the deaths of all those who saw the inside of Tutankhamun's tomb when it was opened in 1922 is very much connected to this cover up.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Gardener (1st August 2013), johnf (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

27. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Great Post Bill! I believe ghostrider touched on the subject of my next thought which is the THE TALMUD JMMANUEL. Have you looked at this by chance?
    Attached Files

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

johnf (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    With a lot of respect, EVE from the stories is a symbolic representation, while the Real Mary was more of a living person. And also, OUR conditioning makes EVE look as the source of misfortune for mankind, while the actual story paints a different picture.

I think the feminine side of the creation is very, very powerful which would explain the attempts to suppress it in the age of the male dominance. And as we very well know, the one who wins the war writes the history, so no wonder.
    With a lot of seriousness ...whether a "person" was real or not really is not the crux of it all. ALL THESE stories, myths, movies, books are centered around an ideology that has effects in MASS proportions over many years. I mean really all this going on and on about this person and tht person and wht they did and who they stood for (in any thread) is not tht important as The effects it has/had on mass consciousness.
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

CdnSirian (1st August 2013), chocolate (1st August 2013), Gardener (1st August 2013), johnf (31st July 2013), LahTera (31st July 2013), Sith73 (31st July 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

31. Link to Post #96
    Argentina Avalon Member ketikoti's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
    - Will Ferrell
    Last edited by ketikoti; 1st August 2013 at 00:51. Reason: not necessarily my opinion, but it gave me a good laugh!
    I don’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones. (John Cage)

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ketikoti For This Post:

Butangeld (9th August 2013), CD7 (1st August 2013), johnf (1st August 2013), Katyani (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

If we could just stop, for a second, our debates (as humans) about Jesus and actually don`t get too smart and delve deeply in what his teaching were all about. If we just pick up the cheapest Bible we can find online or in hard copy, and read his words there about Love... we then should not look further.

Love God with all your heart, soul and mind.
    Love your neighbor as yourself.

This is the ultimate teaching narrowed to the highest and densest point- LOVE. But Love as an act first. Not waiting from God or neighbor to love us first. We should take power that is within us and act (Love) first.

When doing this action-loving- we act divinely. We start the God program in us because we are part of God. God ultimate program is Love.
    Love is all there or that is.

So love God- the source of Love and Love itself and by the law of cause and effect you will see how that act of Loving grows exponentially.
    Towards all that we meet , see, smell, touch, feel ...throughout our whole life experience in all dimensions.

Love, love and see what happens!

Love, love - and see what happens

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

Another1 (1st August 2013), CD7 (1st August 2013), Christine (1st August 2013), Gardener (1st August 2013), LeeEllisMusic (1st August 2013), Milneman (16th November 2013), risveglio (12th August 2013), sigma6 (7th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WHOMADEGOD (25th October 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

35. Link to Post #98
    United States Avalon Member good point's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus was smeared by the money changers. This short video explains; that's as it is today, it was then:

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to good point For This Post:

Billy (1st August 2013), CD7 (1st August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

This is a great thread I began reading many of the text from the links and one of the books mentioned here - The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ, by Nicolas Notovitch

Right before I began to read this I also watched the video from BBC about the lost gospels, it triggered my memory about a news story I had come across not too long ago,
    http://www.theworld.org/2013/01/isra...sus-synagogue/
    About a town named "Magdala"
    from the article
    Israeli Archeologists Discover “Jesus’ Synagogue”
    By Irris Makler ⋅ January 4, 2013 ⋅ "In the time of Jesus, Magdala was a thriving fishing village. It was home to Mary Magdalene – she was “Mary of Magdala.” And it was located in the small area along the sea of Galilee where the bible said Jesus lived and ministered and performed most of his miracles. "

In that same article the author chose to display a photo of a mosaic found in Magdala,

This image struck me,
    I was immediately thrust right back into my reading of the book by Nicolas Notovitch
    Which is about a man from Russia whom went to Tibet in search of the unknown or lost years of Jesus. His hypothesis focused on the possibility of the Tibetan prophet Issa being from the middle east. As fascinating as this was this is not what struck me. What struck was the geometry in the mosaic. What I immediately thought of was a mandala...

I found this quite exciting as I had just begun reading of a man was traveling to that very region in search of the lost years of jesus. The hindus say that jesus studied in Nalanda. This is fairly well known information I had even heard Alan Watts speak about this fact in one of his talks. Nalanda is due south of Tibet.
    Name:  nalanda.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  63.8 KB

I strongly recommend reading The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ, by Nicolas Notovitch
    I have not finished yet, but I will say it is an exciting read. Both from the descriptions of the region and the mystery he embarked on.

I have long since studied this very topic, I have read books like Holy Blood Holy Grail and a medium sized pile of other books, some of which were references for it. I agree with Bill's summation of what Bérenger Saunière found... And that his discovery had something to do with the real truth of Jesus and Mary Magdalene or "Mariamne from Magdala". I for one will be watching this thread closely.
    Why not now?

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

4evrneo (1st August 2013), Billy (1st August 2013), CD7 (1st August 2013), Christine (1st August 2013), fifi (1st August 2013), Gardener (1st August 2013), gripreaper (1st August 2013), heyokah (1st August 2013), johnf (1st August 2013), kanishk (5th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

39. Link to Post #100
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Thank you, Bill, for the compilation of books and videos, much appreciated!
    I feel like I just walked in the old library that still existed when I was a kid, through the cool stoned stairwell and through the smell of wood, dust, paper and the butterflies in my stomach.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

araucaria (1st August 2013), CD7 (1st August 2013), Christine (1st August 2013), Katyani (1st August 2013), lastlegs (11th November 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (1st August 2013), Wind (1st August 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 5 15 35 LastLast