+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here practice Qigong?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Default Does anyone here practice Qigong?

I'm taking an online qigong course and was wondering if anyone here practices qigong too

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Iancorgi (12th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2018), Vernaianawa (11th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,738 times in 4,314 posts

Default Re: Does anyone here practice Qigong?

Yes. Amazing results.
    I practiced Mantak Chia's version.

The key is in breathing exercises. I would combine this stuff with Yoga.
    Later I would combine it with the silencing of the internal dialogue by Carlos Castaneda.
    Amazing results.
    Castaneda and Taoism both agree on cultivating and storing sexual energy.
    Difficult but amazing if you learn to circulate it.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

halcyon026 (12th February 2018), Iancorgi (12th February 2018), justntime2learn (11th February 2018), Justplain (12th February 2018), mab777 (12th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2018), Vernaianawa (11th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 times in 463 posts

which online course are you doing? I did Bruce Francis Dragon tiger Qi gong. I practised as often as I could - 3 or 4 times a day. It healed my chronic shoulder problem.

Now I practise once in the morning and once at night

If you can do Standing qi gong. very powerful

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

RunningDeer (14th February 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2018), Vernaianawa (11th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Unsubscribed Vernaianawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally agree with your thoughts an doings regarding Mantak, wow very interesting you can learn online.

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Yes. Amazing results.
    I practiced Mantak Chia's version.

The key is in breathing exercises. I would combine this stuff with Yoga.
    Later I would combine it with the silencing of the internal dialogue by Carlos Castaneda.
    Amazing results.
    Castaneda and Taoism both agree on cultivating and storing sexual energy.
    Difficult but amazing if you learn to circulate it.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

I visited Chiangmai in Thailand for the first time in 1998 at about the same time Master Chia Tao Garden retreat center opened its gates. I've settled in this town for many years and have been a regular visitor to the Tao Garden where I learnt and practiced many of the Universal Tao techniques (Microcosmic orbit, healing sounds, Kan and Li, Dao Yin) I practiced intensively for many years before going back to a purely Zen buddhist practice however I can definitely recommend Master Chia teaching.

I'm forever grateful to him for making it possible for me to consciously experience Chi flow and a new understanding of my body and health also even though I do not formally practice the techniques anymore they are hard wired in my system and kicked in on their own throughout the day (or night... ). What's more I've known Master Chia and several of his senior instructors personally for years and can vouch for their integrity and open mindedness.

Unlike what most people would say i guarantee you can learn a great deal with home practice if you don't have access to a center or an instructor.

However it's better to have a personal relationship with someone who has already walked the path to set strong foundations to your practice as this is the key to success (and also to shield beginners from unwanted attention form disembodied beings, higher Chi frequencies tends to make you more noticeable...) Also non verbal teaching and energy transmissions are very important in most Chi Kung schools.

Chi kung is extremely powerful and rewarding if I was a beginner in search of a practice I'd take my time to visit or inquire about the different schools and their underlying philosophies as you want to make sure you'll be walking a path with a heart (c Don Juan...)for what could easily become a lifelong practice.

From what I heard Spring Forest Chi Kung is also a very powerful healing practice.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

DNA (11th February 2018), Justplain (12th February 2018), Rebecca (13th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

I did many years ago along with Hsing-i, oh how i miss those days, I then moved away and it fell by the wayside, then I discovered that my old Sifu passed away and that was a savage blow. I lost contact except for facebook but had always planned on meeting up.

wow bummed out my day

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Iancorgi (12th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018), Vernaianawa (12th February 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

23 years of Temple style internal alchemy...
    I have also trained hundreds of people in the Golden Shield QiGong.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomatic For This Post:

Iancorgi (12th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

So are you an instructor?

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Craig (here)
    I did many years ago along with Hsing-i, oh how i miss those days, I then moved away and it fell by the wayside, then I discovered that my old Sifu passed away and that was a savage blow. I lost contact except for facebook but had always planned on meeting up.

wow bummed out my day

That's a very sad story to hear.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    which online course are you doing? I did Bruce Francis Dragon tiger Qi gong. I practised as often as I could - 3 or 4 times a day. It healed my chronic shoulder problem.

Now I practise once in the morning and once at night

If you can do Standing qi gong. very powerful
    I am familiar with the teacher you mentioned.

I am doing a course called Between Heaven and Earth on longwhiteqigong.com. Long White Cloud Qigong is an excellent qigong resource founded by John Munro.

I'm a stay at home mother so I can't practice that often. I do it once a day 5-7 days a week

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Craig (13th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Iancorgi (here)
    I visited Chiangmai in Thailand for the first time in 1998 at about the same time Master Chia Tao Garden retreat center opened its gates. I've settled in this town for many years and have been a regular visitor to the Tao Garden where I learnt and practiced many of the Universal Tao techniques (Microcosmic orbit, healing sounds, Kan and Li, Dao Yin) I practiced intensively for many years before going back to a purely Zen buddhist practice however I can definitely recommend Master Chia teaching.

I'm forever grateful to him for making it possible for me to consciously experience Chi flow and a new understanding of my body and health also even though I do not formally practice the techniques anymore they are hard wired in my system and kicked in on their own throughout the day (or night... ). What's more I've known Master Chia and several of his senior instructors personally for years and can vouch for their integrity and open mindedness.

Unlike what most people would say i guarantee you can learn a great deal with home practice if you don't have access to a center or an instructor.

However it's better to have a personal relationship with someone who has already walked the path to set strong foundations to your practice as this is the key to success (and also to shield beginners from unwanted attention form disembodied beings, higher Chi frequencies tends to make you more noticeable...) Also non verbal teaching and energy transmissions are very important in most Chi Kung schools.

Chi kung is extremely powerful and rewarding if I was a beginner in search of a practice I'd take my time to visit or inquire about the different schools and their underlying philosophies as you want to make sure you'll be walking a path with a heart (c Don Juan...)for what could easily become a lifelong practice.

From what I heard Spring Forest Chi Kung is also a very powerful healing practice.
    That's sounds like great experience. I would love to practice with a teacher and have personal training but as a stay at home mother I have to settle with learning at home for now

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2018), Iancorgi (12th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

You can do a lot with home practice I believe the key is to choose the practice that suits you the best. I was skeptical about online courses and teaching via Skype but I can testified that energy transmission can be done this way too. Ten years ago, I followed an online course for a few months out of curiosity and was really impressed by the results and the face to face in terviews with the teacher. The KAP level 1 course (Kundalini awakening process) is awesome and gives you an oportunity to practice many different Chi Kung and Yoga techniques. All the teachers in KAP seems great I took the course with a teacher named Tao Semko and I recommend him wholeheartedly.

Looking after your family and raising children is the highest form of spiritual practice IMO the selflessness and dedication involved is incredible. Also no matter what your predicament is as the old saying goes: " When the student is ready the Master will appear". All my best wishes on your path!!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2018), Rebecca (12th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

You can do a lot with home practice I believe the key is to choose the practice that suits you the best. I was skeptical about online courses and teaching via Skype but I can testified that energy transmission can be done this way too. Ten years ago, I followed an online course for a few months out of curiosity and was really impressed by the results and the face to face in terviews with the teacher. The KAP level 1 course (Kundalini awakening process) is awesome and gives you an oportunity to practice many different Chi Kung and Yoga techniques. All the teachers in KAP seems great I took the course with a teacher named Tao Semko and I recommend him wholeheartedly.

Looking after your family and raising children is the highest form of spiritual practice IMO the selflessness and dedication involved is incredible. Also no matter what your predicament is as the old saying goes: " When the student is ready the Master will appear". All my best wishes on your path!!!
    Do you have a family too?

Sometimes I get discouraged about my role as a stay at home mother because I don't have many role models that have that role.

However I suppose it is one of the biggest responsibilities a human being can have and is tremendously important when I really think about it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2018), onevoice (14th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I do have a family too and i know it can be overwhelming at time. My kids are now 19 and 16 so the parenting job has taken a different turn in many ways it's gotten easier also in this country it's very affordable to have nannies looking after your children and helping with the housework so the workload involved in raising children is lighter that what it could be in Europe or the US. I can't really relate to being a stay at home mother but I can imagine it must be a challenge to lead a rewarding social life under those circumstances. We're now blessed with internet and it can be a real window to the world so I hope you find a way to nurture your passions and make new friends.

I believe you're on the right tracks developping a meditative practice as it deepens it will lead you to a real "knowing and understanding" of your place in the world and things tends to fall into place on their own from then on. Also the Buddhist medidative practice is often describe as taking refuge in the Dhamma but it has a very practical application in daily life as a refuge from all the stress and tensions of daily life.

All the best to you and your loved ones.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2018), Rebecca (14th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebecca7411 (here)
    Yes.

I have traveled extensively around the US and Canada to teach as the method I learned needs supervision and takes years.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomatic For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nomatic (here)
    Yes.

I have traveled extensively around the US and Canada to teach as the method I learned needs supervision and takes years.

The courses I'm taking don't involve much supervision which makes me a little skeptical. It's a 12 week course I do on my own at home and at the end there's a test which involves a Skype video interview so the teacher can observe students practicing.

Sometimes I worry that I'm doing something wrong on my own and would like supervision, but I don't have the means to take live classes right now

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

No supervision seems strange as you mentioned in your post in the beginning you often have many questions and want to be sure that you are doing everything correctly. It's not a commentary on your practice since i don't know anything about it they might have a valid reason to organise the course the way they did. Did you ask them?

The course I took online was around 65$ per month with weekly interview, live chat and relevant Pdf doc pertaining to the topic of the week.The teacher remained available throughout the course and could be reached by emails anytime (I did several time and received a prompt answer always). Also, the forum and FB page were there for students to exchange their experience. That was 10 years ago but I'm still in touch with many of them because we had such a great bounding experience.

I understand money can be a problem I can only tell you that the books mentioned in the earlier posts can be a great help. I bought one from the same collection over 18 years ago and I still practice what I learnt in this book now. Mantak Chia book "The microcosmic orbit" is very cheap and teaches step by step a key Chi Kung technique where you can't really go wrong even with solitary home practice. I'm sure you can find a free Pdf version online if you look around.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Here’s a Mantak Chia YouTube channel. I'm not sure if it's his official channel.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 14th February 2018 at 23:06.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

greybeard (14th February 2018), Iancorgi (15th February 2018), Rebecca (15th February 2018), Star Tsar (15th February 2018)

33. Link to Post #18
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Likewise I read the Matak Chia books.
    Never met a female interested in the sexual energy aspect unfortunately.
    As part of training to be a Bio-energy practitioner I practiced Qigong.
    There is no doubt that it boosts healing abilities.
    Seemingly there are hospitals in China dedicated to the use of Qigong with amazing results.

Ch
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th February 2018), Iancorgi (15th February 2018), Rebecca (15th February 2018), RunningDeer (14th February 2018)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

No supervision seems strange as you mentioned in your post in the beginning you often have many questions and want to be sure that you are doing everything correctly. It's not a commentary on your practice since i don't know anything about it they might have a valid reason to organise the course the way they did. Did you ask them?

The course I took online was around 65$ per month with weekly interview, live chat and relevant Pdf doc pertaining to the topic of the week.The teacher remained available throughout the course and could be reached by emails anytime (I did several time and received a prompt answer always). Also, the forum and FB page were there for students to exchange their experience. That was 10 years ago but I'm still in touch with many of them because we had such a great bounding experience.

I understand money can be a problem I can only tell you that the books mentioned in the earlier posts can be a great help. I bought one from the same collection over 18 years ago and I still practice what I learnt in this book now. Mantak Chia book "The microcosmic orbit" is very cheap and teaches step by step a key Chi Kung technique where you can't really go wrong even with solitary home practice. I'm sure you can find a free Pdf version online if you look around.

The course I'm doing requires a donation of any amount so that it is affordable for everyone.

Unfortunately there is no forum and the Skype session(s) doesn't happen until the end except in rare instances.

There is a weekly check in that involves sending in updated progress reports and the teacher answers any questions. The teacher used to respond quickly to emails but now he seems to mostly answer them on th weekend. He requests for all questions to be submitted by Friday night which is why he answers on weekends.

He does send out a group email and everyone sees everyone else's questions as well as his responses. Sometimes he answers privately but it's no often.

The microcosmic orbit is the name of an exercise I'm doing in the course I'm taking.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Here’s a Mantak Chia YouTube channel. I'm not sure if it's his official channel.
    Do you practice qigong?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

RunningDeer (15th February 2018)

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Do you practice qigong?
    I’ve practiced Tai Chi and Chi Kung since 1988. Dr. Yang Jwing Ming was one of my teachers. In the videos below, he demonstrates Chi Na and the marital applications of the 37 postures short form. I’ve since shortened his 120 posture form. It may look like the guy is faking that it hurts. I know from personal experience that it does. Dr. Yang demonstrated it on me. Wow! Quick, subtle and extremely painful when applied correctly. Twice, my automatic response kicked in to protect and he applied the technique again and again.

Chi Kung movements/postures are also martial art applications.

I stepped away from formal training to focus more on the health aspects. Currently, my approach to form work is physics and one-pointed-focus. Ideally, this focus is a natural part of daily life. As you know, there are health benefits to keeping the energy channels moving through the body systems.

Like Mantak Chia, Dr. Yang Jwing Ming is also a prolific writer.

Snippet of instruction and tips on such things as Chi Kung and short form - YMAA

Tai Chi Chin Na, Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming - Taijiquan joint locks

Tai Chi Fighting! Taijiquan Martial Applications (Yang-style 37-postures)

Last edited by RunningDeer; 24th February 2018 at 15:27.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Iancorgi (15th February 2018), Rebecca (15th February 2018), Star Tsar (15th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast