+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst 1 6 16 56 89 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Default Re: The Bible

The Bible is like an onion - there are layers and layers of understanding.
    There is the literal interpretation -
    the historical -
    the prophetical -
    the new age-
    the spiritual-
    the esoteric-
    the metaphysical-
    the mystical-
    and several other modalities of interpretation based upon what church system one is immersed in.

Many people have tried to change what the Bible states, but in the realm of Spirit the meaning never changes - but one must be in a spiritual state to understand this - for "the natural man receives NOT the things of God." Hence the reason for all the misunderstanding concerning the Bible, as it can be used for both good and evil.
    Last edited by HORIZONS; 19th November 2011 at 20:01.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), iGnoramus_33 (19th November 2011), Lettherebelight (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

Thank you for your contribution Panopticon.

I believe that once students of any of the Bibles study Irenaeus and Tertullian, then it will become more apparent for the 'conformist nature' of Organized Religion and the disappearance of Gnosticism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irenaeus

"Irenaeus' best-known book, Adversus Haereses or Against Heresies (c. 180) is a detailed attack on Gnosticism, which was then a serious threat to the Church, and especially on the system of the Gnostic Valentinus."

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/h...Gnosticism.htm

"Irenaeus and Tertullian wrote against Gnosticism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertullian

"In spite of his schism from the Church, he continued to write against heresy, especially Gnosticism."

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)

".. a fairly good introduction to the origins of todays Bible and covers the gnostic texts and reasons why they were probably not included."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    the historical -
    the prophetical -
    the new age-
    the spiritual-
    the esoteric-
    the metaphysical-
    the mystical-
    and several other modalities of interpretation based upon what church system one is immersed in.

Many people have tried to change what the Bible states, but in the realm of Spirit the meaning never changes - but one must be in a spiritual state to understand this - for "the natural man receives NOT the things of God." Hence the reason for all the misunderstanding concerning the Bible, as it can be used for both good and evil.

Excellent comment HORIZONS!

Remember the quote from Christ when stated that up there (heavenly realms) there is no male or female, or any kind of nations or whatever we are living it now , there is only spirit form of souls and are in unity with God.

We are being called back to unity ,back to spirit essence ,to be able to understand all and to be all.
    Love, love - and see what happens

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), HORIZONS (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    the historical -
    the prophetical -
    the new age-
    the spiritual-
    the esoteric-
    the metaphysical-
    the mystical-

Excellent comment HORIZONS!

Remember the quote from Christ when stated that up there (heavenly realms) there is no male or female, or any kind of nations or whatever we are living it now , there is only spirit form of souls and are in unity with God.

We are being called back to unity ,back to spirit essence ,to be able to understand all and to be all.
    Therefore we can now understand the misunderstood scripture - "Christ is all, and in all" - which most Christians won't touch with a ten-foot pole.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

Unfortunately few read a Bible, and fewer still study it, or the historicity of Bibles.

Manipulated Bibles and Organized Religions have been the core mechanisms of social control.

The few that put some effort are carefully coached to do so under the 'guidance of a church teacher,' to put forward the 'appropriate interpretations.

We will not wonder if conspiracies could be so organized and hidden from the common eye, it will be more a matter of how to tie them together to understand their agenda.

Therefore we can now understand the misunderstood scripture -

"Christ is all, and in all" - which most Christians won't touch with a ten-foot pole.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

Beren (19th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), HORIZONS (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Agreed!!!

Quote Posted by 58andfixed (here)
    Unfortunately few read a Bible, and fewer still study it, or the historicity of Bibles.

Manipulated Bibles and Organized Religions have been the core mechanisms of social control.

The few that put some effort are carefully coached to do so under the 'guidance of a church teacher,' to put forward the 'appropriate interpretations.

We will not wonder if conspiracies could be so organized and hidden from the common eye, it will be more a matter of how to tie them together to understand their agenda.

Therefore we can now understand the misunderstood scripture -

"Christ is all, and in all" - which most Christians won't touch with a ten-foot pole.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Quote Therefore we can now understand the misunderstood scripture - "Christ is all, and in all" - which most Christians won't touch with a ten-foot pole.
    It`s the same repetition as in Jesus`s time, everybody save a few abandoned him. But later on it gained steam. When the power of holy spirit came upon people . But then again after some years corruption came in the form of "new" clergy wanna be`s ... for some were lured to be "new " priests and ministers etc. in the meantime completely forgetting why for the love of God was Christ there at all???

Same is today.

Core message in the Bible is intact and the holy spirit is there for all whom seek for it.
    Churches are doing a good deed in at least bringing people back to God and Bible, BUT and again HUGE BUT (not butt ) there comes a precise moment or time frame of decision for each man or woman;

namely ;
    1.to trust God from now on and its spirit that called me forth
    2.to trust men who claim to be of God and trust their leadership

Choice is there for all and sadly majority choose to trust men rather than God.

And exactly there lies their fall into same thing that enslaves all - Fear.
    Many don`t trust God, many don`t believe in God , many are like Thomas was - seeing is believing, many are afraid what others would say if they follow holy spirit rather than men...

If today`s professing Christians from all religions ( over than billion people) would step forward and claim their power by trusting God rather than organizations and men , what a miracle that would be!

I can guarantee that a global paradigm would change in an instant!

So many united in power of Christ would light up the planet in a day!!!
    We would realize that we have unlimited power!
    That we are of God for true! That we are divine to our very essence and more!

So I ask you please all my fellow humans that read this here and now ; do not fear , do not quarrel over petty things, trust in God and in Love, raise to your potential , be one with Christ and God - beyond religion - for what has Christ in common with religions?
    What has the Source of Love has in common with lies?

Nothing.

Do not judge your fellow brothers and sisters who call themselves Christians and who are still in fear of men, help them overcome that fear!
    Realize that this very moment Christ is looking upon us all , along with God who is all and everywhere.

God is trusting and believing in you and me.
    Even when we are not trusting and believing in ourselves - in God.
    Last edited by Beren; 19th November 2011 at 21:07.
    Love, love - and see what happens

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

D-Day (20th November 2011), greybeard (19th November 2011), HORIZONS (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), markpierre (20th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011), risveglio (12th June 2012), winnasboy (21st November 2011)

15. Link to Post #108
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by vibrations (here)
    Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    And by the way, what happened to the book of Mary?
    found together with other Gnostic scrolls so not reliable ; )
    So the only reliable source is coming from the social group, all men, wearing women's dress, preaching about love and molesting children? In your shoes I would seriously revise the believe system concepts which guide your thoughts patterns which sticks you to something so obviously fraudulent.
    what have wolves in women's dresses molesting children to do with the Bible ?

many minions of Satan have become ministers

i cannot condone Gnosticism simply because it is contrary to the words of Jesus

i stick to Christ ; )
    Last edited by RedeZra; 20th November 2011 at 05:36.

16. Link to Post #109
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    we all ow that the PTB supresses facts artifacts and information from the public
    Yes, indeed they do.
    And, your Bible is an excellent example of their handiwork.
    ahh thnx for telling me

wanna back it up ?

17. Link to Post #110
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orion.V (here)
    Jesus is son of god, but we are too. We all came from the same source ( god ).
    - Jesus was also a teacher but not many people realised his teachings.
    WE create our own heaven or hell, nobody or no god has set a perfect or torturous world for us. It is a path and endless journey that we take on and it is up to our own free will how we balance it and where we end up.
    Jesus Christ is the Creator on the Cross and the pierced Heart of God

if you contemplate on this i promise much good ; )

18. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

For those interested "The Bible Unearthed" contributes much to an understanding of the development of Bibles and Organized Religion.

1 of 4. The Patriarchs

https://youtube.com/watch?v=t440bxhn1qA

51m 30s 2,549 views

Aired in 2005.

2/4. The.Exodus.
    3/4. The.Kings.
    4/4. The.Book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_Unearthed

"The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts is a 2001 book about the archaeology of Israel and its relationship to the origins of the Hebrew Bible."

"The authors are Israel Finkelstein, Professor of Archaeology at Tel Aviv University, and Neil Asher Silberman, a contributing editor to Archaeology Magazine."

The potential for divisibility only reduces as more people become informed, aware and less biased.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

Beren (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (20th November 2011), markpierre (20th November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011)

20. Link to Post #112
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    What about all the ''witches'' that were burnt? Is that fake?
    What about the women, muslim and jewish that were raped by the crusaders in Jerusalem when it was captured?
    Are you saying that the crimes committed by the christians and their church in history are not true?
    there is a spiritual war between the powers of good and the forces of evil

and it bleeds through and drips into our world

most of the crusaders were well men and not Christlike as most men and also Christians

devil worship has a long bloody history

from the canyons of Canaan to the tops of Tenochtitlan

in the courts of kings and shacks in the woods

sex sacrifice and summoning of spirits

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    And who are you to decide what gospel is reliable or not?
    i am me and nobody has to agree with me ; )

21. Link to Post #113
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Quote then you muzz dig deeper ; )
    Patronizing and dismissive.
    i hope innocent play on words don't offend you

and yes if you think the Bible and Christianity is the core force of evil in the world

then you muzz dig deeper ; )

22. Link to Post #114
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)

Join me and live forever, refuse and burn in hell forever, is that really a choice ??
    Christ is real and the Devil is real

there is a war raging between good and evil

evil will eventually be confined in hell while good will see heaven

the point and purpose of Christ on the Cross

who is the Heart of God who spoke creation and creatures into being

is that nobody needs to spend time in hell with the Devil and his devils and demons

because of sins mistakes and evil that we have done and do

He took all our sins upon Himself

so we just need to trust Him and seek Him til we find Him
    Last edited by RedeZra; 20th November 2011 at 07:30.

23. Link to Post #115
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

Yesterday I met world famous wizard Oberon Zell-Ravenheart who did a reading for me.

He had such a good energy about him, was so honest, and helped me out with my current situation. I compare him to all the former pastors and youth leaders I knew when I was once a born again Christian, and it once again confirms which of the two are truly evil.

Just being around him, you could feel this man was a good character, he was extremely tired, he'd been talking to people individually for about 8 hours straight at this point, but still treated me as an individual, had a conversation with me, and then gave me a taro card reading. He gave me some good, honest advice about how to make it out of my current predicament.

As opposed to the typical Christians advice: Pray to God, he'll help you........
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

58andfixed (20th November 2011), Beren (20th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (20th November 2011), Loveisall21 (21st November 2011), modwiz (20th November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011)

25. Link to Post #116
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Therefore we can now understand the misunderstood scripture - "Christ is all, and in all" - which most Christians won't touch with a ten-foot pole.
    this is the 'new man' who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him

and not the 'old man' of the world

26. Link to Post #117
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pharoah21 (here)
    As opposed to the typical Christians advice: Pray to God, he'll help you........
    when Christians want to relate to Christ then let them

you are free to walk your own path and do your own things

27. Link to Post #118
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

you are free to walk your own path and do your own things
    Thank you for making me aware of my rights.
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

58andfixed (20th November 2011), Beren (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (20th November 2011), Loveisall21 (21st November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #119
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

G'day pharoah21,

Thank you for sharing this.
    Oberon looks like an interesting character.

Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

58andfixed (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (20th November 2011), pharoah21 (20th November 2011)

31. Link to Post #120
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Quote then you muzz dig deeper ; )
    Patronizing and dismissive.
    i hope innocent play on words don't offend you

and yes if you think the Bible and Christianity is the core force of evil in the world

then you muzz dig deeper ; )
    RedeZra,

I think you have, once again, hit upon the core reason why so many never "uncover" the wonderful truth in the Bible and then apply it to their lives. Most just simply "skim" over the top of it, or more accurately, over the "outer layers" that have indeed been molested and polluted by carnal man. By "carnal", I mean never committing their lives to God's Word and then being "born again" in the manner that Jesus spoke about when He talked plainly to Nicodemus in John chapter 3. Folks, it's ONLY through being "born again" that one will EVER be able to properly understand and apply the wonderful riches of God's Word to their lives.

Notice the words of Jesus to Nicodemus in John 3:3

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The point here, being, is that to "see" means to "understand"! How many times have we all tried to explain something to someone by saying,...."Don't you "see"?,......when we are really are saying,....."Don't you "understand"?

The "carnal mind", which all men have prior to being "born again", will NEVER, EVER be able to "see or understand" the fullness of God's Word to comprehend it "spiritually" and to activate the wonderful benefits that comes along with the "new birth process"!

I'm also afraid that this "truth" opens up a whole new can of worms for most, in that most people will stop right there and say within themselves,...."Well that doesn't sit well with me at all,.....to not be able to completely comprehend this that you call "truth" with my own "intellect" , FIRST, before I proceed to the next step that you refer to as the "new birth experience"!

You see, our Lord Jesus, as our Creator, knows everyone of us. It's for this very reason that He sat a little child down before Himself one day and gave one of the hardest, yet most simplest , lessons of all times to His creation.

Matthew 18:3
    And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You say,..."why the hardest"?.....because most people's "intellect" won't allow them to take this step of "faith" and "trust" in something they don't completely comprehend and understand.

You further ask,...."why the simplest"?......you see to the little child,...."faith" and "trust" come "naturally" to them!!! Oh!,....how much wonderful works God can do in the heart of those who simply "trust" and put "faith" in Him!

"Intellect" is a wonderful and powerful tool!,......"True and Complete Intellect" finds a way to "team up with God" and powers us through this life and into eternity!!!

God Bless and enrich all,........kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 20th November 2011 at 09:18.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Beren (20th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst 1 6 16 56 89 LastLast