+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drudge Report: “MEDIA TRAUMA CONTINUES”. Take a break and laugh a little. VIDEO

1. Link to Post #1
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Default Drudge Report: “MEDIA TRAUMA CONTINUES”. Take a break and laugh a little. VIDEO

This video mocking the Mainstream Media is currently front and center on the DRUDGE REPORT. 11/13/2016 at 6 PM Pacific

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Default Re: Drudge Report: “MEDIA TRAUMA CONTINUES”. Take a break and laugh a little. VIDEO

The image above and the video complement each other nicely. Media not a reflection of reality.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

BMJ (14th November 2016), Chester (19th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (14th November 2016), Sir Eltor (15th November 2016), TargeT (14th November 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Default Re: Drudge Report: “MEDIA TRAUMA CONTINUES”. Take a break and laugh a little. VIDEO

wow.. it makes you realise how impressive it is that Trump won,
    despite the weight of media ridicule and invective.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

BMJ (14th November 2016), Chester (15th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (14th November 2016), Holly Lindin (16th November 2016), Pam (15th November 2016), Sir Eltor (15th November 2016), TargeT (14th November 2016), Tyy1907 (15th November 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)
    ...........and likely millions of fraudulent votes.

It was a silent tsunami apparently.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th November 2016), BMJ (14th November 2016), Bob (16th November 2016), Chester (15th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (14th November 2016), ghostrider (15th November 2016), Hervé (15th November 2016), Holly Lindin (16th November 2016), Kryztian (14th November 2016), Pam (15th November 2016), Sir Eltor (15th November 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

The cognitive dissonance cluster bomb

Scott Adams Dilbert Sat, 12 Nov 2016 22:03 UTC

Earlier this week CNN.com listed 24 different theories that pundits have provided for why Trump won. And the list isn't even complete. I've heard other explanations as well. What does it tell you when there are 24 different explanations for a thing?

It tells you that someone just dropped a cognitive dissonance cluster bomb on the public. Heads exploded. Cognitive dissonance set in. Weird theories came out. This is the cleanest and clearest example of cognitive dissonance you will ever see. Remember it.

This phenomenon is why a year ago I told you I was putting so much emphasis on PREDICTING the outcome of the election using the Master Persuader Filter. I told you it would be easy to fit any theory to the facts AFTER the result. And sure enough, we can fit lots of theories to the facts. At least 24 of them by CNN's count.

Generally speaking, the greater the persuasion, the more cognitive dissonance you get. Trump is - in my opinion - the greatest persuader of my lifetime. I expected this level of cognitive dissonance. Next time you see a persuader of this magnitude, you can expect the outcome to be cognitive dissonance in that case too.

This brings me to the anti-Trump protests. The protesters look as though they are protesting Trump, but they are not. They are locked in an imaginary world and battling their own hallucinations of the future. Here's the setup that triggered them.

1. They believe they are smart and well-informed.

2. Their good judgement told them Trump is OBVIOUSLY the next Hitler, or something similarly bad.

3. Half of the voters of the United States - including a lot of smart people - voted Trump into office anyway.

Those "facts" can't be reconciled in the minds of the anti-Trumpers. Mentally, something has to give. That's where cognitive dissonance comes in.

There are two ways for an anti-Trumper to interpret that reality. One option is to accept that if half the public doesn't see Trump as a dangerous monster, perhaps he isn't. But that would conflict with a person's self-image as being smart and well-informed in the first place. When you violate a person's self-image, it triggers cognitive dissonance to explain-away the discrepancy.

So how do you explain-away Trump's election if you think you are smart and you think you are well-informed and you think Trump is OBVIOUSLY a monster?

You solve for that incongruity by hallucinating - literally - that Trump supporters KNOW Trump is a monster and they PREFER the monster. In this hallucination, the KKK is not a nutty fringe group but rather a symbol of how all Trump supporters must feel. (They don't. Not even close.)

In a rational world it would be obvious that Trump supporters include lots of brilliant and well-informed people. That fact - as obvious as it would seem - is invisible to the folks who can't even imagine a world in which their powers of perception could be so wrong. To reconcile their world, they have to imagine all Trump supporters as defective in some moral or cognitive way, or both.

As I often tell you, we all live in our own movies inside our heads. Humans did not evolve with the capability to understand their reality because it was not important to survival. Any illusion that keeps us alive long enough to procreate is good enough.

That's why the protestors live in a movie in which they are fighting against a monster called Trump and you live in a movie where you got the president you wanted for the changes you prefer. Same planet, different realities.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

9. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

3(C)+me (19th November 2016), Akasha (14th November 2016), Art (20th November 2016), Baby Steps (14th November 2016), bennycog (15th November 2016), Blacklight43 (15th November 2016), BMJ (14th November 2016), Cara (16th November 2016), Chester (15th November 2016), Ewan (15th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), genevieve (15th November 2016), Ivanhoe (14th November 2016), mgray (16th November 2016), onawah (15th November 2016), Satori (15th November 2016), seko (14th November 2016), Sir Eltor (15th November 2016), TargeT (14th November 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

The country didnt like the direction it was heading, he defeated 17 establishment politicians, hillary and her supporters, the mainstream media, the talking heads, the elite tycoons, and won hands down ... pretty impresive ... he used his own money, and now is not taking a salary of 400k per year...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Baby Steps (15th November 2016), bennycog (15th November 2016), Chester (15th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), Hervé (15th November 2016), Ivanhoe (15th November 2016), Sir Eltor (15th November 2016), TargeT (15th November 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Hervè , simply brilliant , thank you . I've been saying that Trump would take this , if and when I've been engaged...dozens of non believers ...and where are they now ... not one response from anybody .....yet
    Last edited by Sir Eltor; 15th November 2016 at 02:12. Reason: misspelled name

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sir Eltor For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), Hervé (15th November 2016), mgray (16th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    ...........and likely millions of fraudulent votes.

It was a silent tsunami apparently.
    The irony of your remark is...
    there is now abundant evidence of fraudulent vote counting
    and fraudulent voting machines ... both associated with 'Kilary' Clinton.
    (See the Podesta Wikileaks emails and the 'Voting Machines' news headlines
    in the days before the election)

There's no evidence connecting Trump to voting fraud.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), TargeT (15th November 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

There's no evidence connecting Trump to voting fraud.
    That kinda throws up red flags for me... They are trying to convince us that ONLY the left was doing this kind of stuff? that's a bit hard to believe...

But yea, given the evidence at hand; it appears trump won in the face of massive collusion against him. (which again, seems a bit too movie-plot like)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Althena (15th November 2016), Art (20th November 2016), Basho (15th November 2016), Cara (16th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), Holly Lindin (16th November 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,949 times in 2,388 posts

I'm hearing elsewhere, in a distinctly biased environment, that Clinton won the popular vote - the electoral college declared Trump. Surely that would never happen if the game was rigged.

(Apologies for my lack of political acumen, I turned my back on politics over 30 years ago and now, as a consequence, have got little understanding of anything poitical.)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

TargeT (15th November 2016), Yetti (16th November 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    I'm hearing elsewhere, in a distinctly biased environment, that Clinton won the popular vote - the electoral college declared Trump. Surely that would never happen if the game was rigged.

(Apologies for my lack of political acumen, I turned my back on politics over 30 years ago and now, as a consequence, have got little understanding of anything poitical.)
    The US is a republic, not a democracy.. the popular vote does not really elect the president, it more so helps to guide the electoral college (the group of people who actually do elect the president). There are very good reasons for this, but that's a bit OT.

Now these electoral representatives CAN vote against the popular vote, it's happened in the past; but never "en mass" & it would have to be "en mass" to change this election. Trump will officially take 306 Electoral College votes from 30 states and Clinton will take 232 Electoral College votes from 20 states plus Washington, D.C. it takes 270 to win the election.

So trump would have to lose more than 36 electoral votes to HRC; that just won't happen, especially with HRC conceding already (because it was a SLAUGHTER @306 vs 232).
    Where are you?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Althena (15th November 2016), Bob (16th November 2016), Cara (16th November 2016), Ewan (15th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), Yetti (16th November 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    ... To reconcile their world, they have to imagine all Trump supporters as defective in some moral or cognitive way, or both.

[...]
    ... to add insults and some salt to "injury":

A woman's reply on the Sayer Ji FB page:

A WOMAN'S VIEW ON TRUMP...
    Someone asked a woman how she could vote for Trump, a “misogynist, a racist and a bigot!!!!!”

Here is her answer:

Because I use my head to research and find out what candidates really are, not what the media wants me to think.

Because Donald Trump has more women in executive and managerial positions than any comparable company, which tells me he is not a misogynist.

Because he pays these women the same or more than their male counterparts, which tells me he looks for capacity and skills in people, not color, gender or race.

Because he fought the West Palm Beach City Council to be able to open his newly purchased club, so he could include blacks and Jews as members, who had been banned until then. This tells me he is not a racist.

Because he has raised wonderful children who have turned out to be outstanding, hard working and compassionate adults. He must be doing something right.

Because his economic plans makes sense, are conservative in nature, and I vote based of what is best for my family, my friends and my country.

Because everybody, the left and the right are afraid of him, the media is trying to destroy his image, and even foreign governments are voicing their opinions, so he must be doing something right. Clean house maybe?

Because I want a Supreme Court that will uphold the Constitution, not behave as minions of the administration. I have had enough with judges who are more like political activists than law enforcers.

Because I fear for my family’s safety if the current trend of not confronting blatant terrorism continues ­ which is a threat to our way of life.

Because I am fed up with the rampant corruption of this administration.

Accountability in government is paramount, and as this administration has demonstrated, it is a foreign concept to them.

Because I am fed up with the political correctness gone wild, and because Trump is not afraid to say what everybody thinks but does not dare to say. A thug is a thug, regardless of color, and that's it.

Because it is about time someone puts America 's interests ahead of other countries.

Because I know he recognizes and embraces America 's exceptionalism, and will not tour the World apologizing for who we are. That tells me he is a patriot.

Because, unlike HRC, he has actually held a job, worked hard and achieved success.

And last, but not least...

... because I am more offended by what Hillary does than by what Trump says.

=====================================

... so, when translated into alternative parlance, it seems that, somehow, the Donald voters, against hell and high-waters, were able to - somehow - come out of slumber, become awake and aware, do some digging, think for themselves and express an individual, hard-earned personal opinion...

... WOW!

23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Althena (15th November 2016), Art (20th November 2016), Baby Steps (15th November 2016), Blacklight43 (15th November 2016), BMJ (19th November 2016), Bob (16th November 2016), Cara (16th November 2016), Charles Harris (19th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th November 2016), genevieve (16th November 2016), Holly Lindin (16th November 2016), Lettherebelight (16th November 2016), Matthew (15th November 2016), penn (17th November 2016), Rocky_Shorz (16th November 2016), Shannon (16th November 2016), TargeT (16th November 2016), vmk22 (20th November 2016), Yetti (16th November 2016)

24. Link to Post #13
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks

because I am more offended by what Hillary does than by what Trump says.

That pretty much sums it up....and hence the vote.

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 332 posts

This lady should be the propaganda minister !!!! :-)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Yetti For This Post:

Althena (16th November 2016)

27. Link to Post #15
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,005 times in 8,166 posts

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

29. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Althena (16th November 2016)

30. Link to Post #17
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The big East-West divide:

Hollywood vs Babushka

Artificial vs Authentic

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Art (20th November 2016), bennycog (20th November 2016), norman (19th November 2016), Shannon (19th November 2016), TargeT (19th November 2016), TrumanCash (20th November 2016)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

I hope it is OK I draw attention to my latest blog post -

My process for acquiring information and how this impacts my operational protocol

I have not made a blog post since early July (2016). My post was stimulated by reading this thread and I very well could have just made the post here. I placed it in my blog so that I could send it to friends and family.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Shannon (19th November 2016), TargeT (19th November 2016), vmk22 (20th November 2016)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    so that I could send it to friends and family.
    for future reference, the public (friends and family included) can see every thread but those in the members only area.. in fact there's 1 member and 3 guests reading this thread as I type (I'll assume I'm the 1 member).

Interesting write up.

I think you should only include emotion in your "process" for empathetic reasons, not rational. emotions are what the left leverages best to rally and influence its supporters & it's something that is very difficult for most people to self-regulate.

as such, I think as little emotion as possible when fact finding is best, baring the empathy angle.

Quote It is my opinion at this time that management of my attitude is the very most important and most doable and most impacting upon others thing I can actually do.
    I totally agree with that statement.
    I call it perception management, but attitude is definitely what I'm trying to manage. I agree that this is one of the most impactfull and beneficial things that can be done by us humans.

and it works.
    Where are you?

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Chester (19th November 2016), Shannon (19th November 2016), vmk22 (20th November 2016)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)

The big East-West divide:

Hollywood vs Babushka

Artificial vs Authentic
    Artificial, perhaps, but surely will inspire a Broadway musical to keep the economy turning

37. The Following User Says Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

vmk22 (20th November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast