+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The secret of immortality

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

Default The secret of immortality

Before I write down my thoughts here. I would like to say that this thought has nothing to do with God, Jesus, religion and faith.

I'm a believer myself, but religion does not matter, so please do not get me wrong.

I have been thinking about "immortality" for a very long time. So far, I have always thought that the solution lies in the evolution or evolution of humanity. My thoughts were focused on conventional medicine, research, so that I left no room for other thoughts.

By other thoughts I mean, nature, mother nature as we are. Just as Mother Nature created us. All I am writing now is my personal thoughts and opinions. Who do not have to agree with others.

I start with nature. There are living beings in our nature who are able to live very long. Like turtles that can live to be 200 years old.

Then there is a jellyfish species, "Turritopsos nutricula" From them, the specialized cells form again. Instead of dying, this jellyfish will be young again. In this way, "Turritopsos nutricula" can live forever. The fact that most jellyfish of this species are still not hundreds of millions of years old, is due to the many predators in the sea.

Ok that's just one example, this jellyfish species has a gene that keeps the cells from renewing itself at all times or at intervals, so it could be immortal. We humans possess this gene as well, only it is inactive with us.

But if we come back to us humans, regardless of the fact that we carry such genes within us, we are able to gain immortality as well.

When I read through posts where the member wrote, he / she can leave the body and return. In some posts, the members were young when they left their bodies. Whether that is crucial, I do not know. But what I think is the sooner we recognize our gifts, the more time they have to use and refine or even learn more.

I've never tried to leave my body, not on my own. But the experience I've been able to do. I could feel like I was stepping forward, but I did not take the step, I could feel like I was stepping forward, but I did not take the step, it was not my body taking that step.

It felt like the whole body became energy and wanted to leave the solid body. I got scared because I had not had such an experience by that time.

I could see the moment my energy released from my body. It was light, slightly bluish and a little red.

Let's return to the topic, that was just my personal experience that I wanted to share with you.
    For some years I have been thinking about whether we are unable to return to our childhood. Although it would be possible, which I do not want to exclude, there is a catch. I want to take the knowledge that I own today.

Because for me personally it would make no sense to be physically and mentally young. For how should I develop myself if I can not take all the knowledge I have today?

However others think about it. "Personally, I believe that the secret of immortality lies within ourselves." The only thing stopping us from trying is time. But if there are like-minded people, why should not we try to find like-minded people? Who pass on their knowledge, their know-how, to those who think so? ...

The secret of immortality lies in us, we just have to take this step.
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Art (19th September 2019), Bill Ryan (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2019), Mercedes (18th September 2019), petra (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Rosemarie (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019), XelNaga (19th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: The secret of immortality

The analogy here may be with a car we might own and drive. It ages over the years, is no longer new, and things gradually break — often minor, but sometimes major. In the end, no matter how much we love it, we just have to get a new one.

The same with our bodies: miraculous biomachines which we 'drive'. They're our 'Avatar' interface with physical reality.

But there's no advantage at all in keeping that biomachine running forever. We can always just get a new one.

The real issue is the amnesia. People who want to have immortal bodies are often just trying to solve the amnesia problem. If that just wasn't there, death (and rebirth!) really would just be a simple, totally-non-scary thing.

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (18th September 2019), Art (19th September 2019), dolphingirl (19th September 2019), earthdreamer (20th September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (18th September 2019), Gracy (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Ioneo (18th September 2019), Iyakum (18th September 2019), Justplain (19th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2019), Mercedes (18th September 2019), Meryl (19th September 2019), onevoice (18th September 2019), petra (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Rosemarie (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019), wegge (22nd March 2020), XelNaga (19th September 2019), Yoda (18th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Enlightenment is the removal of ignorance--the ignorance being that we may think we are the body and mind predominantly and a small part of though might accept that we are the in-dweller within the body.
    We carry on after the death of the body
    The ignorance being the thought that we are not immortal.
    Ignorance is not being stupid just the lack of knowledge.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (18th September 2019), happyuk (18th September 2019), Iyakum (18th September 2019), Justplain (19th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2019), Mercedes (18th September 2019), petra (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Rosemarie (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2019), thepainterdoug (20th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019), XelNaga (19th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,505 times in 4,311 posts

Already knowing the soul is immortal, I'm not sure I'd ever want immortality in one body. I don't see the point.

Even if you could engineer the 'perfect' body, one that lasted forever, and you remained incarnated in that body indefinitely, you'd eventually plateau and never (spiritually) progress any further. One of the key reasons we reincarnate into different ones is the variety it affords. Different lives in different environments, in bodies with different sizes, shapes and colours, weaknesses and strengths, both male and female, etc.

It seems to me that transhumanists would look to technology to achieve everlasting life. There is a purpose behind that flawed 'ideology', best left for another thread. But one reason might be: if you can never die, you can keep on doing what you want to do without having to face any (karmic) consequences.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

greybeard (18th September 2019), Iyakum (18th September 2019), Justplain (19th September 2019), onevoice (18th September 2019), petra (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Rosemarie (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019), XelNaga (19th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

We are immortal, we are immortal beings, this time we just happen to have a human body that ages and dies. I am looking forward to my transition out of this reality.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Art (19th September 2019), dolphingirl (19th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Iyakum (18th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th September 2019), petra (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Rosemarie (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019), Words of Joy (18th September 2019), XelNaga (19th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your wise words, it's always nice when you share your wisdom with us.
    First of all, I do not believe in rebirth or reincarnation. As for amnesia, I agree with you completely. Thank you for your point of view, it opens my knot and that makes me rethink.

Maybe I'm megalomaniac, I admit it. I know no boundaries, that has been so since my childhood. But it really developed after the first encounter with an aura that protected me. After this experience, I thought to myself why am I not able to accomplish the same thing?

All members of the Avalon Forum are here because they had or have experiences that they would like to share with others. When I read all the posts I have read so far, I feel like a little light. Anyway, there are contributions that seem very marginal to me at the first reading.

Nevertheless, I do not answer, I read the post more often to understand what the creator wants to tell us. I am very grateful for that. My idea of ​​"immortality" has arisen from ... "my life experiences, my temporary loss of faith in God, feeling and seeing brutality, fears not only for me, but also for others who were or are helpless."

After all my experiences, I came to the idea. "I wish for immortality, to keep that to my knowledge, out of the desire to do good". That was the original idea and it still is. That's why I'm trying to find out if immortality is possible and if so how? I am aware that I will reach its limits. Nevertheless, I have a spark of hope and as long as the spark is there, I will continue to search.

Unfortunately there is a lot of suffering on earth. Sorry that even someone of the immortal can never solve alone. I do not know if God is capable of this. I know that many people want to do good and maybe think like me. At some point we will be able to achieve immortality, which is probably in the distant future. I just keep looking for it, let's see what happens.
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

petra (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mercedes (here)
    We are immortal, we are immortal beings, this time we just happen to have a human body that ages and dies. I am looking forward to my transition out of this reality.
    @Mercedes,
    Thank you for your contribution, something similar I have thought. But then I strayed from this path and took a different path. Nevertheless, I find your words great. Alone the joy I can read, I feel so far. Thank you for your contribution.
    Iyakum

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Mercedes (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Why would you want to live forever on this planet? Sure it's lovely, but look what's happening.

And would you really want to wake up to bloody leafblowers for all of eternity?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Art (19th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

I agree with Bill, the amnesia makes us unable to remember the condition of immortality (at least in part)

I have sympathy for what Iyakum writes, not for what he knows, or thinks he knows, but for the effort he makes for knowing through friendly dialogue, demonstrating ability to find some right answers, like that:

.. we carry such genes within us ... The secret of immortality lies in us

( but these two things can mean the same thing, depending on the point of view )

Quote Posted by Iyakum (here)
    For some years I have been thinking about whether we are unable to return to our childhood.
    Hollywood also think about, and make the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Burton
    This movie is emblematic, and contains secrets you're looking for.
    The biggest secret is not in the details, but in the whole story.

let me alluding a few to your beliefs, So,
    I suggest watch the movie and thinking on a famous talk about Jesus - " come to me the little children ".

Quote Posted by Iyakum (here)
    The only thing stopping us from trying is time.
    Time, emotions, memories, (also ammnesia), are the keywords

be aware of that -- Everything that have and Start (time), will have a Finished (time) ahead.
    even this whole (time-dependent universe), as it is mystified by hindus, in Bhraman's breath

another (rational) thing to think on this context is -- space/time and time/space densities, are "Limited Regions" inside the whole Thing that you are researching, and if you think in a possible Timeless Region outer this Time Limited Densities, the immortality should be a fact, but can't be replicated inside time/space regions, because it would become a incompatible (and unfair) temporal paradox.

It may seem confusing at first, but everything I'm writing here, one way or another, will help with the topic.

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Why would you want to live forever on this planet?
    Good Catch !! this kind of question also helps ..
    Last edited by RogeRio; 18th September 2019 at 15:09.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Iyakum (18th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Everything written about my topic / thread is helpful. I do not care if my thinking or my desire for immortality is called into question. I'm happy about constructive criticism and answers, because just these help me on. What would a question be without criticism or different views and ways of thinking?

Then I could have saved myself the effort and can use it elsewhere. I can only learn from it and see nothing negative in criticism from others. Thanks, because that's what I wanted to achieve.
    Iyakum

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

RogeRio (18th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Iyakum I feel you. When I was sixteen I decided I would teach the world that it is possible to live forever and never get old.

By the time I was thirty just the mere thought of living forever scared the crap out of me. How could I survive the assaults on my sensibilities for eternity? I realized that this is not my world, not even close. And that by living forever I would never experience the joy of reuniting with my Creator!

I modified my original plan and decided I would live a healthy full life - and die in my sleep. That is now my plan and I am well on my way to accomplishing it. Health is really the most we can hope for in this world anyway. Death is just a reprieve. It will soon start again, for most.

Myself, if I have anything to say about it, will never take a body again. I can do more good on the other side where my memories are intact and I know who I am.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

dolphingirl (19th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Iyakum (18th September 2019), Mercedes (21st September 2019), Michi (19th September 2019), onevoice (18th September 2019), RogeRio (18th September 2019), Rosemarie (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Sorry, for the post.

Last night, I was a bit confused. I was very worried about a member of Avalon, "# 22"
    Therefore, I could not think clearly.

I have published parts of my life that I believe are too early, but too long. Because in case I should tell you or it is desired. I would have to go very far, that would be a very long text.

Nevertheless, it would be worth to know, this is my first encounter and the following. Although I'm not sure if I was misdirected or if it made sense. If desired, I will gladly share it with you.
    Last edited by Iyakum; 19th September 2019 at 11:04.
    Iyakum

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

dolphingirl (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

I am definitely not going to die again. Not this time. Immortality is very doable and I know I'm going to make it. It took me 40 years to figure it out. It has been reached before and will be reached again.

It used to be the road of perfection. The road of the good deeds. The road of the ascended masters from millennia ago. They used the water of immortality or the holy fire to attain immortality. In Zoroastrianism they call it amraity or amarati. In Hinduism and Buddhism they call it Amrita or Amrit, also known as the elixer of Naam or Hari Naam. In Ancient Greece they called it the Ambrozian water of Immortality. They all refer to the same, which is the Spirit of God. The fountain of Life. Which helps a person in becoming holy if that person is open for it. Without the Spirit of God, people will not attain immortality.

The road has changed since Jesus. He is now the road. There is no road of good deeds that leads to immortality anymore. It hurts my heart, though people have been mislead in large numbers. It needs to go through Jesus, the living Spirit, that merged with the Spirit of God. God changed the rules.

Boarding time for the heavenly realm and with that immortality, is not too far ahead, I learned from the Spirit of God. Once the option is missed, strings of reincarnations will await. Whether those are nice lives or lives containing suffering depends on the conduct of life being within Gods rules or not. If a person in this life gets connected with the Fountain of Life aka the Spirit of God through Jesus, then immortality is certain. If one doesn't make it, and dies before the next batch of candidate immortals have gone to the heavenly realms, then who knows a merciful reincarnation might just bring a soul to immortality. Not where I would place my bet though.

Hope to see you all there!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (18th September 2019), Iyakum (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You didn't die the last time either Stobbe--the body did.
    You are eternal according to the Enlightened
    Its good to follow the teaching of The Christ.
    Chris

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Iyakum (18th September 2019), Sadieblue (19th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

The real issue is the amnesia. People who want to have immortal bodies are often just trying to solve the amnesia problem. If that just wasn't there, death (and rebirth!) really would just be a simple, totally-non-scary thing.
    Overcoming Anmesia is one of the natural byproducts of the gradual Negentropy of the soul. Its internal order must replicate the inherent conditions that have been bestowed upon it when in a healthy, optimally functioning body. An internal alchemical process must be undergone.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Victoria (18th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The Immortal Masters, such as the Siddha were humans who found a way to stay in their bodies indefinitely, but aren't trapped in their bodies. They can travel out-of-body, or take their bodies with them to virtually anywhere or to any dimension.

With the exception of drugs or technology assisting humans longevity, which IMO is low class and very dangerous to our true essence/being, there are basically four natural/organic type ways that address human's and death.

1. 99.99% of people physically die and cannot stop this process. They die unconsciously, similar to how they fall asleep at night, where they are awake and then drift off to sleep without awareness of the transition.

2. A much smaller percentage, (usually spiritual practitioners like some Tibetan monks), die consciously. This is similar to when someone is awake and then shifts their aware consciousness to an out-of-body state, never losing awareness.

3. An extremely rare percentage don't die at all. These are the Siddhas or Ascended Masters, etc.

4. The most rare category would be those that transcend our reality (our so-called matrix simulation) completely and never deal with living or dying again. At least in the way we know it.

It's up to you to follow whatever path you feel is real or possible.

Last edited by Soullight; 18th September 2019 at 21:48.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soullight For This Post:

dolphingirl (19th September 2019), greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019), RogeRio (19th September 2019), Victoria (18th September 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    You didn't die the last time either Stobbe--the body did.
    You are eternal according to the Enlightened
    Its good to follow the teaching of The Christ.
    Chris
    Yes, the body died loads of times before. But this time my body won't die.

Eternal is the soul, but the combination of soul and spirit is not, as long as the reincarnation cycle continues. When the body dies, the soul and spirit separate. With the Spirit of God connected, the combination of soul and spirit remains and is not separated. That will make that you don't change character and don't forget. Which is an important factor if you like who you are now. Your body will, once glorified, receive an upgrade to be able to de-materialize and materialize at will.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Yes, as stated above, if you have achieved cosmic consciousness, then you can materialize your body wherever you want. You can also create your own reality. In any case your spirit is immortal. Ascended masters are in this category, as are some of the ETs that visit us (though not all). Earth humans are blessed with the free will take attain this direct connection with their divine source.

36. Link to Post #19
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

to further stimulate this subject of immortality, researchers reports that it was from the eighteenth century mesmerism, that psychic manifestations had the attention of the western academic world. German physician Franz Anton Mesmer (1734-1815) was researching a force called "animal magnetism," a type of force that would control human well-being.

Mesmer initially tried to cure his patients through hypnosis, magnets or magnetized objects, later using his own hands, promoting the rebalancing and remission of disease. From the reports of clairvoyant phenomena, telepathy, premonitions, diagnoses, cures among others exhibited by mesmerized subjects, some authors such as J. P. F. Deleuze (1753-1835); Lawyer J. C. Colquhoun (1785-1854); Charles Lafontaine (1803-1892) and Johann Heinrich Jung-Stilling (1740-1817) claimed that there was sufficient evidence for the existence of an immortal soul independent of the biological body.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019)

38. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There are stories of the deathless Saint Babaji

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 19th September 2019 at 07:21.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019), Justplain (19th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast