+ Reply to Thread
Page 1420 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 420 920 1320 1370 1410 1420 1430 1470 1520 1822 LastLast
Results 28,381 to 28,400 of 36433

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28381
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Vice.com

This Silicon Valley Startup Is Dedicated To Detecting UFOs Off The California Coast

Published 22nd October 2019 By MJ Banias

With this summer’s revelation that the US Navy considers UFOs and “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena” (UAPs) to be real, a team of venture capitalists, university professors, and military veterans are launching a project to track UFOs off the coast of California.

UAP eXpeditions is a non-profit group based in Oregon that will “field a top-notch group of uber-experienced professionals providing the public service of field testing new UAP related technologies.” With some of the Silicon Valley UFO Hunters, UAP eXpeditions will pioneer the ability to predict, find, observe, and document UAP for study and analysis. They will use “classical observation techniques, by trained observers and scientists, while using the latest experimental technologies—in the right places and the right times,” Kevin Day, the group’s founder and CEO, wrote in a Facebook post viewed by Motherboard.

Read all about it here: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...alifornia-cost
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2019), Bluegreen (23rd October 2019), william r sanford72 (23rd October 2019)

3. Link to Post #28382
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

When Exoplanets Collide

Published 23rd October 2019

A dramatic glimpse of the aftermath of a collision between two exoplanets is giving scientists a view at what can happen when planets crash into each other. A similar event in our own solar system may have formed the moon.

Known as BD +20 307, this double-star system is more than 300 light years from Earth with stars that are at least one billion years old. Yet this mature system has shown signs of swirling dusty debris that is not cold, as would be expected around stars of this age. Rather, the debris is warm, reinforcing that it was made relatively recently by the impact of two planet-sized bodies.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2019-10-exoplanets-collide.html
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2019), william r sanford72 (27th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #28383
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

Starry Night By Vincent van Gogh

In today's image, we see the famous painting Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh.

Related musical interlude:

Last edited by Star Tsar; 23rd October 2019 at 16:05.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2019), Bluegreen (23rd October 2019), william r sanford72 (23rd October 2019)

7. Link to Post #28384
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 23rd October 2019 | Earthquake Watch, Novae, Galactic Plane

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), Bluegreen (23rd October 2019), william r sanford72 (23rd October 2019)

9. Link to Post #28385
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Telescope Science Institute

Tonight's Sky: November 2019

In November, hunt for the fainter constellations of fall, including Pisces, Aries, and Triangulum. They will guide you to find several galaxies and a pair of white stars. Stay tuned for space-based views of spiral galaxy M74 and the Triangulum Galaxy, which are shown in visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), Bluegreen (23rd October 2019), william r sanford72 (23rd October 2019)

11. Link to Post #28386
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Seeker

How Close Are We To Finding A Parallel Universe?

Many believe that our universe might be part of a multiverse, but how close are we really to finding a parallel universe?

What if there were multiple versions of ourselves, living parallel lives in parallel universes?

With modern advances in cosmology and particle physics, we’re redefining our ideas of what exactly our own universe is made of, how it got started, and whether there are others out there.

When it comes to considering what might lie beyond our observable universe, there a few popular theories that emerge.

We have the Type 1 Multiverse, a Quantum Multiverse, a Mirror Universe, Bubble Universes, and Baby Universes inside of black holes.

When you consider the possibilities of what might exist when it comes to universes outside our own, the theories are pretty fascinating.

Find out more about the expansion of our own universe, the physics of universes beyond what we can observe, and how close we are to discovering parallel universes on this episode of How Close Are We?

Read More:
    Scientists are searching for a mirror universe. It could be sitting right in front of you.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...ht-ncna1023206
    "The mirror world, assuming it exists, would have its own laws of mirror-physics and its own mirror-history. You wouldn’t find a mirror version of yourself there (and no evil Spock with a goatee — sorry "Star Trek" fans). But current theory allows that you might find mirror atoms and mirror rocks, maybe even mirror planets and stars. Collectively, they could form an entire shadow world, just as real as our own but almost completely cut off from us."

Parallel Universes: Theories & Evidence
    https://www.space.com/32728-parallel-universes.html
    "The expansion at the beginning of the universe took place exponentially because there was so much 'energy inherent to space itself,' [Siegel] said. But over time, that inflation obviously slowed — those particles of matter created at the Big Bang are not continuing to expand... [a]mong his conclusions: that means that multiverses would have different rates of inflation and different times (longer or shorter) for inflation. This decreases the possibilities of universes similar to our own."

Is there another ‘you’ out there in a parallel Universe?
    https://medium.com/starts-with-a-ban...e-4532e995a56e
    "The Universe, as far as the most powerful telescopes can see (even in theory), is vast, huge and massive. Including photons and neutrinos, it contains some 10⁹⁰ particles, clumped and clustered together into hundreds-of-billions-to-trillions of galaxies. Each one of those galaxies comes with around a trillion stars inside (on average), and they’re strewn across the cosmos in a sphere some 92 billion light years in diameter, from our perspective. But, despite what our intuition might tell us, that doesn’t mean we’re at the center of a finite Universe. In fact, the evidence indicates something quite to the contrary."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), william r sanford72 (23rd October 2019)

13. Link to Post #28387
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Perimeter Institute For Theoretical Physics

Dr Gabriela González | Music Of The Universe

In a special public lecture webcast at Perimeter Institute on October 23, 2019, Gabriela González will provide a first-hand account of LIGO’s century-in-the-making breakthrough, and explain observations made as recently as this year. González, a professor of physics and astronomy at Louisiana State University and former spokesperson of the LIGO collaboration, will take the audience on a journey to some of the universe’s most violent places, and explain how such distant events can lead to a very bright future here on Earth.

Starts @ 17:55

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), william r sanford72 (27th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #28388
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

A Crisis In Cosmology: New Data Suggests The Universe Expanding More Rapidly Than Believed

A group of astronomers led by University of California, Davis has obtained new data that suggest the universe is expanding more rapidly than predicted.

The study comes on the heels of a hot debate over just how fast the universe is ballooning; measurements thus far are in disagreement.

Read all about it here: https:///news/2019-10-crisis-cosmolo...-believed.html

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #28389
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astronomy.com

A New Kind Of Storm Appears On Saturn, Puzzling Astronomers

As serene as it appears in photographs, the gas giant Saturn is not a peaceful place. Its golden gases whiz around the planet at up to a thousand miles per hour. At times, massive storms thousands of miles wide break out in its upper atmosphere.

In 2018, astronomers spotted a new kind of storm on Saturn. Four large tempests formed one after another, passing by each other and further disturbing the atmosphere to create a complex storm system that lasted months.

Read all about it here: http://www.astronomy.com/news/2019/1...ng-astronomers

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), Bluegreen (24th October 2019), william r sanford72 (27th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #28390
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Wired.com

NASA Wants To Send A Probe To The Hellish Surface Of Venus

With all the talk about sending humans to the moon and eventually Mars, it can be easy to forget there are other planets worth exploring. But a team of researchers at NASA has set its sights on Venus, Earth’s closest neighbor and one of the least understood planets in the solar system.

Since the first (crash) landing on Venus in 1966, by a Soviet probe, spacecraft have only survived a total of a few hours on the planet’s surface. But NASA’s new probe is being designed last up to 60 days on the punishing Venusian surface. Known as the Long-Lived In-situ Solar System Explorer, or LLISSE, each of the probe’s components is specially engineered to withstand the high temperature, high pressure, and reactive atmosphere that define that infernal planet.

Read all about it here: https://www.wired.com/story/nasa-wan...face-of-venus/

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), Cara (24th October 2019), william r sanford72 (27th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #28391
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Gizmodo

Fresh Look @ New Horizons Data Shows Pluto’s ‘Far Side’ In Unprecedented Detail

When New Horizons zipped past Pluto on July 14, 2015, the NASA spacecraft was only able to observe one side of the dwarf planet. Scientists have now reviewed data collected by New Horizons during its approach and as it traveled away, resulting in the most detailed analysis yet of Pluto’s elusive far side.

Using its two onboard cameras—the Long Range Reconnaissance Imager (LORRI) and the Multispectral Visible Imaging Camera (MVIC)—New Horizons was able to capture spectacular images of Pluto’s so-called “near side,” or encounter hemisphere, revealing features such as mountain ranges, impact craters, and expansive plains filled with frozen nitrogen.

As for close-up images of Pluto’s “far side,” or non-contact hemisphere, those never came, as New Horizons zoomed off into deep space at speeds reaching 50,700 kilometers per hour (31,500 miles per hour). It takes Pluto a little more than six Earth days to complete a full rotation, so New Horizons was long gone before the far side made itself visible to the probe.

Read all about it here: https://gizmodo.com/fresh-look-at-ne...ide-1839303714

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #28392
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Large Hole On The Sun Targets Earth - G1 Geomagnetic Storm Watch

A large hole in the sun's atmosphere is facing Earth and spewing solar wind in our direction. Estimated time of arrival: Oct. 24.

Minor G1-class geomagnetic storms are likely when the gaseous material arrives. Wind speeds are expected to reach 700 km/s, sparking bright auroras around the Arctic Circle and maybe even in northern-tier US states from Maine to Washington.

Elevated solar wind speed due to the coronal hole high speed stream CH HSS) is forecast to continue into Friday, 25 Oct., and likely result in an additional early period of G1 storm levels.

This CH HSS has been a persistent feature for a few rotations and has a history of causing geomagnetic storm conditions (31 August - 1 September, and again 27 - 28 September).

Skywatchers at high latitudes should stay alert for visible auroras when is dark outside.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #28393
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Anton Petrov

Harvard Scientists Think Moonlight Is Enough To Grow Plants

Anton talks about two studies that investigate what may happen around tidally locked planets around red dwarfs and how moons of those planet could provide enough light for plants.

Related paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1910.06285.pdf & https://arxiv.org/pdf/1907.12576.pdf

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), Cara (24th October 2019), william r sanford72 (27th October 2019)

27. Link to Post #28394
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

University Of Maryland Art Gallery

Bryan Bender, Dr. Kelsey Johnson & Dr. Matthew Knight | The New Space Age & UFOs

Published 22nd October 2019

A conversation with Bryan Bender, Dr. Kelsey Johnson & Dr. Matthew Knight on Space Exploration, UAPs, & Intelligent Life Beyond Earth.

In conjunction with the exhibition Lia Halloran: The Same Sky Overarches Us All, join POLITICO defense and space editor Bryan Bender, University of Virginia professor of astronomy Dr. Kelsey Johnson, and UMD research astronomer Dr. Matthew Knight as they discuss the current state of space exploration; current and future roles of military and private commerce activities in space; and recent reports by U.S. Navy pilots of Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP)—also known as UFOs—and the possibility of non-terrestrial, intelligently controlled craft visiting Earth. The conversation will be moderated by University of Maryland Art Gallery associate director Taras W. Matla.

Skip to 9:05

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #28395
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthFiles

Special Report

Streamed & Published 23rd October 2019

Linda with a special report on TTSA's recently announced partnership with the US Army.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #28396
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

NASA's Planet-Hunting Probe Joins The Search For Intelligent Aliens

NASA's newest planet hunter is joining the hunt for intelligent aliens.

Scientists working on the space agency's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) mission will collaborate with the $100 million Breakthrough Listen project in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI), members of both teams announced today (Oct. 23).

"It's exciting that the world's most powerful SETI search, with our partner facilities across the globe, will be collaborating with the TESS team and our most capable planet-hunting machine," Pete Worden, executive director of Breakthrough Initiatives, a program that includes the Breakthrough Listen project, said in a statement.

"We're looking forward to working together as we try to answer one of the most profound questions about our place in the universe: Are we alone?" Worden added.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/breakthrough-l...ti-search.html

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #28397
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 24th October 2019 | Solar Wind Impact, Cascadia Pattern, Truth Crisis

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #28398
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

Dark Seahorse In Cepheus

Published 24th October 2019

In today's image, we see part of a dark molecular cloud in the constellation of Cepheus in the northern sky. This is a dusty area and the dust dims and hides the light from behind in. In addition, id makes the light that passes through it appear redder than it otherwise would.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #28399
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

European Southern Observatory

First Identification Of A Heavy Element Born From Neutron Star Collision

Newly created strontium, an element used in fireworks, has been detected in space for the first time following observations with ESO’s Very Large Telescope. The detection confirms that the heavier elements in the Universe can form in neutron star mergers, providing a missing piece of the puzzle of chemical element formation.

This artistic animation shows two circumstellar disk orbiting each other and accreting gas and dust for their surrounding cloud.

This artist’s impression shows two tiny but very dense neutron stars merging and exploding as a kilonova. Such objects are the main source of very heavy chemical elements, such as gold and platinum, in the Universe. The detection of one element, strontium (Sr), has now been confirmed using data from the X-shooter instrument on ESO’s Very Large Telescope.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #28400
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Martian Wolf

Name Saturn's New Moons

Published 24th September 2019

How many Moons were discovered around Saturn? What are some of their characteristics? Can you name these Moons?

In this video, we discuss the recent discovery that has come out of the Carnegie Institution of Science. Researchers discovered 20 new moons of Saturn. This discovery increased Saturn's Moon count to a total of 82 Moons, surpassing Jupiter which used to hold the record at 79.

During the video, we discuss the Norse, Inuit, and Gallic Moon, groups. Talking about the retrograde/prograde motion of these categories, as well as why scientists believe they are so close together. We relate the newly discovered Moons to Phobos, Deimos, Earth and our own Moon (due to a theorized impact with another planet in the early solar system called Theia).

Lastly we discuss how you can name one of these Moons. Here are a few links to learn more about naming Saturn's Moons:

Overview of the Rules: https://carnegiescience.edu/NameSaturnsMoons
    List of Names in the Solar System:
    https://minorplanetcenter.net//db_search
    https://minorplanetcenter.net/iau/lists/MPNames.html

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1420 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 420 920 1320 1370 1410 1420 1430 1470 1520 1822 LastLast