+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a thought

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

Default Just a thought

I hope that this theme does not already exist, if it does, please delete it to the moderation.

We have all had life experiences, some in theory and some in practice or even in both. We've all experienced something like a miracle before, what or how everyone thinks about it, or thinks as it happened, is up to you. Some say that it was a miracle of God, others go on, collecting facts, analyzing, conversing with others who have had the same experiences to get to the bottom of the miracle.

To each one of his beliefs whatever he believes in is not important and is up to each one. But on the whole, many people in the world believe in a higher power, some call them God, others Buddha, others believe in Allah, there are many religions on earth, my personal opinion is that all relegions to the same power, no matter what it is called.

Ok, that was just a brief description of my way of thinking. I, too, believe in a higher being, for the fact is that all of our entire universe has come into being through whatever, whatever that was. But I have thought about it, have gained experience, exchanged with others and still looking for other ways of thinking or views.

We humans have the gift of moving through thoughts, the power of our thoughts is different, some have some more less, yet we have these gifts. I thought that when we pray, we say to God that we are releasing an energy through it, and in that moment this power of thought dissolves and we send it to something we do not know yet.

I would like to start an experiment in which 100 people gather and send their thoughts to a person in which they believe in this person with all their strength, which would then happen. Would not that be interesting to know and see what the person feels then? Would not it be interesting to know what we are capable of?

Who believes that we are capable of much more than we use? As one says so beautifully, "love knows no distance" when I'm in Germany and my wife near the South Pole, yet I feel her thoughts that she thinks of me and she feels it as well.

But why is that?
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th August 2019), Blacklight43 (10th August 2019), Forest Denizen (10th August 2019), Gracy (11th October 2019), greybeard (10th August 2019), happyuk (11th August 2019), Intranuclear (10th August 2019), jjjones (11th August 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (11th August 2019), Kotch (13th August 2019), Krist (10th August 2019), Kryztian (13th August 2019), Lorilynn (10th August 2019), Maknocktomb (10th August 2019), Nasu (10th August 2019), petra (19th August 2019), Rich (13th August 2019), Sadieblue (11th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (10th August 2019), Tam (10th August 2019), toppy (10th August 2019), Valerie Villars (10th August 2019), Victoria (19th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019), Words of Joy (14th August 2019), XelNaga (19th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Default Re: Just a thought

Quote Posted by Iyakum (here)
    As one says so beautifully, "love knows no distance" when I'm in Germany and my wife near the South Pole, yet I feel her thoughts that she thinks of me and she feels it as well.

But why is that?
    I have been thinking about the same. Me and my wife also connect around the world. And I've experienced that even my stepmother in Peru knew I was up to no good and mentioned things in detail, back in the days, when I was still doing whatever I pleased without taking feelings of others too serious. It seriously made me think about myself. Because I felt like I didn't have my cloak anymore. I started realizing, that nothing we do is hidden. That understanding alone helped me grow immensely.

The 'why is that?' question is hard to answer. Though I've come to think that there are Godly driven, spiritual connections. Me and my wife had intense times where we couldn't bear being with each other, though when apart our hearts would hurt, even though our heads had more than enough. And we always felt we had to go back and make things right. I believe without the connection, we would've given up a long time ago. Though if we are connected with someone I believe best thing is to keep in it, and keep on working to stability. On that path many lessons lie waiting and both sides will have to give and take. I believe that is the process of making a spirit an experiencer and a student of the opposite sex perspective, and eventually a wealthier spirit.

Regarding your test. I'd be happy to participate, even if you don't get to 100 participants. Is there a particular way you'd like to validate whether the prayers were answered?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2019), Iyakum (18th August 2019), Rich (14th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Valerie Villars (14th August 2019), Victoria (19th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

But why is that?
    well, I come this thread once, and I chose not try to answer
    but just now, I understand why .. I guess, the question its not Why, but -- "What"

then, people can send thoughts to everyone, everywhere, toghether or not .. there are thousands doing this everyday, in a sense of sharing energy to wherever needs it.

Think you have a good health, and carry an elderly person's shopping bags, or a child's backpack, which costs you nothing to do that kindness, but helps a great deal to those in need. It's a simple analogy of "share energy" like a metaphor.

the point I'm guess you don't know yet, is the energy of thought itself does not transmit much energy, but only a kind of instructions.

you and your wife are lovers, then, the feelings betwen each other, can make you feel (each other), following the thought "instructions" of each one, and each of you both can know that communication is authentic, because you know well each other .. there are a kind of abstract signature, no doubt !

The problem here, as you said yourself, is be able to see, that this all happens naturally without God in the middle. Really, there are masters and helpers on the invisible side that attend us, also, there are dinamic magnetic fields that sometimes help, sometimes hinder.

For example, you think and vibrate in Germany, in the morning, for you wife near the South Pole, but only when she goes to sleep gets you "lovely" vibrations. By the thoughts, she may be warned you are sending your affection, before those vibrations comes to her. This is only an poorly didatic example, ok ?
    Last edited by RogeRio; 14th August 2019 at 14:17. Reason: clarity

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Iyakum (24th October 2019), Rich (14th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Valerie Villars (14th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

@ Slobbe Thank you for your contribution. I have to say that I did not think I ever got an answer, especially from someone who thinks and feels like me. I also feel it in people I do not know personally, but still have contact with them, that's the miraculous thing about the matter.

My thoughts on why it is so are just speculation I can not say with certainty that they are the way I perceive them or how I think. I have a few theses on it, but one of them is the one that seems to me most faithful. Ok, here is the explanation. We live on this planet, but I have to say here that I think the planet is not really ours but only borrowed. Why borrowed, that's the question? There is nothing that really belongs to us humans, we take ourselves without asking, because we are like that, that is our nature.

In the entire universe there are powers that we only really understand to a very small fraction. One thing is certain, one of the powers we have really understood and understood is that throughout the universe there is a power that unites everything. I simply call this power positive and negative or plus and minus. Some think there are two forces because it is positive and negative energy. I think differently, because fact is that both unite, but also that good and evil are in eternal struggle, because that too is part of what we have understood. But now on the topic itself. I'm sure we humans are capable of much more than just grasping the thoughts of people we love.

No, I have experienced it myself, we can do much more with thoughts, if we really want to. We live on this planet, which is surrounded by a protective layer of magnetism, energy and more. We humans are descended from this energy, we are energy beings with thoughts we capture as well as send others. I suspect that this energy that we carry within us and that surrounds us is a carrier and transmitter.

I do not doubt God because something created this universe, something we do not know what it is. But feeling, feeling, sending thoughts has only a part to do with it. That's why my thoughts about this test. I admit that it is a contradiction, something has created the universe, we call it God.

Only if we should do such a test and choose a person to send thoughts and believe in the person, then what? What if the person feels something and is it so small? What would be the result in your opinion?
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2019), petra (19th August 2019), Rich (18th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Words of Joy (19th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

@rogparan
    I agree with you, the earth's magnetic field helps and transmits these thoughts because it comes from the same energy as we humans do. Only it has more power than we currently own. Who knows how we develop, what we will someday be able to do? Thoughts can be very powerful, we could do a lot of good with them but also negative ones. With your example Germany and südpol I agree with you in part. I feel it directly when my partner has doubt as if she would speak directly to me. Well, we are all different and that's the beautiful thing that nature has created so much variety.
    Iyakum

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

petra (19th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Words of Joy (19th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Whatever it is called, it is there. Many people experience it without knowing. Accepting that it is real and acknowledging it consciously in your mind you will find those moments when the word "coincidence" is no longer appropriate.

Practice listening to yourself, clearing out the unnecessary thoughts and the other crap that is put out there to distract us - and trusting that you can do this - is one way to begin to find it.

A while back, I was living far outside of the city. We had bears living around the woods at our house so I had to be very careful with garbage etc. Well, my kids were little and when we went on long drives in the family van they would enjoy having french fries with ketchup while sitting in their car seats. Often a french fry would fall onto the car seat and ketchup would get everywhere - whatever, they were kids.

So, there was an odour of french fries and ketchup in the van that the bears could smell. One day I heard some noise from outside and found that a bear had gotten into the van and was ripping the seats apart trying to find some french fries. After getting him out, I was surprised to find that there was no damage created by the bear gaining entry into the van. I found one single solid scratch at the door handle - which was a wide handle that you would pull up. (The fact that there was only one single scratch, it is obvious that the bear did not have a difficult time doing this.) I rarely locked the doors because there was no need to - before this incident anyway.

I was still puzzled as to the fact that the bear did know how to open the car door. The next day on the local news, there was a short story with a video clip of a bear opening a car door to gain entrance to get the food that was inside. This was about 40 miles from our home.

Then later, there was more talk of bears being seen doing this. They never did it before, so how did this knowledge get past around from bear to bear over such great distances so quickly? If we noticed an animal species doing something new, we would say that they naturally evolved - that this was mother nature.

Well, I see it as the bears tapping into one consciousness.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Iyakum (22nd August 2019), petra (19th August 2019), Rich (18th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Words of Joy (19th August 2019), XelNaga (19th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

An experiment was done with mice in a maze getting to cheese.
    Quite soon they got the time down that it took to get to the reward.

Then the exact same experiment was done across the world in Australia.
    First go the mice there found the cheese as quick as the fastest time mice in the UK did it.

Collective consciousness.
    Youve only to watch starlings fly in their vast number to witness this---close formation twisting turning as one.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th August 2019), Patient (18th August 2019), petra (19th August 2019), Rich (18th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Wind (19th August 2019), Words of Joy (19th August 2019), XelNaga (19th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Only if we should do such a test and choose a person to send thoughts and believe in the person, then what? What if the person feels something and is it so small? What would be the result in your opinion?
    I'd suggest to pray for something that will be noticed without a shadow of a doubt. I'd also suggest to make it a prayer, that benefits the person or multiple. From my perspective and experience,
    the more the prayer is in line with the Almighty's plan to have souls make it to the Heavenly realm at the end of this cycle the bigger the chance that it will be answered.

I think it is important, that whomever would participate in such experiment is open to whatever comes his/her way, provided we agree that only prayers that come from a good heart are sent out.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Cara (19th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

But why is that?
    Well, if separateness is just some kind of illusion (as some people suspect), then it sounds like you could be seeing (or hearing? feeling?) right through the illusion.

I don't think there's any "distance limit" either, I suspect that you'd feel this connectedness even if your love was at the opposite end of the universe.

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Youve only to watch starlings fly in their vast number to witness this---close formation twisting turning as one.
    Nice! I've heard people liken starling formations to how our train of thought works, and found that to be a very good example. It's quite amazing to see how one subtle thing can change/redirect the entire group of starlings.

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Well, I see it as the bears tapping into one consciousness.
    In regards to bears opening doors, I think something similar in regards to mongoose. It's pretty amazing how those little mongoose are "born knowing" how to kill a cobra. I think it's more than just plain old instinct.
    Last edited by petra; 19th August 2019 at 13:27.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Cara (19th August 2019), greybeard (19th August 2019), Rich (21st August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Words of Joy (19th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    But why is that?
    Well, if separateness is just some kind of illusion (as some people suspect), then it sounds like you could be seeing (or hearing? feeling?) right through the illusion.

I don't think there's any "distance limit" either, I suspect that you'd feel this connectedness even if your love was at the opposite end of the universe.
    A wonderful description of love! “A connectedness that spans the universe”, thank you, Petra
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

greybeard (19th August 2019), Iyakum (22nd August 2019), petra (19th August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019), Words of Joy (20th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    The scientist Rupert Sheldrake calls it the morphogenetic field.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Cara (19th August 2019), greybeard (21st August 2019), Iyakum (22nd August 2019), Sadieblue (20th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Have had the same idea a few years ago, I'm up to test it out with anyone interested.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Words of Joy (22nd August 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

One thing I noticed by looking at my thoughts is that one has to be very careful what they think because we get back what we put out.
    There is no way of escaping the effects of our thoughts until we undo them by not believing in them anymore.
    Anything we haven't forgiven affects us negatively 24/7.

-Every thought is creative - every thought we have affects us and others as long as we believe in it (karma)
    -There are no neutral thoughts - it is a choice between love and fear, positive or negative, no in-between
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

26. Link to Post #14
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Iyakum, I hope you are able, because you can feel and talk about.

the example given is exaggerated, so as not to hinder your reasoning neither perception.

I offer you some (neologistic) words, that can help to observe more better the fenomena:

signage -- how, when, why and where do you notice the signs
    assimilation - reception, identification and absorption of the signals
    desassimilation - When you open the door, you catch several other signals together, and those that don't interest you should be discarded, because if they accumulate, they can even make you bad with them.

When radiate, the other one also needs to be aware of these descriptions above. The radiation is positive, and stimulates the heart and lungs. If there is no limitation on these functions and no exaggeration, it will do a huge good. (but can't abuse)
    Last edited by RogeRio; 22nd August 2019 at 09:01.

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

rogparan
    Thank you for your detailed explanation. I'm sure to worry about your explanations. Any point of view is helpful to me, so I created the thread to get different views and ways of thinking to learn, if I'm not able to understand them I'll ask for sure so I understand them.
    Iyakum

+ Reply to Thread