+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Forty Billionaires Give Away Half Of Wealth

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Default Forty Billionaires Give Away Half Of Wealth

Forty American billionaires have pledged to give at least half of their fortunes to charity as part of a campaign by Bill Gates and Warren Buffett

Surprise surprise Bill Gates name comes up again.

The amount of money this would generate is enormous. I get the feeling something else is going on and it wouldn’t surprise me if some of this money is funnelled through to black opps.

What do you think my friends we. I believe we won’t see any difference to these charities and the world will not be better off by it.

Those who can see the invisible can create the impossible.

2. Link to Post #2
    France Avalon Member Elandiel BernElve's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Forty Billionaires Give Away Half Of Wealth

George Lucas is one of the others who participates.
    Capitaine Elandiel BernElve
    Lightwarrior

3. Link to Post #3
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Didnt realize there were 40 billionaires in the states...

Money doesnt solve everything...thats obvious...but it does screw up alot!

4. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

let me allocate it

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Quote Posted by celine (here)
    ...Money doesnt solve everything...thats obvious...but it does screw up alot!
    Lol ! You made me laugh Celine with this one. So true. Maybe, just maybe, that our dear rich people are suddently realizing that the gap between the rich and the poors is simply at the base of many, many problems. Disharmonious assets and wealth among people of Earth is reflected in the unbalanced way of life. Maybe, just maybe, that they are buying their beleived 'ascension' as it is in their mindset that everything is buyable

But yes, it wouldn't resolve much if the system by which they got that much money isn't changed. It is a step, a necessary step and I'm glad to hear they are making it. But still, we have to keep an eye on their next move to see if it's really a genuine act, nothing hidden under the sensationalism as it appears. Unfortunatly, the past is filled with these masquerades.

Namaste, Steven

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I see this as proof positive that we are entering a more giving generation. This will get the ball rolling for more corporate organizations to do their part in giving back to this planet and it's people. The change is in the air, and the billionaires are starting to feel it, it cannot be stopped.

in love & light
    The states of awareness we currently perceive are only a thiny fraction of the whole.
    The continuum extends deep into nonphysical areas of the universe far beyond our current physical comprehension ~ William Buhlman

7. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member ascendingstarseed's Avatar
    Thanks

If they wanted to make a real difference with that money it wouldn't be funneled into charities and foundations where it can be siphoned right back out by the rich, or go to glorifying their names on projects that help the administrators, staff and fancy headquarters more than the needy.

What would make a difference is a real balancing of wealth...lets see there are only 6 billion or so people on the Earth. We have forty billionaires donating half their wealth...sounds to me like there's enough money to give at least $500 million to one billion dollars per person and plenty more left over to make the world a better place. Clean up pollution, build schools, invest in our infrastructure and alternative energy, cure cancer, public health care...just for a start.

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Steven (here)
    Maybe, just maybe, that our dear rich people are suddently realizing that the gap between the rich and the poors is simply at the base of many, many problems. Disharmonious assets and wealth among people of Earth is reflected in the unbalanced way of life.
    I sincerly doubt that.
    Also, charity is tax deductable.

In many ways greed is a psychosis. And a serious psychosis if not treated only gets worse as time goes by.
    That would make it very hard to believe that they had a golden moment and realised that they are at the base of many of todays problems.
    I do confess it takes a lot of energy to stay open to the possibility without turning cynical.

Though my own personal idea is that there has been a massive "buyout" of some sorts. But I have nothing more then a gut feeling about that.
    And my own personal hope is that when we get to the next step of this process, we can realise that it is wrong to connect money to the right of existence.

Quote Posted by ascendingstarseed (here)
    What would make a difference is a real balancing of wealth...lets see there are only 6 billion or so people on the Earth. We have forty billionaires donating half their wealth...sounds to me like there's enough money to give at least $500 million to one billion dollars per person and plenty more left over to make the world a better place. Clean up pollution, build schools, invest in our infrastructure and alternative energy, cure cancer, public health care...just for a start.
    Lets not forget that we should account for 1000's of years of slavery and exploitation as well.

While I'm sure good will win and what we are doing and putting out is making a difference, we really should stop and think about what history has shown us again and again.
    Last edited by Pan; 5th August 2010 at 13:17.

9. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi The One,

I think it's safe to assume that these billionnaires are intelligent people and are not out to make a name for themselves, as they already have done that in their own fields anyway.
    So what drives tham to be so generous? What do they know that we don't? These are the questions that need to be answered.

Charity is tax deductable, so if this money was kept in their bank account, most of it would be seized by the inland revenue. Could it be that they don't agree with the top brass as to what their tax money is being spent on? Are they trying to influence the government as to what to do (after all 40b is a lot of money).

We know that Buffet puts his money in the Gates Foundation, so basically he is giving his money to Gates. Where will the others put their money, and what will they want in return? We know that Buffet and Gates beleive in population reduction. Are the others on board with this also? As I understand it I think some will go to ONU, which does promote aggressive birth control on developing countries.

All of these questions will eventually be answered. It will be interesting to see the answers.

Best regards,

Steve

10. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

They are attempting to wipe out vast amounts of bad karma in one shot. Not a bad way to go about doing it. Hording money way past your means is a huge waste of it.

11. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by tone3jaguar (here)
    They are attempting to wipe out vast amounts of bad karma in one shot. Not a bad way to go about doing it. Hording money way past your means is a huge waste of it.
    That's what I thought of as well Tone when I read the heading of this thread, yes hoarding money is a huge waste when you have got that much; but no matter what amounts they give and where it goes it just is not going to wipe out their karma and that is that. Their supposed to be smart men so I am sure they realise that. If I were them I would be asking myself what could I do to do some good in the world and I wouldn't be wasting time doing it aneither.

12. Link to Post #12
    Ireland Avalon Member dreamchaser's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe the charity is a disguise, and they are actually paying for tickets? Sure we can guess all day.....

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Smile Re: Forty Billionaires Give Away Half Of Wealth

Quote Posted by rosie (here)
    I see this as proof positive that we are entering a more giving generation. This will get the ball rolling for more corporate organizations to do their part in giving back to this planet and it's people. The change is in the air, and the billionaires are starting to feel it, it cannot be stopped.

in love & light
    rosie, I have to say I agree with you. You can read through their letters at www.givingpledge.org. There is at least one mention of population control and vaccines which caused a bit of movement inside me, but the majority of doners on there seem genuinely concerned with charitable causes. Maybe I'm being naiive, but you can either choose to be cynical or hopeful. As I know we create our own reality I choose to be hopeful.

14. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

It's all energy and I wouldn't want to be sitting on that much (doing nothing with it) with today's vibes floating around.
    Let's hope (if it happens) that it finds it's way to those most in need.

Peace
    It's All Art.

15. Link to Post #15
    France Avalon Member Elandiel BernElve's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dreamchaser (here)
    Maybe the charity is a disguise, and they are actually paying for tickets? Sure we can guess all day.....
    Come on man, If Id win the lottery Id give away a lot of it. All of a sudden that makes me a target for conspiracy geeks? Because that is what you become if you dont trust ANYthing anymore and start thinking these things, saying them out loud without any proof or argument.

I dont think a ticket to safety would cost half the money the richest man on the planes has got.

This is not personal Dreamchaser because I like what you post and say but I do warn any of us that tend to take the whole conspiracy stuff too far. It reduces our credibility and quality of what we say.

Love & peace
    Capitaine Elandiel BernElve
    Lightwarrior

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Did i overdo it with my statement? i appologise if I did. I spose Im a bit of a sceptic regarding some ppls intentions when they offer to give away money or do ANYthing really that they wouldnt usually do. And sometimes I do have to check me mood before I voice an opinion.

i can still manage to believe in miracles, and magic. Anything IS possible! :D

Love and peace to everyone!

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

There are a lot more than 40 billionaires in the US....who is missing from the list is a bit interesting. Oprah...Michael Dell...George Soros...The Waltons. The Waltons and Michael Dell are not known for being charitable, at least not the way they could be. Oprah certainly is, and she doesn't have as much money as the others, but she is a control freak about where her money goes. George Soros is busy thinking he is running the world of politics. Warren Buffet has always expressed his intention to give most of his money away, as has Ted Turner.

But...is this because they know the economy and the dollar is collapsing? You gotta wonder...

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I hope it is used correctly. That'd be pretty damn heinous if they laundered a bunch of it into places it doesn't deserve to go. Think of it like this.....That's gonna be a hell of a tax write off for those guys har har ha...em......errrr................lol.
    Today a man on acid realized that all of matter is merely energy condensed into a slow moving vibration, that we are all one, and there is no such thing as death. Life is but a dream.
    Here's Tom with the weather.....
    -Bill Hicks

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Anyone remember Band aid? they raised like £40 million, just for Ethiopia! What difference did it make for them? I mean, what good is money doing anyone? I believe its just an illusion, like so many other things planted into the middle of all out lives. But this is just one persons opinion.

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 times in 385 posts

Does anyone have a list of "charities" that are going to get the money, i would like to see them before i make up my mind. It's not that i don't want to believe these Billionaires are doing something nice for the less fortunate, I just don't. What is the mandate of said "charities" and is it really in the best interest of the recipients. Who is in charge of said "charities" ok lets say I am a billionaire and my goals are inline with the global elite, I', going to give money to people that are caring out said goals. Now if I can covertly depopulate by sterilization and live virus vaccines under the guise of "charity" then my goals are being met and I look good doing it. I really hope I am wrong but when ever I hear of Billionaires doing something from the heart for the good of mankind I HAVE to ask more questions and try as hard as it might be to get to the bottom of it. I do not for one instant believe that they have the human races best interests at heart and dont forget TPTB are very patient, just because their goals will not be met in their lifetime does not make them anyless important to TPTB. I hope im wrong, I hope that a great shift is occuring and the billionaires are living in STO, I hope that all the other people striving to become billionaires follow the lead and realize money is not real and not worth stabbing fellow humans in the back for, I hope but i do not count on it.

Peaceful Journeys. Wookie
    "The Perception of an Illusion is Deception, even when you believed it was real! Perception of Deception is not an Illusion at all!" Carl Stoynoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast