Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Teal Swan a hoaxer?

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Wink Re: Is Teal Swan a hoaxer?

wink/wink ...

Speaking of gurus ... Everyone's got a past ...

Even this guy.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: Is Teal Swan a hoaxer?

The plejaren gave a list of hoaxers, and her name did not pop up on the list , so I in leave it up to the individual, we must find truth on our own, atour own pace ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

AutumnW (6th June 2016), betoobig (7th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (5th June 2016)

4. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

I noticed Teal a few years back and I watched a few of her regularly posted videos - the internet enables us to indulge in the human propensity for 'following' self-styled leaders. The cults of personality extend into most areas, we seem to want these people to polarize our interests and beliefs, to be avatars of cultural 'niches'. Perhaps it is a feature of personal development, people from 16-45 or so seem particularly prone; as you get past 50 I believe we become less interested in 'following' and more concerned with assimilating our own perspectives, less liable to idolize; this could be my own onto-genesis however and I'm projecting!

The 'wisdom' Teal dispenses is certainly nothing 'new', or even novel, it sounds like good old fashioned common sense that is just finely tuned to the more abstruse aspects of modern life - I think she is simply a person with a strong personality and range of experiences that have given her a very 'grounded' outlook - if you listen to her you hear highly pragmatic, useful advice, moderation and open minded Skepticism. Really it could be anyone's mother, or grandfather speaking if they were also into 'new age'.

I don't think Teal Swan is a con-artist, but I think she is definitely making the most of modern social media and people's willingness to 'follow', to raise up and glorify - it is after all up to us how we conduct our own lives and what we accept as 'wisdom'. If Teal happens to make a good living off the back of this, well why not, people seem to be getting their money's worth and much of her materials are freely given. Value can be found in the most unlikely of places, as the world goes I think Teal Swan is the least of our worrries.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Akasha (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), Basho (6th June 2016), Bluegreen (6th June 2016), Chip (6th June 2016), Daozen (5th June 2016), littleOne (6th June 2016), Pam (6th June 2016)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

as with many other public figures lets see how it works out for her.. i personally know people that were helped by her well worded words of knowledge. she is young and there is plenty of fine-tuning of the message yet to be done.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Akasha (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), betoobig (7th June 2016)

8. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Thanks, WhiteLove, for your insight! Here I am at age 71 STILL trying to figure out exactly what this Love Thing is, or how it operates. Is it really possible to reject unconditional love? If we are all enveloped in this Unconditional Love, it's not possible to reject it, is it? Maybe we just continue along, unaware of its existence?
    Still wondering.....
    i think you can experience the illusion of rejecting that which you already are

and i think she is who she says she is

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 11one For This Post:

AutumnW (6th June 2016), betoobig (7th June 2016)

10. Link to Post #26
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 314 posts

A lot of things could indicate that she´s even a major hoaxer. According to this info, she has made up all of her past (pretty shocking, to me at least, as I´ve been one of those who gave credence to her): http://www.jessicamystic.com/exposin...l-speaker.html

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delfine For This Post:

7alon (1st September 2017), Atlas (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016)

12. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Well, well. Naughty, naughty. I've never seen these before. I am not shocked but stunned. I think Paula is right , they look photo-shopped. Too much gossip. Just take the message, decide for yourself, and leave the messenger alone. imo

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

11one (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), betoobig (7th June 2016), Bluegreen (6th June 2016), littleOne (6th June 2016), Morbid (7th June 2016)

14. Link to Post #28
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

See: http://celestialhealing.blogspot.com...eal-scott.html

Warning! Teal Swan is NOT a real spiritual teacher!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

7alon (1st September 2017), Akasha (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), Nasu (7th June 2016), RunningDeer (6th June 2016)

16. Link to Post #29
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 314 posts

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delfine For This Post:

Atlas (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Quote Posted by Atlas (here)
    See: http://celestialhealing.blogspot.com...eal-scott.html

Warning! Teal Swan is NOT a real spiritual teacher!
    Granted, she's certainly dug herself a hole regarding claims of being the reincarnation of yadayadayada of the blahtarians........
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Atlas (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), Nasu (7th June 2016)

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

I certainly get a genuine feeling from her and think shes doing a lot of good by speaking out and teaching what she knows. But of course it will meet opposition and envy and whatnot, but i think she is well prepared for dealing with all that. In things like this i find it best to just trust what resonates with our hearts, not over-analyze.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jan For This Post:

11one (6th June 2016), Akasha (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

I know this will sound cynical, and it probably is, but I wonder what kind of "following" Teal would have if she was fat, old or ugly? Does her message transcend her physical appeal?

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Agape (6th June 2016), Akasha (6th June 2016), Atlas (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), muxfolder (7th June 2016), Nasu (7th June 2016), Wind (7th June 2016)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I know this will sound cynical, and it probably is, but I wonder what kind of "following" Teal would have if she was fat, old or ugly? Does her message transcend her physical appeal?
    We are all born with the qualities best suited to fulfill our soul's true purpose.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jan For This Post:

11one (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), Morbid (7th June 2016), Nasu (7th June 2016), Wind (7th June 2016)

26. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think instead of going into her character or past to see if she's a fraud you should go into what she's teaching to see if there's flaws. If there's not, the other things are irrelevant are they not?

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 11one For This Post:

Akasha (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), Basho (6th June 2016), Jhonie (7th June 2016), littleOne (6th June 2016), Morbid (7th June 2016), Pam (6th June 2016), Wind (7th June 2016)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by 11one (here)
    I think instead of going into her character or past to see if she's a fraud you should go into what she's teaching to see if there's flaws. If there's not, the other things are irrelevant are they not?

I agree, wholeheartedly. Spiritual teachings should stand on their own. If you can apply the teachings and you feel your life has improved along spiritual lines, really, nothing else should matter.

I would also expect that a spiritual teacher would follow their own teachings and one could look at the "fruits" of that teaching. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect that if someone is teaching spiritual principles that they would have a high level of mastery themselves. Does the life and life style of the spiritual teacher reflect the benefits that I would like to receive by applying the spiritual principles learned from this teacher? Knowing the truth of that teachers' lifestyle might be problematic, however.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

11one (7th June 2016), Akasha (6th June 2016), AutumnW (6th June 2016), Basho (6th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (6th June 2016), Wind (7th June 2016)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

My only question is, if a person's daily life does not line up with what they are teaching, should I believe them? If it really doesn't "work" for them, why should it work for me?

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

AutumnW (6th June 2016), Basho (6th June 2016), Nasu (7th June 2016), Pam (6th June 2016)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,370 times in 4,614 posts

It's something that occurred to me in connection to this 'topic' but also , unfortunately, something I'm familiar with from life long experience , in the 'spiritual circles' especially.
    You may ask ''what's wrong with human body'' . The answer : ''there's always something imperfect about the human body except for when it's naturally young and beautiful''.

Beautiful mind and beautiful body can go together but they may be , and often are, almost polar opposites .

If all the spiritual teachings of the past focused on uncovering 'real values' through your mind as the only tool and advised detachment from this transient lull of corporeality ,
    and if they taught equanimity based on physical non-attraction, and gender non-distraction, it was for the best of the meaning of what the 'spiritual truth' have to stand for , themselves and the rest .
    Without mind, this body is like soulless dummy . Without life, it does not stay beautiful for long .

It always , practically poses some difficulty at least .. to males but females more I believe , to teach anything of spiritual value if people get too distracted by the looks.

The question is ... how would it be coming out in one of those 'hijabs' instead and is that a real solution to global warming.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

AutumnW (6th June 2016), betoobig (7th June 2016), GloriousPoetry (7th June 2016)

34. Link to Post #38
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    wink/wink ...

Speaking of gurus ... Everyone's got a past ...

Even this guy.

Giovanni,

For sure, we all have a past and shouldn't be held up to intense scrutiny for misdeeds, white lies, falling short of ideal behavior, particularly when we have been under extreme stress. If we are decent people, at core, and are making attempts to improve our understanding of life, people, animals, etc...through the cognitive, by acquiring knowledge, and through the heart, it is all good.

I have to take issue with those who not only don't seem to practice what they preach, but who gain traction through social media by lying in a huge way. And when they leverage the minor fame they gained through lying to manipulate and damage others, in their own social sphere, it should be a red flag.

To my way of thinking, the over emphasis on the individual being responsible for everything that has happened to them, can easily be used to withdraw compassion from others, and to unfairly burden them with blame for circumstances that are out of their control.

In interpersonal relationships, (particularly where there is a power imbalance) blame for bad behavior can be shifted from the one who has the most power on to those who don't. As gurus are usually in the power position in interpersonal relationships, they are afforded a wide latitude for manipulative behavior, through a misuse of their own teachings.

Love, understanding, humility and "do into others as you would have them do into you," should be the starting point that seekers should follow and use as their touchstone. All knowledge and understanding of the heart should flow through these very simple dictates. If not, we are in trouble.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Nasu (7th June 2016)

36. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 11one (here)
    If she is abusing others through manipulative tactics afforded her by using some of her own teachings, while in the power position with others, those specific teachings have to be held up to scrutiny.

37. Link to Post #40
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jan (here)
    We are all born with the qualities best suited to fulfill our soul's true purpose.
    If a guru is a beautiful woman, looks can be used to leverage power over others as well. Beautiful women have been defaulting to this advantage, for millenia. It is nothing new and not necessarily to be admired. It can be a 'tactic,' not a purpose or necessarily part of a higher calling.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Pam (6th June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast