+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats going to kill us (or not)

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Whats going to kill us (or not)

A number of scenarios have come up the last few years, which i would like to look at and if possible evaluate for probability and impact.

1) The "dark star" - thats the Deagle thing, you can read about it in Bill Ryans thread.
    2) The galactic superwave
    3) The next Iceage
    4) Total financial collaps - superinflation on a global scale
    5) The "local" dust cloud (local to the solar system)
    6) Global warming as explained by Wilcock (not by Al Gore)
    7) The PTB chipping/fascist global state
    8) Nuclear war (The Iran/China/USA/Russia scenario aka Anglo-saxon-mission)
    9) Release of chemical/biological agents (by chemtrails or vaccination)
    10) Artificial intelligence takes over (Terminator scenario)
    11) STS Aliens take over
    12) Runaway nanotech turn us into grey goo
    13) The sun gets spiked by an electric-universe-type discharge and fries earth
    14) Global warming releases the oceanic methan reservoires which leads to runaway greehouse resulting in a venus like scenario
    15) some asteroid we overlooked sends us the way of the dinos (did you know the size of los angeles is enough to wipe all life off the earth?)
    16) A CME fries the comm pathways (and electric landlines) - no food or water
    17) A local star turns Nova ( +200 ly radius) - and fries us
    18) A hyperdimensional gateway opens permanently and lets all kinds of nasty creatures thru
    (like in Reign of Fire)
    19) I get enlightened and become ZEN master of the universe with the biggest stick - and you'll all live to regret it!
    20) Supervolcanos blowing up (Yellowstone Caldera)

Does moving to Spain help? (not with 19 obviously)
    Last edited by samvado; 24th April 2010 at 15:48.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Default Re: Whats going to kill us (or not)

What about super volcanos blowing their top?
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by samvado (here)
    A number of scenarios have come up the last few years, which i would like to look at and if possible evaluate for probability and impact.

19) I get enlightened and become ZEN master of the universe with the biggest stick - and you'll all live to regret it!

Does moving to Spain help? (not with the last one obviously)
    This is the one we fear the most.
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

4. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by K626 (here)
    This is the one we fear the most.
    no pain no gain

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    What about super volcanos blowing their top?
    yep, add that

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

[QUOTE=samvado;12937]no pain no gain[COLOR="red"]

Luckily the likelihood of it happenning is 0.
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

6. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

[QUOTE=K626;12941]
    no pain no gain[COLOR="red"]

Luckily the likelihood of it happenning is 0.
    not quite, quantum-mechanically speaking

7. Link to Post #7
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

A few days ago I was surprised when this theme popped up while talking with a person I was not aware was into these things. She told me that she wasn't checking internet sites but she had spoken with many people about earth changes and she also does meditation. She thinks most people are going to die and that there are not going to be safe places but 'safe' people (i.e. people that is going to survive no matter what).

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I would agree that in the above scenario survival would be more about the state of consciousness of the individual rather than the place where one is - but those that have the state of consciousness needed to survive will be in the "right" place when the time arrives - if needed.

9. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Ok, someone very wise said to me the other day, assuming that we have an inmortal soul, that the body is just a "dress", and that we have many "dresses" what is it more important:

1) to save the dress or
    2) to learn to die properly, so when one dies one's consciousness goes to the place one wants to go rather than to some random place and worse of all, stays here to suffer yet another excruciating life/death?

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

No need for another new dress - time to move on ~

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Wink Re: Whats going to kill us (or not)

The question that intrigues me always is, why we are not being hit more often by many of the natural catastrophes that could occur in any given day ? Think about it as far as statistics you will have to be incline to accept any of the above scenarios as science fact, yet beyond what we perceive to be science fact I am incline to use my common sense to see that there's another side to this story along the lines of the metaphysical whether we accept it as science fiction or hocus pocus we just simply cannot ignore that our planet is either incredibly lucky or maybe luck has nothing to do with it. Beyond the limited scope of our 3D perception and intellectual capacity base on the present scientific understanding of reality we have to admit there are many things that defy logic and scientific reasoning. 2012 will come and go and we will be still debating about the end of times and the statistical probabilities of the Earth survival , so far the Earth has done pretty good to take care of itself , Humans on the other hand with our egos way on the clouds have fail miserably to be constructive contributors to our environment , unless we change our habits and relationship with our natural environment it does not take a scientific genius to know, folks we are in for some rough times all courtesy of our own doing .
    Overall despite the many dooms day scenarios I still remain optimistic and hopeful that the coming generations will eventually get their act together , I know the Earth would appreciate that.
    Maybe I am a bit naive to look beyond the dooms day scientific probabilities or too realistic to think 2012, aliens, will not solve all our problems. We as humans have to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions and begin to implement plans not just for our survival but beyond into becoming mature enough to realistically implement solutions . We know we already have the answers to many of the problems facing us today the question is, are we ready to do what it takes ? I want to do my part and I hope that my children will do the same because we are in for a long run before it is all said and done.

Blessings to all....
    Last edited by frank samuel; 25th April 2010 at 03:29. Reason: made a few gramatical corrections

12. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

My approach to the many catastrophes that may or may not happen is, first prepare for what is sensible to prepare and then be prepared spiritually. It is impossible to prepare for absolutely everything, never mind about how costly it can be!

The first time I bought stock food I had to chuck a lot of it because I did not like it and it went out of date. Now I only buy a little more than what I need on pulses and rice which lasts a long time and can be planted

We can prepare as much as we can but when the time comes and the hoards of people are roamming around desperate...well I don't see myself shooting anyone, do you?

Being afraid is pointless, as we are in this moment we are all going to die sonner or later. What difference it makes how one dies when one is at peace?

I certainly don't want to be a "surviver" and scrap a living here and there just to keep the body going, maybe I will never have to

Love

13. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

As nobody is picking this up, I will give my 2 cents in a very shortened version:

1) not a chance
    2) I cant really tell how sound his model is, it would throw out most of what we now believe is true in cosmology and physics, but that has happened before, still I prefer the HEIM model which reaches farther and does integrate (somewhat) previous results. - so I dont think its real in the end ...
    3) An iceage is overdue, thats what the icecores say, however, they dont always say the same thing and measurements seem to differ quite a bit.
    lookig at only the last 2000 or so years we dont need icecores to see from written history that it could get very cold very fast (little iceage). - so OK, I'll give t a maybe and would definitely not relocate anywhere in the north.
    4) Its overdue - but the PTB can play it any way they want. the dollar should be dead since years, but it isnt. so I dont know, could be next week or never .. I would however include it in my future plans and have reserves that make me independent of money.
    5) its there, it may get worse - how much I dont know. I dont count that as real immediate thread.
    6) see 5)
    7) definitely a threat. what can we do? rise consciousness on an individual and global level (ah, yes, we're already doing that, good thing too!)
    8) Nope, could have happened before, was somehow averted, will be again averted (by same mysterious forces)
    9) see 8) we should all be dead from aids - but no too many are ...
    10) I dont think so - in the emperors new mind its explained by someone a lot smarter than I
    11) they are already here - and its bad enough, I dont think its getting worse because if it could it would be already.
    12) no clue - I dont dig nano
    13) is the electric universe the right model? dont know, I like it but couldnt proof it. all depends on that question, it would be an ELE anyway, so no worries mate :-)
    14) possible if wilcock is right - also probable, maybe 1% in next 50 years
    15) only a small window of the sky is observed - it could happen. but we are still here so its not an everyday event. I would not worry.
    16) very likely and my main concern (as much as I do have any)
    17) nope, see 15)
    18) wouldnt that be fun ??!!!!
    19) ah, well ...
    20) likely, but not over 1% - or else history would tell the tale.

others ?

1) The "dark star" - thats the Deagle thing, you can read about it in Bill Ryans thread.
    2) The galactic superwave
    3) The next Iceage
    4) Total financial collaps - superinflation on a global scale
    5) The "local" dust cloud (local to the solar system)
    6) Global warming as explained by Wilcock (not by Al Gore)
    7) The PTB chipping/fascist global state
    8) Nuclear war (The Iran/China/USA/Russia scenario aka Anglo-saxon-mission)
    9) Release of chemical/biological agents (by chemtrails or vaccination)
    10) Artificial intelligence takes over (Terminator scenario)
    11) STS Aliens take over
    12) Runaway nanotech turn us into grey goo
    13) The sun gets spiked by an electric-universe-type discharge and fries earth
    14) Global warming releases the oceanic methan reservoires which leads to runaway greehouse resulting in a venus like scenario
    15) some asteroid we overlooked sends us the way of the dinos (did you know the size of los angeles is enough to wipe all life off the earth?)
    16) A CME fries the comm pathways (and electric landlines) - no food or water
    17) A local star turns Nova ( +200 ly radius) - and fries us
    18) A hyperdimensional gateway opens permanently and lets all kinds of nasty creatures thru
    (like in Reign of Fire)
    20) Supervolcanos blowing up (Yellowstone Caldera)

Does moving to Spain help? (not with 19 obviously)
    Last edited by samvado; 27th April 2010 at 18:43.

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I'd probably go as far as linking 4 to 8. It's normally how they play it. Other than that something to do with the sun (13) which has been getting a lot of attention lately in many quarters.

K
    Alan Watt

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

The sun is definitely acting it's part here lately. It's been quite stormy up there, and solar cycle 24 has only just begun. A massive CME seems to be the biggest concern with up top, without going into details of what exactly is causing these perturbations in our sun.
    There are other major risks, but most of them cannot be prepared for, so my personal concern is to prepare for something that is actually survivable; i.e. an EMP that kicks us back to the 1800's.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

16) very likely and my main concern (as much as I do have any)
    It is my understanding the most electric utilities are more or less prepared for CME's. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

"Canadian infrastructure owners and operators have developed effective operating procedures to deal with the threat of geomagnetic storms. Also, advance warning systems such as ACE and SOHO are providing infrastructure owners and operators with the necessary information to prevent negative consequences due to GICs."
    http://www.solarstorms.org/CanadaPipelines.html
    "Ultimately there is no such thing as meaning, only experience and creativity." ~Pleiadians
    My Website - Gestalt Reality

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

My vote is a supervolcano. It is not really a matter of if but when. Tons of info to back it up too.

http://www.cheniere.org/misc/British...rvolcanoes.htm
    http://www.earthmountainview.com/yel...ellowstone.htm
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Supervolcanoes
    Last edited by HORIZONS; 27th April 2010 at 22:21.

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

19. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    If you have the time: https://youtube.com/watch?v=WF-RK...x=0&playnext=1
    nice, I dont have the bandwidth now, but tomorrow I will get the 6pack :-)
    thanx!

the reason I put the caldera so low in probability is that its an ELE, and we are all still here, so we didnt have one for a looong time.
    but of course, that luck could change anytime.

I havnt researched them properly, have you? are there icecores that point towards earlier calderas blowing up?

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I think scenario 21) is much more likely

21) Simon Cowell (a reptiloid from the planet Arrghh if ever there was one) reduces the total humanoid IQ of the planet below 100 billion (yes I'm including all primates here) through increased viewing audiences for Pop Idol and ***'s got talent. Thereby nullifying our eligibilty for our sentient development aid grant from the galactic benefit council. At this point, we will be demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass.

Shame.

As for your other 20 scenarios, I really come at it for another angle. We've always been worried about death as a species and this is no different. In fact, it's irrelevant how we go when we go. But lot's of people are preoccupied with 'getting an edge'. So I think at a sub level that's why we have all these doom scenarios.

Actually, the real deal that wipes us out will be 25). The one that no one thought of.

I'm all for saving our breath and our brain cells and using the 'relative' microseconds we are granted here on this Earth to enjoy it and figure out what kind of contribution we are going to make, rather than how we are going to save our own ass from 'certain' death.

Because death, in it's physicality is certain anyway. Doesn't mean I'm going to look forward to it. Nor am I walking blind through life's problems.

But I sure as eggs is eggs am not wasting one further second on researching today's current 'favourite way to die'.....

No more Deagle for me thanks. No more whistleblowers thanks. How is the gulf of Arrrrrdennn for open stargates these days anyhow ? And how many thousand miles has planet X moved inorexably closer to us since last it was posted on this forum??

I think you've done a great job compiling that list though Sam... very thorough.

One last thought... just like a felled, unheard tree in a forest... is a threat still a threat if no one is currently talking or posting about it ???

K

P.S. You have missed one actually, the Mega-Tsunami, this is actually created by a large amount of debris falling into the sea, from a volcanic eruption, this sets up an enormous wall of water that will travel across the sea to the eastern seaboard of the USA and swamp everything. This is also overdue I understand. Some talk of Atlantis disappearing round about the time of the last one. I'm sure there will be articles on it on the internet somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast