+ Reply to Thread
Page 1415 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 415 915 1315 1365 1405 1415 1425 1465 1515 1822 LastLast
Results 28,281 to 28,300 of 36433

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28281
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Asgardia Space Nation

Space Science & Investment Congress

Published 14th - 16th October 2019

The vision behind the first Asgardia Space Science and Investment Congress is to bring 250 people together from academia, aerospace industry, as well as investors, who are eager to shape the future for living in space. The time has come to create space environments besides the ISS where humans can live for extended periods. The congress will focus on the science and technology required to support these first permanent space habitats, including:

Overcoming cosmic radiation / Living in artificial and lunar gravity / Procreation and growing up in space
    Other topics include life support systems, space tourism, energy harvesting, recycling, human performance, commercial space transportation, space physiology, new materials, space architecture, counter measures, astrobiology, water and oxygen supply, space debris, space weather.

ASIC offers a unique new forum to bring together experts and scientists from multiple disciplines, from all space agencies, universities and industries worldwide, to address these challenges as we look towards the future of humanity. The congress is for everyone who is curious about human spaceflight and paving the road towards permanent space inhabitation. The program will include topic-led sessions with top level key-note lectures, panel discussions, and individual lectures/presentations. There will also be poster areas in which PhD students and others are encouraged to present their work.

Day One

Opening Ceremony & Artificial Gravity Session

Procreation In Space Session

Day Two

Manufacturing & Industry Session

Session On Investors

Space Law & LEO Session

Day Three

Session On Space Physiology

Session On Radiation

General Session & Closing

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), william r sanford72 (16th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #28282
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

AmericaSpace.com

Mission To Earth's Twisted Twin: Remembering The Magellan Voyage To Venus, 25 Years On

Published 13th October 2019

Twenty-five years ago, this month, a tiny spacecraft ended a remarkable mission which successfully mapped over 90 percent of the surface of Venus and, in so doing, unmasked its cloud-obscured surface for the first time and revealed tantalizing truths about a planet so similar to Earth in size, yjet so different in virtually every other aspect. NASA’s Magellan mission—named for the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan, who first circumnavigated the globe in the early 16th century—had been launched aboard shuttle Atlantis in May 1989 and reached Venus 15 months later in August 1990. It went on to acquire unprecedented Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imagery of craters, volcanoes, flat plains, hills, ridges and other geological features on a world long described as Earth’s “evil twin”. So impressively comprehensive were Magellan’s results that they revealed more about Venus in four short years than had been achieved in centuries of ground-based observation.

Read all about it here: https://www.americaspace.com/2019/10...s-25-years-on/

Last edited by Star Tsar; 16th October 2019 at 15:25.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (16th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #28283
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NewsWeek.com

NASA Engineer Proposes 'Helical Engine' For Interstellar Travel With No Propellant

Published 14th October 2019

An engineer who works for NASA has put forward a proposal for a new way to travel through interstellar space—a "helical engine" that could, potentially, push a spacecraft forward without the need for any propellant at all.

David Burns, from NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, presented his idea on the space agency's Technical Reports Server, which provides access to documents relating to aerospace that were created or funded by NASA, including meetings, journal papers, reports and patents, among others. Burns' research, which he funded himself, is described as an "attempt to define an in-space propulsion engine that does not expend propellant."

Read all about it here: https://www.newsweek.com/helical-eng...travel-1465012

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/c...0190029657.pdf
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd May 2020 at 12:47.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), william r sanford72 (16th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #28284
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthSky.org

New Telescope To ‘See Inside’ Hot Jupiter Exoplanets

Published 16th October 2019

Exoplanets – worlds orbiting distant suns – are very, very far away. Astronomers are learning what some might look like, and what’s in their atmospheres. Soon – for the first time – a new telescope will be able to “see inside” some exoplanets.

Read all about it here: https://earthsky.org/space/nenufar-r...ter-exoplanets

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #28285
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Black Vault Radio

Grant Cameron | Stanton Friedman Files

Published 15th October 2019

Grant Cameron joins me to talk about his recent work within the Stanton Friedman files. He has made some fascinating discoveries thus far, which offer a rare glimpse into the work of a legend in the field that will be sorely missed.

Grant, a legend himself, will share what he has found!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (16th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #28286
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Hannibal TV

Travis Walton | Extended Interview 2019

Author of the "Fire in the Sky" UFO related book Travis Walton who the Hollywood movie of the same name was based on does an extended 2019 interview recorded in the area where part of his experience took place outside of Snowflake Arizona. In this video Walton covers his childhood, experience working in the woods and other jobs he's done, details on the other workers and friends of his that were involved in his situation, what he recalls from the abduction experience himself in great detail, what he dealt with upon being returned to earth, the Police investigation into what was thought to be his murder, the detailed psychological and medical testing done on himself and his co-workers, theories on why he was abducted, thoughts on his critics, thoughts on the Hollywood movie that was done about him and what was incorrectly portrayed in the movie, thoughts on other people who say they've had similar experiences, details on his personal life, why he thinks the aliens might be visiting earth for and a lot more!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Magnus (25th October 2019), william r sanford72 (16th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #28287
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Higher Journeys With Alexis Brooks

Mary Rodwell | Alien Abduction - Is This a FAMILY AFFAIR?

Just when you think you’ve heard it all when it comes to the perplexing reality of alien abduction and our interaction with non human species, along comes yet another account that is sure to stand you on your ear.

Mary Rodwell - a true researcher and explorer into the ET and human hybrid reality, continues to find some of the most intriguing stories on the planet - AND OFF!

This time she shares with us her communication with a family in Brazil, ALL of whom have had multiple interactions with non-human intelligence. But is this family dynamic an isolated incident or more common than we may think?

The answer may surprise you!!

Visit the website of Mary Rodwell: http://www.alienlady.com

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (16th October 2019), william r sanford72 (16th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #28288
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Project Serpo: A Top-Secret Human Exchange Program & Interplanetary Travel

In 2005, an anonymous source sent a series of emails to a UFO Discussion Group led by former U.S. Government Employee Victor Martinez.

These emails detailed the existence of an Exchange Program between the U.S. Government and the Ebens – alien beings from Serpo, a planet from the Zeta Reticuli Star System. The program was thus called Project Serpo.

The source identified himself as a retired employee of the government, claiming he had participated in a special program.

The program’s origins lay with the two UFO crashes in New Mexico in 1947, the famous Roswell incident and another one in Corona.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #28289
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Becky Smethurst

The Story Of The Search For Planets Outside The Solar System

The very first exoplanet - a planet outside of our Solar System orbiting another star - was discovered in 1995 by Didier and Mayor. They were awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize for Physics for this discovery. But why did they have to wait 24 years to win it? Often, it’s not just the discovery itself that’s worthy of the prize, but the legacy that discovery leaves. In this case, producing a whole new field of research in astrophysics and making 18,852 other research papers possible.

16th century - 00:44
    18th century - 01:49
    19th century - 02:39
    1950s - 03:29
    1960s - 07:46
    1970s - 08:56
    1980s - 09:28
    1990s - 10:08
    2000s - 15:22
    2010s - 20:34

Help discover more exoplanets by classifying transits in new data from the TESS telescope: https://planethunters.org

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #28290
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 17th October 2019 | Earthquake, Storm Alert, Comet, Baby Planets

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th October 2019 at 11:12.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (18th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #28291
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Five Newly Detected Asteroids: Close Approach All On The Same Day

Published 17th October 2019

Asteroid Station with a report on five NEOs due to make a close approach to Earth today.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #28292
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

Hubble Observes First Confirmed Interstellar Comet

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has given astronomers their best look yet at an interstellar visitor — comet 2I/Borisov — whose speed and trajectory indicate it has come from beyond our solar system.

This Hubble image, taken on Oct. 12, 2019, is the sharpest view of the comet to date. Hubble reveals a central concentration of dust around the nucleus (which is too small to be seen by Hubble).

Comet 2I/Borisov is only the second such interstellar object known to have passed through the solar system. In 2017, the first identified interstellar visitor, an object officially named 'Oumuamua, swung within 24 million miles of the Sun before racing out of the solar system. "Whereas 'Oumuamua appeared to be a rock, Borisov is really active, more like a normal comet. It's a puzzle why these two are so different," said David Jewitt of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), leader of the Hubble team who observed the comet.

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...rstellar-comet

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (18th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019), wondering (17th October 2019)

25. Link to Post #28293
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Space.com

How Can A Star Be Older Than The Universe?

Space Mysteries: If the universe is 13.8 billion years old, how can a star be more than 14 billion years old?

For more than 100 years, astronomers have been observing a curious star located some 190 light years away from Earth in the constellation Libra. It rapidly journeys across the sky at 800,000 mph (1.3 million kilometers per hour). But more interesting than that, HD 140283 — or Methuselah as it's commonly known — is also one of the universe's oldest known stars.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/how-can-a-star...-universe.html

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (18th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

27. Link to Post #28294
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

Moons Of Saturn

In today's image, we get to see 5 of Saturn's moons in a single image taken by the Cassini spacecraft. These are all much smaller than our own moon and are composed of ice rather than rock.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #28295
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astronomy.com

Jupiter Shields Europa From Cosmic Rays That Could Erase Evidence Of Life

Europa, one of Jupiter’s four largest moons, has an ocean of liquid water beneath its icy crust. In the coming years, scientists hope to send probes to the world to study the chemistry of its ocean and look for possible signs of alien life. One challenge is figuring out whether radiation hitting Europa would tamper with potential chemical evidence of life.

Luckily, it seems scientists won’t have to worry too much about this. Jupiter’s presence shields Europa from many of the energetic particles that stream through space, researchers found using a computer model. Though some of these particles, called cosmic rays, will hit Europa, the radiation dosage from them is not significant, the researchers report in The Astrophysical Journal Letters. This means that chemicals in Europa’s ocean, and signs of life they might contain, would be intact for future study.

Read all about it here: http://www.astronomy.com/news/2019/1...idence-of-life

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #28296
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exoplanets.NASA.gov

Discovery Alert: 2-Planet System Is Close & Weird

GJ 15 A b and c orbit a red-dwarf star just 11 light-years away, making them our nearest multi-planet neighbors – at least among the exoplanet systems discovered so far.

Read all about it here: https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/news/160...ose-and-weird/

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #28297
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Veritas TV

Elana Freeland | Space Fence & The Weaponization Of Earth

It is difficult to believe that our planet has been weaponized before our very eyes, but that is exactly what has happened. First, we were seduced by the convenience of a wireless world; then, atmospheric weather experimentation in the guise of carbons "climate change" converted the air we breathe into an antenna. Now, the geo-engineering we've been subjected to for two decades is being normalized as the "Star Wars" Space Fence that rises around and within us.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (18th October 2019)

35. Link to Post #28298
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Project Camelot

Mike Sparks | Skybolt Sabotage Of The Commercial Space Program, ETs & More

Mike returns to the show to discuss the history of secret space from the perspective of the UK & US.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #28299
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

MJ Banias

The Weird Desk | Warp Drive & Alien Metal

Streamed & Published 17th October 2019

This week, we look at the recent work being done by scientists regarding the possibility of faster than light travel and a deep dive into Tom DeLonge’s recent purchase of “exotic” metal from an alleged crashed UFO. This is The Weird Desk, all the news that just too strange to print.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #28300
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TheDrive.com

What We Know About The Army Teaming Up With Rockstar Tom DeLonge's UFO Research Company

The U.S. Army has confirmed that it has signed a cooperative research deal with former Blink 182 frontman Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science, more commonly known as TTSA. Far better known for its activities investigating reports and sightings of UFOs, which are increasingly referred to as unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAPs, this new agreement covers research into metamaterials and other high technology fields that border on the realm of science fiction.

On Oct. 17, 2019, TTSA announced the Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Army's Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC), which is now part of that service's Futures Command. The public affairs office at CCDC's Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC), situated at the Detroit Arsenal in Warren, Michigan, subsequently confirmed to The War Zone that this CRADA exists and that it will be responsible for executing it.

Read all about it here: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...search-company

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1415 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 415 915 1315 1365 1405 1415 1425 1465 1515 1822 LastLast