+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 12 52 89 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

Default Re: The Bible

A word from God teaching us about Christianity: "I AM JAHOVA. WORSHIP ME, OR ELSE! I HAVE CONSTRUCTED THE WORST IMAGINABLE TORTURE FOR THOSE WHO DISOBEY MY COMMANDS, AND THIS TORTURE WILL LAST FOR.........ETERNITY! NOW WORSHIP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah right go f*ck your dictating self
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Corncrake (18th November 2011), Curt (7th March 2012), D-Day (18th November 2011), Fred Steeves (18th November 2011), Gardener (19th November 2011), kathymarie (18th November 2011), ljwheat (9th April 2012), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), modwiz (18th November 2011), OneLittleFrog (18th November 2011), Precog (4th December 2011), Sebastion (18th November 2011), Seikou-Kishi (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by pharoah21 (here)
    A word from God teaching us about Christianity: "I AM JAHOVA. WORSHIP ME, OR ELSE! I HAVE CONSTRUCTED THE WORST IMAGINABLE TORTURE FOR THOSE WHO DISOBEY MY COMMANDS, AND THIS TORTURE WILL LAST FOR.........ETERNITY! NOW WORSHIP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah right go f*ck your dictating self
    Ah, but Pharoah, that's just God's Love...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

D-Day (18th November 2011), Fred Steeves (18th November 2011), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), modwiz (18th November 2011), OneLittleFrog (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), Sebastion (18th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Curt (7th March 2012), D-Day (18th November 2011), Fred Steeves (18th November 2011), Jeffrey (17th December 2011), ljwheat (9th April 2012), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), OneLittleFrog (18th November 2011), Precog (4th December 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011), Seikou-Kishi (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011), winnasboy (18th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

God love ya RedeZra! I've gotta hand it to you, you are one tenacious son of gun. Winning over souls for Jesus at Avalon must be like trying to pull teeth without a pair of pliers. Any converts yet that I've missed?

Carry on mate, go get em...

Cheers,
    Fred

8. Link to Post #25
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

RedeZra (18th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    God love ya RedeZra! I've gotta hand it to you, you are one tenacious son of gun. Winning over souls for Jesus at Avalon must be like trying to pull teeth without a pair of pliers. Any converts yet that I've missed?

Carry on mate, go get em...

Cheers,
    Fred
    thnx Fred ; )

soul fishing is bad business so i dont recomend it

but i actually believe this stuff so i cant help myself

---

that is one funny poster Pharoah21

and i mean that

but it's not really true

and i will explain

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

To Just add to this video what she is trying to say is when you have no love in you then your empty of it. GOD = pure energy = LOVE
    So because thats is the way things work and your a being of energy and the energy is LOVE also known as the "I AM" your result of recreating your new self every day becomes ether LOVE or NOT at all

Thats the choice your making
    Anger is only going to make things worse not better for your self
    Last edited by Mu2143; 18th November 2011 at 12:13.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

risveglio (12th June 2012)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

O BTW when you have made the choice then you become a demon or a son or daugther of the most high.
    Just think about this !!

Why do you think SATAN can not speak the truth and only lie even if he wants to speak the truth for the same reason GOD can only speak the truth!!!

14. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

I must be foolish for entering a discussion on religion or politics.....but I'm compelled to do so. I grew up in a Christian family,loved and believed in God from an early age (from being read a Bible story book as a toddler), made an early (and sincere) decision to accept Jesus as saviour at 8 years old; grew up in church; led youth in church; was church pianist from age 12 on; re-dedicated myself as a teenager and was baptized by immersion in the local river; continued in the church during my thirties while raising my children and MAKING THEM MISERABLE WITH MY LEGALISM. You don't know my heart, RedEzra, so I understand that you will not take my words as truth. Something happened during my early forties that can only be described as a crisis of faith. Even though I was adamant in my faith, I studied science and tried to reconcile the two. Whenever there was a conflict I allowed my "faith" to win. Just blindly ignoring what my heart said to believe what WAS WRITTEN. Every time objectivity tried to get me to THINK I merely invoked the thought that this must be the "enemy of my soul" trying to defeat me. I've bound that sucker "in the Name of Jesus" so much...I spoke THE WORD---prayed THE WORD....AT my lowest and most questioning period of fasting and praying...the words of Jeremiah 31:33 came alive to me.....THAT HE WOULD WRITE HIS LAWS IN THEIR MINDS AND IN THEIR HEARTS ....I believe in a creator/source....I believe that entity is LOVE. The things that always bothered my heart, that I ignored, were the instances where the god of the Old Testament did and said things that were inconsistent with "his" personality/spirit. Those words of Jeremiah were like a beacon to me....that the truth will be written on our hearts...on the INSIDE....so that we don't have to rely on a written word which may be manipulated/rewritten/ or even misinterpreted without intention. Without going into too much detail and boring you with my journey here, let me just say that the truth that radiates and resonates with me is that there is a basic, underlying truth in the Bible. That thread of truth is love. I do believe that the creation story probably is a re-telling of the alien astronaut theory. I believe the truth about everything has been hi-jacked for our misinformation, manipulation and bondage. I will admit that I have regrets about "Jesus"....you're absolutely correct that there is a red thread throughout the Bible...from Genesis through the story of Rahab through the Old Testament prophecies and into the New Testament. But if everything else has been tainted why not that too? I can only go by what Spirit has revealed to me. Some days I would tell you I am envious of your strong belief in what I USED to believe. If I could go back to blind belief I would...some days...but not all. I feel like Neo after he
    "awakens" on the ancient ship, in grubby clothes to a gray...but free...world. I wish you peace and love and blessings...not only for you but for all of us.

I might also add, though, that if you do due diligence in your research you will find the Gospels were written nearly a century after Jesus was supposed to have lived. Because they are "named" Matthew, Mark, Luke and John one shouldn't make the assumption they were the authors. The best and brightest of Bible scholars will tell you this....as well as additions later added...especially to the last chapter of Mark. Check it out for yourself with an open mind. There no harm in that....even the Old Testament says ( and I'll paraphrase because it's speaking about tithing) "prove Me and see...." If God really is God He can stand up to some scrutiny. I failed to mention that I actually went to seminary for awhile.
    [FONT="Impact"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]kathymarie

The mind is like a parachute--it works best when open.

15. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to kathymarie For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Beren (19th November 2011), Carpathian (6th March 2012), Corncrake (18th November 2011), D-Day (18th November 2011), Fred Steeves (18th November 2011), Gekko (28th June 2012), Ivanhoe (18th November 2011), Krullenjongen (18th November 2011), ljwheat (9th April 2012), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), Mare (18th November 2011), Mark (5th December 2011), OneLittleFrog (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), Precog (4th December 2011), raregem (19th November 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011), winnasboy (18th November 2011)

16. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

this is a fun poster

but truth be told it is not enough to believe Jesus is the Son of God to escape hell

so the poster could as well read

"I love you so much that even if you believe I am the Son of God you will go to hell"

why ? because even the demons in the Bible know that Jesus is the Son of God

"And demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, "You are the Christ, the Son of God!" And He, rebuking, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ." - Luke 4:41

"And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" - Matthew 8:29

i know this is so radically different to what we have been brought up to believe

but again a fallen spirit is the god of this world in this age

the only solution or salvation is to seek Jesus with all our strength heart and mind

we have the free will to do so but will we ?

besides Jesus as the Living God is already working miracles and revivals in the world

touching many millions of souls and changing them on the spot

take one serious step towards God and He will take 100 steps towards us
    Last edited by RedeZra; 18th November 2011 at 12:38.

17. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

What can we do. It's everybody's believe system. So if you believe something, that's truth for you and period. And my truths comes from my believe system, no better, no worst than any other, but different. If I am tolerant enough to accept other people's opinion and try not to impose mine, than the things flow quite nicely. When something produce anger in me (like the bible is true story etc) then is the time, to work on me, to try to understand that everybody is free to believe what he wishes.

Trying to proof something which is impossible to proof (a bit too long ago) just by my opinion, has no sense.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Davidallany (5th December 2011), Kendall (17th March 2012), ljwheat (9th April 2012), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), Mark (5th December 2011), raregem (19th November 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mu2143 (here)
    Why do you think SATAN can not speak the truth and only lie even if he wants to speak the truth for the same reason GOD can only speak the truth!!!
    You speak as if you're saying Satan is real and you had coffee with him and 'GOD' recently

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Davidallany (5th December 2011), ljwheat (9th April 2012), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Loveisall21 (18th November 2011), Seikou-Kishi (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

You speak as if you're saying Satan is real and you had coffee with him and 'GOD' recently
    In my dream I stood next to SATAN in forgiveness and I posted this dream here on avalon and yes I have been working to have a relationship with GOD by repenting or go back to the heart. this takes time and hardship

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

RedeZra (18th November 2011)

23. Link to Post #34
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by kathymarie (here)
    Some days I would tell you I am envious of your strong belief in what I USED to believe. If I could go back to blind belief I would...some days...but not all. I feel like Neo after he
    "awakens" on the ancient ship, in grubby clothes to a gray...but free...world. I wish you peace and love and blessings...not only for you but for all of us.
    Hi kathymarie, that reminds me of this: "Sometimes I wish to God I didn't know now, the things I didn't know then". It's too late of course to go back now, it can never be the same. Thank God, because at that point is where things really start to get interesting.

Cheers,
    Fred

24. Link to Post #35
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

O BTW when you have made the choice then you become a demon or a son or daugther of the most high.
    Just think about this !!

Surely an omnipotent god would have the ability to speak anything....???
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), TruseEthker (18th November 2011)

26. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kathymarie (here)
    AT my lowest and most questioning period of fasting and praying...the words of Jeremiah 31:33 came alive to me.....THAT HE WOULD WRITE HIS LAWS IN THEIR MINDS AND IN THEIR HEARTS ....I believe in a creator/source....I believe that entity is LOVE.

Those words of Jeremiah were like a beacon to me....that the truth will be written on our hearts...on the INSIDE....so that we don't have to rely on a written word which may be manipulated/rewritten/ or even misinterpreted without intention.
    hi Kathymarie

i believe as well that the laws are written in our minds and our hearts

so we shall know right from wrong

and conscience is a still small voice that tells us when we're wrong

still many carry on ignoring this gentle voice

but it is the laws and not the truths that are written in our minds and our hearts

to know the truth we need the Spirit of Truth or the Holy Dove Of God

the Comforter and the 3rd person in the Trinity

science is supressing much truths and planting fictions

but hello it is part of the establishment run by Satan

Jesus says "if you love Me then follow My commandments"

so if we by our own free will can walk in accordance with His commandments

then this is how we show our love to God

and surly most assuredly God loves those that walk in righteousness
    Last edited by RedeZra; 18th November 2011 at 13:03.

27. Link to Post #37
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have understood "something" here.
    a little happy and then sad but,
    Thank You All!
    ----"They have consigned them to be second-class citizens."---
    ::: If "it" is from the god, It should be best seller :::
    Laugh *hahaha and be silent after it

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TruseEthker For This Post:

Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), Mark (5th December 2011), RedeZra (18th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #38
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TruseEthker (here)
    I have understood "something" here.
    a little happy and then sad but,
    Thank You All!
    tell us ; )

30. Link to Post #39
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

I´ve read the Bible many times. It´s a great Sci-Fi book, a true best-seller. The thing supposedly happened more than 2000 years ago. There´s no way to prove it really happened.

If our civilization is completely extinguished and, some day in the far future, someone finds a Harry Potter book, he could very well claim that it was all real and convince people to follow this book and worship Harry Potter as the son of god.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

ljwheat (9th April 2012), Lord Sidious (18th November 2011), pharoah21 (18th November 2011), Seikou-Kishi (18th November 2011), winnasboy (18th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Sci-Fi does not exsit there have been telling you the truth all along, but because people are spiritual blind and claim that they can seen. They will simple remain in the dark.
    let put me it this way

If you can't find out what happened 2000 years ago then how are you going to figure out that you have been lied to. Where do you get the truth from!

How do you know what is truth. The Internet ??? if you can't discern what is true then your lost

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

Mark (5th December 2011), Sky (19th December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 12 52 89 LastLast