Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

1. Link to Post #1
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Default Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Hey folks,

Guys, I´ve heard about big birds carrying kids away with their claws, but I´ve never seen it on video!

I though it was an urban legend or something like that.

Lucky kid...

Cheers,

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 19th December 2012 at 17:48.

2. The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

13th Warrior (19th December 2012), 4evrneo (19th December 2012), 778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), Akasha (21st December 2012), amandapoet (20th December 2012), avid (20th December 2012), Billy (19th December 2012), Calz (19th December 2012), Cidersomerset (19th December 2012), DeDukshyn (19th December 2012), DNA (20th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), Fred Steeves (20th December 2012), genevieve (19th December 2012), Heart-2-Heart (20th December 2012), Holly Lindin (19th December 2012), im awake (20th December 2012), johnf (19th December 2012), kersley (20th December 2012), Kindling (19th December 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (19th December 2012), Kristin (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), Lifebringer (19th December 2012), lisalu (19th December 2012), lookbeyond (19th December 2012), mab777 (19th December 2012), markpierre (19th December 2012), meat suit (19th December 2012), Mozart (19th December 2012), noxon medem (19th December 2012), Ontarioguy (19th December 2012), penn (20th December 2012), Phoenix (20th December 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (19th December 2012), RunningDeer (19th December 2012), RUSirius (19th December 2012), seko (19th December 2012), Shade (19th December 2012), Shamz (19th December 2012), spiritwind (19th December 2012), Star Tsar (19th December 2012), Tarka the Duck (19th December 2012), Tesla_WTC_Solution (19th December 2012), Teti75 (19th December 2012), Theaterke (20th December 2012), Tony (19th December 2012), Vrilya (19th December 2012), WhiteFeather (20th December 2012), witchy1 (20th December 2012), Wookie (19th December 2012), Zelig (19th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Re: Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Damn, never seen that before, that kid is going to be famous for sure.

4. Link to Post #3
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

It must have heard about the Hobbit movie and was inspired.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc, in the middle of the city. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

Very suprising, I would not have believed it myself, here on radio, they say it is a hoax, but the video and the guy talking surely do not look and sound like hoax.

After saying Oh s hi t, he says "is your child fine?" the parent says yes while the child start crying.
    Last edited by Flash; 19th December 2012 at 18:03.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

bennycog (20th December 2012), Billy (19th December 2012), Jean-Marie (20th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), Ontarioguy (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012), Vrilya (19th December 2012), WhiteFeather (20th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Geeze. That would be a story to tell your grand-kids. But how would you say it? I was snatched by a lazy eagle?

I wonder what kind of therapy it will take to unravel that one.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

4evrneo (19th December 2012), Flash (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), Marin (21st December 2012), Ontarioguy (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012), WhiteFeather (20th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

Very suprising, I would not have believed it myself, here on radio, they say it is a hoax, but the video and the guy talking surely do not look and sound like hoax.
    It doesn´t look like a hoax or CGI, that´s for sure.

I´ve checked for CGI signs in the slow motion part of the video and couldn´t see any.

All shadows and everything else is perfectly where it should be.

Anyway, here´s another video showing that these animals are capable of carrying heavy weight:

Last edited by RMorgan; 19th December 2012 at 18:06.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

13th Warrior (19th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), genevieve (19th December 2012), johnf (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), Mozart (19th December 2012), Ontarioguy (19th December 2012), seko (19th December 2012), Theaterke (20th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

It is not a hoax RMorgan. I could contact the guy who posted the video if you wish, because that eagle has to be given some squirrels or rats, not children.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Ontarioguy (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Unless it was a newborn I think the eagle would not be able to carry it off, and even then it would probably not be able to. Humans are bulky and move around a lot, making the center of balance too hard to keep for the bird. It's usual prey weigh much less than an infant. I don't think it would be able to do it, successfully.
    Dingoes however, will steal your baby!...
    Last edited by Shade; 20th December 2012 at 02:21.

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

Wow. Unbelievable. A warning should go out through the media. Lucky the Kid was just a tad to heavy for the eagle. But a baby could be next. Sheez
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Ontarioguy (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

16. Link to Post #10
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Wow. Unbelievable. A warning should go out through the media. Lucky the Kid was just a tad to heavy for the eagle. But a baby could be next. Sheez
    The eagles have to be warned too now, i hope they will not be shot out of the sky now, i call upon the spirit of Jorr to protect all eagles, its people who invaded their space, not the other way around, when eagles start hunting in parks, something is wrong with wildlifenumbers, and thats probably due to humans.

May the Jorr be with them.

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc, in the middle of the city. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.
    That would be a site to see too, a golden eagle in the back of a cop car in handcuffs on his way to jail for attempted kidnapping and cannibalism!!!!

I don't think this is a hoax, eagles have to eat too and I'm sure in this birds mind he was seeing a meal rather than a human being.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Flash (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), Mozart (19th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Just subscribe to his site, all the newsparpers worldwide are after him asking to be contacted

Almost 3 millions views already

wilsonbrucea a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 16 minutes
    Signaler comme pourriel

Obviuosly a fake/hoax and not a very good one at that

Nathan Glover a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 17 minutes
    I find it amusing that so many news organizations ran with this story without validating it.

bobdoleish a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 41 minutes
    Well played, dear sir, Well played.

Simon Plamondon a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 1 heure

Hey MrNuclearCat, if this video is real, then I hope you reported the events to the proper authorities. City law does not take too kindly when it comes to wildlife attacks like bears, cougars, and yes, also Eagles. I just hope you did your duty as a citizen to avoid these kinds of things from repeating.
    crimlinwest a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 1 heure
    Fake or not well done. Sit back and wait for the highest bidder. Remember, timing is everything.

KlMlS a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 1 heure
    Habs !

Pierreluc Gagnon a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 1 heure

We also want to get in touch with you at the CBC. pierreluc.gagnon@cbc.ca

Lancefort Stryker a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 1 heure
    Why aren't you being interviewed? Is it because you know you fake this video that's why you don't want to be interviewed huh?

Cactass Dupree a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 2 heures
    I see alot of news peeps are hitting you up for the vid. Don't give it away. Sell it to the highest bidder. Good Luck

Cactass Dupree a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 2 heures
    I just stumbled acrossed the Vid. of the Eagle and the baby. I hope it goes Viral and you sir will hold the next record of hits on YOUTUBE and sink Whoopem condomstyle. Good Luck

Mark Memmott a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 2 heures

Add me to your growing list of media types who would like to get in touch. Mark Memmott, NPR: mmemmott@npr.org

Rick c a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 2 heures

Looked pretty real to me

tabernakdecolis a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 2 heures

c'est louche un account avec une seule video non? this is a hit, only on video and already an account. flash translation

Bonjour, je suis journaliste à la CBC / Radio Canada. On aimerait faire une entrevue telephonique ce matin. Pourriez-vous nous contacter 514-597-6120 .

MbossMusic a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 5 heures
    Congrats on the success of your video! All the best

revren mane a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 6 heures
    dope shyt haha

Tristan Péloquin a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 6 heures

Bonjour, je suis journaliste à La Presse. Pourriez-vous me contacter rapidement SVP. 514-285-7000

Jim Grice a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 6 heures

Hi I am from the Press Association, a news agency in teh UK. would you be happy for this video to be used on news websites in the UK if we provided an-onscreen credit please? Jim Grice, Video Editor, Press Association, London, UK.

orion9k0 a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 9 heures
    LeMark? Is that you?

greencalx a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 10 heures
    LOVE the choice of music.

VisionOneFilms a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 10 heures
    Holy Cow!, watch my cool short videos, too!

windrivercountrykid a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 11 heures

Cool Video! Glad the bird dropped the baby------

theosaurus a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 12 heures
    J'ai hâte qu'on annonce que c'est un fake. À moins que le soleil puisse faire de l'ombre à des angles différents...

Pepe Dman a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 13 heures
    quand as -tu filmer ceci ?

greaseDonkey a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 13 heures
    Sais-tu*
    greaseDonkey a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 13 heures

C'est tu si l'enfant va bien?

Pepe Dman a publié un commentaire.
    il y a 13 heures
    quand as -tu filmer ceci ?
    One guy says to check the shadows, this is a fake. Where are our Avalon experts?
    Last edited by Flash; 19th December 2012 at 18:24.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Mozart (19th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Shamz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeap I have seen this video a long time ago on the Planet Earth series -- where Eagles pick up mountain goats and drop them from good height so that they can eat them later.

After that I saw videos on youtube about eagles attacking wolves or foxes.

Never seen or heard eagles attacking little kids in presence of so many people - great VDO though and I am so happy that the baby survived.

Thanks for sharing

Much love
    Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

It doesn´t look like a hoax or CGI, that´s for sure.

I´ve checked for CGI signs in the slow motion part of the video and couldn´t see any.

All shadows and everything else is perfectly where it should be.

Anyway, here´s another video showing that these animals are capable of carrying heavy weight:

~~ Much Love
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in ( I am You and You are me )

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shamz For This Post:

bennycog (20th December 2012), Flash (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)
    The eagles have to be warned too now, i hope they will not be shot out of the sky now, i call upon the spirit of Jorr to protect all eagles, its people who invaded their space, not the other way around, when eagles start hunting in parks, something is wrong with wildlifenumbers, and thats probably due to humans.

We are in Canada here. The eagle won't be shot. It will either be displaced in the forest or fed. Tons of squirrels in that parc, the eagle truly have a choice of menu other than humans, I do not understand.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #15
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

We are in Canada here. The eagle won't be shot. It will either be displaced in the forest or fed. Tons of squirrels in that parc, the eagle truly have a choice of menu other than humans, I do not understand.
    I know virtually nothing about eagles, but if they feed on goats, how many squirels would it take to feed one eagle for one day? What i did notice the kid was wearing something on its head i belief or did i see wrong, perhaps the eagle did not recognize it as a human child and noticed its mistake just in time, or perhaps it was a juvenile bird still learning.

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The kid was wearing some sort of costume; Maybe the eagle thought he/she was another animal...

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), Flash (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012), ulli (20th December 2012)

28. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

Eagles are serious business.

Several years ago I was visiting a wildlife area with my wife, mother in law, and the dogs when we had an impressive encounter with a golden eagle. We were standing at the edge of a canyon, leaning against the overlook fence and watching two golden eagles "play". The canyon is about 1,000 feet deep and the eagles would dance in the updraft, then lock talons, and spin towards the river below in free fall. It's a really amazing thing to see firsthand.

Suddenly an eagle rises vertically in front of us (riding the updraft), about 15 feet away, and then hovers about 20 feet over our heads. My wife and I (who have spent the majority of our adult lives working professionally in the outdoors) realize that the eagle is spotting our smallest dog. It is as obvious as can be.

Meanwhile, my mother in law, god bless her, is snapping photos as fast as the camera will allow. My wife and I spring into action. She starts herding the dogs back up the trail towards the car. Our smallest dog, Peanut, (about 35 pounds) is shivering uncontrollably and doesn't wanty to move. She was painfully aware that she was about to be a meal. I start moving around in circles and waving my arms to confuse and deter the hungry raptor. We get the dogs into the car and the eagle peels off. Ar this point my MIL puts down the camera, and asks in all seriousness what all the hubbub is about, and wasn't that the most glorious and amazing thing.

To which my wife answers: "Moooom, that thing was going to eat Peanut!"

Another time, I staggered out of the Salty Dog Saloon on the spit in Homer, Alaska at about 3 in the morning (it's way too easy to overdrink when it doesn't get dark). I wasn't really paying attention and headed for a place to relieve myself when I startled two bald eagles who were perched on the side of a dumpster. They were not happy about being disturbed and let me know it. I went backwards to the ground in an undignified heap, glad to have not soiled my shorts.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), Fred Steeves (20th December 2012), lookbeyond (19th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012), Selene (21st December 2012), witchy1 (20th December 2012)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I know virtually nothing about eagles, but if they feed on goats, how many squirels would it take to feed one eagle for one day? What i did notice the kid was wearing something on its head i belief or did i see wrong, perhaps the eagle did not recognize it as a human child and noticed its mistake just in time, or perhaps it was a juvenile bird still learning.
    Believe me, enough squirrels there to feed at least 10 eagles. When i was running there, in winter, squirrels were hungry and would cover me from toe(boots) to head in the hope of getting food, as people do give them food regularly. There is quirrels everywhere around you when in the parc.
    Last edited by Flash; 19th December 2012 at 18:44.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th December 2012), Lazlo (19th December 2012)

32. Link to Post #19
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Believe me, enough squirrels there to feed at least 10 eagles. When i was running there, in winter, squirrels were hungry and would cover me from to head in the hope of getting food, as people do give them food regularly. There is quirrels everywhere around you when in the parc.
    Well, looks like stop feeding the squirrels is the way to go then, hard to enforce but it seems a sensible thing to do.

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

The video looks legit to me but, i'm know expert nor do i claim to be an intuitive...
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

34. The Following User Says Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Flash (19th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast