Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 8 18 26 LastLast

Thread: Integrity

1. Link to Post #141
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

Default Re: Integrity

Quote Posted by Mr54 (here)
    Hey Devil Pigeon! That was my sense too, things seem much more ordered recently to me too. I was just wondering where all of the dissent and aggression was to be found?
    Hey Mr54! Ah yes, apologies, just re-read your post. TBH I'm not sure whether the 'dissenting' posts are concentrated in a particular thread or are dispersed... I've not noticed anything particularly untoward recently anyway.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd April 2011 at 04:51. Reason: reduce nested quote'ing depth
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

Mr54 (22nd April 2011)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DevilPigeon (here)
    Quote Posted by DevilPigeon (here)
    Quote Posted by Corncrake (here)
    Belle

'IMO, FWIW, people will be lost to Avalon one way or another, Janos. If the people that have been banned return, some of us will leave. I have spent more and more time lurking rather than signing in lately. It is annoying to be on a thread I enjoy only to have it interrupted by someone who feels they must attack a poster rather than discuss the ideas that are presented. It would be hard to believe that their aggressiveness was not a deliberate personal attack, no matter what their justification for such behavior may be. There is enough of that in the world.'

Belle - I have been feeling just the same. It is hard sometimes not to take certain comments personally and as has been discussed on the forum ad infinitum this is mostly due to the way they are phrased. It is amazing the difference a few smileys or the occasional IMHO can make! In fact there was a whole thread devoted to this a while back.
    Hey corncrake can you point me in the direction of some of the posts that have inspired this thread. I've been here intermittently and haven't seen any. Sounds like things are getting crazy again!
    I disagree, I don't see things getting crazier... there'll always be the odd bit of noise, that's expected, but I think of late things have settled.

Hey Devil Pigeon! That was my sense too, things seem much more ordered recently to me too. I was just wondering where all of the dissent and aggression was to be found?
    Hey Mr54! Ah yes, apologies, just re-read your post. TBH I'm not sure whether the 'dissenting' posts are concentrated in a particular thread or are dispersed... I've not noticed anything particularly untoward recently anyway.
    When I think of how things were a while back things seem positively tame nowadays. Can anyone point me in the direction of some of the disrespectful dissenting posts?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr54 For This Post:

DevilPigeon (22nd April 2011), shijo (23rd April 2011)

5. Link to Post #143
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Okay this post has a bunch of nested quotes !I see this with an increasing and worrying frequency......The point of quoting is to give a reference to one's answer but often times you see this kilometric quote and a relatively small addendum from the poster, this makes the reading clumsy and irritating. I'm reasonably certain the reason for the long quotes is laziness by the quoter.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Anchor (23rd April 2011), Icecold (23rd April 2011), Isostool (23rd April 2011), mondaze (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011), winnasboy (23rd April 2011)

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

Sorry about that Gaia! I have no idea how to quote selectively, I always admire people who have the ability to quote multiple posts within their reply! Point taken though, perhaps some practice is required............ Apologies!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr54 For This Post:

DoubleHelix (23rd April 2011), Gaia (23rd April 2011), Gardener (23rd April 2011), Isostool (23rd April 2011), magicmanx (23rd April 2011), Ross (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011), winnasboy (23rd April 2011)

9. Link to Post #145
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Can anyone point me in the direction of some of the disrespectful dissenting posts?
    Hello Mr. 54,

Can I ask you to take a look at this post (https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...563#post202563) to better explain that dissenting posts are not a problem. If you look on the lower left of each post made by anyone, you'll see a small triangle. Any member can click that if they see a post that they believe should be reported, then the mods and admis look it over and decide if it requires action or just to "let it play out" (no action required.) Some members names get reported a lot, so it is not just the (volunteer, by the way) mods and admins that find some posts disrespectful, mean-spirited, attacking, trolling, etc. Often, if the posts are found to be a problem, they will be edited by a staff member to remove the problem (so it doesn't keep fueling the fire), or sometimes hidden or deleted if particularly nasty or ugly - and the members are informed. In reality, the entire membership can (and many do) moderate the forum by reporting posts. As Jake mentioned earlier, by the time someone is asked to leave or is removed, there is a lot of negative history that eclipses their positive history.

Dennis

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Gaia (23rd April 2011), Icare (26th December 2021), jjl (23rd April 2011), karelia (23rd April 2011), Mr54 (23rd April 2011), T Smith (23rd April 2011)

11. Link to Post #146
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    I'm reasonably certain the reason for the long quotes is laziness by the quoter.
    That is not my take. Rather my take is that the forum software makes such selective quoting as you recommend (and as I prefer as well) more difficult.

At this point I would estimate that a substantial majority of members could not easily trim down the nested quotes in the posts just above (without mangling the quoting entirely and confusing things more.)

Occasionally I will go through and mod-edit excessively nested quotes such as above. More frequently, I will go back and fix up the mangled quoting that results from users making a good faith effort to trim down nested quotes. In this case, I will leave the above quoted material as is, since your reply depends on it.

So far, that's the best we can do. If I knew how to program an easier quoting interface so that more ordinary users (not natural born computer geeks such as myself) can quote nicely,, I would. But I don't know how to do that, so far anyway.

Sorry about that Gaia! I have no idea how to quote selectively
    You are not alone by any means. No apologies necessary. The current forum software makes "nice and pretty" quoting too difficult.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd April 2011 at 04:37.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DoubleHelix (23rd April 2011), Gaia (23rd April 2011), Gardener (23rd April 2011), Icecold (23rd April 2011), Isostool (23rd April 2011), Lord Sidious (23rd April 2011), magicmanx (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011), winnasboy (23rd April 2011), write4change (31st December 2011)

13. Link to Post #147
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    I'm reasonably certain the reason for the long quotes is laziness by the quoter.
    That is not my take. Rather my take is that the forum software makes such selective quoting as you recommend (and as I prefer as well) more difficult.

At this point I would estimate that a substantial majority of members could not easily trim down the nested quotes in the posts just above (without mangling the quoting entirely and confusing things more.)

Occasionally I will go through and mod-edit excessively nested quotes such as above. More frequently, I will go back and fix up the mangled quoting that results from users making a good faith effort to trim down nested quotes. In this case, I will leave the above quoted material as is, since your reply depends on it.

So far, that's the best we can do. If I knew how to program an easier quoting interface so that more ordinary users (not natural born computer geeks such as myself) can quote nicely. But I don't know how to do that, so far anyway.

Sorry about that Gaia! I have no idea how to quote selectively
    You are not alone by any means. No apologies necessary. The current forum software makes "nice and pretty" quoting too difficult.
    I understand what your going thru and the restraint you need to apply when dealing with a lot of these posts.

Personally think your doing a good job, keep it up

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Icecold (23rd April 2011), loveandgratitude (23rd April 2011), magicmanx (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011)

15. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Cheers for that Dennis. I must have been avoiding the offending threads as I tend to do if they seem overly tense...........

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr54 For This Post:

Gaia (23rd April 2011)

17. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

On March 5th, I started a thread entitled, “Bill’s House”. I was shocked by the level of disrespect shown by some members. The sense of entitlement was so great that some people felt they could say anything to anyone, even our host.

A copy of the thread follows:

Bill's House
    I work with middle school kids and they are sometimes tough to deal with, but as of late, it's been pretty rough around here. My class is a mini-UN, with kids from many different countries, all in the 12-14 age group. They are taught to mediate conflicts for others in a school of 1,600 kids, of the same age.

This is how I feel about Avalon.
    I love it and it means a lot to me.

This is Bill's house and he has invited us in, given us a key and use of the grounds. In return, we should be grateful, respectful of other guests, and engage in entertaining, educational and enlightening conversation and debate. Wonderful, engaging, respectful, civil discourse.

Of course we will have disagreements and misunderstandings, but we should approach each other immediately with the problem, attacking the problem not the person.

No games, no mysteries, no long, drawn out mystery-posts with more drama than we even have time to keep up with.

Go to the source first, seek to understand, and then to be understood.

Folks, we need to be a cohesive team more than ever now. We are here to foster an understanding for new people and visitors to our site.

This is an excellent alternative news source and research group, not the latest edition of National Enquirer.

Bill, thank you for my key.

Respectfully, Mandala
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the feeling at the time that some did not only “get it,” they didn’t want to “hear it, or get it,” because this didn’t apply to them. The idea of integrity and respect didn’t apply to them because of “imagined entitlement.”

Bill needed to revisit this from his POV, and hopefully, this time people would make the attempt to understand. IIRC, Bill said, this was a conversation we needed to have.

At this time, what are you truly experiencing?

The Shift = To change position, direction, place, or form. It is happening, we are in the process. Notice it in your personal life.

Are you experiencing this change without a conscious effort? I have found for the past years, as many of you have said, old relationships are falling aside making way for new paradigms, thoughts and perceptions.

For myself. this is just happening. Integrity is so important to me, as well as truth, honesty, purpose, peace and human rights. I feel as I could no more change this direction if I put every fiber of my being into trying to make it happen differently. I don't think I could intentionally harm another person. I also find material possessions and things don't hold the value they once did.

I am more at peace than I have ever been in my life. I have never felt more love, and had the intense desire to show respect to all.

This site was the birth of my true awakening, and I love Camelot and Avalon. I also love and respect the people of this forum who come with true intention and purpose of love, integrity and information.

Do no harm,
    Peace and love, Mandala
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

astrid (23rd April 2011), Gardener (23rd April 2011), Icare (26th December 2021), magicmanx (23rd April 2011), Mr54 (23rd April 2011), Roseheart (23rd April 2011), sandy (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011)

19. Link to Post #150
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

I have no idea how to quote selectively, I always admire people who have the ability to quote multiple posts within their reply!
    Shortening those long quotes is fairly easy. There's a thread about how to do this.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...XT-here-is-how...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Mr54 (23rd April 2011)

21. Link to Post #151
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    As one member wrote to me (quite true - and this made me laugh):
    It is your house after all, and if someone repeatedly hoists their muddy boots onto the couch, carves their initials in the table, drinks too much, makes an ass of themselves and absconds with the silverware, then good riddance.
    That is bad behavior! But if you treat every person as a family member, you wouldn't just kick them out of the house. First you try to work with them to see if some learning and adjustments can be made, with the understanding that if that fails, then they will be kicked out of the house! People can be taught.

I guess it's the experience of being a father that reminds me that all of us, at some time or another, have needed a patient instructor to help us understand the error of our ways.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Davidallany (23rd April 2011), Dorok (25th April 2011), NinJin (26th April 2011), ThePythonicCow (23rd April 2011)

23. Link to Post #152
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

For the record IMHO (in my humble opinion) I do not understand why people on this forum have "silly" names like Mr 54??? or DropD, or Icecold and I could go on and on and on... very few use their real name??? What is that all about? I have never understood that. I have been on-line and on chats and forums since the get go. I have always been some form of my real name. What are most of you all hiding from? I have nothing to hide..I am in no fear.. it feels as if you with not real names are hiding something? Or in fear?

I sure hope that you all can see how this fits into this thread of "integrity".

Is it in "integrity" to not show your true self?

Just wondering and questioning out loud!!!

I have nothing to hide just google Kimberley Jaeger thats me
    Love to us all in all ways always!!!

And adding this to the mix.. You say integrity I say Bravery whatever... you say two for tea...what ever ???

http://stevebeckow.com/2011/04/archa...e-for-bravery/

Archangel Gabriel: Now is the Time for Bravery
    2011 April 22
    tags: Archangel Gabriel, Bravery, Marlene Swetlishoff
    by chezanni

ARCHANGEL GABRIEL, April 21-28, 2011

Channeler: Marlene Swetlishoff | http://www.therainbowscribe.com

Beloved Ones,

I wish to have discourse on the quality of Love called bravery. This quality requires the ability to know yourself and to walk your talk, even though those around you just cannot resonate with your truth. Stepping into a whole new way of Being requires immense courage and tremendous faith that what you believe in shall come into manifestation. Most of you reading this discourse have demonstrated this quality of bravery time and time again. It takes bravery to continue on your chosen Path and to stay true to this Path when you are not taken seriously by those around you.

It requires dedication and the following of your intuition, for following intuition is looked upon as a practice that is not based on concrete fact and evidence, as coming from your feeling body rather than from the realms of the mind and logic; nevertheless, those who follow their intuitive promptings can attest to having important guidance that proves to be uncanny in its unerring accuracy in the unfoldment of your Path. In these changing times, it takes much bravery just to awaken in the morning and pull yourselves out of bed to begin a new day. Brave it is to do so and to then take on your Earthly roles at the same time as your role of anchoring the Greater Light into the Earth.

This Earth is peopled by Souls who are the bravest of the brave for stepping forth when asked to come forward and step into the most challenging of circumstances ever to befall an Ascending Planet. It requires many skills, talents and abilities for you to weave opposing forces together into a Unity consciousness. It is not easy, we know, and your bravery in the face of all the odds that have been pitted against you is the stuff of legends throughout the Universe. At the core of your bravery lies the most powerful force in the Universe and that is the power of your Love, Love for the Creator, first and foremost, lives within your hearts with the most deeply ingrained intensity and conviction so that each of you are willing to endure whatever it takes to accomplish what was once considered the impossible. You it is who have known that with God all things are possible and so it is.

This quality of bravery is one that will continue to be brought forth again and again in the coming days and it is this quality of bravery that is depended upon in the Heaven Realms. It takes bravery for one to step into their power and their Light and open it to the rest of the World, for this can be frightening for those of you who have never felt the need for the spotlight, or notoriety or fame of their person, for in this day and age, what this stepping forth in this way means is the opening up of your sense of privacy to the scrutiny of the entire World where all is known and sent from one place to another in a nanosecond. This requires bravery to overcome deep seated fears of reprisals and persecutions, for this is what has been experienced by most of you in times past. To radiate your Light and anchor it into the Earth is one thing but to announce it to the World at large is quite another. We salute those of you who have overcome this great barrier to the shining forth of your true selves.

It is now the time to shine forth your Light and be the shining example for the rest of the World. By doing this, you move through old paradigms and help all incarnated Souls to do the same, encouraging them to also set asunder all that no longer works and choose only that which serves their greater good and the greater good of all. By your bravery you encourage others to find new solutions, new ways of interacting with each other, new ways of thinking, being and doing. By your works, they shall know you, Beloved Ones.

I leave you now to ponder on these words.

I AM Archangel Gabriel
    Last edited by Kimberley; 23rd April 2011 at 02:05.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Carmen (24th April 2011)

25. Link to Post #153
    Thanks

I have no idea how to quote selectively, I always admire people who have the ability to quote multiple posts within their reply!
    About time I learned how.

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo
    Shortening those long quotes is fairly easy.
    Hmmmmm Tricky tricky!

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo
    There's a thread about how to do this.
    Now that is useful! Many thanks!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr54 For This Post:

Gaia (23rd April 2011), Icare (26th December 2021), Isostool (23rd April 2011)

27. Link to Post #154
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)
    For the record IMHO (in my humble opinion) I do not understand why people on this forum have "silly" names like Mr 54??? or DropD, or Icecold and I could go on and on and on... very few use their real name??? What is that all about? I have never understood that. I have been on-line and on chats and forums since the get go. I have always been some form of my real name. What are most of you all hiding from? I have nothing to hide..I am in no fear.. it feels as if you with not real names are hiding something? Or in fear?

I sure hope that you all can see how this fits into this thread of "integrity".

Is it in "integrity" to not show your true self??

I have nothing to hide just google Kimberley Jaeger thats me
    Love to us all in all ways always!!!
    LOL. You have never been the victim of other forum members digging into your private life or information to use against you in an argument?

You haven't lived Kimberley. You will just have to live with people wanting to protect their anonymity.

The world is not the fairyland some think it is.
    Last edited by Icecold; 23rd April 2011 at 01:57.

28. Link to Post #155
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)

That is bad behavior! But if you treat every person as a family member, you wouldn't just kick them out of the house. First you try to work with them to see if some learning and adjustments can be made, with the understanding that if that fails, then they will be kicked out of the house! People can be taught.

I guess it's the experience of being a father that reminds me that all of us, at some time or another, have needed a patient instructor to help us understand the error of our ways.
    You don't think the Mods and BR have been patient enough with the trolls and thread-nappers? I do. And I must say I am really enjoying the peace, quiet and respect around here. I can hear myself think about the thread/post rather than wishing the obnoxious sob du jour would leave.

It may be boring but I like hearing the grass grow and the birds chirp (baby chickadees out and about driving their parents CRAZY today).

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Gardener (23rd April 2011), karelia (23rd April 2011), loveandgratitude (23rd April 2011)

30. Link to Post #156
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

i had written a long response to this thread, but somehow words aren't doing it for me much these days.

There just doesn't seem to be words to fit what is currently happening.

I seem to be "thinking" in sounds and light, vibrations now.

I don't really understand it, but i do know its happening.

We are in very magical times.

This clip sums it all up, forget the 2012 title, its not what its about.

Please watch.

Blessings,

A

Last edited by astrid; 23rd April 2011 at 02:47.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Miller (26th April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011)

32. Link to Post #157
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)

You don't think the Mods and BR have been patient enough with the trolls and thread-nappers? I do. And I must say I am really enjoying the peace, quiet and respect around here. I can hear myself think about the thread/post rather than wishing the obnoxious sob du jour would leave.

It may be boring but I like hearing the grass grow and the birds chirp (baby chickadees out and about driving their parents CRAZY today).
    I am a hot head. I have a temper. That's a fact. I try to post responsibly. The day will probably come when I need a course correction. From what I know of Bill, and from what I have seen of the current mod team, I trust that this will be brought to my attention in an appropriate manner and with generously allowing me to save face. Nothing more is needed. I trust that these measures were taken with others. I trust this based on my observations of Bill and the mod team.

No, I'm not sure why I feel like I have to post this, but here it is.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 23rd April 2011 at 02:39.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (23rd April 2011), Gardener (23rd April 2011), Hervé (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011), Spirithorse (23rd April 2011), ThePythonicCow (23rd April 2011)

34. Link to Post #158
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)

LOL. You have never been the victim of other forum members digging into your private life or information to use against you in an argument?

You haven't lived Kimberley. You will just have to live with people wanting to protect their anonymity.

The world is not the fairyland some think it is.
    Hahahah I have been a public figure on commercial radio for more than half my life I am 53 in a week and have been on commercial radio as a voice since 1976.... you think I am in fairyland. hahahhaha Love you!!!
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd April 2011 at 04:30. Reason: fix quote'ing

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Carmen (24th April 2011), Gardener (23rd April 2011), John Parslow (24th April 2011), loveandgratitude (23rd April 2011), ulli (23rd April 2011), yiolas (23rd April 2011)

36. Link to Post #159
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote when you don't like someone, it's usually because they represent something within you, that you don't like about yourself.
    If it's the actions they are doing, then yes. But the reasons why one may not like another is because of social brain washing, through religion, like children being told that a certain ethnic group is less human or more violent because of their genes. Another reason is if one had a direct negative experience with people from a different culture, they would tend to pass judgment on that culture.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Sierra (23rd April 2011)

38. Link to Post #160
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

For the record IMHO (in my humble opinion) I do not understand why people on this forum have "silly" names
    There are different reasons. In my case, my first name was already taken. Some of us also have investments, careers, or projects that can be damaged by our involvement here. It's not about fear. It's about strategic thinking. Is that really so hard to understand?

I have nothing to hide
    Lucky you.

..I am in no fear.. it feels as if you with not real names are hiding something? Or in fear?
    Maybe. Maybe not. It is only for me to decide what is the best course for me.

..I sure hope that you all can see how this fits into this thread of "integrity".

Is it in "integrity" to not show your true self?
    My true self shines forth as best I can present it. My name has little to do with it.

Touched a nerve here, too. Perhaps you are not aware that you are coming across smug and self righteous. People have different reasons for the choices they make. Not all of us are anonymous because we live in fear or are not willing to stand behind what we say and believe. I'm not trying to be combative. I'm askling you to think about what you are broadcasting. Perhaps you don't have the whole picture.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (23rd April 2011), jorr lundstrom (23rd April 2011), luciole (23rd April 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd April 2011), Roseheart (23rd April 2011), Sierra (23rd April 2011), TigerLilly (23rd April 2011), write4change (31st December 2011)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 8 18 26 LastLast