+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Deep Underground Bases - Uninhabitable?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Deep Underground Bases - Uninhabitable?

After listening to many Project Camelot interviews, and all this talk of massive super deep underground military bases, underground reptilian bases I begin to question the validity of such claims. (Bill Deagle, Pete Peterson, etc.)
    Especially the claims of bases 4 miles deep and deeper.

Your typical oil driller knows, that on average every 1 mile you drill down into the earth the temperature in the earth rises 25 degrees centigrade. At 2 miles deep its 50degrees, 3miles 75degrees, and 4 miles 100 degrees!!! At 4 miles an underground base would be uninhabitable being the temperature of a boiling cooking pot!

Now obviously geography plays a role as well, but consider the temperatures across the US at a depth of 6km (3.72 miles).

Notice how most of the continental US at a depth of 3.72miles sits between 100-200 degrees centigrade.

A base 1 mile underground at an average temperature of 25 degrees is conceivable...anything below that I highly doubt is possible, unless you have multiple power plants providing an insane amount of cooling. Or your in one of those few isolated spots where it actually happens to be cool. See green spots on map above.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 26th April 2010 at 02:49.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Default Re: Deep Underground Bases - Uninhabitable?

But, what if you consider the hollow earth theory?

If there's something to that, then if they're not drilling the whole way through to the other side, then possibly the further you get beyond the heat of the centre point going toward the inner surface, the more it starts to cool again.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    But, what if you consider the hollow earth theory?
    Your evidence for hollow earth theory?

Quote If there's something to that, then if they're not drilling the whole way through to the other side, then possibly the further you get beyond the heat of the centre point going toward the inner surface, the more it starts to cool again.
    You totally lost me. Please elaborate.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gestalt (here)
    Your evidence for hollow earth theory?
    Well, Gestalt, it's not really 'my' evidence - I'm open to the hollow earth theory, but whether it's true or not, I couldn't say, but here are some links if you want to look into it and draw your own conclusions.
    http://www.hollowearththeory.com/
    http://www.crystalinks.com/hollowearth.html
    http://www.ourhollowearth.com/
    http://paranormal.about.com/od/hollo...a/aa022206.htm

There are more sites, but they should do to be getting on with.

You totally lost me. Please elaborate.

OK, well, if you visualise the earth as being like a tennis ball, you have the outer layer, and then you have the inner layer, and the depth of the rubber is what's in between. In that rubber layer some parts may be pockets of lava and some may be dense earth.
    Possibly the centre of that rubber is where the heat is most intense, but when you pass through the midsection going toward the inner surface, it may have the same cooling as on the outer surface. That is, the further you move away from the centre, the cooler it gets.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Chrononaut (9th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

It's an interesting question but we still don't know for sure if these bases even exist or not.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

OK, well, if you visualise the earth as being like a tennis ball, you have the outer layer, and then you have the inner layer, and the depth of the rubber is what's in between. In that rubber layer some parts may be pockets of lava and some may be dense earth.
    Possibly the centre of that rubber is where the heat is most intense, but when you pass through the midsection going toward the inner surface, it may have the same cooling as on the outer surface. That is, the further you move away from the centre, the cooler it gets.
    While hollow earth theory looks interesting, it doesn't seem like there are any serious scientists that support it. And the evidence for it is highly circumstantial at best.
    In any case thanks for elaborating, what you said makes much better sense now. However even in hollow earth theory... the center of the rubber in your analogue as far as were concerned seems to be several km's to 100's of km thick full of hot molten magma that still radiates an incredible amount of heat even to 1-3+ miles below any point on the outer earth's surface. Thus making any deep underground bases deeper than 1 mile almost an impossibility.

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Humble Janitor (here)
    It's an interesting question but we still don't know for sure if these bases even exist or not.
    Assuming that they do exist.
    Aren't there pictures of them?
    And patents for absolutely huge earth digging machines?

Why make something like that up?
    And why don't we think there shouldn't/wouldn't be these huge undeground bases?

To me, it neither really here or there in the scheme of things. What does it alter if there aren't any underground bases?

9. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote It's an interesting question but we still don't know for sure if these bases even exist or not.
    Precisely my point. Doesn't really seem logically possible for the most part.

Quote To me, it neither really here or there in the scheme of things. What does it alter if there aren't any underground bases?
    It just disproves, some of the Camelot 'whistleblowers' claims, calling into question their other claims as well.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 26th April 2010 at 04:16.

10. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by Humble Janitor (here)
    They do... one of them (famous) is at Area 51.
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

11. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

While hollow earth theory looks interesting, it doesn't seem like there are any serious scientists that support it. And the evidence for it is highly circumstantial at best.
    In any case thanks for elaborating, what you said makes much better sense now. However even in hollow earth theory... the center of the rubber in your analogue as far as were concerned seems to be several km's to 100's of km thick full of hot molten magma that still radiates an incredible amount of heat even to 1-3+ miles below any point on the outer earth's surface. Thus making any deep underground bases deeper than 1 mile almost an impossibility.
    By serious science - do you mean that it's not in the science books, or on the news? Or the scientists investigating this aren't on government payroll? When does it become serious science? Serious science says mobile phones don't give you brain cancer - despite evidence that the raise in brain cancers has increased exponentially since they were produced.

We are assuming that below the earth is just flowing lava - because that's what we've been told.

Now, we can forget what we've been told by those who have been telling us a whole load of crap for years, we can look about us, and we can take in the information that is available to us through this wonderful medium that is the internet and we can draw our own conclusions, without waiting for 'Serious Science' to OK it for us.

So, if we consider the hollow earth theory, it makes it possible for underground bases to exist.
    If we consider the theory that below the surface of the earth there is simply nothing but molten lava - then the bases very likely don't exist for obvious reasons.

12. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

In any case thanks for elaborating, what you said makes much better sense now.
    I don't know exactly who do you call "serious scientists", hopefully not the ones that are controlled by the TPTB.
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    They do... one of them (famous) is at Area 51.
    It just so happens that Area 51 is over a particular hot area of the earth's crust, and any underground base couldn't be much deeper than 1 mile.
    Even so, 1 mile is plenty of room to build a fairly large underground base. The tallest building in the world is just over half a mile tall.

14. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

It just so happens that Area 51 is over a particular hot area of the earth's crust, and any underground base couldn't be much deeper than 1 mile.
    Even so, 1 mile is plenty of room to build a fairly large underground base. The tallest building in the world is just over half a mile tall.
    Isn't 1 mile deep enough? If you are sure about that...
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Precisely my point. Doesn't really seem logically possible for the most part.

Well, it can seem very logical if one considers that we have been misled about the earth and its construction. It only seems illogical because you have a preconceived idea put there by an authority that history has evidenced misleading us for years.

It just disproves, some of the Camelot 'whistleblowers' claims, calling into question their other claims as well.
    I agree with that, Gestalt. I like to listen to the interviews while I'm doing something else - it tends to put me in a meditative state of mind and I find I can tell by the nuance of their voice as to whether or not what they are saying is true - or if they believe what they're saying is true - and so I start with that basis.

But still, we are left wondering if these whistleblowers are only telling their truth from their level of knowledge. Or have they been 'brainwashed' into believing a truth that doesn't exist.
    Personally, my view is to not hold on too tightly to anything - but that goes also for what we have been led to believe since the day we were born. Wipe the slate clean.
    We have our own internal system for recognising the truth - we just have to clear it of all the misconceptions that have been put there already.

16. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

By serious science - do you mean that it's not in the science books, or on the news? Or the scientists investigating this aren't on government payroll?
    I am talking about any professional scientist with a post secondary science education at the Masters level and above.

The father and son team, Kevin J. Taylor and Matthew J. Taylor, the coauthors of The Land of No Horizon, have NO post secondary science training whatsoever as far as I can tell.

Quote We are assuming that below the earth is just flowing lava - because that's what we've been told.
    No that is NOT an assumption. For every time we drill for oil.....and we do that all over the planet... the deeper we drill the hotter the oil is that comes out. This is a fact...not an assumption.

17. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I am talking about any professional scientist with a post secondary science education at the Masters level and above.

The father and son team, Kevin J. Taylor and Matthew J. Taylor, the coauthors of The Land of No Horizon, have NO post secondary science training whatsoever as far as I can tell. .
    So, in what? 5 minutes you read through all those links posted and have established the educational degrees of all of those holding that theory to be valid? I don't theenk so.
    Besides, what does a degree mean? Stupid people can get degrees and intelligent people can make intelligent discoveries without a piece of paper deeming that discovery worthwhile.
    Come to think of it, I don't think Einstein had a degree.
    Did Copernicus have a degree?
    Leonardo DaVinci?

No that is NOT an assumption. For every time we drill for oil.....and we do that all over the planet... the deeper we drill the hotter the oil is that comes out. This is a fact...not an assumption.
    Of course it's an ssumption. For it not to be an assumption we must first drill holes all over the place. Considering most of the earth is covered in water, there goes a whole lot of potential drilling area. If the underground bases do exist, then there's your proof that disolves the theory that so far below the surface of the earth is only boiling lava.
    And the last bit of evidence that it's an assumption is that if it were 'proven' beyond a doubt - you wouldn't have people discussing a hollow earth theory or people talking about underground bases.

18. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Here's another thought. The bottom of the ocean should be quite warm if it is in closer contact to the lava field, but...
    "As you can see, the temperature is lowest at about 1.5 oC at around 3000 metres, and increases to around 2.5 oC at the bottom (2.48 oC at 10035 m, if you want to be exact). The reason that the temperature starts to increase with depth is because pressure increases with depth (the deeper in the ocean one goes, the more water is pressing down from above). The pressure "squeezes" the water molecules closer together, which increases the number of collisions between molecules, and produces heat. "
    Taken from:http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...4112.Eg.r.html

19. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

So, in what? 5 minutes you read through all those links posted and have established the educational degrees of all of those holding that theory to be valid? I don't theenk so.
    Besides, what does a degree mean? Stupid people can get degrees and intelligent people can make intelligent discoveries without a piece of paper deeming that discovery worthwhile.
    Come to think of it, I don't think Einstein had a degree.
    Did Copernicus have a degree?
    Leonardo DaVinc?
    Obviously education isn't the be all end all, it just helps in building credibility for your theory. All the hollow earth theory's lack credibility and evidence.

Quote Of course it's an ssumption. For it not to be an assumption we must first drill holes all over the place. Considering most of the earth is covered in water, there goes a whole lot of potential drilling area. If the underground bases do exist, then there's your proof that disolves the theory that so far below the surface of the earth is only boiling lava.
    And the last bit of evidence that it's an assumption is that if it were 'proven' beyond a doubt - you wouldn't have people discussing a hollow earth theory or people talking about underground bases.
    Ever heard of off-shore oil platforms? Lot's of drilling goes on in the ocean. Where is you're evidence that the deeper you drill into the earth's crust the cooler it becomes?!?!? Please present counter evidence.

Even in hollow earth theory, not sure how much you have actually read, but as you even stated, the center of the tennis layer could be all lava. Magma beneath the entire outer earth layer does not discount hollow earth theory!

Underground bases can still exist, I never said they couldn't, its just their depth is limited. When people say there is an underground base 4miles deep, in southern Nevada, or where have you they are probably making it up.

20. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Obviously education isn't the be all end all, it just helps in building credibility for your theory.
    Possibly - but having people believe it isn't what makes it true.

All the hollow earth theory's lack credibility and evidence[/b].
    How?
    I listened to the radio interview and saw no reason to consider it impossible.

Ever heard of off-shore oil platforms? Lot's of drilling goes on in the ocean. Where is you're evidence that the deeper you drill into the earth's crust the cooler it becomes?!?!? Please present counter evidence.
    Well, how about water wells? The deeper they go the colder the water that comes from them.
    How about the bottom of the ocean being cold?
    Thought: Perhaps the fact that there is lava in the location of oil mines is relevant. No heat = no lava = no oil deposits.

Even in hollow earth theory, not sure how much you have actually read, but as you even stated, the center of the tennis layer could be all lava. Magma beneath the entire outer earth layer does not discount hollow earth theory!
    Very true - apparently the opening (or one of them) is supposed to be over one of the poles. But we were discussing how it could be possible for underground bases to exist and if it were all lava it wouldn't be possible - as far as I can tell.
    I was just offering up how it could be possible taking the hollow earth theory into account.

Underground bases can still exist, I never said they couldn't, its just their depth is limited. When people say there is an underground base 4miles deep, in southern Nevada, or where have you they are probably making it up.
    If below the surface of the earth is lava - I agree.
    Out of curiosity - has anyone stated the actual depth of a base or has it been a guesswork estimation?

21. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member Vidya Moksha's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not been funny, but the most stupid, impractical people i have ever met have PhDs. I view most scientists with incedulity these days (i am a professional scientist (really lol), what does that mean? it means I get paid to do scientific research.. so what? i know people far more intelligent than me who dont have university degrees, and they dont carry all the misinformed dogma my mind is cluttered with)... Science is dogma for the most part... and i dont care for dogma much...

there was a group that chartered a research vessel to go to the north pole to look for a 'depression' in the earth's crust, which they claimed was an entrance to the hollow earth, i dont have the link or details now but am interested to find it again, anyone know about it?

they claim the earth cannot have a molten core because?....? i forget.. but it has to be hollow they claim... this is from distant memory,, just typing what i remember, if i have time and can find the links i will post them here...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast