Thread: The Voynich Manuscript: the book that can't be read

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,863 times in 3,179 posts

Default Re: The Voynich Manuscript: the book that can't be read

Quote Posted by Amenjo (here)
    Thank you Meeradas, It's the first time I have heard Mckenna's take on the manuscript.
    You're very welcome. Am herewith fwd'ing your thanks to MariaDine, who i borrowed the link from [Thanks, MariaDine!]

2. Link to Post #42
    Great Britain Avalon Member Amenjo's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Maria,

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

3. Link to Post #43
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi Amenjo

Thanks for starting this thread - I first read about this in Von Daniken's History is Wrong. The lady that postulates the Italian scrambled code theory is Edith Sherwood:

http://www.edithsherwood.com/

What interested me was how she is linking it with Leonardo Da Vinci - which would be commensurate with the carbon dating. Da Vinci is rumoured to have had dealings with esoteric societies, as well as Newton. Just a thought to add to the bag!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunar For This Post:

Amenjo (15th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 times in 407 posts

nice find,very interesting.
    but one question.
    1.what makes you think that atticus or st germaine would know anything about this.
    I mean ,correct me if i am wrong but Atticus has never posted anything on here that is backed up with any evidence whatsoever.
    If I am wrong...you know what to do folks...plenty of forum space....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to the trojan For This Post:

Amenjo (15th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #45
    Great Britain Avalon Member Amenjo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by the trojan (here)
    nice find,very interesting.
    but one question.
    1.what makes you think that atticus or st germaine would know anything about this.
    I mean ,correct me if i am wrong but Atticus has never posted anything on here that is backed up with any evidence whatsoever.
    If I am wrong...you know what to do folks...plenty of forum space....
    Hi Trojan,

I suppose I was hoping he might enter into a dialogue about it, because if the things he states about his master are true, then he would, I presume have a good understanding of this, being as St. Germain was in the public eye around the time the book was written.

Worth a try I suppose.

Love and Truth,

Amenjo.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amenjo For This Post:

the trojan (12th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Atticus has never posted anything publicly, although he has been invited to do so.

One could quite reasonably assert that the manuscript is not from this 'place', as suggested by Carmody.

Is it so difficult to imagine that this information is alien to this world/dimension?...the 'extinct' plants, the unintelligible language, the absence of the male form (from a time that was predominantly a patriarchal society), the obvious similarities to this world combined with strange and utterly foreign images?

It is safely housed, cloistered behind the ivy league walls of the elite. The images the public are privy to cannot be magnified to a resolution which is high enough to conduct an in depth study.

'Hidden in plain sight' would be an apt description.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Amenjo (12th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 times in 407 posts

there are page numbers on the corners and they are legible......so i dont think they are from another planet or dimension or........
    as to the plants which are no longer on this earth,well,imagine someone doing a wee version of this at the present time.
    drawings of bees may well be looked upon in the future as weird....that is if they become extinct..

12. Link to Post #48
    Argentina Avalon Member mcaballero's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the reference I mentioned earlier (regarding the italian anagram hypothesis). I know it was not published in a respectable magazine, but I find the ideas fascinating :-).

http://www.edithsherwood.com/voynich_decoded/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mcaballero For This Post:

Amenjo (12th March 2011)

14. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

It looks like a study of vascular ferns and their reproductive spores, along with water transport... disection of the stems, roots, leaves, etc... Looks like a monk's work or someone interested in botany.

http://www.home.aone.net.au/~byzantium/ferns/about.html

As for the language, most definitely human. If done in the 14-15th century, could have been written in a differenct language in order to cover up the information and the source, due to religious tyrany.

The zodiac is also a way of dating and locating a spot on the face of the earth. Cannot remember the page but found it interesting as to the way the milky way was referenced. Note the count of 7 planets, and the sun on the left side of the circle on the same drawing. I could be completely wrong but... that's part of what I see. Someone should be able to translate this, as the parts of the plant system are named. Also, if I remember from my studies of a while past, ferns have a 24 month cycle.

And now I've run into the Episcopal Palace (s) of 14th-15th Centuries. May be worthy to note in botany. St Francis? Franciscans?
    Last edited by sygh; 12th March 2011 at 20:44.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygh For This Post:

Amenjo (12th March 2011), mcaballero (16th March 2011)

16. Link to Post #50
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Voynich Manuscript - At least 400 years old, this is a 232-page illuminated manuscript entirely written in a secret script. It is filled with copious drawings of unidentified plants, herbal recipes of some sort, astrological diagrams, and many small human figures in strange plumbing-like contraptions. The script is unlike anything else in existence, but is written in a confident style, seemingly by someone who was very comfortable with it. In 2004 there were some compelling arguments which described a technique that would seemingly prove that the manuscript was a hoax, but to date, none of the described techniques have been able to replicate a single section of the Manuscript, so speculations continue

The link below is a quick guide to the book

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...NXFUqdBs_5xbaA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This link is for the full pdf file below.The pdf file is quite big 209 pages long but what a fascinating book wow

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13147853450314

17. Link to Post #51
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

My first thought is that it was a manufactured book written in medieval times to satisfy the demand for magical or scientific books. It is highly illustrated and contains pages of illegible texts - so could be sold for a high price. Probably written by an ex monk who was a trained scribe and used to writing, but now made money for himself "discovering" rare books. Considering it is dated by the materials to that time - where else would the unknown plants be found? Certainly not another planet unless he brought the book with him - but wouldn't they have better paper or something else to record the information on if that was the case?
    The writing is decipherable purely because it was made that way - long enough for the originator to leave. If you made up a new language within a day or so, I suspect you would write something similar based on your native language - in this case likely latin. Therefore the words should follow the same linking pattern and length as latin words.
    Daniel 12 9-10 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. "

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richie_asg1 For This Post:

Lord Sidious (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

19. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

In this doc. (transcript of the his videos Captain Bill explains a bit about Voinich Script. it's talking about the notebook of an galactic student, maybe child, lost the notebook in a scientific trip to Earth.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CIekt4wE

Also our dear OnixlKnight said something about it. His knowledge of the scripts of various species guided him to the conclusion which race could have this kind of written language, but I do not know exactly where in his vast information.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), The One (31st August 2011)

21. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,992 times in 1,577 posts

Very interesting and to date has not been deciphered..........

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

kudzy (14th December 2012), lookbeyond (22nd June 2013), merkabagirll (14th December 2012), MorningSong (22nd June 2013), nickc2496 (17th December 2012), sandy (14th December 2012), Violet (18th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Super intriguing I love mystery and this book certainly is one. Thank you for the video Referee
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

lookbeyond (22nd June 2013), Referee (14th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #55
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 314 posts

Somebody claims to have decoded it:
    http://www.amazon.com/Voynich-Manusc...ich+manuscript

26. The Following User Says Thank You to delfine For This Post:

Referee (14th December 2012)

27. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Perhaps because the planet stops and reverses, it is a book of those times going in the opposite direction where the zodiac signs go in the opposite direction. Is this possible when the Earth rotates counter clockwise, to clockwise, and if so do the zodialogical signs as the rotation of orbit is reversed, are they to also revolve the opposite way on our new horizon and is that what they mean by a new Heaven and Earth because of what happens when this all does occur?

Hmm...something to ponder, either way, i'm workin on my soul's future travel and relieve my heart and mind of negatives and harsh feelings so I too can rise above the fray, if not visualize my being taken off by my energy field surrounding my eternal soul.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

29. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

The various people who have claimed to have cracked the code and translated the manuscript make up an interesting story in itself. An interesting blog about this here: (http://www.ciphermysteries.com/categ...heories/page/2)

Quote Somebody claims to have decoded it:
    http://www.amazon.com/Voynich-Manusc...ich+manuscript

See this interesting post by this person on Davide Icke's website:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217818
    You can download the MS here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7753610/Th...ich-Manuscript

or here:

http://awesta.sibirjak.ru/files/Voynich

I did and spent an afternoon browsing through it. The pictures are fascinating.

I think that a mistake many people make when decoding a mystery is to not get into context. Unfortunately all our assumptions come from perceptions in the present. We are not even sure we can date it. (The parchment may have been carbon dated very accurately, but the manuscript could have been written on old parchment, not so?) It is unlikely that so much parchment would have been stored and then used at a later date, but not impossible.

What if it is not a code but another language? What if it was written by someone who had a form of dyslexia plus used shorthand much as we do nowadays? Ok, the latter is a fanciful idea because if this was the case we would surely have at least one other example of such kind of writing!

Good old Wikipedia has a good summary about this MS, and makes some good points about why it is unlikely that it is a hoax:

Quote The argument for authenticity, on the other hand, is that the manuscript appears too sophisticated to be a hoax. While hoaxes of the period tended to be quite crude, the Voynich manuscript exhibits many subtle characteristics which show up only after careful statistical analysis. These fine touches require much more work than would have been necessary for a simple forgery, and some of the complexities are only visible with modern tools. The question then arises: why would the author employ such a complex and laborious forging algorithm in the creation of a simplistic hoax, if no one in the expected audience (that is, the creator's contemporaries) could tell the difference?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
    Apologies that I do not have the technical skill to cross reference another thread, but Bill Ryan has a thread They Cracked This 250-Year-Old Code, and Found a Secret Society Inside. The man who cracked the code for that book is apparantly going to try to decipher the Voynich MS.

http://www.science20.com/cool-links/...nuscript-83992

I would be really interested in some Avalon members downloading the book, browsing through it and sharing their impressions ...
    Last edited by sdv; 14th December 2012 at 13:44.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sdv For This Post:

31. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

An update on the Voynich Manuscript:

Nothing new really but the research is carrying on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22975809

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

MorningSong (22nd June 2013), Referee (22nd June 2013)

33. Link to Post #59
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

Lightbulb Re: The Voynich Manuscript: the book that can't be read

The link is saying it's coded Arabic & it's about Sufism.

It looks like they have done it...I've been interested in this since the late 1960s.

http://voynich2arabic.wordpress.com/

34. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

chocolate (21st February 2014), cursichella1 (13th October 2013), Dawn (30th March 2014), eris23 (13th October 2013), Gerald Paris (30th March 2014), GreenGuy (29th November 2013), kanishk (5th May 2015), korgh (29th March 2014), Kryztian (12th October 2013), Lettherebelight (21st February 2014), Lifebringer (12th October 2013), Maunagarjana (10th January 2014), meeradas (12th October 2013), Nasu (21st February 2014), nephalim (17th February 2014), Peace&Love (12th October 2013), penn (21st February 2014), Referee (12th October 2013), Rocky_Shorz (13th October 2013), sdv (12th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (13th October 2013), Violet (30th March 2014), Watching from Cyprus (12th October 2013), yuhui (22nd February 2014)

35. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Thanks Marlowe. If this is the solution, then it is amazing how it took them so long. As a code, it is extremely simple - the 9 is a y, the 2 an n, the c an e, the 8 a t, the a an a, etc. Correlating such a simple code with a major language like Arabic ought to have occurred to someone long ago. Strange.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Agape (12th October 2013), chocolate (21st February 2014), Dawn (30th March 2014), Kryztian (12th October 2013), marlowe (12th October 2013), meeradas (12th October 2013), Nasu (21st February 2014), Referee (12th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (13th October 2013), yuhui (22nd February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast