+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feedback Loop-Thanks For Being Who You Are

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Default Feedback Loop-Thanks For Being Who You Are

Often times when I am mowing my yard in altered states of consciousness, I think about the people of Avalon and your comments, insights, debates, passions, reflections, lessons, screw-ups, apologies, un-apologies, and overall wisdoms and how they have affected me. Sometimes these things that affect me may not manifest themselves in my life for weeks or months but inevitably something will happen in my life or someone will cross my path that I interact with and I think to myself, “Wow, that person had a whole lot of (fill in the blank) from Avalon in their character”, or “I would love to hear what (fill in the blank) from Avalon would have said/thought about that”. My point is the wonderful minds of Avalon have very much helped to shape the person I have become and am becoming. I am a much different person than I was when I first joined PA1. Obviously, I take what feels right for me and leave the rest, but certainly the people of Avalon have helped me to think in more asymmetrical ways and I very much appreciate it.

The point of this thread is to say a couple of quick comments or words that attempt to succinctly sum up some of these characters here at Avalon(or that have perhaps since gone) and how they affected you. Please tell us briefly (or not so briefly, whatever floats your boat) who has helped/affected/enlightened your life and how they did it. Please keep it to current or past Avalonians. I think it’s important to acknowledge that there are thousands of people who learn from the words that we write here on PA just as we learn from the words of others here and elsewhere. This is my homage to you who have taught me.

No offense to anyone if this is not how you see yourself in your own eyes. These are all meant to be compliments and are attempts to capture your essences in my eyes in a few words (which won’t be easy).

(In no particular order)

Chiquetet-Well-rounded thinker on many different topics who will not back down from an intellectual debate and who states his purpose with clarity and fervor. Someone who seems like he could verbally bitch slap you if you got out of hand.

Noprophet-Low-key spiritual warrior who brings very interesting topics to the table and is probably more content to read than post but when he posts it is a very level, balanced well thought out response or original post.

Jorr Lundstrom-The one who brings rationale back into the light and will simply not let people forget that no matter what the topic and how scary it may be, and no matter how much truth may or may not be to it, everything is fine and we are all where we should be. I very much appreciate this approach to learning.

Calz-Avaretard-A huge contributor to Avalon who has a great disposition, a fair and balanced approach, and he is another one who tends to be very good at anchoring conversations when they seem to be going awry. Plus he might have coolest avatar at PA. 

Modwiz-Funny, incredibly bright mystic of a man whose contributions to PA are innumerable and immeasurable; a wonderfully sarcastic sense of humor and a creative sounding board for us all.

Greybeard-Another one whose contributions to Avalon are innumerable and immeasurable. Greybeard is the grandfather of PA (in the best possible way!). He has been here a long time and he has sparked a learning and inquisitiveness in the members here which is second to none. A PA heavy weight.

Corson-A beautiful soul who is not afraid to tell you how it is whether you like it or not. A kind and gentle woman who has a knack for telling people what they need to hear at any given moment. A truly insightful member who generates discussion (which is why we are all here).

Paul-A dictionary definition of a good forum moderator. A very smart man who’s juggling between member and moderator is played out seamlessly. A person who I have great respect for, for the ability to have multiple roles at PA. A true blessing to this forum.

Ilie Pandia-I would have to say the same thing for Ilie that I would for Paul. Ilie is as smart as he is articulate and English isn’t even his first language. He is a strong contributor and benevolent enforcer of PA doctrine. I tip my hat to you, Ilie.

Carmody-A person whose life experience and insights on a huge gamut of topics is unparalleled. Although admittedly Carmody goes over my head, it forces me dig in and learn so that I can follow the thread and form my own opinion. Carmody is one we should all be thanking for being here at PA.

My wish is that we can post updates on our lessons and who here was involved. It can be general like my initial short list above or it can be very specific. The purpose is to create a feedback loop where all negativity is filtered and what we post are the gems of wisdom we have gathered from each other. Quite honestly, you need to be honored Avalon. And, well, we are Avalon.

Cheers,
    Kano

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Arturo (28th March 2012), Billy (28th March 2012), christian (27th March 2012), Lisab (28th March 2012), modwiz (27th March 2012), mosquito (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012), noprophet (28th March 2012), pickle (28th March 2012), RunningDeer (27th March 2012), seko (28th March 2012), ViralSpiral (28th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Feedback Loop-Thanks For Being Who You Are

Note: I understand if most people would like to keep these types of opinions private even if they are positive but like I said, this is one of those thoughts that just kept popping in there so I felt compelled to put it out into the universe.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Another person who greatly affected me at PA was Henry Deacon. I was really becoming awake at that time and here is this guy who is involved in black projects, has been to Mars, knows how a lot of the high-tech Jetson type technologies work and I was writing back and forth to him. I was amazed. I could ask so many questions and at the very least get a very informed sounding answer which had consistency throughout. It gave me some real meat to sink my teeth into rather than just reading and reading and reading. It was real time enlightenment. It was around that time that I realized the people that I looked up to and admired the most were people with exposures to what's really going on and enough of a bean bag to tell their story.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 172,112 times in 18,513 posts

It's a lovely gesture, Kano.

I worry for those that shine less, but their light has been long in working for the many, in silent ways. And while finishing writing the last sentence, that I see for them it doesn't matter. They continue to shine through all dimensions because it is what they are.

Respectfully and with heart,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

bodhii71 (28th March 2012), Kano (28th March 2012), modwiz (28th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,687 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Kano (here)

Chiquetet-
    Noprophet-
    Jorr Lundstrom-
    Calz-Avaretard-
    Modwiz-
    Greybeard-
    Corson-
    Paul-A
    Ilie Pandia-
    Carmody-

Cheers,
    Kano
    Darn, I didn't make the cut.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

bodhii71 (28th March 2012), Kano (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012), RunningDeer (28th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,290 times in 2,980 posts

What a folksy thread! I'm in great company and I had a good laugh about your comment, however I miss many dear souls on that list. There are so many people on here, who I appreciate so much. They say 'count your blessings', but if I were to create a list of things, persons, or what-have-you, that I appreciate, I'd be busy until the cows come home (=forever). Even if that list was 'only' about people on Avalon... Anyways, your experiences resonate with me, Kano, thanks for sharing and I want to say, really all people fascinate and inspire me in one way or another

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Arturo (28th March 2012), bodhii71 (28th March 2012), Free Will (28th March 2012), Kano (28th March 2012), modwiz (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012), pickle (28th March 2012), RunningDeer (28th March 2012), ViralSpiral (28th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Darn, i didn't make the cut either.

I kid..

Greetings one and all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Free Will For This Post:

Kano (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 times in 677 posts

I love you all very much. Arguing, agreeing, all of it.

I might be low-key here but if you ever run into me you'll know; I've made a game of seeing how well I bring these conversations up with people I randomly meet.

And if they take the bait I always point them to Avalon.

This is the most beautiful, dancing, zodiac on the web.

<3

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

christian (28th March 2012), Kano (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012), pickle (28th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 times in 397 posts

hehehe- I didnt make the cut either,,, but then again - cuts hurt (especially paper cuts) AND - I wouldn't want to have to clean up the bloody mess...

my vote is for everyone on PC, PA1 &2... if it wasn't for all of you , I wouldn't have reason to keep on thinking...

love y'all...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

christian (28th March 2012), Kano (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thank you all for your comments. First of all, it's not about making a cut at all. Didn't want it to come across that way. I singled out specific people so as to get the ball rolling. This is not my thread, this is PA's thread. I too am inspired by most everyone I meet in some degree or another. I just thought it would be nice to reflect on some of the contributions and personalities that are involved in this project. I guess what I mean is, you bright souls, who I have never met a single one of, play an important role in my life so I wanted to pay respects to that idea.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

christian (28th March 2012), Free Will (28th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

I worry for those that shine less, but their light has been long in working for the many, in silent ways. And while finishing writing the last sentence, that I see for them it doesn't matter. They continue to shine through all dimensions because it is what they are.

WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    So well put. We are all we can ask for and we are all that we need. Thanks, WCBD.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

pickle (28th March 2012), RunningDeer (28th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 172,112 times in 18,513 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    So well put. We are all we can ask for and we are all that we need. Thanks, WCBD.
    Oh, thanks for "returning my call". I worried a bit that you would take offense rather than to hear more that it's nice that you give loving, positive feedback.
    Peace,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Kano (28th March 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you for being who you are, Kano. I hear you.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Free Will For This Post:

Kano (28th March 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

This is a nice idea Kano, I'd hate to see it turn into a sycophantic thread though. I'm hesitating because I wouldn't want anyone to feel upset if I didn't mention them !!! But sod it, here goes, though with the rider that THERE IS NO ONE on the forum who I actively dislike, so if your name isn't below, it either means I consider you to be an unobtrusive soul or, far more likely, I've just bloody forgotten ! The people I'd like to meet are :

Dennis Leahy - I wish we could get him declared as a "World Heritage" site, always so thoughtful and eloquent, a real treasure.
    CalzAvaretard - strikes me as a normal, down to Earth man, with a family he loves, facing all the dilemmas and decisions of a modern day parent, with dignity and integrity.
    Corson - another gentle soul who cares about her family.
    9eagle9 - outspoken, ballsy, gutsy, says it like it is and f*ck what anyone else thinks.
    NancyV - has a deep, incisive womanly wisdom, and also tells it like it is.
    TargetT - a man who, unlike me, has military experience and talks about that aspect of humanity with intelligence and consideration.
    Modwiz - another thoughtful, intelligent poster who makes many valuable contributions.
    Greybeard - always wise and brings harmony where it is most needed.
    Pie'neal' - ditto - get back here !!
    RomanWkt - a man who has lived life, knows the depths of the human soul, experienced, wise, caring.
    SeanTimberwolf - young, passionate, trying his best to face this insane world and live his life being true to his nature.
    Anchor - another one whose posts always contain much wisdom, practical wisdom.
    WhiteFeather - I always feel I'm reading the words of a wise grandfather when I read his posts !

I could go on but I'll leave it at that, suffice it to say that I admire - the wise, those who love their families, those who have suffered, those at the beginning of their journey, those who always endeavour to be authentic.

BUT - everyone on this forum has taught me something of value, and I appreciate you all.

Philip

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Billy (28th March 2012), christian (28th March 2012), Kano (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012), pickle (28th March 2012), seko (28th March 2012), ViralSpiral (28th March 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)

Chiquetet-
    Noprophet-
    Jorr Lundstrom-
    Calz-Avaretard-
    Modwiz-
    Greybeard-
    Corson-
    Paul-A
    Ilie Pandia-
    Carmody-

Cheers,
    Kano
    Darn, I didn't make the cut.
    No cut Grip. You made it just by being here! I singled a few out in hopes that others would share their gems/wisdoms/musings with other Avalonians or just to give a shout out. This is not my thread, I just wrote the first post. It is whatever we want it to be. Again, I felt compelled because quite often I step back and look at the content that we discuss here (with great intelligence) and I get overwhelmed at the huge schism that is the fake world we are forced to live in and the one we discuss on PA/PC. It is my therapy so I am humbled.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    What a folksy thread! I'm in great company and I had a good laugh about your comment, however I miss many dear souls on that list. There are so many people on here, who I appreciate so much. They say 'count your blessings', but if I were to create a list of things, persons, or what-have-you, that I appreciate, I'd be busy until the cows come home (=forever). Even if that list was 'only' about people on Avalon... Anyways, your experiences resonate with me, Kano, thanks for sharing and I want to say, really all people fascinate and inspire me in one way or another
    Very true. Thanks for being here.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Free Will (here)
    Darn, i didn't make the cut either.

I kid..

Greetings one and all.
    Greetings, Free Will. Welcome to PA. You've found a great place.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by noprophet (here)
    I love you all very much. Arguing, agreeing, all of it.

I might be low-key here but if you ever run into me you'll know; I've made a game of seeing how well I bring these conversations up with people I randomly meet.

And if they take the bait I always point them to Avalon.

This is the most beautiful, dancing, zodiac on the web.

<3
    Yes! What else can I say? Yes!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

christian (28th March 2012), Free Will (28th March 2012), noprophet (1st April 2012), pickle (28th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    hehehe- I didnt make the cut either,,, but then again - cuts hurt (especially paper cuts) AND - I wouldn't want to have to clean up the bloody mess...

my vote is for everyone on PC, PA1 &2... if it wasn't for all of you , I wouldn't have reason to keep on thinking...

love y'all...
    Knowing how to think and not what to think, right? Thank you for your words, xbusymom. I vote for all that have contributed too.

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    This is a nice idea Kano, I'd hate to see it turn into a sycophantic thread though. I'm hesitating because I wouldn't want anyone to feel upset if I didn't mention them !!! But sod it, here goes, though with the rider that THERE IS NO ONE on the forum who I actively dislike, so if your name isn't below, it either means I consider you to be an unobtrusive soul or, far more likely, I've just bloody forgotten ! The people I'd like to meet are :

Dennis Leahy - I wish we could get him declared as a "World Heritage" site, always so thoughtful and eloquent, a real treasure.
    CalzAvaretard - strikes me as a normal, down to Earth man, with a family he loves, facing all the dilemmas and decisions of a modern day parent, with dignity and integrity.
    Corson - another gentle soul who cares about her family.
    9eagle9 - outspoken, ballsy, gutsy, says it like it is and f*ck what anyone else thinks.
    NancyV - has a deep, incisive womanly wisdom, and also tells it like it is.
    TargetT - a man who, unlike me, has military experience and talks about that aspect of humanity with intelligence and consideration.
    Modwiz - another thoughtful, intelligent poster who makes many valuable contributions.
    Greybeard - always wise and brings harmony where it is most needed.
    Pie'neal' - ditto - get back here !!
    RomanWkt - a man who has lived life, knows the depths of the human soul, experienced, wise, caring.
    SeanTimberwolf - young, passionate, trying his best to face this insane world and live his life being true to his nature.
    Anchor - another one whose posts always contain much wisdom, practical wisdom.
    WhiteFeather - I always feel I'm reading the words of a wise grandfather when I read his posts !

I could go on but I'll leave it at that, suffice it to say that I admire - the wise, those who love their families, those who have suffered, those at the beginning of their journey, those who always endeavour to be authentic.

BUT - everyone on this forum has taught me something of value, and I appreciate you all.

Philip
    Awesome and right on the money!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Free Will (here)
    Thank you for being who you are, Kano. I hear you.
    Thanks for letting me be. And thanks for listening.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

christian (28th March 2012), Free Will (28th March 2012), NancyV (28th March 2012)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,333 times in 10,234 posts

I've found that if one looks long enough or well enough or with the right intent and the right eyes...that all folks with good intent have some corner of their lives that is quite unique and quite amazing..and that component of them has the ability to teach all of us something of unique value. Something potent, something important. It's always there, in my experience.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Kano (28th March 2012), meeradas (28th March 2012), mosquito (31st March 2012), noprophet (1st April 2012), pickle (28th March 2012), seko (28th March 2012), ViralSpiral (28th March 2012)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I've found that if one looks long enough or well enough or with the right intent and the right eyes...that all folks with good intent have some corner of their lives that is quite unique and quite amazing..and that component of them has the ability to teach all of us something of unique value. Something potent, something important. It's always there, in my experience.
    It is always there. Very true. Thanks for chiming in, Carmody. We all have a piece of the puzzle. The ultimate is to see if we are capable of getting over ourselves to learn lessons from even those we do not see eye-to-eye with.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

xbusymom (28th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread