+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grow your own teeth

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Grow your own teeth

Dr Julian Holmes of Australia, a dentist, has been regrowing teeth now for quite a while. I have a DVD (somewhere?) with photos of the resoration work.. He does it by applying Ozone gas. Its not for the Elite, its for the educated who have the where for all to seek it out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), Marianne (5th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    Dr Julian Holmes of Australia, a dentist, has been regrowing teeth now for quite a while. I have a DVD (somewhere?) with photos of the resoration work.. He does it by applying Ozone gas. Its not for the Elite, its for the educated who have the where for all to seek it out.
    Linky........?

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

Arrowwind (8th January 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), Marianne (5th September 2011), witchy1 (8th January 2011)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

If I can get one of these devices, I am willing, in the interests of science (lol) to break a tooth and keep a day-by-day journal of things as they unfold.

I've been looking for a way to help the 'community', and this looks like a good one, with the bonus that if it doesn't work I can just go the dentist and suffer his cold-chrome ministrations lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th May 2012)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Ultrasound Regrows Damaged Teeth
    University of Alberta scientists have developed a wearable microminiature ultrasound generator that causes damaged teeth to generate more tooth material.

Hockey players, rejoice! A team of University of Alberta researchers has created technology to regrow teeth--the first time scientists have been able to reform human dental tissue.

Using low-intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS), Dr. Tarak El-Bialy from the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and Dr. Jie Chen and Dr. Ying Tsui from the Faculty of Engineering have created a miniaturized system-on-a-chip that offers a non-invasive and novel way to stimulate jaw growth and dental tissue healing.

"It's very exciting because we have shown the results and actually have something you can touch and feel that will impact the health of people in Canada and throughout the world," said Chen, who works out of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the National Institute for Nanotechnology.

The wireless design of the ultrasound transducer means the miniscule device will be able to fit comfortably inside a patient's mouth while packed in biocompatible materials. The unit will be easily mounted on an orthodontic or "braces" bracket or even a plastic removable crown. The team also designed an energy sensor that will ensure the LIPUS power is reaching the target area of the teeth roots within the bone. TEC Edmonton, the U of A's exclusive tech transfer service provider, filed the first patent recently in the U.S. Currently, the research team is finishing the system-on-a-chip and hopes to complete the miniaturized device by next year.

"If the root is broken, it can now be fixed," said El-Bialy. "And because we can regrow the teeth root, a patient could have his own tooth rather than foreign objects in his mouth."

The device is aimed at those experiencing dental root resorption, a common effect of mechanical or chemical injury to dental tissue caused by diseases and endocrine disturbances. Mechanical injury from wearing orthodontic braces causes progressive root resorption, limiting the duration that braces can be worn. This new device will work to counteract the destructive resorptive process while allowing for the continued wearing of corrective braces. With approximately five million people in North America presently wearing orthodontic braces, the market size for the device would be 1.4 million users.

This would allow more rapid realignment of teeth for those undergoing orthodontic therapy.

El-Bialy had previously demonstrated this effect using a larger ultrasound generator. He teamed up with other faculty and developed a wearable device so that the benefit could be had more easily. His previous research showed that the ultrasound also helped cause damaged bones to repair.

El-Bialy has shown in earlier research that ultrasound waves, the high frequency sound waves normally used for diagnostic imaging, help bones heal and tooth material grow.

"I was using ultrasound to stimulate bone formation after lower-jaw lengthening in rabbits," El-Bialy said in an interview Tuesday.

To his surprise, not only did he help heal the rabbits' jaws after the surgery, but their teeth started to grow as well.

He foresees the day when people with broken bones will wear ultrasound emittters wrapped into the bandages.

This approach by itself probably can't solve the problem of growing replacements for entirely missing teeth. However, ultrasound might help stimulate tooth building cells once scientists develop techniques for creating suitable cells. Still, additional problems must be solved to get tooth building cells to produce the particular tooth shape desired.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to galacticctzn For This Post:

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

http://www.rexresearch.com/chentoth/chentth.htm
    found this to,,have had problems with teeth to,,as you might guess..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to galacticctzn For This Post:

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,434 times in 21,489 posts

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    Linky........?
    The Google search for Julian Holmes dentist regrowing teeth ozone will find more related items, including this very Project Avalon thread as the first link.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), Marianne (5th September 2011)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Dr Holmes is sometimes available through his yahoo group. The group use to be much more active but I have gone there to ask questions before when it appeard dead and did get response so somoeone is watching. It was a dentist, Bill Domb, from this forum who kindly sent me the DVD of tooth restoration I mentioned.

Thanks xbusymom for posting that PDF file! I now have it tucked away... was fretting last night on how I would prove all this to you guys.

See this forum and ask questions here.. I hope someone is still there.
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...guid=162374137

I will be starting a new thread, maybe today, regarding new dental techniques that use ozone that eliminates the need for root canal. I do not know of dentists regrowing teeth that are easily available in the US at this point but this procedure I will tell about I have had and it is excellent. I will never again go to a dentist that does not use ozone

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Dawn (7th September 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), Marianne (5th September 2011), transitionalman (17th May 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

I sent an email to the developers on the 20th November last year............... I got an email back today - wow, hows that for customer service - at least he replied: As follows
    Hi

The device doesn't regrow teeth in human yet
    This is a future hope and we are not there yet
    Regards

Dr. Tarek El-Bialy, PhD, FRCD(C)
    Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
    Associate Professor of Orthodontics and Biomedical Engineering
    University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB., Canada

http://myprofile.cos.com/telbialy
    http://www.criticalmention.com/report/6850x159878.htm#

My email said: "Dear Sir, I have been following with interest your amazing discovery. Would you be able to advise where this is up to regarding availability to the public"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), Miller (7th September 2011)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I love how in the US, teeth are somehow not considered part of health. The funny thing is while having , as a self employed artist, been excluded from dental "care" I've watched my friend's teeth deteriorate while mine somehow survive.
    Thanks for the thread. It sounds hopeful.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Otho For This Post:

20. Link to Post #31
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Found the specs for the ultrasound.

Low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) is a medical technology, generally utilizing 1.5 MHz frequency pulses, with a pulse width of 200 μs, repeated at 1 kHz, at an intensity of 30 mW/cm2, 20 minutes/day.
    Applications of LIPUS include:
    • Promoting bone fracture healing.[1]
    • Treating orthodontically induced root resorption.[2]
    • Regrow missing teeth.
    • Enhancing mandibular growth in children with hemifacial microsomia.[3]
    • Promoting healing in various soft tissues such as cartilage, inter vertebral disc, etc.[4]
    • Improving muscle healing after laceration injury.[5]
    Researchers at the University of Alberta have used LIPUS to gently massage teeth roots and jawbones to cause growth or regrowth, and have grown new teeth in rabbits after lower jaw surgical lengthening (Distraction osteogenesis) (American Journal of Orthodontics, 2002). As of June 2006, a larger device has been licensed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Health Canada for use by orthopedic surgeons. A smaller device that fits on braces has also been developed but is still in the investigational stage and is not available to the public.
    It has not yet been approved by either Canadian or American regulatory bodies and a market-ready model is currently being prepared. LIPUS is expected to be commercially available before the end of 2012.
    According to Dr. Chen from the University of Alberta, LIPUS MAY also have medical/cosmetic benefits in allowing people to grow taller by stimulating bone growth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_int...sed_ultrasound

Now does anyone know how we can get one that does this????

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

KosmicKat (5th September 2011), loveandgratitude (6th September 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (5th September 2011), TargeT (7th September 2011)

22. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

And could you ask for a better demonstration of vibrational energy, in this case, sound?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), TargeT (7th September 2011)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)

Low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) is a medical technology, generally utilizing 1.5 MHz frequency pulses, with a pulse width of 200 μs, repeated at 1 kHz, at an intensity of 30 mW/cm2, 20 minutes/day.
    • Regrow missing teeth.
    • Promoting healing in various soft tissues such as cartilage, inter vertebral disc, etc.[4]
    Researchers at the University of Alberta have used LIPUS to gently massage teeth roots and jawbones to cause growth or regrowth, and have grown new teeth in rabbits after lower jaw surgical lengthening (Distraction osteogenesis) (American Journal of Orthodontics, 2002). As of June 2006, a larger device has been licensed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Health Canada for use by orthopedic surgeons. A smaller device that fits on braces has also been developed but is still in the investigational stage and is not available to the public.
    It has not yet been approved by either Canadian or American regulatory bodies and a market-ready model is currently being prepared. LIPUS is expected to be commercially available before the end of 2012.
    According to Dr. Chen from the University of Alberta, LIPUS MAY also have medical/cosmetic benefits in allowing people to grow taller by stimulating bone growth.

It's funny that you posted this because last night, i was thinking of
    this very some idea. After watching so many star trex shows, you notice
    how they have combine light and sound to heal wounds. I was just thinking
    last night about checking into this to see if it was a plausible idea. Looks
    like someone beat me to the drawing board already.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th May 2012), seko (5th September 2011)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

How about someone figure out a way to get a tooth to fall out on its own when it goes bad, like when we were kids with our first teeth. That would impress me all to pieces.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

loveandgratitude (6th September 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012)

28. Link to Post #35
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

Instant healing or regrowth of teeth sounds better to me.
    Quick!!! Somebody invent this please........

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

30. Link to Post #36
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Great thread!

I have been working on growing back a missing tooth for the last few months by direct intention. Got this idea while meditating. It hasn't been working out for me. I have only half a molar left then I will not be able to chew properly any more. I try not to worry about it. Mostly I manage.

It would be a real treat to grow that tooth back.

Hope this ultra-sound tool is recovered. I'd buy one.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Witchy1,
    It's ALWAYS about the money. If they can't charge for it, they suppress it. Since the FDA (Rockefeller) is involved, then you know they won't allow anything to benefit any of us. It disappeared for that reason alone. The only thing the FDA approves of are the poisons that big pharma puts out.
    But take comfort in knowing that the vaults are going to open up for us soon enough...It'll all change for us....Hold onto that thought...!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (6th September 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

What a WONDERFUL thread. I need new front teeth because of an accident I had 40 years ago. I have been living with a root canal all that time, instead of having an implant, because I've been holding out for a development such as this. And, there is lots out there about how bad root canals are for the whole body.

Meanwhile, what ever you do... do NOT brush your teeth with toothpaste. This is actually formulated to cause gum disease and prevents the body from re-mineralizing the teeth. I posted an article about it on a different thread.

I hope you keep us all informed if you find out more. I did some poking around on this topic on the internet and discovered that there is a whole industry that has produced home ultrasonic machines to help people loose fat. I had no idea!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

36. Link to Post #39
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)

• Regrow missing teeth.

Sure:

Over throw the current system of control and oppression, remove ALL INTELECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (more oppression) and create a resource based economy..

any other questions?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (8th September 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012)

38. Link to Post #40
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,431 times in 1,398 posts

I am of a generation who visited the NHS dentist every 6 months. When I was 11 i had a number of back teeth removed to make room and from then I had fillings every time I visited a dentist. That is because dentists never got paid unless they did invasive work! As a consequence my teeth are on their last legs, although most of them are miraculously intact. I have been told that it would take "tens of thousands of pounds" to put my teeth right but that is way out of my league. I think dentists owe people a duty of care to the people whose teeth they have ruined but unfortunately when they look into our mouths all they see is ££$£$$ and that is why we will never see this piece of equipment on the market imo. If anybody knows differently though please let me know because I for one would LOVE to grow some new teef!

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Dawn (20th October 2011), Ernie Nemeth (8th September 2011), Mad Hatter (17th May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast