+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "That's a Freemason's Handshake!"

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TelosianEmbrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 times in 539 posts

Default "That's a Freemason's Handshake!"

I work delivering fruit and veg, and today I dropped off an order to the home of a couple who are distantly related to the owners of the business. The lady was talking to me while indulging her rude cancer habit, and eventually the man came forward, introduced himself as Pete, and shook my hand. Immediately I knew something was up by the way he turned my hand downward with his, pressed his thumb into the back of my hand behind the knuckles, and looked at me expectantly. I knew what was going on here. Most of those I meet on a day to day basis are honest workers who don't often offer to shake hands, yet when they do, the shakes are firm and upright.

My response was "That's a Freemason's handshake!" which instantly made him look down sheepishly, and his lady piped up "And a navy handshake too". We continued to chat for a while after that, but from that point on it seemed like I was beyond and outside of their bubble of influence, like they were talking to me from beyond a barrier and no longer exchanging energies, as one does in day to day interactions.

Her instant reply was a confirmation of my statement, and I am glad I was able to voice it immediately for all concerned. I am just wondering if more could have been made of this opportunity on my part, and perhaps if there are suggestions I could put into action when I next meet Pete and his partner.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

4evrneo (7th December 2012), DeDukshyn (7th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), Eram (8th December 2012), EsmaEverheart (7th December 2012), gooty64 (7th December 2012), Krullenjongen (7th December 2012), Kryztian (7th December 2012), lookbeyond (7th December 2012), WeAreONEbigFamily (8th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Default Re: "That's a Freemason's Handshake!"

Quote Posted by TelosianEmbrace (here)
    I work delivering fruit and veg, and today I dropped off an order to the home of a couple who are distantly related to the owners of the business. The lady was talking to me while indulging her rude cancer habit, and eventually the man came forward, introduced himself as Pete, and shook my hand. Immediately I knew something was up by the way he turned my hand downward with his, pressed his thumb into the back of my hand behind the knuckles, and looked at me expectantly. I knew what was going on here. Most of those I meet on a day to day basis are honest workers who don't often offer to shake hands, yet when they do, the shakes are firm and upright.

My response was "That's a Freemason's handshake!" which instantly made him look down sheepishly, and his lady piped up "And a navy handshake too". We continued to chat for a while after that, but from that point on it seemed like I was beyond and outside of their bubble of influence, like they were talking to me from beyond a barrier and no longer exchanging energies, as one does in day to day interactions.

Her instant reply was a confirmation of my statement, and I am glad I was able to voice it immediately for all concerned. I am just wondering if more could have been made of this opportunity on my part, and perhaps if there are suggestions I could put into action when I next meet Pete and his partner.
    Well, I am a master mason. The handshake you describe, I do not recognize. Master mason is 3rd degree. He may have given you a Navy handshake. This is not a smokescreen. There are ample examples of world leaders exchanging MM handshakes on the web. Of the few I know, none are behind the knuckle or require the hand to be turned.

I offer this for the sake of clarity.

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)

Well, I am a master mason. The handshake you describe, I do not recognize. Master mason is 3rd degree. He may have given you a Navy handshake. This is not a smokescreen. There are ample examples of world leaders exchanging MM handshakes on the web. Of the few I know, none are behind the knuckle or require the hand to be turned.

Jeez man... you're a master mason modwiz? They must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel THAT year. I got a funny handshake once but I'm pretty sure it was some guy's way of asking me if i'd like to see his secret regalia if you know what i mean. I was 16. That's way too old for a high ranking cabal so whatever. Imposter probably.

5. Link to Post #4
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shade (here)

Jeez man... you're a master mason modwiz? They must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel THAT year. I got a funny handshake once but I'm pretty sure it was some guy's way of asking me if i'd like to see his secret regalia if you know what i mean. I was 16. That's way too old for a high ranking cabal so whatever. Imposter probably.

You are a brat. A brainy brat. It is part of your charm.
    I know, what were they thinking, putting an actual metaphysician in their ranks? Twas another musician who brung me in.
    Last edited by modwiz; 7th December 2012 at 07:26.

6. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as i know there are two handshakes for the Master Mason.
    The first one is the "Pass Grip of a Master Mason"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pass grip of a master mason.jpg
Views:	152977
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	19555

The second one is the "Strong Grip of the Master Mason" also called the "Lion's Paw"

Name:  Strong Grip of the Master Mason or Lions paw.jpg
Views: 25357
Size:  9.2 KB

Reading your story it seems like he gave you the first "pass grip" handshake.
    But you need to be specific because the handshakes from the "Entered Appentice" (first masonic degree) and the "Fellow Craft" (second masonic degree) look very much the same.

Name:	Grip of an Entered Apprentice.jpg
Views:	75565
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	19557

Name:	Pass Grip of a Fellow Craft (second degree).jpg
Views:	86761
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	19559

Name:	Real Grip of a Fellow Craft (second degree).jpg
Views:	29209
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	19558

ModWiz can probably confirm this but his oath will keep him from revealing any inside "secrets"
    Because if he does he agreed to "have his body cut in two, his bowels removed and burned to ashes which are then to be scattered to the four winds of heaven".
    Nice oath you took there ModWiz.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

Chester (8th December 2012), DeDukshyn (7th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), Eram (8th December 2012), lookbeyond (7th December 2012), soleil (7th December 2012), TelosianEmbrace (7th December 2012)

8. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

I didnt know that you were a master mason. Learned something new today.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), Eram (8th December 2012), modwiz (7th December 2012), TelosianEmbrace (7th December 2012)

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

can someone explain to me (a newb) freemasons? i dont need a huge detailed one, but just a cliff notes lol thanks!
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Chester (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), Eram (8th December 2012)

12. Link to Post #8
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Krullenjongen (here)

Attachment 19555

The second one is the "Strong Grip of the Master Mason" also called the "Lion's Paw"

Attachment 19556

But you need to be specific because the handshakes from the "Entered Appentice" (first masonic degree) and the "Fellow Craft" (second masonic degree) look very much the same.

Attachment 19557

Attachment 19559

Attachment 19558

ModWiz can probably confirm this but his oath will keep him from revealing any inside "secrets"
    Because if he does he agreed to "have his body cut in two, his bowels removed and burned to ashes which are then to be scattered to the four winds of heaven".
    Masons have an adult sense of humor that seems to be missed. It's poetic and fun.
    So although the "punishments" are less than real, keeping ones word is just a manner of honor. Sure it's just a handshake, but ones' honor is not to be considered so lightly, or you end up with the world we have. The sh!tty Freemasons are interlopers and infiltrators. Then they set up their own lodges. The whole Mason thing has gotten sloppy in modern times. That would be the last few hundred years or so. I have not been active for over three years now. There doesn't seem much point, although the men I met there are some of the finest and honorable men I have had the privilege to know.
    Last edited by modwiz; 7th December 2012 at 21:10.

13. Link to Post #9
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Attachment 19555

Attachment 19556

Attachment 19557

Attachment 19559

Attachment 19558

Masons have an adult sense of humor that seems to be missed. It's poetic and fun.
    So although the "punishments" are less than real, keeping ones word is just a manner of honor. Sure it's just a handshake, but ones' honor is not to be considered so lightly, or you end up with the world we have. The sh!tty Freemasons are interlopers and infiltrators. Then they set up their own lodges. The whole Mason thing has gotten sloppy in modern times. That would be the last few hundred years or so. I have not been active for over three years now. There doesn't seem much point, although the men I met there are some of the finest and honorable men I have had the privilege to know.

I have always been a big fan of Manly P Hall. Indeed an example of a esteemd Mason and indeed indicative of their real and true nature. It is such a shame some have brought a dark cloud over a well intentioned group.

Sigh

Hmmm

N :-)

14. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Ive recently for a period of the past few months had a patient who was an elderly mason. He was one of the politest most gentlemanly fellows ive had the pleasure to care for. Extremely intelligent and humorous and founder of an organisation to assist severly disabled Vets. I do believe actions/behaviour in life attest to character,

lookbeyond

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

Chester (8th December 2012), DeDukshyn (7th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), Eram (8th December 2012), Mike Gorman (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (7th December 2012), seko (8th December 2012)

16. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I am not a Mason but I know a few. They tend to be people who can honour their word without doubt. That seems to be a big (perhaps the most important) part of Masonry.

This is likely why almost all chosen astronauts are Masons (particularly the old school ones) -- so they could be trusted to keep their mouth shut about the UFOs and free aliens (ones without craft) they routinely see in space.

Other than that I know very little about the group other than what they get their "hands" into. (pun intended)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 7th December 2012 at 22:05.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chester (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), lookbeyond (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), seko (8th December 2012)

18. Link to Post #12
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You guy's mean handshakes like these ?

i want to add something here:
    For the York Rite i want to add this:
    The higher masons are never true Christians alway's Catholics ! they reject the True Bible ! That's the whole point here they are altogether destroying Christianity you see....it has everything to do with the Jesuit Counter Reformation.
    They operate under a veil of Charity and Peace "Christianity" and most members are being deceived , The Higher up the more corruption !
    On top of The York Rite Freemasonry piramid we find The knights Templars these represents The Society of Jesus / Franciscans, The Knights of The Equestrian order and The Constantinian order and The Knights of Malta , St Lazarus , St Maurice , Columbus , St.Gregory , St Sylvester , St Olaf and The Order of The Garter , The Teutonic Knights and a whole host of other orders.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=vdGYW6vzGSk

For Scottish Rite Freemasonry i want to say this:
    The whole Scottish Rite and other Masonic branches like The York Rite , Shriner Freemasonry , Knights of Pythias , B'nai Britt etc etc , they ALL work under a veil of Charity and deception just like The Pope of Rome does. This is all the work of The Jesuits being the masters of deception , infiltration and deceit to achieve their diabolical goals and quest for absolute power , they will simply do ANYTHING to achieve it. Most masons (especially under the 4 degrees) are ALL being deceived , every degree higher there has be taken an oath and the apprentice will learn another secret , you can imagine with all these oaths and sectrets that the TOP of the Lodge like the 33rd degree of Scottish Rite Freemasonry is completely deceiving ALL others below him ! This is the core of Corruption , that's exactly how it works in The Jesuit order and The vatican Knighthoods , if we want to get the real responsible ones for all the misery being created throughout history AND present events we have to go for the highest degrees !. and Guess what most of the time we will find a Jesuit in command of the event.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FlNsVwc28EE

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

If there is a real mason, he will not reveal his token to the unknown person. Unless immediate needs. But American version of this cult has very show off culture as much on other issues as.
    If they are show off, they are just new or unworthy. You will not get any of it what you were expecting from them.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

eaglespirit (8th December 2012), TelosianEmbrace (8th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

My husband is a mason and I have seen this handshake in his lodge. He can of course NOT tell me I am right, respecting the oath.

The handshakes I have seen is done as a common handshake but with placing the thumb behind the knuckles, marking a special knuckle depending on what degree you would like to signal, just as in the drawings in the earlier post.

As for the handshake being "revealed" I have been told by a friend whose husband also is a mason how it works - the mason makes this handshake to a person he suspects to be a mason, thinking if the person is a mason he will recognize it and give the same handshake back. Her husband has come in contact with other masons from other lodges abroad this way.

I do not really think it would be any reason to give Queen Elizabeth this handshake, she cant "use" this signal anyway.
    "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), noprophet (8th December 2012), TelosianEmbrace (8th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #15
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Levent tonga (here)

If there is a real mason, he will not reveal his token to the unknown person. Unless immediate needs. But American version of this cult has very show off culture as much on other issues as.
    If they are show off, they are just new or unworthy. You will not get any of it what you were expecting from them.
    I will just say that dwindling memberships and quality control have some correlation. American culture is not Masonic culture, In fact, American culture is an oxymoron. America is children paying dearly for a turn at a pinata. (can I buy a tilda?) The people are not shallow, but the culture that has enzombified them is a cheap veneer, with a planned obsolescence. Also known as a 'fail'.

24. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote (can I buy a tilda?)
    If you pay her enough, she'll come and act for you....

(Swinton)
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Chester (8th December 2012), DeDukshyn (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012)

26. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Don't forget about the OTO Masons. They're the ones who actually initiate through the great work, by the great work. They also don't have to keep their mouths shut. (Lots end up in Hollywood--hence the enormous amount of symbolism.)

Most of the blue lodges have degraded into not even remembering--at least in general membership--what the stones/cuts/colors of their rings represent.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Carmody (8th December 2012), Chester (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), seko (8th December 2012), TelosianEmbrace (8th December 2012)

28. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Wow, Modwiz you are full of surprises! I am intrigued as to your Freemason journey, how did it get started, why did you join up and are you like an inside/outside kind of member, sort of there to gain insight, but not committed-
    I am just intrigued that's all-please don't be offended

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Chester (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), lookbeyond (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012)

30. Link to Post #19
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GalaxyHorse (here)
    Wow, Modwiz you are full of surprises! I am intrigued as to your Freemason journey, how did it get started, why did you join up and are you like an inside/outside kind of member, sort of there to gain insight, but not committed-
    I am just intrigued that's all-please don't be offended
    It got started when I told a musician and fellow bartender, a Mason, that the Masons intrigued me. I have been metaphysical/mystical since 17 and the Masons have a reputation for just that. Well , to be one ask one. At least to get started. I am inside/outside largely because of my schedule. 6 months in a tent, scheduled to almost 9:45 PM some nights made going to meetings more of a chore than pleasure. Enjoying life is a personal cult of mine. Also, my personal culture is a little at odds with these most excellent gentlemen. Totally tolerant a supportive of me, they drank, I don't, eat meat, I don't support the established medical community in their charitable outworks and I think the medical industry is just another finger of an evil hand. Not to mention, coming to grips with what may having been going on above the local Blue Lodges. What were my dues supporting? I don't pay cable for two reasons. It is crap and it supports but another finger of the aforementioned evil hand. So, what my money supports matters to me. In a capitalist society, the dollar is the only vote that matters. I never lose sight of that.

As far as keeping my word and honor. I go to bed with my honor every night. I sleep alone. There is no one to bullsh!t me and tell me I'm a good guy if I do something slimey. It is just me and my higher self. No secrets, no cordoned off areas. Honor is a precious thing and the Blue Lodges are a bastion of it. To be in such company is rare these days. Being with these men allowed me to live in a time that no longer exists in most of the world. A world where anything can be bought. Like our senators and congresscritters, to mention a just a few.

I hope that addressed your questions properly.

31. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)

Attachment 19555

Attachment 19556

Attachment 19557

Attachment 19559

Attachment 19558

I have always been a big fan of Manly P Hall. Indeed an example of a esteemd Mason and indeed indicative of their real and true nature. It is such a shame some have brought a dark cloud over a well intentioned group.

Sigh

Hmmm

N :-)
    Some receive their masonic degrees from earthly sources. Some attain their degrees through their own metaphysical experiences and are awarded their degrees from non-earthy sources. Some in the latter group are then honored as a mason by those amongst the former. This was the case for Manly Palmer Hall, he was awarded his degrees via non-earthly sources and later was recognized by the earthy organizations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manly_Palmer_Hall

Some earn their degrees from non-earthly sources and remain unrecognized via the earthly masonic organizations.

There are degrees beyond 33.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (8th December 2012), eaglespirit (8th December 2012), lookbeyond (8th December 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (12th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast