1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Default White Buildings On Moon, False Back Of Moon! NASA Photos

(ADDED LIGHT VERSION)

(ORIGINAL VERSIONS )

Uploader says

I got some email the other day about these moon photos again and I decided to make this video so you can see how I alter the lighting and it reveals that the back of the moon is not rounded but more like a prop from some kind of on stage presentation. These are two actual NASA photos and they are only found in the computer CD at the end of the book "Lunar Orbiter Photographic Atlas of the Near Side of the Moon." Get it from your library because it set me back about $70. but well worth it for the amazing full page photos and CD.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE FULL SIZE VERSION/PLEASE TAKE COPIES OF THEM.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

Default Re: White Buildings On Moon, False Back Of Moon! NASA Photos

They look more like viruses or bacteria than buildings.

Neat find though!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Humble Janitor For This Post:

<8> (2nd October 2011), Bryn ap Gwilym (2nd October 2011), Lost Soul (6th November 2011), The One (2nd October 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

Cheers The One,

These photos really don't ring true to me. Notice how the lights are all the exact same size and are all spaced between one another at equal distances.

I'd imagine if there were any lunar installations of that size then they would share some similarities to what we see here on our Earth, where the strength of the light source varies at different locations (sometimes based on city population) and the distances between each light source are inconsistent.

Last edited by DoubleHelix; 2nd October 2011 at 09:08.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DoubleHelix For This Post:

<8> (2nd October 2011), bennycog (3rd October 2011), Calz (6th October 2011), Ellisa (2nd October 2011), GCS1103 (2nd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), MMA_Fan (4th November 2011), Nasu (6th October 2011), The One (2nd October 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 times in 407 posts

is it meant to represent light though?
    or is it the top of a uniformly designed building roof, with light reflecting on it.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by DoubleHelix (here)
    Cheers The One,

These photos really don't ring true to me. Notice how the lights are all the exact same size and are all spaced between one another at equal distances.

I'd imagine if there were any lunar installations of that size then they would share some similarities to what we see here on our Earth, where the strength of the light source varies at different locations (sometimes based on city population) and the distances between each light source are inconsistent.

is it meant to represent light though?
    or is it the top of a uniformly designed building roof, with light reflecting on it.

sorry for messing up thread folks,i was commenting on this reply by DoubleHelix.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the trojan For This Post:

<8> (2nd October 2011), Calz (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), The One (2nd October 2011), viscountvlad (2nd October 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 312 posts

I have to say that the white mushrooms considering there size must be monstrous domed areas, which would have tied in with the long shadows that were formed. also i would have to say it reminded me of the UFO in encounters of the 3rd kind as you could discern some structure and shape through the murk of the shadows. It was just one half of it except one half of it is shaped like the moon.

this is just like the true man show ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truman_Show )

If you lived on that craft it would be very depressing to never get any light, so the domes were built as an afterthought once the craft was locked into orbit.

It would certainly answer some questions, like why the moon is the only observable satellite to have a circular orbit and not rotate.

Nah!...........but the photos did not look altered......except for one bit, but why would they bother to erase some it and leave the weird white domes............and why would they bother to keep it, it would have been a lot easier to destroy the photo if they were trying to hide the facts....................maybe it was a McDonalds sign or there was a Rothchild banner flapping on a flag pole.

mind boggling! once again

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Post:

<8> (2nd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), shamanseeker (6th October 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

I bet the properties on the edge there are expensive, earth view and all..

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

kathymarie (3rd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), Pete (2nd October 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Ilie Pandia

Can anyone get a digital copy of that CD with the photos? From the local library ?

And if you do, also look up who did those photos, from where, at what time and so on... so we can determine at what part of the moon we are looking at and if the photos are genuine or not.

This is a cool find that I've never seen before.

PS: The photos are obviously from a lunar orbiter... doh! I didn't know we have one or that we have access to the photos from that lunar orbiter
    Last edited by Ilie Pandia; 2nd October 2011 at 20:23.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

<8> (2nd October 2011), Calz (6th October 2011), Davidallany (3rd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), Pete (2nd October 2011), TargeT (6th October 2011), The One (2nd October 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by <8> (here)
    ha ha very good, I wonder if they clean their cars and cut the lawns at the same time each weekend?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd October 2011 at 02:00. Reason: fix quote'ing

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Post:

<8> (2nd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

Quote Posted by Pete (here)
    Quote Posted by <8> (here)

ha ha very good, I wonder if they clean their cars and cut the lawns at the same time each weekend?

Not sure how things works up there, poor things have to hide on the dark side all the time...
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd October 2011 at 02:00. Reason: fix quote'ing

17. Link to Post #10
    Ilie Pandia

Here:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lu...crd.shtml?nlat

and here:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lunarorbiter/

seem to be the photos from the Lunar Orbiters (yes, we've had more than one apparently).

However, without some coordinates it's like looking for a needle in a haystack...

This photo is somewhat similar to those in the OP but with no strange objects in it: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lu...w/4114_med.jpg

In fact, looking at the photos from the "official site", the ones with the objects in them look very doctored. So again, if someone can get a hold of that CD we can have closer look.

PS: Here is the "Consolidated Lunar Atlas": http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/cla/maps/thumbs/ There are some interesting photos but no white thingies as far as I can tell...
    Last edited by Ilie Pandia; 2nd October 2011 at 20:36.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

<8> (3rd October 2011), 58andfixed (3rd October 2011), Anna (2nd October 2011), Calz (6th October 2011), kathymarie (3rd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), MMA_Fan (4th November 2011), TargeT (6th October 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Ilie Pandia

Aha... more info about the book: http://www.moonviews.com/archives/20...hic_atl_1.html

Quote Lunar Orbiter Photographic Atlas of the Near Side of the Moon, By Charles Byrne

In 1967, Lunar Orbiter Mission 4 sent back to Earth a superb series of photographs of the surface of the Moon, despite severe degradation caused by scanning artifacts and the reconstruction processes involved in transmission from lunar orbit.

Using 21st century techniques, Charles Byrne, previously System Engineer of the Apollo Program for Lunar Orbiter Photography, has removed the artifacts and imperfections to produce the most comprehensive and beautifully detailed set of images of the lunar surface.

The book has been organized to make it easy for astronomers to use, enabling ground-based images and views to be compared with the Orbiter photographs. The photographs are striking for their consistent Sun angles (for uniform appearance). All features have been identified with their current IAU-approved names, and each photograph has been located in terms of latitude and longitude. To help practical astronomers, all the photographs are systematically related to an Earth-based view.

A CD is included with the book, providing the enhanced and cleaned photographs for screen viewing, lectures, etc.
    So we have:
    • photos were taken by Lunar Orbiter Mission 4 in 1967
    • photos had severe degradation (due to scanning and reconstruction processes)
    • artifacts and imperfections have been removed to produce beautiful images
    • the photos on the CD have been enhanced and cleaned

The above observations make it even more unlikely that those "white things" are mistakes unnoticed in the "enhancement and cleaning" process. So now I'm really curios to see the original files on that CD If those photos are really there, they are not there by mistake.
    Last edited by Ilie Pandia; 3rd October 2011 at 15:36.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

<8> (3rd October 2011), 58andfixed (3rd October 2011), bennycog (3rd October 2011), Calz (6th October 2011), christian (9th October 2011), kathymarie (3rd October 2011), MMA_Fan (4th November 2011), Pete (3rd October 2011), Realeyes (3rd October 2011), shamanseeker (6th October 2011), The One (2nd October 2011), unearth9 (6th October 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Very interesting: These videos came from another source and open with a photo mosaic close-up of these same structures (plus a whole lot more). There are two videos in the series. For reference an entire transcript is below from both videos.
    (There is a third video on the YouTube site but not from the same individual).

I believe there may be another post here on Avalon showing these vids.

As for the Earth photos above, it would be more accurate to make sure that the photos were taken at the same altitude as from the Moon for a fairer comparison - impossible to know but we would need to see the Earth cities a LOT closer

https://youtube.com/user/securete.../2/xjoJV0GF6vY

https://youtube.com/user/securete.../1/PKNpNMNbxXA

TRANSCRIPT - LEAKED Insider Recording About NASA, UFOs, Aliens, Moon Bases,
    Apollo

"The date is 29th June 2008, 6:32 pm.

I'm creating this message to let the people of the world, or whoever happens to hear this, know the truth about "what is going on" with regards to the alien presence in our world, as well as interstellar space and within our own solar system.

I myself am a "worker" in one of the underground bases located near Groom Lake [Area 51 & S4, Nevada]. I have done my work there for the past eight years and within the next coming months will be discharged.

Now what I'm going to tell you, you may want to take with a grain of salt but I assure you everything that what I am about to say is "truth"... is fact. And whether you know it or believe it or not, everything that I will tell you, is common knowledge within the Black Ops community at the most highest and secretive levels.

Now as I said, I've worked inside an underground base near Groom Lake for
    the past eight years and have done my work there as a researcher and analyst working within the room of the "ET Program" as we call it. (Or, as it's known in the Black Ops community as "G28").

What we do here is research, analyse and investigate the Extra Terrestrial presence within our solar system and other dimensions. And what I'm going to tell you today is the "truth" about what is going on. I will try not to be too vague in my revelations. However, I do not want to say too much as I have already committed a felony in the eyes of our government just by speaking on the subject and I will be leaving soon after my discharge. And I have asked the owner of this video to which I am sending, not to publicise this video for at least two years after its recording to ensure my safety as well as theirs.

Now, as I've said, and let me make this clear: The presence of alien beings and the technology does exist. It is as real as you or me and it's a whole lot more out there than even the most die-hard "believers" could possibly fathom.

The "truth" is that we, and by "we" I mean this planet and the people of this planet, are in essence "blind" to what is really going on in the cosmos and interstellar space.

What people call "aliens," we call "I.B.'s", or in laymen's terms, "Inter-dimensional Beings". What we found out, and have known about since the early 70's, is that, in simplest terms, other dimensions or "planes," as we call them, exist and lay on top of each other. Almost stacked, as if you had a blanket with another blanket stacked on top of it, and another blanket stacked on top of "it".

To explain it so that you can understand, you can imagine the Earth in our "reality" as a thin blanket, and all these other "higher dimensions" are the blankets laying directly on top of ours. However, we can only "see" our own "blanket".

Now the alien beings or the ships that we have seen in videos, and that many people have captured over the years, are in fact what we call "jumpers", in that they exist in their relative dimensions but have in fact, "jumped" into ours.

Now we have discovered that most of the time, we are unable to see them, as they are at a wavelength indifferent to our own and our senses, eyes and ears cannot detect.

From the information that I have gathered and been briefed on, every planet, star and galaxy within our own plane and Universe as we "see" it, exists also in these other dimensions.

We've detected that we know of and have been briefed on, at least four other dimensions that do exist. Now as I said, every planet that we know of, every galaxy does exist in these other dimensions.

However, with each new dimension, each planet/galaxy/star takes on a different form. To explain it in the most simple... simplest terms, you can look at our own planet Jupiter, which is in the outer reaches of our solar system. Now to us, it's a deadly, gaseous planet, completely uninhabitable. However, when you look at Jupiter in an "elevated dimension," you will see that it has completely changed in all forms. You will see that it's no longer a deadly ball of gas, but is now solid, has a different colour and it is now inhabited. We know for a fact this is true due to the fact that the government has the technology to detect these higher dimensions and actually get a small view of what the solar system "looks like" on the "other side" as we call it, in these "other" dimensions.

There is much that we do not know about the Universe and how it works, however, here are the facts that I can confirm as "truth" and were made known to me and that I ­ and the other people I worked with, ­have been briefed on.

Now we are not alone in the Universe. There are alien beings within our own dimension of space, as well as other dimensions. The planet Earth is in an early stage, I guess you could say "training ground" if you will, whereby which we as beings will live until we have advanced to the higher dimensions. Now we are not the bottom of the food chain, and we have discovered that there are at least two dimensions below our own plane. But that is as far as I will go regarding that.

Now, I'm getting a little bit low on time so I will leave you with a few other important things that people will no doubt want to know about later, at a time this video is made public [Sept 2011]. Now these are things that I have been briefed on by my superiors and that are "common knowledge" in the Black Ops community.

Now the planet that we know of as Mars was at one time inhabited, ­ but again, at one time, was wiped out by the people who inhabited the planet ­ which were much more technologically advanced than we are, which we discovered by testing and analysing the chemical residue found from the blasts around the planet ­as well as artifacts that we've also discovered on the planet ­including the infamous "glass tubes" seen in the few of the publicly made photographs from NASA. Now these are not "glass" structures but are glass-like material that is about a thousand times stronger than any material or steel that we have on our own planet. These tubes were used as a means of travel ­ underground and above ground ­ by the people who inhabited this planet.

It is thought from our research, that there are still an ET presence inhabiting Mars, but again, this is as far as I will go, and that I was briefed on, regarding that matter.

Now, I¹m not trying to be completely vague, but I am trying to give you a "picture" of what is going on out there, that doesn't completely put me in more danger than I am already in, just by revealing the few things that I have.

One of the last things that I will reveal ­ and that is definitely a fact, and that I have been briefed on, in that many other people involved with the Black Op community have been briefed on ­ and that is our own Moon, which does in fact have alien bases on it and also has bases from our own government. Now there is an ET presence, primarily located on the dark side of the Moon.

The Apollo Program was in all actuality, a "reconnaissance mission" so that we could research what was exactly there and "who". You will notice that many of the photos from the Apollo Missions have airbrushed out buildings and bases and this is the "truth" of the matter. About half of the video that you will see that is documented from the Apollo Missions, was in fact shot here on Earth at Area 51. In fact, if you look at satellite imagery you can actually see what's left of a "crater field" created at Area 51 that was used in the filming.

Now the truth is that most of the footage from the Moon was simply "cluttered" with bases, with alien buildings and from what one astronaut said, and I am quoting, "What we're constant... a constant presence of alien vehicles flying over the surface cluttering up the footage". So, again, they showed the American people what they "could" and recreated the rest here on Earth [at Area 51] that they couldn't show.

From what we know, the dark side of the Moon is where most of the alien presence is located. It's a more primitive alien race from what we can see and our research tells us: it's more primitive than the aliens beings you would see on higher dimensions but still thousands if not millions of years ahead of us.

Now we have our own bases which are primarily located in or near the Sea of Tranquility, which is the site of Apollo 11 and also one base that I know of located near the crater, Sabine D.

To this day, we are still sending secret missions to and from the Moon. However, I do not know the complete details of what we are doing there.

PART 2 ­ HOLLOW EARTH
    Now one of the things that is widely discussed throughout the World and from what I've seen on the Internet, various talk shows on the subject, is whether the Earth is actually hollow along with other planets that are out there that seem to have openings at the poles. This is true for Saturn, Jupiter, [Earth], Venus, Mercury, Mars. There are various images "out there" you can search for if you will just look.

Now you can actually see Aurora Borealis coming from the poles. These planets... some of these planets which have "no business" having an Aurora Borealis affect so it begs the question, what is going on to cause this and where does the Earth's Aurora Borealis actually come from?

To put it in simplest terms and this is verified and it may be hard to believe although it is true ­ once you do the work that I've done and others like me have done, you will soon find out that a lot of the things you used to think that [would] never be deemed as "real", or nothing more than fiction, turn out to be in fact, "real" and it seems that fiction... life is stranger than fiction sometimes. Let's just put it that way.

The Aurora Borealis of Earth is actually coming from openings at the North and South Poles. Now is the Earth hollow? Does it have a central sun? Does it have land masses on the inside with a central star? From what we know, there are confirmed openings at the North and South Poles of Earth. General [Admiral] Byrd, in the 50's, flew a mission to one of the poles [Operation Highjump], it is documented. Fleets of ships and aircraft were taken to the pole and subsequently driven out by a fleet of UFOs or AV's. We established that there was an alien presence coming from these openings out the poles.

As fas as the government is concerned, we don't believe that there is a central star inside the Earth and that the Earth is hollow. However, we do believe that there are many underground passageways and an underground presence of extra terrestrial life that goes down up to 20 miles beneath the surface of the Earth, with the two poles ­ the North and South Poles ­being the main entrances of where these UFOs and ET beings come out of.

We believe that they have been there for at least thousands of years and have set up some sort of underground community. We have documented these fleets of ships coming from the poles flying up over Mexico in the early 90's and there is documentation on this also. There was a fleet of literally thousands of UFO disk-like saucers that were seen flying in fleets over Mexico heading towards the Southern United States.

Now our Airforce, as well as the airforce from Canada and a few other departments and countries from South America also, were scrambled to intercept these saucers and were able to drive the saucers back to the Southern Pole from which they came. We are not sure what type of weaponry they do have, what their purpose is, what they are planning, or why they are coming to the surface and flying in our airspace. That we do not know.

Every time the government has attempted to send a probe or satellite in orbit to fly over the poles, it either ends up being lost, shut down or destroyed by an unknown means. We are not sure, we believe these satellites and probes are being purposely knocked out of orbit by this extra terrestrial presence.

We have sent spy planes, as well as drones ­ the same types of drones that are used in Iraq and Afghanistan, ­ to fly over the poles and for what we can see the closest point at the pole right near the opening, the surrounding area for about 50 miles is completely warm; it is 80 degrees Fahrenheit. It is warm, there is vegetation, there is grass, there are mountains. It is not the horribly cold terrain that the rest of the North and South Poles are known for.

You will see that once the farthest ... the further that you come inland - into the center where the polar opening is, the more greenery and the rapid temperature increase you will see. So there is a definite reason for the openings of these entrances at the poles. There is something that is heating those entrances and heating the surrounding area.

The radius of 50 miles is a large area which obviously means there is something heating and we've confirmed the Aurora Borealis is coming from inside of the polar openings, which leads us to believe there is something within these poles that is causing this heat and light source to be coming out, although we are not sure. Again, we do not believe there is a central star due to the common laws of gravity. However, I have been briefed and it's basically on a "need-to-know" basis.

However, what I have heard is that what we know as "gravity" is not correct. What we have found out is that gravity does not come from the mass of the planet. The gravity of the planet... what we have found [is] that gravity is actually magnetic and is actually created through the energy of the Sun.

From the magnetic properties of the light coming from the Sun is actually what creates "gravity" as we know it, and holds us onto the planet, and there is documentation on this also. That any planet or moon or circular object out in the cosmos that at least has a radius of 21 miles, can have gravity.

Now we are still investigating exactly how this gravity works but what we have found out is that most of these extra terrestrial crafts, or A.V's... Alien Vehicles, do manipulate light and use our Sun ­as well as other stars as a main source of controlling these extra terrestrial vehicles.

If you will do some research on that, there is some documentation found on the internet as well as published in some books that you may have trouble finding. There are also some scientific journals that were published by some very "high-up" scientists speaking of the effects of the Sun with regard to gravity. I assure you that gravity does not come from the mass of the object but does in fact come from the Sun.

END OF TRANSCRIPT
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 3rd October 2011 at 04:46. Reason: grrr typos!

22. Link to Post #13
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Re the OP pictures... I'd like someone to be able to explain to me why the so-called "structures" have shadows both ways? In a similar pattern as the dark blotches on the left-hand side.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (6th October 2011), KiwiElf (3rd October 2011), Pete (3rd October 2011)

24. Link to Post #14
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Re the OP pictures... I'd like someone to be able to explain to me why the so-called "structures" have shadows both ways? In a similar pattern as the dark blotches on the left-hand side.
    Not knowing what the author has done with the photos, "artifacts" can result from over sharpening a photograph - in this case the illusion of extra shadowing. Also the far left shading of the Moon (the edge of the dark area) has been added after the photo(s) has been taken and probably with old-tech hand airbrushing of the time. Photoshop will clearly show up any earlier "doctoring" by simply increasing the brightness/contrast or Levels. (Photoshop would indeed do the job far more "realistically", except it wasn't around until the mid 1990's long after these photo's would have been doctored).

Always best to start with the originals, if we can find them. Darker dots also appear in clusters in these photos too (can be seen in the "light areas").
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 3rd October 2011 at 05:02.

25. Link to Post #15
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    Not knowing what the author has done with the photos, "artifacts" can result from over sharpening a photograph - in this case the illusion of extra shadowing. Also the far left shading of the Moon (the edge of the dark area) has been added after the photo(s) has been taken and probably with old-tech hand airbrushing of the time. Photoshop will clearly show up any earlier "doctoring" by simply increasing the brightness/contrast or Levels. (Photoshop would indeed to the job far more "realistically", except it wasn't around until the mid 1990's long after these photo's would have been doctored).

Always best to start with the originals, if we can find them. Darker dots also appear in clusters in these photos too (can be seen in the "light areas").
    I understand what you are saying. The thing is that the in-line double shadows do not occur with the craters.

My bet: Bubbles stuck on the negatives.
    Last edited by Hervé; 3rd October 2011 at 03:10.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (6th October 2011), kathymarie (3rd October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011)

27. Link to Post #16
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote I understand what you are saying. The thing is that the in-line double shadows do not occur with the craters.

My bet: Bubbles stuck on the negatives.
    I wouldn't disagree with you except that altering the negatives (ie adding something as opposed to blacking it out) would have been quite a feat back then (and why would you want to add them "in" on such an "official" CD?

EDIT----
    Also, this composite was made from "strips" of film taken at different times, exposures, positioning and lighting (and therefore shadowing), and later "glued together" (you can see this in the opening shot of the first video I've posted above), and someone would have had the tedius job of getting each overlapping strip to match for a seamless "single image". You can see how difficult this can be by looking at the updated strips they have added to Google Mars - they don't exactly match. Even with a PhotoShop expert, this is a mammoth task.
    ----EDIT

It would be good to get the original photos that this "composite" was made from. If you compare the photos supplied, match a group of craters to the "buildings" - is also different. Goes without saying that the structures could have been added more recently too. I guess it's all the other independent "strange" photos of pyramids and these same structures & various testimonies etc that make it "interesting" tho.
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 3rd October 2011 at 04:59. Reason: addition

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

I reckon that this thread is going to go viral!, I have looked at the shadow area that has been mentioned and it is my opinion that these are actually shadows created by the craters on the sunward side.

Lets get hold of the CD and verify this.

29. Link to Post #18
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Double shadows implying two sources of light facing each other... this should cancel the "shadows"... it doesn't!

Also about the same length for the shadows wherever they are located on the surface... that's not quite possible either if one of the source of light casting one shadow is considered to be the sun.

My bet reiterated: bubbles!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (6th October 2011), Intranuclear (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Double shadows implying two sources of light facing each other... this should cancel the "shadows"... it doesn't!

Also about the same length for the shadows wherever they are located on the surface... that's not quite possible either if one of the source of light casting one shadow is considered to be the sun.

My bet reiterated: bubbles!
    I'm listening to you and I still can't see it. The shape that the photo suggest to me is analogous to a bell shape. You have a domed leading edge and then it seems to fall away and the curve actually reverses to concave before it reverses yet again at the edge. The fact that the shadows appear longer is that the white blobs are sitting on the surface at a different angle which changes their relationship to the sun and would explain why the shadows are so elongated and also why the shadows from the craters on the sunward side extend over the blobs.

You might be able to discern for yourself what appears to be a fold or increased curvature a short distance in front the blobs.

I also think that these structures are solid and are although they would be emitting some light it is fractional in comparison to the light of the sun.

hope that helps to illustrate how I perceive this image.

Pete

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Post:

KiwiElf (10th October 2011)

33. Link to Post #20
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Look at the pictures in their entirety, and you may be able to see that the ones on the left margin are apparently hanging out "in space"... these together with the more obvious ones at the boundary dark-light of the moon determine a flat surface, not a curved one. The only way that could occur is when bubbles happen to be on the negative surface or on a surface in front of it.

PS: As this is a matter of perception in the absence of accurate data on how these pictures were obtained and what defect needed to be corrected, I invite you to practice an exercise in perception with this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post303367
    Last edited by Hervé; 3rd October 2011 at 06:41.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (6th October 2011), Intranuclear (7th October 2011), KiwiElf (10th October 2011), Nasu (6th October 2011), Pete (3rd October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast