Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast

Thread: Any Weird Dreams?

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Default Re: Any Weird Dreams?

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Last night:

I was in some sort of competition, in some unknown place, and my partner and I , (just some guy in the dream - he was my partner just for this competition, I don't think I knew who he was) had to make repairs to this old truck that we had to race to the next checkpoint.

Doing the repairs to the truck was part of the competition. The vehicle's front left wheel appeared to have a completely broken steering arm and some suspension work looked like it needed to be done. This aspect of the dream just seemed like some sort of weird segue into a more interesting aspect, which is completely different.

Anyway, my competition partner was more knowledgeable than I and proceeded to do most of the actual work, and before long we were off racing our truck to the next checkpoint. Suddenly, a bit off in the distance we saw a very large black moose running across the landscape making bounding leaps over obstacles as it ran. This moose looked extremely majestic and inspired awe just at its sight, but it also had large black feathered wings and a black flowing mane that trailed behind it.

We lost sight of it as we carried on toward the checkpoint. Some time later we approached the next checkpoint, and were required to abandon the truck, and start work repairing a car. I was even more useless at the repairs this time so I sort of just sort of wandered around and that is when this competition aspect of this dream pretty much ended and my partner nor any aspects of the race appeared further.

Another short time later, I found myself on a bit of a plain, and the giant black moose appeared to me again, thundering past, with leaping bounds and this time it was close. It galloped right by me, leaping into the air occasionally, over uneven areas of the terrain -- its wings assisting making it seem as light as the air, and I got a better look at it.

It actually had two sets of black feathered wings, somewhat overlaid, a bit like like how a butterfly's front and back wings overlay, and it also had two great flowing manes, one over the top of the other flowing out behind it. I was left awestruck at its incredible majestic beauty and stature.

I watched it gallop off in the distance, then I heard more galloping come from behind where the moose had just come from and I turned to see three beautiful pure white horses. They too had feathered wings, like how one would imagine Pegasus. I believe these three horses had riders, and were leading quite a large entourage of native Americans, who were following with other horses, some pulling carts etc. It appeared they were travelling a great distance and were following the great black moose.

They stopped at the area where I was and began setting up a camp of sorts. They had lots of foodstuffs and looked to be setting up for a feast. An old and wise looking Native man dressed in the most artistically exquisite and detailed native American regalia adorned with very large feathers approached my direction with a large smile. I'd say he was their chief.

"Hello!" I called out confidently, and he returned it immediately with an even bigger smile. "Good to see you!" he said and we proceeded to share a very strong and loving embrace that lasted for at least 20 seconds, like old friends that hadn't seen each other in a 1000 years. I felt comforted by the familiarity of his presence.

I complimented what I thought was his great black moose, and the winged horses on their exquisite beauty, and he thanked for the compliment on the winged horses, I had the impression then that they were just following the moose, or it was a guide for them on their journey.

Then a young woman who had been observing our encounter, stepped up and spoke to the chief in a native language that my ears could not understand, but interestingly, I was presented with subtitles. "Its a trick ... ?" she said to him. He responded to her "What do you mean?", "This could be a trick." she confidently responded ...

"No, no! This is no trick!" he laughed heartily as he responded to her still in their native language, and she seemed relieved by his confidence. By this time the feast was mostly set up, and the chief said to me "You should join us!". I could not quite ascertain if he was referring to the feast itself, or to the journey that the clan was obviously on, but I felt he was referring to both.

Edit: I missed this part, adding it in:

I then heard the young woman that had asked if it was a "trick" mention something about the northern lights, which caught my attention. I asked her if she had seen them and how I might also be able to see them. She claimed they hadn't been seen in a very long time, and something along the lines of when they return "they will come up from the underground", avoiding all eye contact with me when she spoke. ... I feel that the term northern lights was just a symbol for something else, and not referring to aurora, which I had initially assumed.

... At that time I awoke, and the dream ended. It was quite an emotionally and visually vivid dream, more so than just a "normal" dream. It left me energized and emotionally in a great place.

If anyone on the forum has insights into perhaps native American symbology or dream symbology that might relate to this dream, I would love to hear your thoughts.
    What a great dream! here are some thoughts. You are in an unknown place so it’s far from everyday consciousness It starts off with a truck/car race, which are man made machines, in need of repair.

You walk away from that and engage with winged horses and a moose, which belong to the supernatural world which take you to the Indian Chief, who seems to be an encounter with the Self.

The interesting thing is the woman’s suspicion of you. You could do a dialogue with her with pen and paper, and ask why she suspects you. And why doesn’t she look you in the eye? She may give you an answer. The other interesting thing is that the northern lights have disappeared and gone unconscious.. The woman seems to know about this and may say something more if you dialogue with her. Just let whatever come to mind when you do this and it will gain momentum and take a life of its own

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

DeDukshyn (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), Mare (12th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

I posted this dream on another thread without any luck, this thread seems more appropriate so i'd be interested to hear an interpretation of a dream i had a few weeks ago:

It was really early in the morning I was driving to work on a bright sunny day. At a red light I looked to my right and saw the moon (only the left side was visible) right above the mountain top (the city where I live is surrounded by gorgeous mountains and the scenery in the dream was a realistic portrayal of my real life commute to work) I then told a middle age woman riding a bike to my right next to my car to take look at this beautiful scene. She nodded and also found the scene beautiful. Immediately after that I found myself transported in a new scene, I’m in the middle of an undefined public gathering and all the people present are admiring the full moon, it is huge and surrounded by massive bright stars between two mountain peaks. Again we are all in awe when suddenly the day turns into night and a purple / crimson aurora borealis like mist covers the moon and the stars, the whole scene is now a beautiful purple / crimson color. At this point I look up to the sky above my head and notice an incredible number of huge yellow stars and in the dream I tell myself “Of course that's what the sky really looks like without all the clouds.”

I woke up fresh and the dream left me with an overall pleasant feeling but i knew it had a deep meaning attached to it. Thanks in advance for you help.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), leavesoftrees (12th August 2020), Mare (12th August 2020)

5. Link to Post #103
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,270 times in 2,100 posts

My dreams lately are simply telling me that I am in the wrong place/position/whatever.

Last dream, I am wearing football gear but everyone else is playing hockey.

A couple nights ago I am at college - cant find my classroom. Eventually it feels like the term is finishing and I havent started.

Maybe it is just a reflection of how I am feeling. I feel like I am waiting for my part to play in this mess.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DeDukshyn (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), Journeyman (28th February 2021), leavesoftrees (12th August 2020), Mare (12th August 2020), selinam (28th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Iancorgi (here)
    I posted this dream on another thread without any luck, this thread seems more appropriate so i'd be interested to hear an interpretation of a dream i had a few weeks ago:

It was really early in the morning I was driving to work on a bright sunny day. At a red light I looked to my right and saw the moon (only the left side was visible) right above the mountain top (the city where I live is surrounded by gorgeous mountains and the scenery in the dream was a realistic portrayal of my real life commute to work) I then told a middle age woman riding a bike to my right next to my car to take look at this beautiful scene. She nodded and also found the scene beautiful. Immediately after that I found myself transported in a new scene, I’m in the middle of an undefined public gathering and all the people present are admiring the full moon, it is huge and surrounded by massive bright stars between two mountain peaks. Again we are all in awe when suddenly the day turns into night and a purple / crimson aurora borealis like mist covers the moon and the stars, the whole scene is now a beautiful purple / crimson color. At this point I look up to the sky above my head and notice an incredible number of huge yellow stars and in the dream I tell myself “Of course that's what the sky really looks like without all the clouds.”

I woke up fresh and the dream left me with an overall pleasant feeling but i knew it had a deep meaning attached to it. Thanks in advance for you help.
    this is a very beautiful dream.. it starts in the early morning so suggests a new day, something new. you are stopped at the red light - when you pause you get to appreciate the vista before you. the moon is the unconscious mind as is the left side so its being doubly emphasised. You relate the impact to the woman your feeling side . this takes you to the night, no solar consciousness and with greater connection to the unconscious you are immersed in new vistas of the planets and stars. - with extreme clarity - no clouds. The dream is very visual - you could try to paint or draw the night sky that you saw - or the earlier mountain moon scene. It may evoke new feelings and other insights into the dream. I enjoy drawing my dream images Once you finish it the image has a deep lasting fascination for you and it brings the dream to earth

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), Iancorgi (13th August 2020)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    My dreams lately are simply telling me that I am in the wrong place/position/whatever.

Last dream, I am wearing football gear but everyone else is playing hockey.

A couple nights ago I am at college - cant find my classroom. Eventually it feels like the term is finishing and I havent started.

Maybe it is just a reflection of how I am feeling. I feel like I am waiting for my part to play in this mess.
    it might mean you need to strike out on your own path and not follow the crowd or what everyone else is doing

or the opposite - that you need to get in synch with other people around you that you're being too individualistic
    Last edited by leavesoftrees; 12th August 2020 at 22:07.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (13th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), Patient (3rd March 2021)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,192 times in 32,903 posts

Some of you may know that my dog Mara is having a bit of a tough time — but currently healing well.

Last night I dreamed that she'd fallen into a 200 foot deep hole, and I was having great trouble finding a rope long enough to rappel (abseil) down to rescue her. (I didn't take the dream seriously! )

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (13th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), Iancorgi (13th August 2020), kudzy (15th August 2020), Marbelo (28th February 2021), Yoda (12th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #107
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Some of you may know that my dog Mara is having a bit of a tough time — but currently healing well.

Last night I dreamed that she'd fallen into a 200 foot deep hole, and I was having great trouble finding a rope long enough to rappel (abseil) down to rescue her. (I didn't take the dream seriously! )
    "In a game of patience every millimeter is a record !!!"
    Thank you for your patience, for both of you! Everything will be fine !!!

And all this to be just human.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (13th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), Iancorgi (13th August 2020), Marbelo (28th February 2021), meeradas (15th August 2020), Patient (12th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Hi Bill

sorry to hear that Mara is having a tough time

dream could mean you are depressed about Mara
    or
    time to get in touch with your doggy side. Long walks and chasing rabbits!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

the wildest dream I have had this week I think it's about covid/lockdown

a cat jumps on my lap. I have to make it retract its claws or I will get badly scratched

i am cooking a stew which has human flesh in it. a friend wants to know what it is but I am too ashamed to tell him and say we won’t be eating the meat part

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Anka (13th August 2020), Bill Ryan (12th August 2020), DeDukshyn (13th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), happyuk (13th August 2020), Harmony (13th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member Elpis's Avatar
    Thanks

I am constantly being woken by what sounds like three loud knocks on my door or windows?
    “My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near to the ocean's edge as I can go.”

― Henry David Thoreau

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elpis For This Post:

Anka (13th August 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2020), Harmony (13th August 2020), I am B (28th February 2021), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020), selinam (28th February 2021)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you very much leavesoftrees, your interpretation gave me a lot to think about. Your suggestion to draw the sky in my dream is tempting although I'm not much of a painter I have access to top notch Smartboards in my office and I'll try to draw the climatic scene in the dream as it is still very clear in my mind. Anyhow, once again thank you for your help.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

Anka (13th August 2020), Forest Denizen (14th August 2020), Harmony (14th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), leavesoftrees (14th August 2020)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Iancorgi (here)
    Thank you very much leavesoftrees, your interpretation gave me a lot to think about. Your suggestion to draw the sky in my dream is tempting although I'm not much of a painter I have access to top notch Smartboards in my office and I'll try to draw the climatic scene in the dream as it is still very clear in my mind. Anyhow, once again thank you for your help.
    Good to hear Iancorgi. Doesnt matter if you are no REmbrandt, it's about the feelings and associations that arise when you put something to paper (or smartboard).

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Forest Denizen (14th August 2020), Harmony (14th August 2020), Hym (3rd March 2021), Iancorgi (14th August 2020)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

Hello Bill,

I wonder if you would expand on what you meant by not taking your dream seriously? Many thanks in advance!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

Harmony (27th February 2021), Hym (3rd March 2021), Marbelo (28th February 2021), Sarah Rainsong (15th August 2020)

25. Link to Post #113
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

I was in the area where I am living now, it was a clear sunny day, summer weather. Nothing out of the ordinary - there were several people with me - my deceased father was there, a cute girl I went to high school with (lol, of course) - her friend, and a few others.

I then heard some jet planes approaching - a bit odd as this is a very rural area. As the planes came into sight, It was three fighter style planes, but not like any current modern fighters, a bit different - futuristic I suppose, and a larger plane - a military style cargo plane. The fighter planes were escorting the larger plane.

As they flew over the larger military style cargo plane ejected a black metallic shimmering iridescent sphere about maybe 12-15 feet across and then the plane circled upward and around. The sphere moved a bit lower, hovered and moved on its own extremely quickly covering a large area zigzagging through the sky as though to maximize its coverage, at extreme speeds, while releasing some sort of fine mist into the air. The mist spread quickly and thickened - it was heavy and began to fall and permeate the air all around as it rapidly expanded.

I remember trying not to breathe it as this mist burned my lungs. I went running for the house to escape it, and I recall my father went running out to look for the girls at my mothers request and guide them back as the mist was getting thicker.

The mist quickly started turning into a thick cloud; it became almost black overhead like very thick storm clouds. You could feel a strong static electricity in the air and there was some small air to air static discharges happening everywhere - like st Elmo's fire. In the house I noticed that all screens - TV, computer iPad all just had black and while static on their screens like an old TV tuned to a channel that didn't exist.

The cloud/fog was so dense and dark nothing could be seen beyond a couple feet. Nothing electronic was working - a complete "blackout".

Maybe 10-20 minutes later the strange cloud / fog began to dissipate as quickly as it came. I could see the large military style cargo plane and its escorts circling higher above and I could see the metallic shimmering sphere again as it headed to the cargo plane and docked, then all the planes then carried on out of sight towards the horizon.

The dissipating cloud that was produced, left strange repeating patterns like clouds in the sky that shone quite red around the edges, against the blue sky background that was there before any of this had begun.

I had the impression it was a testing of a new "super technology" temporary "blackout" strategy - where the military could cause a total small area local "blackout" - both visually and electronically, to perhaps conduct some extremely short term mission of some sort - perhaps an assassination, "arrest" or kidnapping, maybe a new way to employ a sort of temporary EMP or to just temporarily instill fear in a select amount of people. I would assume that the area covered for this "test" was just a couple square kilometers, if even that.

It obviously used some high tech stuff -- the sphere that flew without obvious propulsion (seemed like some anti-gravity propulsion -- its distribution of this weird "mist" that burned the lungs but caused extremely thick dark cloud cover and electrified the air completely - to the point the atmosphere itself acted like some EMP - disrupting all electronics and communications completely - possible even everything electrical, for a relatively short duration.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 27th February 2021 at 07:18.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2021), Harmony (27th February 2021), Hym (3rd March 2021), Marbelo (28th February 2021), selinam (28th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th February 2021), TomKat (28th February 2021)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,010 times in 339 posts

Quote Posted by Elpis (here)
    I am constantly being woken by what sounds like three loud knocks on my door or windows?
    This has happened to me and my family before. And some of my friends did tell me about exactly the same thing.

Waking up in the middle of the night, surprisingly not sleepy, and then three knocks. In my case, on a glass door.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th February 2021), Harmony (28th February 2021), Marbelo (28th February 2021)

29. Link to Post #115
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

I had to save my life and my wife's from a mob of rioters. So stupid to dream. I do not like it at all.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th February 2021), Marbelo (28th February 2021)

31. Link to Post #116
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

I have woken up several times with a woman or a man calling me by name. so real that I get scared every time.
    does anyone know what this could mean?
    I’m not going to be the person I’m expected to be anymore.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Marbelo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #117
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Marbelo (here)
    I have woken up several times with a woman or a man calling me by name. so real that I get scared every time.
    does anyone know what this could mean?
    I have had this happen as well. No idea if it means anything. I also used to have someone grab or touch my left foot just as I fell asleep. The first time it was a bit startling, but it started to happen enough that I just got used to it, and it didn't bother me anymore (except the fact that it would wake me up). I moved out of the residence where this occurred about 5 years ago and it hasn't happened since.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (3rd March 2021), Marbelo (1st March 2021)

35. Link to Post #118
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have had this happen as well. No idea if it means anything. I also used to have someone grab or touch my left foot just as I fell asleep. The first time it was a bit startling, but it started to happen enough that I just got used to it, and it didn't bother me anymore (except the fact that it would wake me up). I moved out of the residence where this occurred about 5 years ago and it hasn't happened since.
    I used to have someone touch my shoulder as I was falling asleep. When I moved from that apartment it stopped.

Ghosts, I guess.

I have also heard my name. It's almost always when I'm falling asleep and startles me back to full consciousness.
    May the Force be with you.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ti For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (3rd March 2021), Marbelo (3rd March 2021)

37. Link to Post #119
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ti (here)
    I used to have someone touch my shoulder as I was falling asleep. When I moved from that apartment it stopped.

Ghosts, I guess.

I have also heard my name. It's almost always when I'm falling asleep and startles me back to full consciousness.
    Exactly this. With me it’s usually early in the morning when i try to nap again and it brings me full consciousness.

Usually a woman and sometimes a man. A very loud and clear voice.
    I’m not going to be the person I’m expected to be anymore.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marbelo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (3rd March 2021)

39. Link to Post #120
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,270 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by Marbelo (here)
    Quote Posted by Ti (here)

Ghosts, I guess.

Exactly this. With me it’s usually early in the morning when i try to nap again and it brings me full consciousness.

Usually a woman and sometimes a man. A very loud and clear voice.
    I have also experienced this, but not recently. I wonder if it is someone we know from another dimension or a past life that sees us enter into a different state of consciousness and they see us and call to us?

Just a theory that popped into my head.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (3rd March 2021), Marbelo (3rd March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast