+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Deep Thinking Biblical Scholar to Discuss Aliens In the Bible

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Truthster013's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Seeking Deep Thinking Biblical Scholar to Discuss Aliens In the Bible

God is, by definition, an alien. I say this not to be offensive but to rule out those who cannot be intellectually honest with the Hebrew and Christian "scriptures". Even by a Christian understanding of he word, the "god" of the Bible was not created on earth nor does he live here, thus by definition he is alien to this world. The so-called angels and demons (in English parlance), are also by definition, aliens for the same reason. Then there are the Nephilim, the Watchers (Dead Sea scrolls), and the principalities of the air and the spiritual world described primarily by Paul all of which describe beings not of this world interacting with and influencing human behavior. Why then do many Christians reject the notion that aliens have been interfering with human history when their own writings document it as so?

I am a long time theologian and have long wanted to discuss with in intellectually honest and critical thinking biblical scholar the even deeper questions posed by the so-called Christian scriptures such as:

Is "god" and his "angels" one and he same as Sumerian Annunaki? If so, does this explain why the Hebrews circumcised their males (since the Anunnaki we're recorded to be uncircumcised as well)?

Why did the Hebrew writings reverse the "good" and "bad" guy from the older Babylonian creation story from which evidence suggest their own story derived?

Why did the ancient Sumarians and Babylonians revere the number seven long before the hebrews and perform a lot of similar rituals involving the sacrifice of bulls and blood?

Why did the early Christian church reject books of Hebrew scripture only hundreds of years after "Christ" died when he himself can be demonstrated as calling those books scripture (such as Jesus quoting the book of Enoch and calling it scripture)?

Can the "church" be proven to be hiding a major part of the story and reinterpreting that which they allow us to see to support their own new theology and claims to power?

Is the "god" of the Bible I Christians say he is or is he merely one of many "gods" that came here and simply the one that Israel chose to submit to? Is this "god" truly honest, just, good, etc based on what we know from the writings themselves?

I would enjoy having deep discussions and study on these topics and more with someone open minded and intellectually honest. I am not looking to fight and debate for the sake or arguing but welcome counterpoints to consider and discuss. This might best over email so as not to offend a lot of people but if you convince me it's worthy of discussing here we can try that. Any takers?

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Art (10th August 2017), Bruno (14th August 2017), ceetee9 (10th August 2017), conk (9th August 2017), East Sun (10th August 2017), EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), ghostrider (10th August 2017), Jake (12th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Lefty Dave (9th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Noelle (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), Tintin (10th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 times in 500 posts

Default Re: Seeking Deep Thinking Biblical Scholar to Discuss Aliens In the Bible

Greetings
    Mauro Biglino is where you might want to research...he has written exstensively on this matter.
    Blessings
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Noelle (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Seeking Deep Thinking Biblical Scholar to Discuss Aliens In the Bible

Thank you for the suggestion. I have read a ton of information, books and watched videos. What I am looking for is someone to discuss it with.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Art (10th August 2017), EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Noelle (9th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Just to make sure this one was included in your quest: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1131232
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), justntime2learn (9th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Noelle (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you also. I will keep these sources in mind for further discussion but again, what I am looking for is to have intellectual dialogue with those who have studied such topics themselves and can give me some back and forth and various questions

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), Hervé (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Well, good luck with that

As far as I am concerned, here is my conclusion after digesting Gmirkin summary of his scholar work:

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    If ever you take the time to listen to the above linked interview (<---) and which demonstrates the whole story as a Greek social engineering experiment, you may realize that anything derived from that so-called "Old Testament" becomes irrelevant... since they are artificial concoctions designed to turn any of the self-appointed priesthoods into slave masters.

That's the kind of disclosure that none of the Bible/Torah/Quran thumpers can stomach. That's a lot of people to have been conned...

That also makes for a lot of research, discussions and arguings irrelevant and pointless...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), gord (12th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), Tintin (10th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Chuck Missler is an awesome scholar but like other Pastors/Preachers/Teachers you will find most believe the ETs are a great deception/negative and should not be studied or contacted. Another researcher & scholar LA Marzulli continues to propagate the negative view. A few years ago a video with another excellent scholar Gary Stearman shared his amazing ET encounter which you can still find on the web with a good search, but he took his video down. I think he received pressure from other scholars to remove his testimony which was so important for a balanced view on this important subject. He was flying in his plane when electrical problems stopped the engine. The ET craft next to him helped get his airplane down, you should really read the article. Of course most on Avalon have a great perspective believing both good and bad types are out there and that is all I wanted LA Marzulli to say but he cant... nor did I find any other to support this view with Biblical perspective, but I think there are a few that remain quiet?
    Last edited by mojo; 9th August 2017 at 16:01.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thanks for the link. Please do not take this the wrong way but I would like for you or someone to articulate in their own words what you think not merely point me to someone else's research and saying that's what I think. You can start small and make a statement and I will seek clarification if needed. If it becomes obvious I need to review your source material I can do that.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

EFO (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Right on, Herve!! :highfive Well, Truster013...I wonder what kind of "background" you are coming from? Personally, I spent my entire life within "The Bible is THE Word of God" crowd, but when that belief system ruined my entire life, I began to try & figure out what was wrong with it! My first discovery was that key words in the O.T. had been translated incorrectly. Than I began to wonder where exactly did this collection of books come from!

The "miracle" stories in the O.T. make perfect sense if you understand the "gods"(the word is plural in Gen.) were simply a higher race of beings working out some sort of agenda of their own that they had. At this point in time, my own personal conclusion is that whatever the true Jesus Movement was, it was hijacked by the Roman Gov't. & made into an institution with which to control the populace. It has worked for centuries!

Mauro Biglino IS a good resource to go to if one is serious in wanting to truly understand the O.T. Joseph Atwill is good for understanding the political situation around the time of the forming of the N.T. & the first century circumstances.

My conclusion is that The Bible is one of the greatest hoaxes played upon humanity to be used as a means of control. I am NOT a scholar, nor do I wish to get into any arguments. I have simply stated what my own research has led me to. A correct translation of the O.T. would be very helpful & that is something we have not had until Mauro Biglino, in my opinion.

All the best!!

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bruno (14th August 2017), ceetee9 (10th August 2017), conk (9th August 2017), EFO (9th August 2017), Hervé (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Lefty Dave (10th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), sherron44 (10th August 2017), SunSea (10th August 2017), Tintin (10th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017), wondering (9th August 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    ....Truster013...I wonder what kind of "background" you are coming from?

...My first discovery was that key words in the O.T. had been translated incorrectly....

The "miracle" stories in the O.T. make perfect sense if you understand the "gods"(the word is plural in Gen.) were simply a higher race of beings working out some sort of agenda of their own that they had.

At this point in time, my own personal conclusion is that whatever the true Jesus Movement was, it was hijacked by the Roman Gov't. & made into an institution with which to control the populace. It has worked for centuries!

My conclusion is that The Bible is one of the greatest hoaxes played upon humanity to be used as a means of control...

Outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to express your own opinions.
    As to my background I was born and raised a conservative Christian, left the church in my early twenties and later became a far deeper student of Hebrew and ancient near eastern religion. My deep studies led me to a lot of he same conclusions as you. Namely that the God or gods of the Hebrew Bible were one and the same as various other gods of the ancient near East and that the OT stories were just a retelling of the history of alien beings interacting with people of earth. Like you, I found evidence that the scriptures were used as form of control over the masses.

However, where we MAY differ is on whether the Hebrew and Greek stories have any value. You may be more dismissive than I. Perhaps like me you are so angry at the church and well meaning Christians who treated you like **** that you anger keeps you from giving the writings any merit. I on the other hand think the writings did capture some important details. While they may have a Hebrew spin or a Christian re-interpretation, what we have there is still a history of sorts of an ancient alien species having interactions with man. It is worthy therefore in my opinion to use as a talking point and common frame of reference since most of us are familiar with the English translation of e Hebrew and Greek writings.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

DbDraad (9th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), pabranno (10th August 2017), wondering (9th August 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

Foxie is right, in my humble opinion, the bible is about control nothing more. That being said, I'm no deep thinking biblical scholar but I'll take a small bite at this with you...

As you no doubt know, the bible is not one book but many, 66 to 81 books, depending upon your point of reference. Chosen out of the many more apocryphal or "left out" books for their slant towards the key message of it's Judaeo roman founders. The key message being that "god" likes a certain type of behavior in his creation and not other behavior, therefore, ergo we must toe the party line if we want our ticket to get into the kingdom of heaven. It is a way to control our short lives with the promise of riches, virgins or everlasting happiness in the next life, a payment or reward for good work if you like..

Being gay for example, sodomy as the bible calls it, is frowned upon by "god" however any country boy or girl like myself knows that this message has not yet permeated to the animal kingdom, young male cows for example will love each other all day long and no priest or dire warnings of damnation will ever change that fact... So was god wrong, or is his creation like our cattle, gone wrong, or as I would argue, is our meager understanding of the creator wrong? After all our highly developed science tells us that bees should not be able to fly, yet they do so anyway.. Control is the key to the bible and it's use in society. When you see it for what it is it's power diminishes...

You make some great points about the Judaeo Cristian god being an extension of the Babylonian creator god Marduk and his seven layers of heaven and all his minions being some sort of alien species or conglomerate of species. But I don't see it like that any more, I just see it for what it is, control for the mind. These forms of organization within the cannon of the bible give the idea to the unwashed populous that even in heaven there are class structures that must be honored and perpetuated, as above so below right? After all the Drake Equation suggests that there are probably between 1000 and 100,000,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy, so who's in charge? Someone or something we hope...

Clearly as biblical scholars have already pointed out, the bible seems to be talking about two very different gods. There is the old testament Judaeo god who will test us by asking us to kill our own children to show our faith and loyalty. He will knock down the walls of enemy cities for the just or righteous, or destroy whole civilizations who disobey his commandments, not guides or suggestions to live by mind you but dictatorial commands, so much for freedom of thought and the freedom to choose so called good from bad. Then there is the new testament Cristian god who is all about love and forgiveness, who sent his only son to die for our sins.. Not sure that worked out as he planned, but he does move in mysterious ways after all, so who knows..

When you refer to the church to be hiding a major part of the story and reinterpreting that story, allowing us to see only their own new theology and claims to power, which church do you speak of? Catholic? Or one of the 30,000 plus sub branches or denominations? In my opinion, they are merely reinterpretations for the local tribes and separate tribe's evolution's of thought, again control and sub controls IMHO. By this standard there has been a new interpretation of the truth so called 14 plus times every year since the birth of Christ or one a month ish over the past 2,017 years....

Lastly I would ask respectfully that you reflect on the facts of our existence rather than the childish story we have all been told. Is god good? Is god just? Does he or she take care of his creation? Or do the facts point to quite the opposite? If he or she were a farmer or manager would we say he or she has done a good job with their flock? Or perhaps as some theologians have observed could god be evil rather than good? Does his or her management style or behavior reflect an evil desire for suffering rather than kindness for "his" people? After all "he" loved us sooo much that he created an ever lasting perpetual Hell for those souls who transgressed or disobeyed him in this brief, short life....

There is the Greek philosophy of the cacodemon, an evil god, rather than a loving one, who gives a little happiness and a little pleasure only to dash it later as he enjoys the suffering of his underlings, suffering mind you that can only be felt in comparison to the fleeting taste of happiness that he allows us to experience? Who knows, but I would say that this idea seems to hold more water than the idea of a god who loves and cherishes us, certainly when we look about us and to our short history as a thinking hairless warrior ape fighting each other's tribes for resources and dominion over the land.

The strongest evidence for us being seeded here on this planet as a warring hairless ape, is that we clearly are not biologically designed for this world, compared with other mammals. Our teeth are too short and our claws or rather nails too soft for hunting, as we get older we get too slow to run after our food. Being hairless we need the skins of our prey to stay warm etc etc. Our evolutionary growth on this planet is a story of adaptation and invention to overcome our shortcomings, mind over matter if you like. For me this is the greatest argument for a god or originator of our species, our obvious weakness which we have had to overcome at every stage of our development. We still have found no clear missing link between us and the 14 or so other types of hominoid that has walked this earth, were they all in his or her image or is it perhaps a different story to the one we have been told?

As one bald warrior ape with little to no understanding of the meaning of life, I look forward to your thoughts on this interesting puzzle..x.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 9th August 2017 at 21:08.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th August 2017), Bruno (14th August 2017), ceetee9 (10th August 2017), conk (9th August 2017), Craig (11th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017), wondering (9th August 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Well, Nasu...now we know you are bald! Enjoyed what you wrote!

Thruthster013...Concerning the writings. I would place The Bible on the same level as any other ancient writings. My little "journey" is well documented here on Avalon. It floored me when I read the book of Enoch & realized that parts of it had been lifted & put into our Genesis! Reading Atra-Hasis further widened my view. I feel no anger, only the sad realization that humanity has been hookwinked for centuries!

Coming from such a narrow minded upbringing it was quite a shock for me to begin realizing what had really been going on & I'm thankful to the more mature members here who encouraged me in my search & helped me along. That seems to be what is special about Avalon....the non arrogance of members & the willingness to help one another. Each of us is on our own personal journey.

Just wondering if you have had any "supernatural" happenings in your life that seemed to be guiding you along a certain path? We all have our little histories, don't we?! I love to hear what others have lived through & how they have been able to handle "life"!!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bruno (14th August 2017), ceetee9 (10th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Noelle (9th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

My baldness is in my profile pic, I'm surprised you didn't notice it before. lol. x. You are right about us all experiencing things beyond our understanding though, or supernatural as you put it. I tend to think that the early religions were man's way of answering such mystery's on life's path. Like for example ghosts, having had two ghostly experiences myself I can well imagine early man wanting to know why such things exist.

I think it is part of the human condition or mind to fill in the gaps of our understanding.

For example a few years ago on the night before Easter I went into one of my children's rooms to tuck them in, only to find one of my boys deep into building some sort of fort out of cardboard boxes and rope, he was five or six at the time. Like most dads I told him to stop what he was up to and get into bed. As he climbed into bed I noticed some rope tied to his foot, leading out of bed to the structure he had made. I asked him what it was for and he replied that it was a trap for the rabbit. What rabbit I asked? He replied the Easter rabbit. Then I asked why the rope tied to his foot? He looked at me like I was stupid and said to drag him to the island of course. The Island, what island I asked? Again he looked incredulously at me and explained in his most patronizing voice that when he catches the rabbit it will drag him to Easter Island where all the chocolate is, there he would stay and eat chocolate until god caught him and sent him home!!! lol.

It is our nature to fill in the gaps of our understanding. Even if we are quite wrong....x... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 9th August 2017 at 19:55.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Bruno (14th August 2017), ceetee9 (10th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), Franny (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Noelle (9th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Nasu....Can't stop laughing about Easter Island! That should be my destination as I'm a Chocoholic!!! Good point about filling in the gaps! The more one learns, the more one does NOT know!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

EFO (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    ...in my humble opinion, the bible is about control nothing more....
    Thank you very much for weighing in on this topic and sharing your feelings. I don't entirely agree with your statement above (though you are entitled to feel however you choose) for one key reason. I'm not convinced that the entire collection was originally written simply for the purpose of getting control over the masses. Maybe, as you say later on, the collection or "canon" as we call it, was assembled that best met that goal but I tend to believe that much of the original writings were merely historical (albeit quite biased history, but historical none the less). It may entirely be true that the ancient Hebrew priesthood created a system of control over the people with these writings and benefited from it nicely. For example, how nice was it for them to have every other tribe do all the hard labor and just freely give them the best tenth of all their goods because they were not to do the menial "work" like the rest of them? But I would posit that this might tell us more than we think. I'll get to that briefly.

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    As you no doubt know, the bible is not one book but many....chosen out of the many more apocryphal or "left out" books for their slant towards the key message of it's Judaeo roman founders. The key message being that "god" likes a certain type of behavior in his creation and not other behavior, therefore, ergo we must toe the party line if we want our ticket to get into the kingdom of heaven. It is a way to control our short lives with the promise of riches, virgins or everlasting happiness in the next life, a payment or reward for good work if you like..

You make some great points about the Judaeo Cristian god being an extension of the Babylonian creator god Marduk and his seven layers of heaven and all his minions being some sort of alien species or conglomerate of species. But I don't see it like that any more, I just see it for what it is, control for the mind. These forms of organization within the cannon of the bible give the idea to the unwashed populous that even in heaven there are class structures that must be honored and perpetuated, as above so below right? After all the Drake Equation suggests that there are probably between 1000 and 100,000,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy, so who's in charge? Someone or something we hope...

...The strongest evidence for us being seeded here on this planet as a warring hairless ape, is that we clearly are not biologically designed for this world, compared with other mammals. Our teeth are too short and our claws or rather nails too soft for hunting, as we get older we get too slow to run after our food. Being hairless we need the skins of our prey to stay warm etc etc. Our evolutionary growth on this planet is a story of adaptation and invention to overcome our shortcomings, mind over matter if you like. For me this is the greatest argument for a god or originator of our species, our obvious weakness which we have had to overcome at every stage of our development. We still have found no clear missing link between us and the 14 or so other types of hominoid that has walked this earth, were they all in his or her image or is it perhaps a different story to the one we have been told?
    Here we may be more in agreement. I can see the logic that the writings were selected that would best keep the power in the hands of the priesthood and writings that challenged that system would be discarded. I see evidence of that as well. But this is a thought I keep asking myself. What if the "gods" written about in the Bible DID tell people that they had to behave in a certain way? What if the priesthood were merely following what another higher class of beings taught them because that's how they themselves are governed? For example, as some researches have suggested, ancient writings seem to indicate that long ago a race of beings from another place came to our earth and found a planet teaming with life and began to mine our resources. But this society of beings had a class structure themselves and the "workers" of the Annunaki became angry at being treated as slaves by their higher caste system and rebelled. Depending on your interpretation of the writings, the Annunaki then may have simply taken the most advanced species on our planet at the time (a hairy neanderthal) and messed with it's genetics to create a new smarter species that could do the slave work for them.

As you allude to above, this new "man" doesn't seem to quite belong in the evolutionary chain. We suddenly lost our hair (which makes little evolutionary sense since we the had to immediately go find clothing to survive the elements) and we became smarter, capable of speech, etc. In the more ancient writings (before the Hebrew "Bible") one of the gods felt bad for the new slave class the "gods" created and told us that we were created like the gods themselves and did not have to be dumb beasts of the field. This "god" informed man that we were naked because in the eyes of the gods we are no different than any other beast of the field. For this man became "ashamed" of his nakedness because he realized now that he was cattle to the gods. Even in the Bible we see that Adam was first asked to find a mate from among the animals before the "gods" decided to make Eve. Only after Adam couldn't find ANOTHER beast of the field to mate with did the Hebrew scriptures tell us god made him a mate.

My point to all this is that the historical record is still important. In the older writings one could call the "god" who enlightened us and told us we were being treated as cattle as the "good" guy while the god or "gods" who wanted to keep us dumb naked beasts of the field could be the "bad" guy. So why did the Hebrews reverse this? Why did they make it a "sin" for man to be told they were merely beasts of the field? Why does "god" get angry and ask "Who told you you were naked????" The stories are too similar not to warrant discussion of what changed and why? Who changed it? Do the "gods" or some other race of beings want to keep us as slaves? Are they really out for our best interest? Or all we all just puppets they manipulate as they see fit?

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th August 2017), Bruno (14th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Thruthster013...Concerning the writings. I would place The Bible on the same level as any other ancient writings....It floored me when I read the book of Enoch & realized that parts of it had been lifted & put into our Genesis! Reading Atra-Hasis further widened my view.
    Right! I agree with this statement. I view the writings of the Bible important now for one basic reason. It's pretty "in tact" (more so than a lot of other ancient writings) but it is still just ONE version of the story. History is written by the victors. This is the Hebrew version. I find it worth discussing as a frame of reference but do not put it above writings of Enoch. Even in the day "Jesus" is said to exist, Enoch was a book considered "scripture" by his followers. It took hundreds of years to reject that book and many others that used to be called "scripture."

Just wondering if you have had any "supernatural" happenings in your life that seemed to be guiding you along a certain path?
    Yes, I have had what I might call supernatural happenings in my life since I was young. I can't say that I'm being guided down any certain path however as all attempts to make sense of it and communicate with what I experience fails. But alas, I don't want to derail the conversation too much. That may be better as a side conversation.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Bruno (14th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

One additional thought I wanted to get out regarding some statements above about "beasts of the field" is that I have often wondered about all the stories in which the "gods" ask us to be naked before them. Think of all the pagan sex rituals for example or even modern Wicca and the Skyclad cerimony. If there really are alien beings out there that view mankind as nothing more than mere "beasts of the field", how delighted they must be to command us to strip naked and return to the form of rutting animals before them and show ourselves to be the animals we are.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Bruno (14th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

You could be right. Perhaps there is some truth to the stories. But as has been said, the true intent or original meaning has been lost in the jumble of edits over time. I always found it amusing that man and his mate was cast out of Eden forever, but the snake as punishment for showing eve the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge was made to crawl on his belly for all time by god, lol, not much of a punishment for a snake eh?

It is difficult because of the biased edits over time, to discern the true story of creation and the true meaning of the latter books of the bible. There are glimpses here and there perhaps, but that may just be our imaginations. For example when Moses comes down from the mountain with the ten commandments, scholars have noted the similarities to the Egyptian book of the dead. Moses was supposedly trained in their ways so it does make some sense. The book of the dead was written as a guide to the living for when they passed to the underworld. It was a canonical collection of books like the bible, with spells and such to help the dead pass over. At the gates of the underworld, Thoth would ask the questions and Osiris and Isis would weigh their heart against a feather from the answers to the questions about their life, the book gave the living a series of answers so as to get past the gate. I forget now exactly how many but there were several hundred answers, they went something like this; I have not killed, I have not blasphemed, I have not taken the lords name in vain, I have not slept with my brothers wife, I have not stolen, etc etc. It has been postulated that the commandments were simply a reworking of this book into ten of the biggest transgressions, replacing I have not to thou shalt not.

I do think though that as rules for community living nine of the ten commandments are very good guides to harmonious living. The first of them is very wrong though and has caused more violence and wars than any other religious edict, IMHO, that is the first commandment that says; thou shalt have no other gods but me for I am a jealous god. Never mind that any god so insecure in their place of being is not worth the worship, but it clearly insinuates via simple logic that there must be other gods for which our god gets jealous of, it also gives the faithful complete license to destroy or kill any person or group who follows or worships a different god or faith. In my arrogance I would change it to; thou shalt respect thy neighbors faith...

I do find it an interesting idea that we were seeded as some sort of beast of burden for the originator gods. Perhaps as you say from some primate experiment. The gods then squabbled about our position as a slave race and fought over us, one side winning and one side losing, with a promise to return one day. So many ancient religions talk of a war between the gods, over their creation, us. The Chinese creation myth for example of Sun Wukong or master monkey or the monkey king, talks of how the gods created man from a monkey out from a jade egg and had to teach him the god's ways of civilization, like us he was always getting into trouble and was very rebellious. In India, there was the monkey called Hanuman, the incarnation of the god Shiva and is considered the most powerful and intelligent among the pantheon of Indian Gods.

It is an interesting coincidence that now we have a small understanding of genetics, doctors have noted that only one bone exists within our frame that could be removed without damaging the host or any significant harm, one useless bone if you like, our last rib bone on our rib-cage. Full of marrow and DNA....

What I don't like about the bible or other creation myths for that matter is the idea that our gifts are simply god given. I have observed as an armchair historian that our development and growth has been slow, painful and hard won over the six thousand years or so of our recorded history. To give any credit to another progenitor race fails to see that only through adversity have we developed our strength. Like a tree that grows without wind or severe weather, their roots are shallow. Our roots are deep because of the harsh conditions of our history. Perhaps the gods created us to be their warriors, to fight their wars? An experiment still in the making perhaps? Given our violent nature and history of overcoming exceptional hardships, that would make the most sense to me....x.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 10th August 2017 at 05:14.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Bruno (14th August 2017), ceetee9 (10th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Loooooooong story short.

God through his only son Jesus Christ create creation completely perfect and full of pure light.

One third of the beings decide themselves to be god and led by the primordial archangel Lucifer (now the devil) rebel against the God head. (Father,Son,Holy Spirit)

God judges the rebellious beings and casts them out of the higher realms and curses them with death.

God then through his mercy and love creates a plan to save as many of the cursed beings as he can.

God incarnates the souls of cursed beings into lowly earthlings.

God sends his only Son Jesus Christ Himself to come down and take the curse of death upon Himself and reconcile as many beings as to to back to the God Head.

I hope that helps lol, I'm Christian and that's how I see the story.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sojourner For This Post:

EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), Nasu (9th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sojourner (here)
    Loooooooong story short.

God through his only son Jesus Christ create creation completely perfect and full of pure light.

One third of the beings decide themselves to be god and led by the primordial archangel Lucifer (now the devil) rebel against the God head. (Father,Son,Holy Spirit)

God judges the rebellious beings and casts them out of the higher realms and curses them with death.

God then through his mercy and love creates a plan to save as many of the cursed beings as he can.

God incarnates the souls of cursed beings into lowly earthlings.

God sends his only Son Jesus Christ Himself to come down and take the curse of death upon Himself and reconcile as many beings as to to back to the God Head.

I hope that helps lol, I'm Christian and that's how I see the story.
    I do hope that I / we have not insulted your world view. That was most definitely not my intention. If so I am very sorry...edit - off topic - back to topic - .....x.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 11th August 2017 at 18:10.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

ceetee9 (10th August 2017), EFO (10th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th August 2017), jjjones (11th August 2017), Truthster013 (10th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast