+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philip K Dick's Ten Major Gnostic Principles

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Philip K Dick's Ten Major Gnostic Principles

The Ten Major Principles of the Gnostic Revelation

From Exegesis, by Philip K. Dick

The Gnostic Christians of the second century believed that only a special revelation of knowledge rather than faith could save a person. The contents of this revelation could not be received empirically or derived a priori. They considered this special gnosis so valuable that it must be kept secret. Here are the ten major principles of the gnostic revelation:

1. The creator of this world is demented.

2. The world is not as it appears, in order to hide the evil in it, a delusive veil obscuring it and the deranged deity.

3. There is another, better realm of God, and all our efforts are to be directed toward
    returning there bringing it here

4. Our actual lives stretch thousands of years back, and we can be made to remember our origin in the stars.

5. Each of us has a divine counterpart unfallen who can reach a hand down to us to awaken us. This other personality is the authentic waking self; the one we have now is asleep and minor. We are in fact asleep, and in the hands of a dangerous magician disguised as a good god, the deranged creator deity. The bleakness, the evil and pain in this world, the fact that it is a deterministic prison controlled by the demented creator causes us willingly to split with the reality principle early in life, and so to speak willingly fall asleep in delusion.

6. You can pass from the delusional prison world into the peaceful kingdom if the True Good God places you under His grace and allows you to see reality through His eyes.

7. Christ gave, rather than received, revelation; he taught his followers how to enter the kingdom while still alive, where other mystery religions only bring about amnesis: knowledge of it at the "other time" in "the other realm," not here. He causes it to come here, and is the living agency to the Sole Good God (i.e. the Logos).

8. Probably the real, secret Christian church still exists, long underground, with the living Corpus Christi as its head or ruler, the members absorbed into it. Through participation in it they probably have vast, seemingly magical powers.

9. The division into "two times" (good and evil) and "two realms" (good and evil) will abruptly end with victory for the good time here, as the presently invisible kingdom separates and becomes visible. We cannot know the date.

10. During this time period we are on the sifting bridge being judged according to which power we give allegiance to, the deranged creator demiurge of this world or the One Good God and his kingdom, whom we know through Christ.

To know these ten principles of Gnostic Christianity is to court disaster.
    Last edited by Justintime; 19th July 2013 at 19:24.
    After the First World War there is No Other.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

AwakeInADream (19th July 2013), Cognitive Dissident (20th July 2013), Curt (20th July 2013), Deega (19th July 2013), Delight (19th July 2013), Dorjezigzag (19th July 2013), Freed Fox (20th July 2013), Gardener (20th July 2013), genevieve (20th July 2013), haroldsails (23rd June 2020), johnf (19th July 2013), justalight (19th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kiforall (19th July 2013), Kindling (20th July 2013), Kraut (19th July 2013), lookbeyond (20th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th July 2013), nomadguy (20th July 2013), Pam (20th July 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (20th July 2013), Ria (19th July 2013), seeker/reader (19th July 2013), shadowstalker (19th July 2013), sunflower (21st July 2013), Swanette (20th July 2013), ulli (20th July 2013), wegge (5th November 2022), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013), Wind (20th July 2013), write4change (20th July 2013), Zelig (19th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Default Re: Philip K Dick's Ten Major Gnostic Principles

Fabulous FIND
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

AwakeInADream (19th July 2013), Delight (19th July 2013), johnf (19th July 2013), Justintime (19th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

The Gnostics are a facsinating group.
    The idea that that universe is created by a deluded god is interesting, although
    I tend to believe what is here, page 41 level 14.

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/allexistence.pdf

That document does not seem to state who did create this universe, but I am very very sure it was not one being, and in a sense we are part of whatever did, and have some part in it's ongoing unfoldment.
    I find it fascinating though that there might be a being who has 3 aspects on the top plane of the physical universe,
    Who is deluded into believing it created this universe and is the owner of it.
    I believe the Gnostics were onto a lot of things however it seems the real nature of the christian movement is lost ot us at this time.
    He talks about the second century.
    Other Gnostic scholars talk about a war of sorts between the early christians, and the Romanized version of christianity
    (One source of this idea is John Lash).
    The roman version taught that Christ was the one and only son of God, and, salvation (notice the hidden belief in this word that we need to be saved) can only be gotten by obedience to this special, male person.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

AwakeInADream (19th July 2013), Freed Fox (20th July 2013), haroldsails (23rd June 2020), Justintime (19th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kraut (19th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th July 2013), seeker/reader (19th July 2013), shadowstalker (19th July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

I wrote about the Brazilian medium Jan Val Ellam in another post where your books tell the story of the creation of this universe, and that closely resemble the description Gnostic.
    Look also the description of the legends about the Hindu creator Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu.
    In three of his books he explains in detail the problem that occurred at the time of creation of this universe (which is not the only one, just one among many), dementia that the Gnostics refer:
    The Cosmic Drama of the Yahweh (2010)
    The Spiritual Drama of the Yahweh (2011)
    The Drama of Land Yahweh (2012)

You can see here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post702895

And here's an interview with subtitles in English by the same author talking a bit about how he has access to these stories:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post703775
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 19th July 2013 at 20:28.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

If you like Dick, then you'll love this:http://www.octobot.net/library/Dick,%20Philip%20K/
    A vast collection of his books and short stories here to download, including selections from his Exegesis.
    (hover over each link to see the full title, all books available in pdf + rtf + lit format)

I really love his work, he was a real genius IMO, although I must confess that in the past I had to stop reading one of his novels (can't remember which one) because my poor little brain just couldn't take any more.
    Last edited by AwakeInADream; 19th July 2013 at 20:56.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Delight (19th July 2013), Freed Fox (20th July 2013), genevieve (20th July 2013), Justintime (19th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kraut (20th July 2013), Muzz (19th July 2013), NancyV (21st July 2013), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (20th July 2013), PurpleLama (19th July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

I have been talking about how to overcome, your demented powers that be, and return to your true Immortal Spirit Self, for over a year now...
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

AwakeInADream (19th July 2013), conk (25th July 2013), Gardener (20th July 2013), Jake (19th July 2013), JRS (20th July 2013), Justintime (20th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (20th July 2013), seko (20th July 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Germany Avalon Member justalight's Avatar
    Thanks

fantastic, thank you !

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justalight For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), Kraut (20th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

If the Op resonates i´d check up montalk.net. Thats where my rabbit hole expanded :-)
    Tom Montalk refers to exegesis in the intro
    http://montalk.net/gnosis/171/corrup...f-the-demiurge

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), Freed Fox (20th July 2013), Justintime (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kraut (20th July 2013), lookbeyond (20th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    I have been talking about how to overcome, your demented powers that be, and return to your true Immortal Spirit Self, for over a year now...
    Yeah, I first started reading about OBEs when i took a gander at your thread sirdipswitch. When I saw the title of your thread, last month when I joined, I thought OBE were the same as near death experiences. So, I'm definitely a newbie to OBE and practice and I'm still a little intimated by it. Also, for some reason I feel like you need to be special to have an OBE, you need to be spiritually mature, ready so to speak and there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me, you're not ready, you're spiritually a p.o.s. etc etc. It will pass though and I'll come back to that point in my life where I know OBE can be for me too
    Last edited by Justintime; 20th July 2013 at 01:17.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), Freed Fox (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AwakeInADream (here)
    If you like Dick, then you'll love this:http://www.octobot.net/library/Dick,%20Philip%20K/
    A vast collection of his books and short stories here to download, including selections from his Exegesis.
    (hover over each link to see the full title, all books available in pdf + rtf + lit format)

I really love his work, he was a real genius IMO, although I must confess that in the past I had to stop reading one of his novels (can't remember which one) because my poor little brain just couldn't take any more.
    PKD is absolutely my favorite author, his stories just grab you. He has a sense of intellectual honesty that makes his stories truly different. I know it was his willingness to put his entire self into all of his characters that made his stories fascinating. My favorites of his are in order:
    1. UBIK
    2. VALIS
    3. A Martian Time Slip

When I click on your link and try to pull up a story, it tells me safari wont allow me to or something. Do you know how I can fix this?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Quote Posted by Justintime (here)

Yeah, I first started reading about OBEs when i took a gander at your thread sirdipswitch. When I saw the title of your thread, last month when I joined, I thought OBE were the same as near death experiences. So, I'm definitely a newbie to OBE and practice and I'm still a little intimated by it. Also, for some reason I feel like you need to be special to have an OBE, you need to be spiritually mature, ready so to speak and there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me, you're not ready, you're spiritually a p.o.s. etc etc. It will pass though and I'll come back to that point in my life where I know OBE can be for me too
    I'm no expert on the subject Justin, but from what I've learned so far, you don't have to be 'special' to have OBEs. You don't even have to be (consciously) ready, as quite a few people have reported having them spontaneously. The ability to initiate them does seem to go hand-in-hand with spiritual development to a certain degree, and although some do seem more natural at it than others, there are a few different methods of practice which apparently yield good results. It may not be for everybody, but IMO it is a worthy pursuit.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), Justintime (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013), Wind (20th July 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    The idea that that universe is created by a deluded god is interesting, although

That document does not seem to state who did create this universe, but I am very very sure it was not one being, and in a sense we are part of whatever did, and have some part in it's ongoing unfoldment.
    I find it fascinating though that there might be a being who has 3 aspects on the top plane of the physical universe,
    I believe the Gnostics were onto a lot of things however it seems the real nature of the christian movement is lost ot us at this time.
    Other Gnostic scholars talk about a war of sorts between the early christians, and the Romanized version of christianity
    The roman version taught that Christ was the one and only son of God, and, salvation (notice the hidden belief in this word that we need to be saved) can only be gotten by obedience to this special, male person.

jf
    Dear Friend.
    My interpretation (I may be wrong) about this passage of Jesus Christ is that using the code of conduct he introduced to us (love one another) would be the easiest way to be saved (spiritually evolve practicing this conduct, and well below to other spheres of evolution)
    Hug.

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

Quote Posted by naste.de.lumina (here)

jf
    Dear Friend.
    My interpretation (I may be wrong) about this passage of Jesus Christ is that using the code of conduct he introduced to us (love one another) would be the easiest way to be saved (spiritually evolve practicing this conduct, and well below to other spheres of evolution)
    Hug.
    Well, what i was trying to get at is the two different messages that seem to be in the new testament.
    One is pointing the way to unity consciousness, and one is pointing to obedience to worldly leaders, ptb, etc.
    The love your neighbor as yourself is one of several bursts of illumination that exist in the new testament alongside the give your power to us so we can feed off you stuff.
    I think that the gnostics and those that came before them knew a lot about the real structure of the universe, that just didn't make it into the heavily edited version.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kraut (20th July 2013), lookbeyond (20th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (20th July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #14
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well, what i was trying to get at is the two different messages that seem to be in the new testament.
    One is pointing the way to unity consciousness, and one is pointing to obedience to worldly leaders, ptb, etc.
    The love your neighbor as yourself is one of several bursts of illumination that exist in the new testament alongside the give your power to us so we can feed off you stuff.
    I think that the gnostics and those that came before them knew a lot about the real structure of the universe, that just didn't make it into the heavily edited version.

jf
    Yes for sure.
    The so-called apocryphal books are good example of what you said.
    Even among these are the books of Enoch.
    Thanks

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Metaphor (here)
    If the Op resonates i´d check up montalk.net. Thats where my rabbit hole expanded :-)
    Tom Montalk refers to exegesis in the intro
    http://montalk.net/gnosis/171/corrup...f-the-demiurge
    I took your advice and have been busy the past few hours reading some of the articles on this website about Gnosticism, yeah, you could say my rabbit hole is expanding a bit. My only regret is that I find it too interesting to put off until tomorrow morning when I'll be too distracted by the wife and kid to give it my full attention. Oh well, hitting the sack late tonight!

Anyways, I wanted to share a bit more with PA about PKD. Here is one of my favorite quotes by him: " "Often people claim to remember past lives, I claim to remember a different, very different, present life." What did PKD mean by this?

"Within our spatiotemporal universe it is impossible that USA 1974 and Rome AD 45 could be one and the same … how could they be? They are at two times and two places. The only way they could be one and the same would be if time and space were somehow not real; or, put another way, if something about the two continua themselves were not real. That is, if Rome was not Rome; USA was not USA; but both were a third thing, the same thing.

This is why I call it a meta-abstraction. USA 1974 and Rome AD 45 are two ways of looking at the same thing: two aspects of the same thing. And the only way you are ever going to realize this is if you literally actually see the two of them superimposed, commingled; and this will only happen if you experience anamnesis; and you will only experience this anamnesis if something stimulates—releases, actually—your blocked memory.

I treat only the spatiotemporal realm as irreal, but, as in Gnosticism, I treat it as a deliberate trap by a deluder; therefore I envision a Savior who reveals the truth to us and who breaks the power of this world (heimarmene) over us (these are two things; he must obliterate time and its power over us, its ostensible reality, to free us from heimarmene). Therefore I envision an antithetical combat—dialectic—between the Deluder, who has only a posteriori knowledge, and the Savior, who has a priori knowledge, concerning us and the hold this world has on us. This is clear Gnosticism; but I envision the real world as Plato’s Form world, and I hold, with Plotinus, that it is near at hand, not a transcendent deity far removed from here; it is here and that deity is immediately here. I envision a hierarchy of realms, as with Plotinus. We fell; we were in a sense ensnared; we took this spatiotemporal realm to be real; we made an intellectual, not moral, error, and it was us, not our ancestors; each of us is a soul splintered through thousands of miles and thousands of years. Likewise, the real, morphological realm is exploded through our realm; the way of return is through anamnesis: by this we re-collect (ourselves, each one his own Self […])."

This quote was taking from montalk, specifically, this page here

http://montalk.net/gnosis/220/9-the-end

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), Freed Fox (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kraut (20th July 2013), Metaphor (21st July 2013), NancyV (21st July 2013), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

Thanks for the thread and the links provided by everyone. I love Dick. I'll leave it at that. I don't know why he was singled out to receive the information that he did, but I am thankful for it and the literature that he wrote. Truly entertaining and enlightening. When you look at VALIS and relate it to our current situation, what with the recent PRISM revelations, it lends one to....... think....... deeply........

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), william r sanford72 (20th July 2013)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

When I click on a subject in the link you gave, it downloads as an .rtf which I cannot open. It opens as complete gibberish and wingdings. Is there something that I am missing here? What do I need to have to read an rtf? Thanks in advance for the help!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Hi Playdo! Every book in the list is repeated three times so that every second book with the same title is a pdf.
    In Chrome and Firefox when you hover over a link you can see the full title at the bottom left of the screen,
    I hover over each link until I find a pdf version, then right click and 'save as'.

In order to tranfer the pdf's to my ebook reader(Kobo mini), I open the pdf in Adobe and save as txt file, otherwise the text is too small for me to read on it.

Hi Justintime! I don't know about Safari, try using Chrome or Firfox (or other alternative browser) and doing as above.

Let me know if you get this to work.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Eram (20th July 2013), Justintime (20th July 2013)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Hi Playdo! Every book in the list is repeated three times so that every second book with the same title is a pdf.
    In Chrome and Firefox when you hover over a link you can see the full title at the bottom left of the screen,
    I hover over each link until I find a pdf version, then right click and 'save as'.

In order to tranfer the pdf's to my ebook reader(Kobo mini), I open the pdf in Adobe and save as txt file, otherwise the text is too small for me to read on it.

Hi Justintime! I don't know about Safari, try using Chrome or Firfox (or other alternative browser) and doing as above.

Let me know if you get this to work.

I got it to work using safari, every second book works, awesome link, thanks again.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

AwakeInADream (20th July 2013), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), lookbeyond (20th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread