+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast

Thread: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Unless It Changes, Capitalism Will Starve Humanity By 2050
    At least he's more optimistic than Karl Marx was.

And according to Al Gore the ice caps shouldn't exist by now.

Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    in truth, I've been hearing it since before the mini collapse of 2008 but it is never anything like as bad as 'expected'.
    2008 could have been a lot worse if the government didn't bail out all the criminal activities of the banks. But I know what you mean. It's hard to predict something that I think is really a power struggle. No one has unilateral control here.

Economics encompasses just about everything in our lives. It can be difficult to control labor sometimes, especially when the bankers don't have political power.

If a global depression was to strike tomorrow, which countries would be in the best position to recover and take advantage of the situation before the others do?

I think the answer to that lies in who has the most leverage to remove the bankers from power. And this is the crux of the problem for those bankers who want a collapse.

2. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

Just to be clear, that was an opinion I quoted from Forbes magazine, and was not my opinion.
    Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Unless It Changes, Capitalism Will Starve Humanity By 2050
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 21st December 2018 at 09:01. Reason: fix quoting
    Each breath a gift...

3. Link to Post #83
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Unfortunately, my forecast, which began this thread almost a year ago, that the year of 2018 would be the beginning of a greater global depression, may (almost) come true.

We have just one week left in 2018, and outside of a few nations, most people in most nations would not say they are in a major depression. The economies of most nations are still working more or less normally.

However ... at least in the United States ... the signs of a major financial crisis are mounting.

In just the last three weeks:The pile of debt (private, public, world-wide) since the recession of 2008 has grown to truly epic proportions, using fraud, securitized debt and derivatives and options thereof.

As I noted yesterday in Post #8045 of the Qanon thread, I expect that we are being setup for a massive economic and financial crisis, rather than another military world war, to mark the end of the American Century and Empire, and the transition of the globalists power center from the U.S. to China:
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    The world war we are now entering will be financial, economic, monetary, commercial, and engineering, as the hopes for economic well being of the average American are dashed on the rocks of collapsing stocks, bonds, pensions, social benefits, insurance plans, and real estate prices and the economic solvency of most American individuals, families, communities, businesses, and governments local and federal are dashed on the rocks of defaulting debt and foreclosure.
    So my forecast that most ordinary people ("normies") in my family and community would know, for certain, that the economic and financial collapse had happened, by the end of this year 2018 looks like it will be another failed forecast (my tenth or twelfth failed annual forecast of economic collapse in a row, if I recall correctly.)

However for the few percentage of us that track financial, economic and monetary markets a little closer, there seems to be no escape from a major collapse, and little further delay possible.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th December 2018 at 04:52.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

5th (24th December 2018), Bill Ryan (24th December 2018), Chip (24th December 2018), mountain_jim (24th December 2018), Spellbound (24th December 2018), TrumanCash (25th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Even if the stock market bottoms out and big banks go into default, I don't think all the industries rebuilding in the US will be allowed to simply shut their doors and close shop. The rebuilding of domestic industry has been gaining momentum regardless of the stock market, and all it would take is some financial sleight-of-hand to keep the fiat flowing. I suspect the stocks and banks will crash sooner or later, but government intervention will keep critical infrastructure going, including coal, steel manufacturing, electrical plants, etc.

The doom and gloom will be for the bankers and stock manipulators. More like 1921 than 1929.

6. Link to Post #85
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Even if the stock market bottoms out and big banks go into default, I don't think all the industries rebuilding in the US will be allowed to simply shut their doors and close shop. The rebuilding of domestic industry has been gaining momentum regardless of the stock market, and all it would take is some financial sleight-of-hand to keep the fiat flowing. I suspect the stocks and banks will crash sooner or later, but government intervention will keep critical infrastructure going, including coal, steel manufacturing, electrical plants, etc.

The doom and gloom will be for the bankers and stock manipulators. More like 1921 than 1929.
    Real industry, real mining, real farming, real infrastructure ... I agree that yes, there is a long future there.

Paper wealth, such as one's expected retirement, medical insurance, social benefit payments, stock and bond appreciation, bank savings, real estate appreciation, and jobs that don't really produce something ... those now dominate the finances of many, probably the majority, of Americans. There I do not see a future.

People working in the military-industrial complex, government and large corporation "desk" or management jobs, the medical and pharmaceutical industries, and the financial services industries are going to take a major income hit, either losing their jobs or losing substantial real value of their income. Even many routine manual labor and service jobs will be replaced by robotics and automated systems. Taxi, truck drivers and package delivery drivers will be replaced by self-driving vehicles, and engine mechanics will be less in demand as engines go electric. This currently describes over half of the entire American economy, which will have to shrink to less than ten per-cent of the economy.

Imported goods, such as most of our electronics, many of our cars, half our food, most of what's on the shelves at Wal*Mart, and even much of what Amazon sells will cost a lot more in "real" (adjusted to current value) US Dollars, as the US Dollar will no longer be the King Dollar, the Reserve currency, of the world. Some of that production will return to domestic production, but that will take time and won't be cheap.

There will be, deliberately and by the intentions of the bastards in power, a period of "shock and awe" in the American populace, caused not by nuclear holocaust or a major armed invasion, but by an economic, financial and monetary collapse.

Those who can get through the "shock and awe" period, of perhaps a few years, and who are able to perform honest, productive work, will do OK. America will no longer be the "shining city on the hill", the world's only super-power and the world's dominant economy. But there will be plenty of honest work for those able.

But the "shock and awe" period will come first. Some will not make it through that period, and many who do will have to dramatically down-size their life-style and expectations, and will have to learn new ways to earn a living.

Those who remain in denial of the changes will have an especially hard time of it.

This will be more of a mind game than a physical decimation of the population. Those who understand the forces and changes in play will mostly be able to get through it, unless their existence, perhaps for medical, limited mental or physical abilities, or high debt reasons, was already marginal.

I expect that this will be more like the collapse of the British Empire, or more recently of the Soviet Union, than either 1921 or 1929 in the U.S. Like Russia, but less like England, America has vast physical resources which will provide a long term basis for a real, productive, economy.

That will, by design of the bastards in power, not come immediately.

First "they" have to knock us "off our throne" of being the world's imperial super-power, the world's dominant military, provider of the world's monetary currency, the world's dominant issuer of debt, and the world's leading trader in fraud, drugs, toxic food, toxic medicines, arms, and human organs and infants.

If, as seems increasingly likely to me, this is overlaid with a decade of global cooling due to a solar minimum like we have not seen in centuries, then it won't be easy, even for the tougher, more flexible, amongst us.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th December 2018), Bill Ryan (24th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Czarek (27th December 2018), Reinhard (24th December 2018), TrumanCash (25th December 2018)

8. Link to Post #86
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Yes, although the Dow has fallen from 28,000 to 22,000 it's not a collapse as we are still higher than September last year.

It was ridiculously, artificially high and while it could be the beginning of a crash it's more likely to be just the return to sensible levels. But I agree the world economic outlook is not bullish and maybe we are due for an unpleasant correction soon. However, I still say a 'great Global Depression' won't happen even in 2019.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 5th For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2018), Bill Ryan (24th December 2018), Satori (24th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th December 2018)

10. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, although the Dow has fallen from 28,000 to 22,000 it's not a collapse as we are still higher than September last year.
    In the last few hours, the Dow fell further.

As you state, and as the reader can see in the following chart, the Dow was about 22,000 in Sept of 2017. Then it rose rapidly to nearly 27,000 in January of 2018, and during 2018 ranged between about 23,500 and 27,000. In the last few trading days, it has fallen below that trading range, back down to (just below) 22,000.
    While I would not define "collapse" as "below the level of 15 months ago", I would agree that the fall so far is not what would usually be called a "collapse".

However it was a record fall today. Never before in the 122 year history of the Dow Jones Industrial Average had the Dow fallen more than 1% on Christmas Eve. That's usually a quiet day in a quiet week.

Today, Christmas Eve of 2018, the Dow fell over 2%.

It was ridiculously, artificially high and while it could be the beginning of a crash it's more likely to be just the return to sensible levels.
    Ah - but there lies the rub. What's "sensible" ?

Well, actually, as I have described in more detail above, the Dow Jones Industrial stock index is just one small part of a substantially larger rub.

I stand by my forecast that "World War III" will be more of a monetary, financial and economic war, than a shooting war (though smaller scale shooting wars will continue in various regions of the world, of course.)

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2018), Bill Ryan (24th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Satori (24th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018), TrumanCash (25th December 2018)

12. Link to Post #88
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As 2018 draws to a close, Brandon is still at it.

His latest article, The Psychological Warfare Behind Economic Collapse, examines the unfolding plans for a major global economic collapse, as part of controlling earth's resources and humanity, especially our minds.

In the middle of this article, Brandon writes:
    Economics as the globalists implement it is not about profit. It is sometimes about milking the population for labor or hard assets, but this is a side benefit. What economics is really about is molding minds; it is about changing the psychology of millions of people. It is about erasing inborn conscience and moral compass. It is about destroying long held societal principles and heritage. And sometimes, it is about erasing history altogether, killing most of a generation, and then writing a new history that is more suitable to the globalist ideal, which is much easier when there are so few people who remember the truth left to argue about it.
    He concludes this article with:
    The globalist magazine The Economist announced in 1988 the coming of a one-world currency system, one that would be launched in 2018 and that would require the decline of the U.S. economy and the dollar to open the door to the reset. It is no coincidence that we are now witnessing the beginning of a major financial crash in the last quarter of 2018. This crash was engineered starting in 2008 by central banks first through the inflation of a historic bubble encompassing almost all asset classes using stimulus measures and near zero interest rates, and it is being imploded today by the same central banks using tightening measures into economic weakness.
    I stand by my forecast that "World War III" will be more of a monetary, financial and economic war, than a shooting war (though smaller scale shooting wars will continue in various regions of the world, of course.)
    That is not just my forecast. It's also Brandon Smith's forecast, as in the above linked article of his that I posted at greater length on the previous page of this thread.

I hold his track record and analysis on such matters in much higher regard than I hold my own.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2018), Bill Ryan (24th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Franny (28th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018), TrumanCash (25th December 2018)

14. Link to Post #89
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Since my post an hour ago, above, the Dow has fallen nearly another 1%, from 21,990 then, to close for the day (early close for Christmas Eve) at 21,792, down 2.9% for the day.

===

Correction to something I wrote above. It was the S&P 500, not the Dow, that had never previously dropped over 1% on Christmas Eve. The Dow has done that, twice, dropping 1.1% on Christmas Eve of 1918, and 1.0% on that day in 1920. Further details can be found at: The stock market just booked its ugliest Christmas Eve plunge in history (MarketWatch.com)

===

P.S. -- Here's another good article, putting the current U.S. stock market changes in more perspective: https://wolfstreet.com/2018/12/22/fa...ss-harvesting/
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th December 2018 at 19:03.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2018), Bill Ryan (24th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018)

16. Link to Post #90
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Perhaps I have one fundamental point above wrong.

Perhaps there is not some deep conspiracy, by some central planning committee, to concoct an apparent financial and economic war, in order to perpetuate, mutatis mutandis, control over humanity.

Perhaps rather there is an actual war ongoing, that has been ongoing for centuries, if not millenia.

Perhaps there are long standing powers or families, currently manifest in [A] such entities as the White Dragons in the Orient and the Knights Templar in the West, who are engaged in a great battle against other powers, manifest in [B] such entities as the Vatican, various Satanists, and the Khazarian Mafia (aka globalist banker cabal).

Perhaps the [A] entities will no longer stand by and watch the planet, or human civilization, be so destroyed as has been happening.

Perhaps the [A] entities have broad support amongst Christian and Military elements in the West. Perhaps they chose Trump as one of their public leaders, for now at least.

Perhaps the [B] entities are presently losing this great battle, already having (more or less quietly) lost several of their key operational chieftains, known by such names as George H. W. Bush, Barbara Bush, John McCain, Zbigniew Brzezinski, and David Rockefeller, as well as other less public figures.

Perhaps it is as divided at the "top" as it is all the way down.

Perhaps such deep divisions are not simply a devious mechanism of control, but rather a reflection of the fundamental structure of our civilization, with deep and lasting divisions right to our core.

Perhaps this explains why it seems that the most powerful and wealthy families visible to us are so concerned with genetics and bloodlines. Perhaps these long standing divisions are along bloodlines.

===

My thanks to Jim Willie's Hat Trick Letter for this month of December, 2018, for portions of the above considerations.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Chris Gilbert (24th December 2018), Jayke (24th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018), TrumanCash (25th December 2018)

18. Link to Post #91
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If my previous post, just above, is correct, then this has major implications for something else I've been claiming in this thread.

If the divisions in human civilization go all the way to the top, along bloodlines, then there might not be a need to accentuate trauma in the bulk of humanity, in order to compel compliance with major changes in the world order.

Rather, once the more toxic power structures of the apparently losing bloodlines are sufficiently uprooted and weakened, then the majority of humanity can be treated in a more benign manner, adapting to larger changes due to solar climate (perhaps a global cooling in the coming decade) or technology advances and the extension of humanity out across the solar system, as best as circumstances allow.

Perhaps, in other words, the bulk of humanity is not essentially like an MKUltra victim, being deliberately traumatized into deep internal divisions and submission, by a few elite bastards, heartlessly farming us for our energy, but rather we might be more like the children of divorcing parents, allowed and enabled to live and grow as circumstances allow, once the challenges of custody are determined.

Hence the Economic World War III that I forecast in some posts above might not be artificially energized to be especially traumatic, but rather might pass more gently. The changes will however still be quite dramatic, even traumatic, for those who have trouble wrapping their heads around what is happening.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Jayke (24th December 2018), lake (24th December 2018), Sophocles (24th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018), Valerie Villars (27th December 2018)

20. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

.If the divisions in human civilization go all the way to the top, along bloodlines, then there might not be a need to accentuate trauma in the bulk of humanity, in order to compel compliance with major changes in the world order.

Rather, once the more toxic power structures of the apparently losing bloodlines are sufficiently uprooted and weakened, then the majority of humanity can be treated in a more benign manner, adapting to larger changes due to solar climate (perhaps a global cooling in the coming decade) or technology advances and the extension of humanity out across the solar system, as best as circumstances allow.

Perhaps, in other words, the bulk of humanity is not essentially like an MKUltra victim, being deliberately traumatized into deep internal divisions and submission, by a few elite bastards, heartlessly farming us for our energy, but rather we might be more like the children of divorcing parents, allowed and enabled to live and grow as circumstances allow, once the challenges of custody are determined.
    I’ve been thinking along similar lines recently, to the extent that I’ve begun calling the Trump presidency ‘Diana’s Revenge’, as Trump and the late princess Diana Spencer, supposedly both herald from the House of Stuart. The last Stuart to sit on the British throne was Queen Anne, who also happens to be the queen who features in the book ‘How the Nation was Won’, as the Queen who helped America temporarily find its freedom from the grip of British oligarchy. The house of Stuart seems to be the bloodline of the Production capitalists. As oppose to the Venetian Oligarchs and British Israelis who are the bloodline of the speculative capitalists.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/c...ders_and_dani/

There’s a great website, written by an anonymous genetics researcher, who calls himself The Catholic Jew, so while not a totally credible resource, it does provide great food for thought and a few detailed threads to follow.===============
    Legendary Slavonic or Parthian three brothers Rus (Z280), Lech (M458) and Czech (Z284) of R1a Z283 y-dna.

The Royal House descended from King Vonones II of Parthia took the name of Vononi which became Von, Vend, Wend, Vanir etc (Sla-voni means people of Vonones) . They were lead by a legendary leader who some called Cechy or Czech as well as Velus, Volo or Vologases. They left Parada or Paratan to escape the Sassanids and moved into Kazakhstan and some of them became Khazar Rulers and they later entered Europe in the area known as Czechia as the Z284 y-dna clan of Ephraim. Some of them then moved north into Scandinavia and then to Scotland. The MacDonalds descend from this Jewish Khazar branch of the Tribe of Ephraim. They were known as the Black Slavs due to their darker complexion and hair.

Another group of Ephraimites are the so-called Proto-Slavs of Central and Western Europe of M458 y-dna. They were originally called the Erani clan as they left Europe from the Persian Empire where they had left their name Eran in the form Iran. They are most likely the first of the three clans to enter Europe after the fall of the Parthian Empire. They represent the Ephraimite Parthians who remained in the lands of Media (Mitanni) and Persia (Iran) during the time of the Parthian Empire whereas the Z280 and Z284 Parthians were those who had established the Indo-Parthian kingdom. The Indo-Parthians were those who came from the regions of the Indian Ocean and the secret Parthian capital City called Parthia or Ophir (now underwater in the Perth Canyon). The leader of the Erani Proto-Slavs was called Lech and is considered to be the founder of Poland and represented by the white eagle. they were known as the White Slavs due to their fair skin and blonde hair. The name Lech probably meant milk white, Cech meant black and Rus meant red in the original Parthian language of the Slavs.

Besides these three clans of Ephraim of Parthian origin there are others clan's descended from Ephraim such as the one's that were involved in Joseph's interstellar project who are known as SRY1532.2* or YP4141 (R1a2). The group that settled in Canaan when the others were enslaved in Egypt was of YP1272 y-dna. YP1051 was an Ephraimite clan that did not take part in the Exodus but may have been present in the Egyptian colonies in Europe.

It is thus Russia and Poland and the other Slavic nations that are the Commonwealth of Nations mentioned in the Bible in regard to Jacob's prophecy for his grandson Ephraim. It would seem the birthright blessing passed to Ephraim's grandson Beredi and thus to the Russian people today who are the birthright nation. Biblical prophecy speaks of a day in the future in which the envy of Ephraim (Russia and the Slavic nations) against Judah (the Jews and the British) will come to an end and they will unite in unity.
    ==========

Also, Paul Levy, in his book ‘Jewish and Israelite Kingdoms’, gives a timeline for when the different tribes of Israel will discover their heritage and announce themselves to the world. They expect all the tribes to be reunited and the new messiah to announce himself by the year 2240.

The only reason I can see it taking so long is that there’s currently an elite intermarrying process going on. They’ve got to wait for those bloodline babies to grow up before they can marry them into other bloodline clans to unite the tribes.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Chip (25th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (25th December 2018), Valerie Villars (27th December 2018)

22. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

Perhaps rather there is an actual war ongoing, that has been ongoing for centuries, if not millenia.
    That's the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise we would have already been enslaved long ago. Instead, human history only shows us becoming more and more empowered over time, as the common man and woman. You and I live more comfortably today than kings of the Middle Ages, who, as you know, still shat in buckets and had no Internet!

I also agree it is related to bloodlines (another example in the chart Jayke posted above) and probably goes back as far as the old Enki and Enlil story and probably beyond that. I don't believe the human race as it exists today simply evolved from monkeys, either. Someone has been watching over and fighting over us.

23. Link to Post #94
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Perhaps, to extend this analogy, one (or more) of our "parents", ruling families, is more Satanic, more abusive, than the other(s).

Perhaps one of the motivations behind the "divorce" and ensuing "custody fight" is an effort by the more human, less Satanic, ruling family or families to save humanity from the abuses imposed on us by the more Satanic families.

That's not to imply that we, the population as a whole, will be treated, as free and honorable adults of equal right and power. We may well still be treated as "Children of God", to be governed by various means of control, power, propaganda, surveillance, allowances, and such. But that's probably better than being governed using ego-shattering terrorizing abuse of infants to create a class of "emotional eunuchs" (sociopaths) to ride roughshod over the rest of us.

Of course, and in any case, my analogy to a divorcing family breaks down after a point. For one thing, there are billions of humans on this planet, not the handful of children that might be in a divorcing family. Some of those billions, no matter how difficult the situation, will shine forth their genius and humanity, as did for example Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn in the Russian Gulag Archipelago, a forced labor camp in frozen Siberia.

It is part of the duty of each of us in this life to advance the well being, physical, mental and spiritual, of our fellow beings, in such diverse ways as our various talents and resources might permit.

It may be a delusion however to think that us common folk will organically form the large institutions of governance, commerce, production, learning, science and culture out of which a major civilization rises. Rather it seems that a few will be chosen, by position and family, to lead, even though those few are often as not just as ill-tempered and poorly talented as many of us commoners.

Our ancestors knew that life under some rulers was better than under some other rulers. Some rulers were kind and wise; some harsh and stupid. As they might have wished for their descendants to live in times of kind and wise rulers, so might we.

None of this is to deny the importance of humanity choosing well the forms of our governance.

But most of us, most of the time, don't get to choose the fundamental structures of the society into which we are born and live, nor can I imagine any way that it could be possible that we could, each of us, individually and separately, make such choices. If we could do so, then human civilization would resemble more a flask of gas containing seven billion particles, each of which was independently performing as a "Maxwell's daemon", deciding the fate of each of the other particles that approached it ... that way lies insanity.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 25th December 2018 at 09:08.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th December 2018), Jayke (25th December 2018), Spellbound (25th December 2018), Valerie Villars (27th December 2018)

25. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

I have a question for Paul or anyone else who might know the answer to this.

This may not really be finance-related, but David Rothschild is on Twitter still ranting and raving about Trump destroying the economy by criticizing the Federal Reserve, and he mentioned the market's betting odds that Trump won't survive his first term as president.

I've never gambled before, but that got me to thinking. There are a lot of very impassioned people who are probably pouring a lot of money into this. In fact, I found this page: https://www.bovada.lv/sports/politics

I know that federal restrictions on Internet gambling were recently relaxed so that this stuff is legal now, but like I said, I've never engaged in gambling and don't know anything about it. I don't think it's much of a gamble, though, that Trump will indeed finish out his first term, and even win a second. And if I risk, say, $200, they're telling me I could earn $300 in winnings. Do you know anything about this, Paul? Does that mean I would get my $200 back plus the $300 in winnings, totaling $500 returned to me?

The way I figure, this is basically like putting money in a back account for 2 years, with a 75% simple interest rate. If the Democrats get into the House in January and start making a big dramatic scene, maybe the payout could go up even more. Bovada seems to have a good reputation too, from online reviews I've read, though they apparently have some rather steep fees on returns, I think 6% in some cases.

26. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

The only time I placed a bet was in the run up to Trumps first presidential win.

There’s a couple things I did to maximise profits.

First, you’ll want to double check the small print. Most of the online gambling sites in the U.K. have small print saying ‘you have to have 4 wins accrued on your account before we’ll pay out’. If the small print is similar in the US, you can easily negate that by taking your 200 bucks and making 4 identical bets of 50, on the same site, instead of using the 200 bucks for a single bet.

You’ll get paid out for the odds you play at the time of playing. If the odds change at a later time, due to the volatility of politics, you’ll have to place more bets to take advantage of the better odds, but yes, you’ll get the £300 plus your original £200 back if the odds are 3/2 for instance, at least we do in the U.K.

Also, on the online gambling space, companies over here like to lure us in by offering free bets of up to £40, for the first £10 you use to sign up. If it’s the same in the US, you could make a killing with 200 bucks, even with odds at 3/2.

Find as many websites offering free bets when you sign up and you could turn your 200 into 800 straight away, and walk away with £2000 should trump win his second term.

That’s exactly what I did in Trumps first election anyway. Trumps win paid for a very good Christmas that year.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (28th December 2018)

28. Link to Post #97
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have a question for Paul or anyone else who might know the answer to this.
    I only wager with lovely young ladies who have taken an irrational delight in my presence, or with my son ... for those are the two situations in which I would happily lose the wager .

Since my son doesn't wager either, and it's been at least 30 years since any such ladies appeared in my life (roughly my son's age, not coincidentally), it's been a long time since I wagered at all.

I see others have already replied more usefully to you inquiry - good.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (28th December 2018), Valerie Villars (27th December 2018)

30. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

edit :
    , but David Rothschild is on Twitter still ranting and raving about Trump ...and he mentioned the market's betting odds that Trump won't survive his first term as president.
    http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...er-fraud-case/
    : Baron Rothschild indicted in France over fraud case
    French police have been ordered to track down one of Europe’s wealthiest aristocrats over a fraud involving hundreds of British pensioners
    By Rob Horgan 18 Jun, 2015

Note also, that there's probably an Automated collective Bureau organising the sending of tweets. pont-of-note :- the example of Pelosi's and { forget who ! } wth inedntian text's...

So, is Lord Lucan,sorry,I mean D.R. at liberty ? ? ?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (28th December 2018), ramus (28th December 2018)

32. Link to Post #99
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

@ Paul ...this is not meant to be hurtful but your track record on financial collapse is not good, I've said this before, a correction is not a collapse. It's 12-28-18 at 11:49 market is on it's third day of recovery. Yesterday the market swung 750 points before the close, to end up positive, of course the day before 1089 point rise. I my life time and our ages is not much different I've witnessed 6 corrections, 35 years ago I made one of my hobbies the stock market. All the fundamentals are intact, the corporate tax cut haven't fully kicked in, from what even the msm says we just had a record Christmas season. What we do have is a media and I include " Market Watch " as doomsayers. They want to discredit Trump and his achievements, even if it destroys everybodys wealth, how twisted are they? I know that they're people that say they are not in the stock market so let it crash. Almost everyone is in the market if they know it are not.

Pensions, 401k's any retirement account, the the one they over look the most is the Insurance companies, car, home, health care. Your premiums mainly go in the market .. if it goes down your premiums go up, it's not a one for one proposition but it's effected. We are all in the market one way or the other. I won't do a Ben Fulford here but I will say, the attacks on Trump won't stop, but even with the head winds the market will rise . Time will tell
    Last edited by ramus; 28th December 2018 at 17:25.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th December 2018)

34. Link to Post #100
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

One good question that I and many others have asked, is what has changed in the last 3 months .... a lot of uncertainty, Fed rate hike, which wasn't necessary, no inflation. Trade tariffs which a moratorium was called for to Feb was positive news but not broadcast...Christmas sales up, fuel cost down , msm's constant
    doomsday talk . "say it long enough they will believe it" This has all been orchestrated, they don't care who they hurt.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast