+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Covid19: the coming psycho-social transition

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Default Covid19: the coming psycho-social transition

Is COVID-19 a conspiracy? Was this virus intentionally created or released to have the negative effects it is having on world civilization? Did a group of people decide what restrictions on human movement and human freedom would be politically mandated? Did someone trained at the Tavistock Institute invent the term “social distancing” and come up for a plan to popularize the term? Was there a week by week, month by month study on how social isolation and self quarantine would impend on human society, on human consciousness, at different places around the world? Were there studies on the economic and political consequences? Did a small group of people attending the last Bilderberg meeting in Montreux, Switzerland convene in a secret conference room and after reviewing these studies, plan a release date of January 2020 in China? Or did this meeting take place in a Freemasons' Hall in London, at the Church of the Gesù in Rome, in an underground bunker at the Cheyenne Mountain complex in Colorado?

The simple fact is, I don’t know. And you probably don’t either, unless you were at one of the people at these meetings (if they indeed happened) or got to read the minutes, and if that’s the case, you know that this information is under even stricter quarantine than any deadly virus sample in any lab on this planet. Even if this virus has its origins in a government laboratory, it may have been released by one individual or a small group of anarchists or terrorists, not by an international globalist cabal. It may very well that that the Bilderberg insiders, the Anglo-Saxon mission people, et alia, are scratching there heads saying: “Oh, this throws a wrench in our plans.” Or perhaps, everything is right on schedule. We just don’t know.

But what we do know is that this virus, and the reaction to it, the restrictions that are being placed upon our lives, are going to have a long term effect on society and human behavior and human freedom. If we put on our futurist thinking caps, there are real questions that can be answered:
    • How will this affect our economy, as some businesses close, and others (e.g. Amazon is hiring a hundred thousand more for poverty level wages doing back breaking work) are skyrocketing? What happens when tenants can’t pay their rent, and landlords can’t pay their mortgages? (Let me guess Goldman Sachs isn’t going to have to hold off on foreclosing or suffer any losses.)

• How will human interactions change now that humanity sees itself as a chain of potential virus transmitters? Will physical gatherings such as classrooms meetings, church services, museum exhibitions, musical concerts, political rallies, public restaurants and bar, cease to exist? How will this change social dynamics and the human psyche?

• Will humans unify in their society as they sometimes do in times of crisis, or will not division form as those focuses on preventing the spread of diseases from human to human come into conflict with those concerned about the financial and psychic cost of doing so?

• Will the powers that be suddenly reveal a new technologic solution to make “everybody” on “both sides of the fence” happy - for instance, more public screenings of body temperature and mandatory health check stations, combined with tracking devices that keep a database of your movement history to show whoever you came in contact with so those people can be instantly located and warned?

What I am really interesting in hearing about is what trends do you see happening now and where is that taking us a civilization here on planet earth. How will the powers that be try and shape these trends to there advantage, and how can humanity turn this to their advantage?
    Last edited by Kryztian; 18th March 2020 at 19:33.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Delight (18th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), Franny (18th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (21st March 2020), Maybee (18th March 2020), Michi (18th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Philippe (19th March 2020), Phoenix (21st March 2020), RogeRio (18th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), Satori (18th March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (3rd April 2020), T Smith (25th March 2020), XelNaga (22nd May 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Re: Covid19: the coming psycho-social transition

I will say what I would like to see in my world.

1. I will see us not taken hostage by the fear of ill health which MUST be repaired by a complex technocratic medical system.
    1a. I will see us being unafraid of death so we cannot be taken hostage by that concern.
    1b. People will understand now that the poisoning of the environment must stop.
    1c. People will learn about the immune system and how to create health from the inside out.
    2. I will see Tulsi Gabbard elected President of the USA in November 2020
    3. I will see a back lash in May where millions of us storm Washington demanding the return to a Constitutional based government.
    4. I will see sudden insight on everyone's part that we really cannot support the faux system of stocks as the value of our economy.
    5. I will see the realization that the wars we have been waging must end.
    6. I will see No matter where the threat of a virus originated, we MUST end research on biological warfare.
    7. I will see Millions of people wake up and refuse to go along with totalitarian use of the crisis.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Blacklight43 (20th March 2020), DaveToo (18th March 2020), David Trd1 (22nd March 2020), happyuk (20th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Kryztian (18th March 2020), meeradas (21st March 2020), Mike Gorman (20th March 2020), NewParadigmGuy (21st March 2020), onevoice (19th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Phoenix (21st March 2020), RogeRio (18th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), T Smith (25th March 2020), XelNaga (22nd May 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

One trend that we are seeing that is highly revealing: alcohol sales are skyrocking.

Quote Coronavirus-hit NYC sees online alcohol sales thrive
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...oronavirus-nyc
    As big businesses around the country shut their doors because of the coronavirus pandemic, a smaller group of stores is booming in New York City. Many of them sell booze online.

Online alcohol brand Drizly’s said it had its best day ever in terms of sales was Sunday. The sales beat orders for New Year’s Eve and Halloween, “which are usually our most popular days,” a representative for the company told the New York Post. At Minibar Delivery, on the other hand, sales were up 80 percent week-over-week compared to the previous Thursday.

“As people start to social distance,” Minibar Delivery co-founder and CEO, Lindsey Andrews, told the Post, “they are stocking up on all things including alcohol.”
    Not just online retailers, but liquor stores are doing well too, some reporting a 150% increase in sales. The main stream media is reporting that since restaurants and bar are either forcibly closed, or just have fewer patrons, that people are replacing their public consumption of alcohol with private consumption. I don’t think that tells the real story and something far more sinister is happening.

People drink alcohol for various reasons and the reasons they drink in public are often different from those that explain why they drink in private. Public/social drinkers drink because they are celebrating, socializing, enjoying good food that pairs well with alcoholic beverages, etc. For many of them, they do not drink when they are home. This might be because they don’t enjoy drinking alone, or because they know that a distinction between public and private drinking is what keeps them from descending into alcoholism.

Social interaction is also what keeps some former alcoholics from drinking. Most churches are now closed and since these are the most common venues for AA meetings, assumably, these meetings have ceased too. And reformed alcoholics also rely on not just nightly meetings but other social interactions they have all day long to keep themselves sane and sober.

And many people are driven to drink because of their home life. Many can cope with the pressures of their marriage, relationship or with parenting only because they get to leave home for five days of the week for most of the daylight hours. Now, if their home life is unpleasant, it is a 24 hour 7 day per week prison.

In our attempts to prevent a COVID-19 health epidemic, we are fueling the epidemic of addiction.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Delight (18th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), happyuk (20th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (21st March 2020), Mari (18th March 2020), onevoice (19th March 2020), OurFreeSociety (5th April 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Unicorn (19th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

One thing we really HAVE to do and I asked it elsewhere... Can we all become comfortable with the possible extreme death idea? It will determine how assertive we can be in challenging the staus quo. I am OK. This issue means a choice because.....

Quote Will The Costs Of A Great Depression Outweigh The Risks Of Coronavirus?
    Federal and state governments are making a massive gamble about a little-understood new virus. They are betting our future on the most extreme worst-case scenario without considering the costs.

Federal and state governments are making a massive gamble about a little-understood new virus. They may not only be betting our entire economy, but our nation’s future. Thus it’s imperative that they not make foolish choices.

We shouldn’t allow policy under a Republican president to be driven by a Democrat like Steve Mnuchin, whose overwhelming priority is reassuring Wall Street above all else. Voters don’t vote for Donald Trump to get Obama-Bush bailouts of Wall Street and welfare expansions.

The current gamble seems to be to shut down the nation indefinitely to suppress a virus that is especially deadly to some demographics and experts agree cannot be contained, only slowed. The New York Times claims the basis of many U.S. officials’ decisions so far is a report from Imperial College London, and other models that spit out similar results. It says to contain the virus it will be necessary to quarantine Americans for two- to three-month stretches repeatedly over the next 18 months.

The alternative, says the report, is 4 million Americans dead, half who would otherwise have lived but instead die for lack of medical capacity such as ventilators. If we merely quarantine sick people and those at risk, a “mitigation” strategy, it projects the U.S. death toll at about 2 million, again half from lack of ventilators, not depth of disease (continued)

This is why state governors are shutting down restaurants, schools, entertainment venues, government offices, parks, historical sites, churches, and travel. Most Americans and businesses likely can sustain a suspension of their lives for two weeks, the usual annual vacation time.

But start extending these bans to one and two months, and then to four and six months, and people are going to revolt as they sit chained to their houses, watching their jobs, businesses, and retirement accounts disappear, replaced with funny money taken from yet-unborn generations and no end in sight. Numerous people are already skeptical and fed up with the lockdowns, and we’re not a week in.
    Computer Estimates Can’t Weigh All of the Real Risks

Plus, these are just estimates, not a crystal ball. We can’t know the future, and different countries have already shown highly different disease spreads based on different population characteristics, health care capacity, and government response.

Just one competing projection, from the Hoover Institution, suggests “the total number of cases world-wide will peak out at well under 1 million, with the total number of deaths at under 50,000″ (emphasis added). This is near the annual death rate due to flu in the United States alone. We don’t know if that estimate is accurate either, but that’s the point.

Here’s another hysteria skeptic with impeccable medical and statistical knowledge, John P.A. Ioannidis, a professor of medicine, epidemiology, and statistics at Stanford University and co-director of Stanford’s Meta-Research Innovation Center.

If we assume that case fatality rate among individuals infected by SARS-CoV-2 is 0.3% in the general population — a mid-range guess from my Diamond Princess analysis — and that 1% of the U.S. population gets infected (about 3.3 million people), this would translate to about 10,000 deaths. This sounds like a huge number, but it is buried within the noise of the estimate of deaths from ‘influenza-like illness.’ If we had not known about a new virus out there, and had not checked individuals with PCR tests, the number of total deaths due to ‘influenza-like illness’ would not seem unusual this year. At most, we might have casually noted that flu this season seems to be a bit worse than average. The media coverage would have been less than for an NBA game between the two most indifferent teams.
    Some worry that the 68 deaths from Covid-19 in the U.S. as of March 16 will increase exponentially to 680, 6,800, 68,000, 680,000 … along with similar catastrophic patterns around the globe. Is that a realistic scenario, or bad science fiction?

We’re acting as if coronavirus is for sure going to amount to the worst-case scenario without knowing that is true. If we all do shelter in place for the next year and a half while politicians pass the equivalent of the Obama-Bush stimulus that suffocated the economy 12 years ago, the “experts” will insist the nation’s long-term ability to provide for itself was required to save millions of lives. There will be no way to prove them wrong, even if they are.

It seems a fool’s errand to pre-emptively and indefinitely risk everyone’s livelihoods without hard information about what is happening and a risk assessment that includes the serious dangers of killing the U.S. economy, not what computers project will happen with lots of missing, unreliable, and rapidly changing information.
    Some Things We Do Know Indicate Cautious Optimism

The current numbers we have not only show that different countries are managing the disease better and worse, but that not one of the countries further along in the spread of the virus is anywhere close yet to indicating these apocalyptic numbers for the United States, at least in the next two to three months.

Here is a chart my husband made using WHO, CDC, and other public data about deaths per day of outbreak. It shows the U.S. death rate due to Wuhan flu is much lower at the same stage of the outbreak than most of the other high-spread countries.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (21st March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), RogeRio (18th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), Satori (18th March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,206 times in 437 posts

Something untold must be going on behind this covid19 crisis. I expressed that in my recent post.

I am not claiming that the virus isn't lethal or problematic but if one compares this with deaths of other diseases, (or the fact that there are far more children dying per day than people die from the corona virus) it is nevertheless odd, why this so much propagandized.

I am personally aren't so much concerned about catching the virus, mostly because I take sound pre-cautions which are extensively described in relevant threads. (And thank you so much for the valuable data, like colloidal silver, oregano oil and many more.)

I am more worried of the consequences of governmental policies and restrictions for "the good of mankind".
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), DaveToo (18th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Delight (18th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (21st March 2020), Kryztian (18th March 2020), Mari (18th March 2020), onevoice (19th March 2020), OurFreeSociety (5th April 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), Satori (18th March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

I welcome your perspective on this, Bill. What are your thoughts at this point?

(mods, this post could/should be deleted. It only made sense right after Bill started the topic but had not yet added his thoughts (sort of a pregnant pause), and my post followed his. There were then posts merged in and Bill's opening post (that I was responding to) was deleted. So, this post is moot now.)
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 20th March 2020 at 18:16.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), boja (19th March 2020), Chester (19th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Frank V (19th March 2020), Phoenix (21st March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 times in 168 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    We're wary about starting too many new coronavirus threads — because then folks may get confused about where best to post new items, and some of that is understandably happening already. As some will have noticed, we're already merged some new threads like that with the 'main' thread.

But clearly when considering this enormous issue, we also need to start thinking ahead, as well as retrospectively; hence this new thread. (The suggestion was made in this post by new member helium, who we're delighted to have joined us and is quite a talented polymath.)

I'm pretty burnt out today, but this thread is going to be a go to place for me to post tomorrow. Thanks so much, Bill. The perfect topic title was right under my nose!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Chester (19th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (19th March 2020), Elpis (19th March 2020), Frank V (19th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

The darkest times bring out the best and worst in humanity.

With all of the bleak news regarding this damned catastrophe, and the media focusing on hoarders, testing shortages, and triages, here's an example of people doing it right:

https://apnews.com/bda9c1ed0f8e10742ad2feabb2d52aa2

Maintaining positivity is critical, in my opinion.

Maybe this warrants its own thread, since it's off-topic, but I figured I'd share. We may come out stronger and more unified from this, as we all are forced to reassess what we value, how we treat one another, and how fragile the peace we all take for granted is. It will also allow us to come face-to-face with the systemic abuse we have been putting up with for far too long, from corporations and governments alike.
    Last edited by Tam; 19th March 2020 at 03:24. Reason: formatting

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (19th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), Elpis (19th March 2020), Frank V (19th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), jaybee (26th March 2020), NewParadigmGuy (22nd March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

WE'RE ALL GONNA-- oh, wait, hang on. Thanks Bill for this new thread, and might I just say that the name of this thread would be a great name for a rock band (h/t Dave Barry).

Levity is important in these times, I think. I was going to start a new thread looking at the reactions to the COVID-19 virus and what are the implications for UFO disclosure (spoiler alert: it's tricky), but this thread will probably work better.

No time to write much more unfortunately, so I will just leave with this quote from Schopenhauer which I think is very appropriate to the current situation - together, of course, with the unattributed quote "denial ain't just a river in Egypt":

“All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident.”

In relation to the virus itself, we are between stages 2 and 3. However, in relation to the consequential changes, we are at stage 1, although behind the scenes many plans for total surveillance and a cashless society are being accelerated on the basis that frightened people will accept anything when the alternative is "WE'RE ALL GONNA--"

That's fairly clear even now, and that is the great danger that we have to be aware of and fight against.

Anyone has thoughts on other factors at work, hopefully positive ones, please add. I know this is a time of evolving human consciousness on Earth, and that's why I agreed to come here again this time ("WHY? WHY? OH MY GOD W--"), but it would be nice to get some more clarity on this kinda right about now...

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (19th March 2020), Franny (19th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), jaybee (19th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Transition - The Rosicrucians use the word as a synonym for death.

So the death of the old order and the birth of a new order?

Building something new on the ashes of the old?

Continuing the cycle of light and darkness?

Or does one side step the cycles?

Edit:

Hmmm, not much meat in my post above.

We're all watching the chaos all around us. Like a storm, all we can do is shelter until it blows over,then we can continue on.

Just personal philosophy here.

It is said we live in a three dimensional world. I disagree.

Look at the cube, length X width X height - 3D.

Look again, there are two more dimensions we missed. Inside and outside. Add time/motion to give six dimensions in all - a 6D world.

Our home has inside and outside. Our world, and the world outside.

The self has six dimensions, me and everyone else - inside and outside.

If our town is locked down, we can weed the garden, teach the children to boil an egg, mend their clothes, we can clean the inside of our home.

The lock down is an opportunity to set our home on order.

But what of the world we live in? The outside?

The conflict outside will rage until the forces are spent. When bullets fly one keeps one's head down. Of course we can join the violence if we choose.

Whatever comes, we will have to live within that society.

If a paradigm shift we can join in the new, or not.

Or we can help rebuild the bits we like, ignore the bits we don't.

Perhaps there is an opportunity here to think for ourselves. To think new things.

In farming and Nature, monoculture sickens and dies.

In farming and Nature diversity builds health and life.

What I am saying is to think for ourselves in this time of rebirth. Diversity and new opportunity will then arise.
    Last edited by wttah; 19th March 2020 at 08:12. Reason: Argh! Typos! and added some meat to the stew.
    If the Ancients discovered the secrets of life and created living organic machines; where do the machines go when they die?

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Franny (19th March 2020), happyuk (19th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (20th March 2020), TomKat (20th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), TomKat (20th March 2020), Unicorn (19th March 2020), Yoda (19th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Michi (here)
    Something untold must be going on behind this covid19 crisis. I expressed that in my recent post.

I am not claiming that the virus isn't lethal or problematic but if one compares this with deaths of other diseases, (or the fact that there are far more children dying per day than people die from the corona virus) it is nevertheless odd, why this so much propagandized.

I am personally aren't so much concerned about catching the virus, mostly because I take sound pre-cautions which are extensively described in relevant threads. (And thank you so much for the valuable data, like colloidal silver, oregano oil and many more.)

I am more worried of the consequences of governmental policies and restrictions for "the good of mankind".
    Some of the things that go on today have me baffled also. I wonder if there is another timeline with an ACTUAL deadly pandemic, and we are only getting a mild reflection of that pandemic in our timeline? I started wondering this after Trump became president and Hillary's plan for war with Russia was killed. So in lieu of a war with Russia, we had Russiagate, which made no sense, but it was perhaps a milder version of the other timeline.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (20th March 2020), Sunny (30th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

so much **** going on now...Russian use facial recognition, Force Vaccine in Denmark and UK among other country talked about obtaining location data...really ****ed up and expected this **** to came out.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

I'm thinking the possibility of the wordwide maneuvers to close borders and social isolation because of coronavirus aim to isolate China to drastically reduce the trade of chinese cheap products everywhere.

it's just a silly hunch here with myself, without relevance now.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 20th March 2020 at 16:53.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Alecs (22nd May 2020), aoibhghaire (20th March 2020), Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), EFO (21st March 2020), Frank V (20th March 2020), helium (20th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, I spent the day writing and for the first time in months didn't look at any webpages for updates. Then this evening took a look at the regular honeybadger thread and whoa!! Fear porn galore. Looks like there's some truth to the troop deployment in US. But I can't get behind Mike Adams' stuff these past couple of days. Seems he's gone way over the top. Maybe the psycho-social aspects of this will get even more interesting. Sheesh. Take your eye off the ball for one second and it's a whole new ballgame? Chris Martenson reported huge numbers of new unemployment claims. Very sobering. California governor is freaking out. Seems like some cat got out of the bag overnight. Just when I thought I could relax. It's been a wild ride since early January rumors got me started.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

AutumnW (24th May 2020), Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), ClearWater (20th March 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), RogeRio (20th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (20th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,536 times in 2,553 posts

This blog post by Miles Mathis surely fits here in this thread, with his take on the Psycho-Social transition.

Quote I keep going back to Neil Degrasse Tyson admitting to Steven Colbert this corona fake is a test on the Late Show. “A test to see if we will believe scientists.” Sorry, Neil, I fail that one with a score of zero. I don't trust you or Steven at all. In fact, I don't even believe you are a real scientist. I think you are just an actor reading from Teleprompters. But there is one thing I know for sure: no one pushing this coronahoax deserves the name of scientist, no matter what degrees he may have or what chair he may inhabit.

But that is not why I am here today. I am here because watching that clip made me realize how utterly lost these people like Tyson, Colbert, and those feeding them scripts really are. To see them smiling broadly and saying this stuff to canned applause was like watching damned spirits running gleefully through the gates of Hell. Because, yes, Neil, this is a test, but it isn't a test by you and your cabal on us unwashed masses, to see what level of your lies we will buy this month. It is a test UPON YOU, one that you aren't even aware you are taking.

All of life is a test, for everyone alive. We are all writing our own stories day by day, and the form those stories take determine the advancement of our spirits. So as the governors write these grand fictions, they aren't only trying to determine your response, for their greater profit and control, they are unwittingly writing their own life stories, where they have accepted the role of bad guy. They appear to think it all doesn't matter, since life is a stage anyway, where the bad guy is the best role—besides being the most profitable one. But in thinking this way they have trapped themselves in this lowest level of thought and existence, ignoring the level above that. This is a grave error, because the level above determines the value of everything at their level. Being trapped in this lowest level, they think value is determined by bank accounts or mundane authority, but it isn't. Value is determined by spiritual enrichment: has the story you have written about yourself made you a bigger, better person, or has it made you a smaller, nastier person?
    Much more continued at the link: Yes, this is a Test
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), ClearWater (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Elpis (20th March 2020), helium (21st March 2020), RogeRio (20th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm thinking that the psycho-social transition has turned into a psychotic social transition. Maybe there's no going back, and there will be no 'transition' into anything resembling order (let alone a higher order) until those asteroids wipe out the dinosaur dictators and the Pacific heals itself through time or maybe alien intervention. A couple of days ago it seemed like there would be a nice vacation followed by some real austerity that would do everyone good in the long run. I was wondering how far into that forced vacation we would get until efforts were made to halt the positive aspects of it with some sort of new fear-porn garbage event. Well, it took one day and here we are, well into psychosis. Militaries mobilized, china demonized, euro countries blaming everyone but themselves for their mistakes (which likely were not mistakes but premeditation instead). And increased talk here of the Anlgo-Saxon Mission instead of moving away from it to more productive subjects. Not that Mission-speak is not productive when it's put into context. But it does seem that when fear goes up, Mission-theory gains a few more followers.

I'd like to see more practical plans being made. But to me, right now, practical would involve everyone on the planet who could pass the Avalon test simply abandoning this reality until it's time to return and sweep up the carcasses of those who failed. Then we could talk of something positive in terms of a transition. At this point any dialogue re: the coming psycho-social transition will be focused on fear. The only way I can speak positively at this time is to speak about what I began writing about a few days ago, and that is trauma counseling. I didn't think anyone would want to read that stuff so I didn't post it.

Maybe volatility is the name of the game, at least for the short term. Maybe volatility is all there is remaining.

Oooh. I'm ranting this morning . . .

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), ClearWater (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), RogeRio (20th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st March 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by helium (here)
    Maybe volatility is the name of the game, at least for the short term. Maybe volatility is all there is remaining.
    A Tale of Two (and more) "Realities"

I went out and bought garden supplies today. The spa I work in is finally going to close Monday through Friday but is going off of clients numbers for the weekend. I won't be working because I don't like the idea of massage if there is the need for social distancing.

trump is already back pedaling his promises about short term money for individuals (as per his news conference I heard last pm). helium said that there is doubt in his mind that they even WANT a containment, mitigation and resumption of life as we know it. I agree. I am especially pessimistic about the Chinese connection to ALL of this and presume that we are being readied for war that is not intended to be won but to bring the take over of China to pass. I also am beginning to hate Trump.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2020), Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), helium (21st March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 times in 354 posts

Looking beyond the unfolding disaster for a defence against the freedom threatening outcomes that are looming, I bring a proposal of French doctor Pierre-Jacques Raybaud to your attention.

Quote.
    Despite official declarations, it is necessary to the contrary, to make the wearing of a face-mask mandatory for everybody in all busy and confined public places (subway, train, taxi, car, auto bus, airport, train-station, large gatherings of people). It would allow to refrain the spreading of the virus and limit the very worrying slowdown of the economy.
    Unquote

( The French text : En dépit des déclarations officielles, il faudrait, au contraire rendre obligatoire le port systématique du masque pour tout le monde, en zone très fréquentée et confinée (métro, train, taxi, voiture, bus, aéroport, gare, grand rassemblement). Il permettra de freiner la diffusion du virus et de limiter le ralentissement très inquiétant de l’économie.)

This measure in case of an epidemic outbreak and if voluntarily adopted by all individuals in towns, villages or regions may become a legal movement and resistance to escape the immense threat of mandatory vaccinations. I must not repeat here what are the dangers of mandatory vaccinations that may contain unknown nano bots and substances that resemble a Wuhan animal food market. This idea may seem illusory knowing that the masses are undisciplined and unaware of what is at stake. But like in all movements there can be a beginning in small communities that claim their right for collective auto immunization. The economic disaster of putting a surrealistic halt to nearly all economic life could be avoided. Confinement should instead be on one's face covering mouth and nose!
    EDIT: I went food shopping and realized how all new products in the shelves were touched by possible contaminated personnel or fruits were picked up by shoppers for inspection. Eccentric billionaire Howard Hughes must have realized all that before withdrawing in total confinement.

As a reference hereby the full article that was published in French magazine Mediapart.
    https://blogs.mediapart.fr/pierre-ja...-et-inhalation
    (The article gives several more advises for good hygienic measures. But note that this doctor is also advocating vaccination against the flu what should not be supported because there is no more guarantee for what such vaccination may contain or not)

Another solution for resisting mandatory vaccinations is the success story of a small Italian village where all inhabitants were tested for the corona-virus and the positive cases were immediately quarantined. They succeeded apparently to entirely stop the epidemic.
    From The Guardian: Scientists say mass tests in Italian town have halted Covid-19

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp

Both voluntary measures would be a minimal cost providing each individual with some state-of-the-art face masks and a test kit.

Do not shoot at me for being naive. I am thinking out-of-the-box to resist the mandatory vaccinations that seem inevitable.
    Last edited by Philippe; 21st March 2020 at 04:32.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th March 2020), Elainie (22nd March 2020), helium (21st March 2020), Pam (21st March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

One positive psycho-social outcome that I see is having people "enlightened" to the fact that we are all connected. Not quite "oneness" but broken from the illusion of separateness.

And maybe, just maybe, not just fear for one's own health, but a larger understanding that we all have a responsibility to guard other people's health too.

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AutumnW (21st March 2020), Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), boja (21st March 2020), ClearWater (21st March 2020), Dorjezigzag (21st March 2020), helium (21st March 2020), onevoice (21st March 2020), Pam (22nd March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd March 2020), shaberon (21st March 2020), sllim11 (22nd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st March 2020), Wind (20th March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast