United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: What's wrong with ATS?

Quote Posted by aroundthetable (here)
    Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    that is March 6 2011...

nothing to be sorry about...

many of our members are there, of course they have reading that is worthwhile...
    While i'm at it check this out, called star wars it has begun

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread663600/pg1

Ps...i'm not posting anymore ATS links here, these are just to give examples of possible good research.
    while I had control of the Artifacts and was in contact with other worlds, I authorized intervention...

the operators didn't mind when I stepped in, they've wanted to help us for ages, but had their hands tied...

much of what is on that link is true, but remember Russia didn't know what they were looking at was created in Hollywood and wasn't a working system.

the heavy payload is a earth weather monitoring system to give them the eye to watch what is going on, but also had the ability to detect Anti mater burst that were being produced because of the Thorium being sprayed as chemtrails...

there are always spins in ATS, but keep your truth sensors on for what is real...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 16th March 2011 at 21:24.

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Heise's Avatar
    Thanks

The Wayne Jaeshcke ATS incident had to do with Serpo and he supposedly was trying to discredit the story by impersonating Sylvester Mcoglin, an insider.

It was actually ATS members who told Bill Ryan of his agenda after hey noticed Wayne became more against the story by scamming Victor Martinez over emails... as they were initially looking to uncover the story as well. Two of those ATS members started the site "Reality Uncovered". If VM really was in the loop he would not have fallen for Waynes scam in the first place.

The legend of Serpo will be that it was a fabrication of Collins and Rick, as part of a viral marketing plan to generate buzz and interest for a book. It is this writer's conclusion that the only ones "behind" Rick Doty, in the creation of this hoaxed information, were Bob Collins and Douglas and Marilyn Ruben.
    Last edited by Heise; 16th March 2011 at 21:27.

3. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member Little Ishta's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 times in 227 posts

ATS use to be an interesting place to go to. Now there seems to be a lot of rubbish on there. But there are still a few good posts every now and then. I used to frequent the place a lot. Until idiots started posting rubbish. And the debunkers.... lol they would still debunk the truth when it hits them in their face.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ishta For This Post:

bluestflame (21st March 2011)

5. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Illuminaughty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Little Ishta (here)
    ATS use to be an interesting place to go to. Now there seems to be a lot of rubbish on there. But there are still a few good posts every now and then. I used to frequent the place a lot. Until idiots started posting rubbish. And the debunkers.... lol they would still debunk the truth when it hits them in their face.
    I remember several posters who were well known debunkers on that site. Then they actually had experiences themselves. What's funny is that when they posted their experience, nobody believed them! They were "debunked" and tossed to the wayside.

6. Link to Post #45
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

It's quite simple to me. I want to know who is disseminating the information I am reading. I moderated a women's forum and no one was allowed multiple accounts. It causes distrust, and there are no reasons to have multiple accounts except to be able to say one thing on one account and appear completely different on another account, thus chicanery. A moderator can have their opinion, show themselves as a courteous poster, and help improve the tempo and mood of a thread. For ATS to have this extra accounts / fake posters smacks of propaganda, and while you may get truth there (I read over there every few days and occasionally post) you also might be getting spin, lies, an agenda to tip toe through.

7. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Every time I go to ATS my PC gets sick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Gardener (17th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Member watchZEITGEISTnow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 390 posts

ATS = CIA

GLP = NSA

...so I believe anyways

However be careful not to throw out the baby with the bath water!

This forum is ...nice ....but IMO 'infiltrated' as well... no names

Also David Icke has an excellent forum!

as does Veritas - a couple of the usual suspects on there too unfortunately...

This site http://magic-ufo.forum-phpbb.in/ is the real deal - and only the big guns post! - this forum is the best at this point in time to me anyway!

I have noticed a slight drop in the disinfo-agents - perhaps a sign their bosses are running out of time - or just on the run...

Well that's the weekend wrap up wZn style ....stay tuned for the next important episode where we discuss eggs and 1001 methods for throwing at GE executives...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

Gardener (17th March 2011), Icecold (17th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,214 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by Heise (here)
    The Wayne Jaeshcke ATS incident had to do with Serpo and he supposedly was trying to discredit the story by impersonating Sylvester Mcoglin, an insider.

It was actually ATS members who told Bill Ryan of his agenda after they noticed Wayne became more against the story by scamming Victor Martinez over emails... as they were initially looking to uncover the story as well. Two of those ATS members started the site "Reality Uncovered". If VM really was in the loop he would not have fallen for Waynes scam in the first place.

The legend of Serpo will be that it was a fabrication of Collins and Rick, as part of a viral marketing plan to generate buzz and interest for a book. It is this writer's conclusion that the only ones "behind" Rick Doty, in the creation of this hoaxed information, were Bob Collins and Douglas and Marilyn Ruben.
    Well, this really needs a new thread in itself. I can understand anyone having those views, which have become a sort of accepted belief system in the UFO media, but that's absolutely not how it was.

Rick Doty's role was complex (and I met with him twice during that period personally, at length - he came to meet Kerry and myself at her house and we spoke off record for two and a half hours) - and Bob Collins and Mariiyn Ruben were categorically not involved in the story at all (Bob Collins was actually very critical of it).

Re Wayne Jaeschke, that's correct - Steve Broadbent and Ryan Dube (then ATS members, as was I) outed him to me: they had initially been part of the scam with Shawnna Connelly, and then I brought it to Victor Martinez's attention and to that of many others. He later lost his job not only with ATS, but with the East Coast law firm he was working for, Morrison & Foerster.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aroundthetable (20th March 2011), buckminster fuller (17th March 2011), Gardener (17th March 2011), Professor (18th March 2011), Tao O (17th March 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (17th March 2011), winnasboy (17th March 2011), Yoda (17th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #49
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

More of my views on ATS...

ATS has been around for a lot longer than Avalon, therefore Bill has had the opportunity to learn from ATS's errors when building Avalon and IMO has done a good job. Our posts are much more compactly arranged, a light gray background is easier on the eyes than either white (GLP) or black (ATS), and there are nice refinements such as subsections for Ground Crew, etc.

Nevertheless, when I am looking for all the information I can find regarding a particular topic that has not yet been picked up by Avalon members, ATS is one of the places I visit, as there is a good chance of finding an exhaustive thread on it that already weighs the pros and cons. I ignore the advertising between the posts, which creates long, long threads. Recognize that many (such as Doug Fisher of the Antarctica Maps post mentioned in this thread by aroundthetable, post #29, thanks) choose to post there, either because ATS still has a great deal of status or it may be the first of its type that novices discover.

ANY forum that exists for long enough is prone to forum bloat; unfortunately this can happen here. It lengthens search time. The longer it is left and the larger the mass of posts becomes, the more difficult (actually, impossible) it is to effect changes. I don't know what the answer to this is, but periodically archiving old threads and deleting irrelevant posts may be one. This requires many dedicated hands. I don't know whether ATS performs this.

It seems to me that ATS has tightened up on its posting rules, a credit to them; maybe the only thing "wrong" with ATS is - old age!

---------------------

By the way, I cynically believe Doug Fisher's first and rather overblown Antarctica maps thread is really a disguised ad for his website Atlantismaps.com (every image in his posts has this watermark) and forthcoming book, now in preparation. Moreover, he even has his own forum, so it may even be argued that the impressive ATS thread is not entirely his own scholarship, though he has certainly put a lot of work into it. His website has been running since 2008, yet this 2011 thread is his first post on ATS.

If you go to his Contacts page he has an email link to attract publishing media to his website:

Quote Agents, publishers and the media: If you are an agent, publisher or member of the media interested in learning more about this project, please email your inquiries here.
    Last edited by str8thinker; 17th March 2011 at 02:23.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

winnasboy (17th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

I don't have an account at ATS, but I do go to the new topics page at least once a day to see what is happening in the world. It's a good resource for breaking news, but I almost never read through an entire thread there, as it is too tedious.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

16. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member Heise's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

It was actually ATS members who told Bill Ryan of his agenda after they noticed Wayne became more against the story by scamming Victor Martinez over emails... as they were initially looking to uncover the story as well. Two of those ATS members started the site "Reality Uncovered". If VM really was in the loop he would not have fallen for Waynes scam in the first place.

Well, this really needs a new thread in itself. I can understand anyone having those views, which have become a sort of accepted belief system in the UFO media, but that's absolutely not how it was.

Rick Doty's role was complex (and I met with him twice during that period personally, at length - he came to meet Kerry and myself at her house and we spoke off record for two and a half hours) - and Bob Collins and Mariiyn Ruben were categorically not involved in the story at all (Bob Collins was actually very critical of it).

Re Wayne Jaeschke, that's correct - Steve Broadbent and Ryan Dube (then ATS members, as was I) outed him to me: they had initially been part of the scam with Shawnna Connelly, and then I brought it to Victor Martinez's attention and to that of many others. He later lost his job not only with ATS, but with the East Coast law firm he was working for, Morrison & Foerster.
    Yes, this topic alone should be a new thread. If other people are in the know, I cant be certain as I'm speaking about facts that have been presented to me to the best of my knowledge and research.

-HS.

17. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,214 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Yes, this topic alone should be a new thread. If other people are in the know, I cant be certain as I'm speaking about facts that have been presented to me to the best of my knowledge and research.

-HS.
    Yes, fully understood. It was a highly complex story (even more complex than the 'Charles material' ) and Victor Martinez, Kerry and I are probably the only people who understood the bulk of what happened. (Victor knows more than anyone, and he is sworn to secrecy about quite a lot of stuff.)

As an unpublished snippet of indirect evidence, in October 2010 I was contacted by someone who worked for NORAD in the 1970s, calling himself Jay. He gave his full name and contact details, and wrote (very slightly edited):

I worked as an electrical engineer at NORAD in 1976-1978. I was just a young airman. But I did have the appropriate security clearances and the specific job classification necessary to have daily access to all areas of the Cheyenne Mountain complex for the three years I worked there.

I recall hearing primarily from the guys in the command center, in my opinion, what you'd call "scuttlebutt". Common "around the coffee pot" type conversations. There was, however, some excitement in the command center during a time period in July of 1978 from the guys working in the command center.

As you may or may not know, the general "Top Secret" environment of the military is on a very "need to know" basis. The constant threat of "long prison sentences in Ft Leavenworth", or just mysteriously "disappearing from existence" were the most common punishment for speaking of classified information outside the community of "those who needed to know."

I recall hearing the words "Crystal Palace" and "Crystal Knight" from several different individuals on several occasions during the July 1978 time frame. I really did not give it any serious thought until just a few months ago, when I heard the phrase "Crystal Knight" once again. I heard from a friend that some of the project managers from the 1960's provided "deathbed" confessions of things they felt the citizens of the world should really be aware of.

I "Googled" Project Crystal Knight, and spent many hours researching the various tidbits of information. I explored all the possible "Internet links" regarding the planet Serpo (the "final destination" of this exchange program), the dates and locations in the USA where the exchanges had been made, and the general circumstances that led to the creation and negotiations of this ET exchange program. The scattered pieces of this puzzle started to make some sense now.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bluestflame (21st March 2011), cowens66 (17th March 2011), Erin (17th March 2011), Huma (17th March 2011), Icecold (17th March 2011), jjl (20th March 2011), jorr lundstrom (17th March 2011), magicmanx (17th March 2011), Magnus (17th March 2011), math330 (20th March 2011), Nortreb (17th March 2011), Tao O (17th March 2011), winnasboy (17th March 2011), Yoda (17th March 2011)

19. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

More! More!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jjl For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (17th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    Bill:

Quote As they become more negative over a topic, they begin to drive the threads using sockpuppets, fake member names, as they don’t want to be seen to be guiding directions in the threads as mods and admin. This is the STYLE of mods and admin in the future - using fake accounts to allow them to freely post their ideas.”
    I've noticed that. They use the 'anonymous coward' nicks as socks. lol. Not a good look for a site that purports to 'tell it like it is'.
    Also the Halliburton link absolutely stinks. One of the leading MIC corporations. Public enemy number one IMO.
    Hi Icecold,

You are telling us that ATS is to conspiracy forums what Fox News is to television channels. Thanks for the information. To me that is what attracted me to Avalon. BS was detected and intelligently discussed and dealt with. Debunking was quite efficient as well. Humour was great.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

jjl (17th March 2011)

23. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

Quote Posted by aroundthetable (here)
    Bill doesn't seem to rate ATS very highly and i am wondering why and if this view is shared by Avalon members. Personally i find it at least as good a source of news as Avalon is, and quite frankly i find it to be more incisive in many areas, including some very good research. I also find the facts to drama ratio considerably higher than here. Perhaps that is because ATS has a clear intention i.e. news, whereas Avalon often flounders when it comes to a clear purpose. That is not necessarily a bad thing, maybe Avalon focuses more on general discussion and therefore it is a different kind of fish. But the point remains...what is the problem with ATS?
    As a member there (The Sword), it's just too negative of a place. Like Avalon,there's an influx of new members,many who flaunt the rules and just seem to be incredibly ignorant. They may claim to be "awakened" but they are not showing it.

I have tried to only lurk but the site is a magnet for negative influences.

On a good day, I can usually have a good conversation with some of the more intelligent members (they do exist, albeit in smaller numbers).

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humble Janitor For This Post:

aroundthetable (20th March 2011), jjl (20th March 2011)

25. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    Bill:

Quote As they become more negative over a topic, they begin to drive the threads using sockpuppets, fake member names, as they don’t want to be seen to be guiding directions in the threads as mods and admin. This is the STYLE of mods and admin in the future - using fake accounts to allow them to freely post their ideas.”
    I've noticed that. They use the 'anonymous coward' nicks as socks. lol. Not a good look for a site that purports to 'tell it like it is'.

Also the Halliburton link absolutely stinks. One of the leading MIC corporations. Public enemy number one IMO.
    You're thinking of GLP. They use those nicks.

Interesting information though. I do think the site can be full of crap but there are good people. You just have to look harder to find them.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humble Janitor For This Post:

aroundthetable (20th March 2011), Gaia (20th March 2011)

27. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

It was actually ATS members who told Bill Ryan of his agenda after hey noticed Wayne became more against the story by scamming Victor Martinez over emails... as they were initially looking to uncover the story as well. Two of those ATS members started the site "Reality Uncovered". If VM really was in the loop he would not have fallen for Waynes scam in the first place.

I remember being captivated by Serpo and the disappointment that came when it turned out to be a hoax.

Never again. That's probably why I'm so leery of the Charles Material?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humble Janitor For This Post:

aroundthetable (20th March 2011), Dragonfly (20th March 2011)

29. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Recall that some times the idea behind material that becomes 'invalid' is to make sure you are not paying attention ....next time.

Like parachuting, the 'risk' is the same each time. It is only the given personal impression that changes.

Like parachuting, sooner or later the repeated coin toss chances taken....will catch up with you.

In the case of difficult subjects like Serpo and Charles, sooner or later one will be true 'enough' to get the job done.

What I'm saying is that of something like Charles pops up again, there is no reason to handle it differently, at all.

It may be human to become hardened, overly skeptical, and/or burned out, but it is not logical or prudent to do so.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3