Thread: Miel Pops and конфеты (candy)

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Miel Pops and конфеты (candy)

I just realized that two Russian songs, one a cereal add and one about pedophilia, have become before famous on the US

Both are extremely misunderstood

Miel pops, people in North America think it just mumbles something and says "mi pan" as in "my bread", and then gliberish

This is one of the actual ads, it's an ad for cereal named miel pops, "miel" spanish for "honey" and pops.. well, pops, "honey pops"

I love this version LOL, so catchy

zuh zuh zuh yam yam yam

And here very old versions

Second one, it talks about a pedophile trying to grab a kid from a playground. Somehow, in the North America region, it turned into a game song about how your dad/mom doesn't let you go into a party, or how someone doesn't get what you want at all and you get angry and such. Completely missed the point of the song

It's very odd how people pick up on song sounds but completely lack will to understand what's going on with these songs, it turned from a song to warn against how easy for a pedophile can reach a kid to a funny song about how you can't get the coffee you want on Starbucks because the person taking your order doesn't understand what you say
    Last edited by Mashika; 8th August 2020 at 05:18.
    Tired

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th October 2022), Moz (8th August 2020), Sunny-side-up (8th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread