+ Reply to Thread

Thread: and Now for some MSM/Corporate Outright LIES on Australian Shares in 2012..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default and Now for some MSM/Corporate Outright LIES on Australian Shares in 2012..!

Commsec tips recovery for Australian shares

December 30, 2011

Quote I will highlight the Lies in Red...
    This year share markets around the world were rocked by the debt crisis in Europe, a spate of natural disasters in Australia and overseas, and political turmoil.

But a leading analyst expects Australian stocks to recover in 2012.

Photo: The Australian share market came in 31st of 73 international markets in 2011, according to Commsec's rankings.

The local market experienced wild swings but came in 31st in Commsec's ranking of international markets, with a fall of around 14 per cent in 2011.

Venezuela's market topped the list, rising 79 per cent, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average in the United States came in a surprising second place, with a gain of around 6 per cent with one day of trade left for the year.

Just six of the 73 markets covered ended the year higher.

Commsec chief economist Craig James says the strong performance of the US market was a bit of a surprise, and it was the standout performer of the major indices.

"In the US they haven't really got too much else where they can put their money," Mr James said.

"They can't really put it in terms of homes and see their value rising, and the cash rate is close to zero. Certainly the share market worked for them.

"The Philippines share market was up by a bit over four per cent, then came Indonesia, Ecuador and Qatar."

In Europe, London's FTSE 100 fell 5.6 per cent in the year as investors appeared to bet that the European debt crisis would eventually be resolved.

We are optimistic that, given the Australian economy is growing, that profits are rising, we will see a stronger performance by the share market.

Commsec chief economist Craig James

The markets of Germany and France fell more sharply, while Greece's share market was one of the worst performers, falling 53 per cent.

"The expectation of investors around the world is that when you've got economies which are as weak as what they are the only way is up, and I suppose the expectation is that the UK share market will have the potential for greater gains over the coming years," Mr James said.

Defensive strategy

On the Australian market consumer stocks were the worst hit, tumbling 64 per cent. Resource stocks slumped 25 per cent and banks were down 6 per cent.

The strongest sector was telecommunications, which rose almost 19 per cent.

"Defensive sectors like telecoms, the food, beverage and tobacco area and utilities - they were the top performers over 2011," Mr James said.

"In fact, they were the only three industry groups out of the 21 that managed to post gains over the 12-month period. It was very much a defensive approach by investors."

Telstra emerged as one of the best performers as investors sought out safe bets amid market uncertainty.

Its strong result and good dividends helped keep overall investor returns at a very high average of 9.1 per cent.

"Telstra has a significant weight in super funds and portfolios of individual investors, and the performance of Telstra will certainly help overall portfolio performance," Mr James said.

And Mr James expects the market to stage a recovery in the coming year.

Quote "We are optimistic that, given the Australian economy is growing, that profits are rising, we will see a stronger performance by the share market ... probably up in the order of 14 or 15 per cent, and recouping some of the losses that we saw over 2011," he said.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-3...e-2011/3752858

PS - I thought you would 'Piss Yourself Laughing' at the MSM/Corporate last minute bid to 'Sucker Punch' the ignorant Sheeple into one last ditch effort to manipulate the fools into parting with their 'Hard Earned' one last time, before the 'Planned Crash' in 2012..!

Here's a picture of the Commsec chief economist Shill, Craig James..!

2. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

Default Re: and Now for some MSM/Corporate Outright LIES on Australian Shares in 2012..!

Quote Posted by jackovesk;391334
    Here's a picture of the Commsec chief economist [B

Shill[/B], Craig James..!

Why, when I see that photo, do I think "Used car salesman"???

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

jackovesk (31st December 2011), Mad Hatter (31st December 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Re: and Now for some MSM/Corporate Outright LIES on Australian Shares in 2012..!

Quote Posted by jcocks (here)

I also see a 'Guilt Ridden' look in his 'Eyes', knowing he's just a paid for 'Lying Shill' for his Corporate masters..!

Shame 'Craig' Shame..!

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

What is the saying, "Paint a turd gold it's still a turd!"

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Quote Posted by jcocks (here)

I also see a 'Guilt Ridden' look in his 'Eyes', knowing he's just a paid for 'Lying Shill' for his Corporate masters..!

Shame 'Craig' Shame..!
    It's all good, he's got his golden ticket! Sell out the human race for some shillings? See how far that get's ya on the other side.

+ Reply to Thread