+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Breatharian Couple in Ecuador

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 times in 233 posts

Default Re: A Breatharian Couple in Ecuador

"What if conventional wisdom regarding our most fundamental energy requirements has been wrong all along and we can directly harness the energy of the Sun when we consume 'plant blood'?"

I've just found this very interesting article about the striking similarities between haemaglobin and chlorophyll, and the potential for us all to feed, energize, and heal ourselves from the sun's energy.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/chl...can-revolution

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Baby Steps (19th June 2017), DeDukshyn (19th June 2017), Franny (20th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), meat suit (21st June 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Some years ago I had recently joined a meditation group. One night I had a powerful kundalini experience, my body buzzed with energy. I was not able to sleep that night, in fact I slept for 2-4 hours a night for the next 5 weeks or so. Then I noticed I was never hungry and realized I had eaten nothing for a few days, just drinking water, tea and coffee. I had no desire to eat and in fact ate nothing for about a month. Had a piece of fruit one day and over the next week or so started eating again. I lost no weight and was fine.

Michael Talbot in The Holographic Universe describes a woman in the 1930s named Dolores I believe. She never ate, just didn't feel hungry. Finally she allowed some nuns to follow her and stay at her house to make sure she never ate. They never found food there and never observed her eating, none of her workmates, dates or friends observed her eating.

I believe you can get the book here thru the free books section. Get it because it's very interesting.

Years ago I knew some people that owned an Indian restaurant, a very GOOD Indian restaurant . The man was a Brahmin and the woman was from Brazil. She never ate any of the restaurant food, she only ate a piece of tropical fruit each day. She said even eating rice was too much for her. Her husband, being Indian, told me he understood.

Eight or 10 years ago I read 2 different articles about 2 people in India that ate nothing. The engineer had eaten nothing for many years, just had tea while his family ate. The other was a yogi type that was locked into a hospital for 10 days with no access to water or food. There were cameras on him 24/7 and they saw no food or water consumed. He drank water at the end of his 10 days. Apparently NASA wanted to study both with an idea that it might help conserve space and weight on long term travels to other worlds. I think both of these were on UK news sites.

So, yes, it's all anecdotal and no one actually claimed to be a breatharian. They are just a few examples of people that get their energy from places other than food - and E = mc2. Some use mass and some use energy but, ultimately it's the same thing.

I just recalled, the engineer said he stood outside and gazed at the rising or setting sun thru the trees which energized him.

Cheers...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Ben (20th June 2017), happyuk (5th November 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), onawah (20th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Not eating food, as part of a spiritual journey should be challenged anywhere it pops up. And 'energy is energy' regardless of where it comes from is incorrect and potentially damaging to emotionally fragile readers who may be pregnant and take it to heart. Who wants to be responsible for that? Step right up!💀

6. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Not eating food, as part of a spiritual journey should be challenged anywhere it pops up. And 'energy is energy' regardless of where it comes from is incorrect and potentially damaging to emotionally fragile readers who may be pregnant and take it to heart. Who wants to be responsible for that? Step right up!💀
    I think everyone heard your opinion the first four times ... (note that I am neither condemning nor endorsing breatharianism, as I stated earlier, it's not a topic I know enough about, but I do know some science and research around the human body and the way it works - as I presented neutrally in an earlier post)

Do you have anything new for us to consider, any anecdotes? personal experiences? research?
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th June 2017 at 00:34.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. Link to Post #45
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Not condemning breatharianism based on science and research? Hmmm...

Dedukshyn,

I have experienced people I am close to stop eating when they become psychotic. It deepens the psychosis, though there may have been some paradoxical euphoria along the way.

The psychotic became thinner and thinner, to the point of starvation.

It was LOVELY. You really should have been there, to neither support or condemn not eating. Oh yes, watching a sibling starving to death is such a spiritual experience.

Could have been worse. She could have been young and pregnant, or...had a small child and imposed her 'lifestyle choice' on them.

Why is it that those earnestly promoting this way of life on YouTube aren't practising their brand of spirituality in the Sudan? And why are all those people dying from starvation? Is it because,they are not getting enough sunlight? Is it because the air isn't 'pure' enough?
    Last edited by AutumnW; 20th June 2017 at 00:50.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th June 2017)

9. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spiral (here)
    Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    ... Surviving on sunlight and air, without drinking or eating is an experience that does NOT exist. To suggest it is possible under the rubric of advanced understanding, awareness and spirituality is promoting the impossible. ...
    An interesting opinion. I'm guessing you also think that the stories of an advanced person from 2000 years ago who could manifest fish and loaves of bread, all out of thin air, are just stories promoting the impossible.

There are a lot of amazing people walking the Earth right now. Is a miracle a label we use for something that challenges the impossible? Or is it something that exposes our limited understanding of who and what we really are? :-)
    The odd thing is that said miracle was a nod at eating as as basic need ?
    Yes, the loaves and fishes story is most likely smoke and mirrors, or never happened. Not eating and expecting to live is engaging in 'forcing a miracle.' It is the height of spiritual hubris or mental illness.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Joe Akulis (20th June 2017)

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Surviving on sunlight and air, without drinking or eating is an experience that does NOT exist.
    Go look up the Nepalese Buddha Boy. Please do.

He sat in deep meditation under a tree for 10 months, never ate or drank a thing, and was on camera the whole time, often in front of crowds of people. He was just a teenager.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

7alon (20th June 2017), Ben (20th June 2017), conk (21st June 2017), Eram (20th June 2017), happyuk (5th November 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (11th November 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), onawah (20th June 2017), Zampano (20th June 2017)

13. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I guess you didn't read my lengthy post on page 1 ... which was based on research and science -- I can provide references to peer reviewed studies if you care ...

Dedukshyn,

I have experienced people ...
    You can't experience others, for one ... and people who stop eating because they are psychotic is not the topic of this thread. There's a clear wee bit of projection here ... Not to diminish your experience with others, but you have to recognize this emotional aspect of yours you bring to this conversation. I feel "Do you have more to bring to this thread than repeating the same thing?" is still quite a valid inquiry ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th June 2017 at 14:36.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Eram (20th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), onawah (20th June 2017)

15. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Quite simply, it seems that breatharianism *is* possible...but it's possible in the way that levitating is possible. In other words, *incredibly rare*...as in "don't try this at home" rare. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's responsible to seriously suggest or try...particularly if one is pregnant. This is just good common sense and must be regarded as so.

I think that's the disconnect going on in this thread with Autumn and a few others.

The problem here is that there are those who *think* they can pull off such a feat (not eating or drinking) and there are those who actually *can* pull off such a feat...so for every enlightened soul that truly can perpetually fast safely, there are a large number of delusionals who will try and fail, harming or killing themselves in the process.

This seems to be the situation to me.

So, as Jules in 'Pulp Fiction" said: "Acknowledge the miracle".....just don't expect it.
    Last edited by Mike; 20th June 2017 at 14:58.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th June 2017), Eram (20th June 2017), Jantje (20th June 2017), Swan (20th June 2017)

17. Link to Post #50
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Dedukshyn,

I have experienced people I am close to stop eating when they become psychotic. It deepens the psychosis, though there may have been some paradoxical euphoria along the way.

It was LOVELY. You really should have been there, to neither support or condemn not eating. Oh yes, watching a sibling starving to death is such a spiritual experience.

Could have been worse. She could have been young and pregnant, or...had a small child and imposed her 'lifestyle choice' on them.

Why is it that those earnestly promoting this way of life on YouTube aren't practising their brand of spirituality in the Sudan? And why are all those people dying from starvation? Is it because,they are not getting enough sunlight? Is it because the air isn't 'pure' enough?
    The topic is breatharianism not anorexia nervosa.

18. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

Mod edit from Bill:

I copied this post over from this thread, which has been mentioned in this discussion a couple of times before:
    Dawn's was the opening post, and was thanked 162 times. ('Thanks' don't copy when a post is copied.) The original date was 13 Nov 2011.

Dawn is a retired member now, but was a moderator for a while. There's not the tiniest shred of evidence that she was ever deceptive in any way.

~~~~~~~

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    As a breatharian at age 37 there was no need to ever eat again
    WOW and thanks for your whole post.

Please say more!
    Bill and Limor, I am happy to provide more information for you. I purposely did not do so earlier because this thread is about cleansing, not living on prana. I am happy to tell you of my personal experience.

About me: I took a course from the Berkeley Psychic Institute in August of 1986 in meditation. They taught a method which involved a few simple but profound steps. I'm going to write these here because, so many aware people on the forum could do this with ease. I think meditation was an important part of my process:

1) Sit in a straight backed chair with your hands resting on your thighs, palms facing up
    2) Create a grounding chord linking you to the center of the earth
    3) Now bring the earth energy up through the balls of your feet, up your legs, and when it arrives at the 1st chakra allow it to fall down your grounding chord like water. So now you have an upside down "U" of energy going up through your legs and down your grounding chord.
    4) From your crown reach up into the 'universe' with your awareness and find a frequency of 'cosmic' energy you like and invite it down through your crown, into your spine, and on downwards, finally exiting your grounding chord. This should run down the 'back channel' of your microcosmic orbit.
    5) When this cosmic flow is strong, begin to mix it with the earth energy in an 80/20 ratio and bring this up the front channel of your microcosmic orbit. Each time it reaches a chakra as it travels upwards, hold your attention on that chakra until it begins to spin and balance.

This energy will travel upwards in the front channel of the body, and when it reaches the crown it will exit and fountain out the top of the head, creating a shower of energy which cleans your outer auric field. You will also find the energy running from the heart chakra down through the arms and exiting your upturned palms in small fountains. Here is a link to a diagram of this meditation: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post356189

This type of meditation was referred to as 'running your energy'. It reverses the normal course of the microcosmic orbit. At at the end of a 30 minute meditation you will feel really clean and balanced inside as these channels open up flow without blockage.

Back to my story: After doing this for 90 days, I began to really enjoy it, and my meditations became longer and longer. One evening I sat for 6 hours doing this, and when I opened my eyes ... there was only light. I thought I had gone blind, however within 15-30 minutes I began to see vague shapes of the 3d world which would flicker in the light before vanishing again. (According to some things I have read, it is likely my 3rd eye had opened fully.) There was a lot of trauma and drama with this, because I saw all of creation, and all of the emptiness of it at the same time. Fitting back into 3d reality, when everything I saw kept vanishing within a few seconds, was very difficult for me. This state of affairs began to slowly return to the old 'normal' way of seeing very gradually... it took 9 years before I began to perceive things here as solid.

After this life was very different. It took another year before I became a breatharian. During that year I no longer slept, however my body needed to lie down and rest for 1.5 hours daily. What was I to do during the long nights when the world around me was sleeping? I settled on hiking in the dark. So, every night for 9 years I headed into the Quicksilver Park, a nature preserve with 4,152 acres of wild, oak studded woodlands. In my heightened state, since the samadhi, many things were learned and seen. But, in my opinion the three most important which led my body to become a breatharian are

1) I hiked in the dark with and without shoes and off of the trails, which meant I was challenging my fears every night and learning to be courageous in every situation. Also, no weather stopped me, which encouraged my body to become impervious to temperature changes.

2) I was also getting a lot of exercise and being exposed to the energies of the natural world.

3) One more thing... I was internally led to frequently lie in the soft green meadows and do a meditation upon the death of my body. This was an ecstatic experience filled with great joy, where I would experience the freedom of the 3D body falling away, then disintegrating into atoms and molecules again which would then be used by other life forms in the 3D world to build their bodies.

The next spring, over a few days, I went through a transition where I no longer was aware of my heart as a 3D beating thing. Instead my heart became a spinning vortex located somewhere between where my old heart had been and where the third chakra had been. I could no longer hear my heart beat. I began to notice that breathing was an ecstatic experience. Each breath felt thick and warm. Although air came in and out of my nose, the important part of the breath came in through a chakra at the base of my skull. From there it contacted the tissue at the back of the throat (this was directly opposite to the back of the mouth cavity). This thick liquid breath (prana) flowed down through the body along the chi channels and fascia. Each breath felt like liquid love, and each breath was orgasmic.

The problem with this at the time was, that I found myself having a very difficult time connecting with other people. Their conversation seemed totally insane to me, and I also could not join them in the really big social events... which were always around food. I could not eat with my family, I could not have coffee with my co-workers (yes, I worked every day through this time), I could not go to lunch with friends, I could not go to dinner parties. Is this really true? No it is not, but I could not attend these things without looking like an outsider and seeming strange. After making up stories about having just eaten, having no appetite, and of being on a diet for a few months... I knew others were holding back from interacting with me. So I decided to eat again. Now this was not easy, because my body truly did not want to eat.... It fought me all the way.

When I finally got the first bite to go down and stay down without my body throwing it up and out again, I knew I was on the road to being able to interact socially with others. That first bite took over 90 minutes to get down and keep down. For about a year I was aware that all the life force in food was extracted in my mouth, from there it went through the same channels that breathing did. (entering the fascia and chi channels at the back of the throat) After chewing the food to extract this prana, what I swallowed was totally devoid of all nutrition and essentially dead decaying tissue that my body needed to deal with.

So there it is Bill, my story about how I became a breatharian and then gave it up. Here are the steps again, stated simply:
    1) Run your energy daily
    2) Get plenty of exercise
    3) Remain in courage and find things you are scared of to overcome
    4) Spent a lot of time in nature
    5) Do 'death' meditations until they become ecstatic
    6) Pay attention to the chakra at the back of your throat when you breath with the intention of opening it and breathing in prana

NOTE: The only place I have found this type of breathing discussed is in Diary of a Yogi, by Yogananda. He mentioned that he had ordered this method taught in his school to all the children there. He did this so that if there was ever a famine, they could survive easily without food.

There are a number of teachers who are working with students to help them make this transition. If you google breatharian you will find a number of links to these methods.

One last note: I have told this story a number of times, it has always met with silence. No one has ever asked me a question about any of it. Something in consciousness must be changing.... you actually asked me for information.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 20th June 2017 at 14:07.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Ben (21st June 2017), conk (21st June 2017), Debra (20th June 2017), DeDukshyn (20th June 2017), Eram (20th June 2017), Eva2 (11th October 2018), happyuk (5th November 2017), Jantje (21st June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Mike (20th June 2017), onawah (20th June 2017), Ultima Thule (20th June 2017)

20. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

Has anyone heard from Dawn lately and how she is doing?
    I was not aware that Dawn had been a breatharian; my contact with her began with the thread she started here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hlight=disease
    ...which was about cleansing and eating the cleanest diet possible, and that began after she had started eating again, apparently.
    She reported all kinds of reactions she was having to food in that thread, and she eventually announced that she was no longer recommending the information she had posted in that thread and started a new one:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...king-your-body
    after she had started drinking Bulletproof coffee and making that the mainstay of her new diet.
    But that thread only lasted for a short time, and then she left the forum.
    I've always wondered if she continued with that latest diet and how she is doing now.
    She's certainly had an unusual journey!
    Each breath a gift...

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

conk (21st June 2017), Eram (20th June 2017), Eva2 (5th November 2017), Jantje (21st June 2017), Mike (20th June 2017)

22. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Autumn, why don't you start your own thread about eating disorders or your skepticism about human spiritual potential instead of continually trying to disrupt this one?
    Quote Posted by Spiral (here)
    Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    ... Surviving on sunlight and air, without drinking or eating is an experience that does NOT exist. To suggest it is possible under the rubric of advanced understanding, awareness and spirituality is promoting the impossible. ...
    An interesting opinion. I'm guessing you also think that the stories of an advanced person from 2000 years ago who could manifest fish and loaves of bread, all out of thin air, are just stories promoting the impossible.

There are a lot of amazing people walking the Earth right now. Is a miracle a label we use for something that challenges the impossible? Or is it something that exposes our limited understanding of who and what we really are? :-)
    The odd thing is that said miracle was a nod at eating as as basic need ?
    Yes, the loaves and fishes story is most likely smoke and mirrors, or never happened. Not eating and expecting to live is engaging in 'forcing a miracle.' It is the height of spiritual hubris or mental illness.
    Each breath a gift...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

conk (21st June 2017)

24. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Hi Bill, I suppose anyone could write anything here and, if there wasn't anyone around to witness it, there wouldn't be any evidence of deception. Unfortunately there isn't any evidence of truth either It's like trying to evaluate Corey's stuff.

I won't troll this thread and play the cynic. I just have to say, I'm really struggling with Dawn's story. It's wonderful to read on the one hand, but just so incredibly unlikely on the other that I find it impossible to digest in any kind of meaningful way. Part of me would love to believe it, but the other part of me ..the logical and reasonable part, won't allow it.....so I exist awkwardly somewhere in the middle. Therfore, I can't extract any real value from it.

My purpose isn't to ridicule it! Truly. But it sounds uncannily like a passage out of a Castaneda book!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (20th June 2017), Eram (20th June 2017), Jantje (21st June 2017)

26. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Dear Limor Wolf, thank you for a beautifully expressed post, especially wrt Gary Yourofsky . . . you are one of the very few people who "get" being vegan (not a diet, not something one does for one's health). . . . .

27. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I guess you didn't read my lengthy post on page 1 ... which was based on research and science -- I can provide references to peer reviewed studies if you care ...

Dedukshyn,

I have experienced people ...
    You can't experience others, for one ... and people who stop eating because they are psychotic is not the topic of this thread. There's a clear wee bit of projection here ... Not to diminish your experience with others, but you have to recognize this emotional aspect of yours you bring to this conversation. I feel "Do you have more to bring to this thread than repeating the same thing?" is still quite a valid inquiry ...
    You asked me for a personal anecdote and I gave you one. People who are psychotic often feel 'spiritually moved' to quit eating. Some could become vulnerable to fake gurus promoting breatharianism

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th June 2017), Mike (20th June 2017)

29. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mike, the world is full of uncanny stories, from UFOs to Sasquatch to fairies.
    If you haven't experienced some of those things yourself, it may be hard to believe,but when you have, it can open up possibilities for all kinds of speculation.
    Personally, I don't find Dawn's story hard to believe.
    What I find harder to wrap my head around is that human/Reticulan hybrids on the earth now have big problems with digesting food, but can exist on food cooked so long that there is basically no life left in it.
    Yet I have personally known two such beings.
    Both are as thin as concentration camp survivors, one barely eats enough to feed a bird and it's mostly canned food, and the other eats huge quantities of overcooked food yet never gains weight.
    Both are quite physically active, last I heard, and are in their 60s.
    We may not have proof of Dawn's story, but in my contact with her over the forum, I sensed she is a very sweet, integral person.
    We do however, have proof of the story that Bill posted for us about the meditating "Buddha Boy" which is well documented, and there have been other, similar cases, so breatharians apparently do exist.
    Whereas in Corey's case, no one has any proof of ever seeing a Blue Avian!

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Hi Bill, I suppose anyone could write anything here and, if there wasn't anyone around to witness it, there wouldn't be any evidence of deception. Unfortunately there isn't any evidence of truth either It's like trying to evaluate Corey's stuff.

I won't troll this thread and play the cynic. I just have to say, I'm really struggling with Dawn's story. It's wonderful to read on the one hand, but just so incredibly unlikely on the other that I find it impossible to digest in any kind of meaningful way. Part of me would love to believe it, but the other part of me ..the logical and reasonable part, won't allow it.....so I exist awkwardly somewhere in the middle. Therfore, I can't extract any real value from it.

My purpose isn't to ridicule it! Truly. But it sounds uncannily like a passage out of a Castaneda book!
    Last edited by onawah; 20th June 2017 at 16:33.
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th June 2017), Mike (20th June 2017)

31. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Surviving on sunlight and air, without drinking or eating is an experience that does NOT exist.
    Go look up the Nepalese Buddha Boy. Please do.

He sat in deep meditation under a tree for 10 months, never ate or drank a thing, and was on camera the whole time, often in front of crowds of people. He was just a teenager.

I did some follow up research on this video. The infra red cameras were placed far enough away from the Budda boy, at night, that imagery was difficult to capture. (25 meters). Apparently the documentarians would not return to do a follow up as they felt something was fishy. I can provide links from my lap top later.

I 'uncovered' material involving the behaviour of the townspeople, the Budda boy, that was criminal in nature...but...I,have no idea if it is true or not, so dismiss it. Am only interested in what the film crew had to say and those who made the film.

32. Link to Post #59
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)

Dedukshyn,

The topic is breatharianism not anorexia nervosa.

Interesting, I don't claim to be highly spiritually evolved -- and yet I would never respond to another member in the way you just did. It is highly inappropriate. Plus, psychosis is not anorexia. But...some of those who consider breatharianism are going to be in the first stages, or beyond.

Those who have seen, first hand, what delusion can do, should be respected for what they bring to the discussion.

33. Link to Post #60
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

I think some are being quite unfair on AutumnW and others.

The initial post is a newspaper article from the UK's Independent paper with the title "Breatharian couple claim to live on 'energy'". As part of the article it states, "But with NHS figures showing that around 6.4 per cent of Brits show signs of eating disorders, they’re dangerous claims to make."

Now why is it "off topic" to agree with what the NHS says in the article?

Personally I find it strange and questionable why a mainstream newspaper would be printing such a story. Also not off topic. If it was printed in "Breatharian Monthly" maybe some of us wouldn't have been so concerned.

Plus the topic is a young couple who have 2 children with at least one of them given birth to when supposedly not eating.

This is what has raised alarm bells for several members.

I too was fascinated by the Buddha Boy documentary back in 2009 but then later saw another film where they said they couldn't be 100% certain he didn't eat or drink as the family put screens up around him at certain times and the scientists could not see what happened behind the screens at those times.

Back to topic - Personally I see a world of difference between a documentary about a meditating Buddha Boy and a woman claiming she gave birth to a healthy baby after only eating 5 times in 9 months.

Surely that is the topic - a woman claiming she gave birth to a healthy baby after only eating 5 times in 9 months and why is a newspaper printing the story? Is it ethical for a newspaper to print such a story? That for me is definitely part of the topic.

Buddha Boys or other Saddhus may possibly be able to live from prana but the Independent article wasn't about them.

In relation to the couple who the topic is about, how come "they eat ... three times a week" now but while pregnant she only ate 5 times in 9 months? That in itself doesn't add up to me.

Just saying - I think AutumnW and others are right on topic just as much as those bringing forward possible evidence of cases of breatharianism.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Jantje (21st June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast