+ Reply to Thread
Page 1295 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 295 795 1195 1245 1285 1295 1305 1345 1395 1795 1823 LastLast
Results 25,881 to 25,900 of 36446

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #25881
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,692 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Space.com

On This Day In Space | 2nd October 2015 | 100th Lift-Off For United Launch Alliance

Published 2nd October 2018

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (2nd October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #25882
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Seeker

How Will We Get To Alpha Centauri?

Published 1st October 2018

How will get travel the 4.3 million lightyears to our second closest star?

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Did You See Them (2nd October 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (2nd October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #25883
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Sirius Disclosure

Contact & The Cosmos

Recorded 23rd June & Published 28th September 2018

Dr Greer's presentation takes a quick trip through the cosmology & then a deep dive into what folks @ the CIA call WSFM not a radio but an acronym for weird science & freaking magic, He covers all the classified technologies, where they are located, when they where developed & so on..

Part two to follow

Government & Private Projects

In a continuation of Part 1, Dr. Greer goes into detail about human technologies developed since the 1940s and 1950s that look like “magic” and mimic ET technologies. He discusses advanced physics (alien reproduction vehicles) and Trans-dimensional Physics used for intelligence gathering and for disruption. He includes a list of projects and facilities where these human activities are happening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd October 2018)

7. Link to Post #25884
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Open Minds UFO Radio

Martin Willis | Latest UFO News

Broadcast & Published 2nd Octobber 2018

Martin Willis of Podcast UFO joins Alejandro to round up the latest UFO news including news from TTSA's ADAM project.

Supporting Link@ http://www.openminds.tv/category/ufoheadlines

8. Link to Post #25885
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Alien Protocols

Mystery Skinwalker Ranch Owner Revealed?

Buddy speculates on who the new owner The Skinwalker Ranch maybe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

10. Link to Post #25886
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Fraser Cain

Alejandro Rojas with UFO Updates Then Martin invites Fraser Cain of Universe Today for a chat about everything from Astronomy to UFOs & everything else in between!

11. Link to Post #25887
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthFiles

Special Report | Sunspot NM & UK Mutilations Petition

Recorded & Published 3rd October 2018

Linda with the latest on the Sunspot observatory & The petition South Londoners have organised to get police to investigate the rash of feline mutilations.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Valerie Villars (4th October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #25888
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Ground Zero Media

Secret History : Atomic Alien Theory

Published 3rd October 2018

There is a theory within UFO circles that the detonation of the nuclear bomb was a ritual and it was used not only for war, but to signal the Sylphs or Homunculus to come to Earth in order to exchange technological advancements, and, perhaps share the secret of Artificial Intelligence. On tonight's show, Clyde Lewis talks about SECRET HISTORY - ATOMIC ALIEN THEORY.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (4th October 2018), Valerie Villars (4th October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #25889
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 3rd & 4th October 2018

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #25890
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Thunderbolts Project

Upheaval: How Old Is The Earth & Its Species?

Earlier this year, scientists from New York and Sweden published the results of their sweeping study of 5 million DNA barcodes from about 100,000 different animal species. As reported by phys.org on May 28, 2018, the results are “sure to jostle, if not overturn, more than one settled idea about how evolution unfolds."

In addition to a shocking absence of genetic diversity, the authors were stunned to conclude that about 9 out of every 10 species on Earth appear to have come into being at about the same time, apparently sometime between 100,000 and 200,000 years ago. Study co-author David Thaler said of the findings, "This conclusion is very surprising, and I fought against it as hard as I could.” One unavoidable possibility these results raise is articulated in the phys.org report, which asks, “Was there some catastrophic event 200,000 years ago that nearly wiped the slate clean?”

In part one of this two-part presentation, Thunderbolts colleague Peter Mungo Jupp begins a comprehensive and radical re-assessment of the questions: how old is the Earth, and how has life unfolded upon it?

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-05-gene-s...evolution.html

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (4th October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

19. Link to Post #25891
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

On This Day In Space | 3rd October 1942 | 1st Successful Test Launch of the German A4 Rocket (V-2)

&

On This Day In Space | 4th October 1957 | Sputnik 1 Becomes 1st Human-Made Satellite To Orbit the Earth

Published 4th October 2018

&

Japanese Probe Drops Shoe-Box Size Lander On Asteroid

The Hayabusa-2 spacecraft deployed the Mobile Asteroid Surface Scout (MASCOT) to land on Asteroid Ryugu. Imagery of the descent of Hayabusa2 and Mascot towards the space rock have been compiled here

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th October 2018 at 14:13.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

ichingcarpenter (4th October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

21. Link to Post #25892
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

San Francisco Amateur Astronomers

Dr. Michael Busch | Near Earth Asteroids & Space Missions

Recorded 20th June & Published 3rd October 2018

Join Dr. Michael Busch for a presentation on Near Earth Asteroids and Space Missions. Learn about the importance of near-Earth asteroids (NEAs), a population of objects on orbit around the Sun that cross or come near that of Earth. They represent remnants of material from the early solar system that never accredited into planets. Dr. Busch will review the near-Earth population, as well as efforts to discover and characterize NEAs from the ground, and will also discuss past, current, and future missions to near-Earth asteroids. These include missions by NASA, ESA, JAXA, the Chinese National Space Agency, and other groups.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th October 2018 at 13:58.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #25893
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Cool Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Nemesis Maturity

Draconid Meteor Shower May Burst Into Meteor Storm

The October Draconids is an established meteor shower that occurs annually around the 9th of October. The shower was linked in 1926 to the Jupiter-family comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner, known to evolve on a perturbed and “erratic” orbit.

Although the annual activity of the shower is usually low (a few visual meteors per hour), the Draconids produce episodic outbursts (e.g. in 1985, 1998, 2005 and 2011) and meteor storms. In 1933 and 1946, the Zenithal Hourly Rate (ZHR) of the shower reached a level of around ten thousand meteors per hour.

In 2012, a completely unexpected Draconid storm was detected by the Canadian Meteor Orbit Radar (CMOR), with an equivalent ZHR reaching 9000 meteors per hour. The irregularity of these shower displays, caused in large part by the frequent perturbations experienced by the orbit of the comet parent, make the October Draconids among the most challenging meteor showers to predict.

The predicted path of the Earth through the debris streams of comet 21P/Giacobini-Ziner is favorable for a major storm, similar to what has been seen in previous years.

Some experts predict low Draconid activity, with a maximum of less than a few tens of meteors per hour around 8th to 9th of October. At the L1 and L2 Lagrange points, however, the flux estimates suggest a "meteoroid storm."

Some reports say NASA is even considering the potential risk of damage to the Discover spacecraft and other satellites due to meteor impacts. The L1 region hosts a significant number of active spacecraft (e.g. SOHO, ACE, GGS and DSCOVR) that might be impacted by meteoroids released by the comet in 1946.

The meteroid flux around the ESA's Gaia spacecraft, orbiting around the L2 region, is particularly significant. The satellite risks to be impacted by large Draconid meteoroids, travelling with a velocity of about 20 km/s. Mission operators at the European Space Agency say they will command the spacecraft to rotate and shield itself to avoid any damage.

Read all about it here: https://www.newscientist.com/article...SS%7CNSNS-news

Get ready for a spectacular night sky light show! Even for a major outburst of shooting stars. The Draconids will be most visible between sunset and midnight when the constellation Draco is at its highest point.

&

Astronomers Find First Evidence Of An Exomoon

Our solar system has eight major planets, and nearly 200 moons. Though astronomers have to date found nearly 4,000 planets orbiting other stars, no moons have yet been found. That hasn't been for any lack of looking, it’s just that moons are smaller than planets and therefore harder to detect.

The Hubble and Kepler space telescopes found evidence for what could be a giant moon accompanying a gas-giant planet that orbits the star Kepler-1625, located 8,000 light-years away in the constellation Cygnus. The moon may be as big as Neptune and it orbits a planet several times more massive than Jupiter.

If our solar system is a typical example, moons may outnumber planets in our galaxy by at least an order of magnitude or more. This promises a whole new frontier for characterizing the nature of moons and their potential for hosting life as we know it.

The exomoon at Kepler-1625b is too far away to be directly photographed. Its presence is inferred when it passes in front of the star, momentarily dimming its light. Such an event is called a transit. However, the "footprint" of the moon's transit signal is weaker than for the host planet.

The researchers caution that the moon’s presence will need to be conclusively proven by follow-up Hubble observations.

In a paper published in the journal Science Advances, the scientists report that the candidate moon is unusually large — potentially comparable to Neptune.

http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/4/10/eaav1784

Such large moons do not exist in our own solar system. The researchers say this may yield new insights into the development of planetary systems and may cause experts to revisit theories of how moons form around planets.

http://hubblesite.org/news_release/news/2018-45

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th October 2018 at 14:08.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (4th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (4th October 2018), william r sanford72 (4th October 2018)

25. Link to Post #25894
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

The 100-Year Mystery Of The Diffuse Interstellar Bands

Diffuse interstellar bands were first discovered in 1919 and since then scientists have found nearly 500 of them. How many do we understand? Only one.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #25895
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Hubble Space Telescope

Gautham Narayan | Chasing Supernovae With Kepler

Streamed & Published 4th September 2018

The Kepler spacecraft launched in 2009 with the goal of discovering exoplanets. However, its highly precise brightness measurements can be used for much more science. When Kepler was repurposed as the K2 mission, one team of astronomers decided to use it to hunt for supernovas. By catching the critical first few hours of an exploding star, scientists can learn more about these colossal blasts.

Gautham's segment starts @ 17 minutes

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #25896
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Deep Astronomy

Telescope Talk | The DKIST Solar Telescope

The Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope (DKIST) is currently under construction on Haleakala in Hawaii. This ground-based flagship observatory promises to shed light on the fundamental physical processes that govern the behavior of the Sun and many other astrophysical objects that continue to remain elusive.

Please join Dr. Jeff Kuhn, Dr. Svetlana Berdughina, Tony Darnell and Christian Ready as we learn about this new observatory and the science it promises.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th October 2018 at 14:31.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #25897
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Perimeter Institute For Theoretical Physics

Avery Broderick | Images From The Edge Of Spacetime: The Event Horizon Telescope

Black holes are among the most powerful and mysterious phenomena in the universe. Almost every galaxy has at its core a supermassive black hole, millions or even billions of times more massive than our sun. Black holes are, in theory, the ultimate manifestation of strong gravity’s impact on the visible universe, but placing these exotic phenomena on concrete empirical footing has been impossible — until now. The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT), a global array of interconnected telescopes, has such incredible power and precision that it may finally unveil nature’s monsters in the dark.

During his free, live webcast on Oct. 3, Perimeter Associate Faculty member Avery Broderick (Delaney Family John Archibald Wheeler Chair and leader of Perimeter’s EHT Initiative) will provide a highly accessible and fascinating lecture on the EHT and international efforts to interpret horizon-resolving images of numerous supermassive black holes

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #25898
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Red face Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Sky Scholar

The Faint Young Sun Problem!

Dr Robitaille expertly explains the faint young Sun problem...

Last edited by Star Tsar; 5th October 2018 at 03:29.

34. Link to Post #25899
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Harvard-Smithsonian Center For Astrophysics

Gerry Gilmore | GAIA : The Steroscopic Survey Of The Galaxy

Streamed & Published 4th October 2018

Gerry Gilmore presents on The GAIA telescope which has onboard the largest camera ever built & put into space with a billion pixels. He shares infomation about the survey itself & The three types of data it provides us in order to produce a survey of the properties of the Milky Way galaxy.

35. Link to Post #25900
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

High Altitude Observatory

Russel Stoneback | The EM Helmholtz Resonator

Streamed & Published 4th October 2018

Russel Stoneback of University of Texas, Introduces us to The EM Helmholtz Resonator a device designed to convey energy from our star to planet Earth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1295 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 295 795 1195 1245 1285 1295 1305 1345 1395 1795 1823 LastLast