+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Default Re: Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    Quote Posted by Michael Moewes (here)
    All negative emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided. If you think anger impowers you, than you are a demon or an oger. there is no true power in negativity. but much more in positivity and love. If you express negative emotions all the time to make yourself feeling "powerfull", you will end up allone without any true friends. If this are your intentions go ahead but you have to deal with the results of your actions. cause and effect is a natural law.
    to your brainwashed statement. I asume you have to evolve quickly to some other level
    Can you explain why you say that ALL 'negative' emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided? That's a blanket statement. How can you be so sure?

Personally, I know that anger has empowered me. It has helped me to overcome fear, build up courage, stand up for myself and express my thoughts. I don't think I am a demon or an ogre -- at least not the last time I checked.

The scene from 'Red Dwarf' that I presented is an amusing way to consider what might happen to a person if a strong 'negative' emotion is entirely removed from a person and suggests we'd be rendered... rather dysfunctional. Sure, it's a work of fiction, but the whole point is to consider the possibility.

I'm not so sure the line is clear cut when we describe 'negative' and 'positive' emotions. It was suggested earlier in this thread that intense negative and intense positive emotions are both 'bad'. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it's interesting.

Btw, your comment overall seems a bit hostile, which is amusing... all things considered.
    Because if it is directed at you you wouldn't like it, would you? The universe works like a mirror, what you put out is what you get back, its very simple.
    Now, that's an interesting thought. Believe it or not, I wasn't actually thinking about aiming 'negative' emotions at someone else like a weapon. A person can also wallow in their own emotions as well. From that perspective, if there is any harm, they are only harming themselves.

I've been around people that have directed their 'negative' emotions at me. It wasn't a matter of if I didn't like it or not. The key is to not react and take it personal. I realize that people and their emotions have nothing to do with me and everything to do with them.

For example, I can get extremely riled up or excited about certain subject matter and people often mistake that energy as directed at them personally.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Craig (11th November 2014), hohoemi (28th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Shezbeth (8th November 2014), Skyhaven (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pharaohs Maze (here)
    Bad emotions, negative emotions...
    Perhaps the real issue is not with the energy pattern itself but our unwillingness to feel our emotions. So many on the so called path of ascension can't get off the runway because of their trying to be 'enlightened'. Holding naive and even juvenile ideas of what enlightenment must feel like. And thus model ourselves on those ideas.

If we are to ostracise our so called negative emotions then we are to remain decompartmentalised and spiritually fragmented. Instead we should feel those emotions and move into them deeply with our attention so as to know our own dimensions well. Let us be ready to feel our fear and our anger and let us see clearly our guilt and our vanity.

When we stop avoiding and ostracising our own energy patterns we begin to establish a more steady and less reactionary relationship with ourselves… this naturally leads to deeper integration with ourselves and we our less prone to extreme polarity swings in our energy.

All of the so called negative emotions have been dubbed so only because they are expressions of our suffering, but suffering is natural and there is no one on any path of ascension whom is not accustomed to it.

Why give one emotion more importance than another. well I'll tell you why... because people are despairing for the emancipation that they believe enlightenment must bring them. Desperate to be free from the suffering of the world with all of its war and hatred and disease and lies. But the enlightened one does not shy away from darkness, she goes directly into the deepest darkness and becomes a light. And when the light is blinding and dominearing she can enter into the light and cast darkness.

So in summary… Ive got 99 problems but emotions aint one.
    That was brilliantly said.

Purposefully denying ourselves to feel certain emotions for whatever reason only suppresses them. We all know what happens when we try to suppress something. It doesn't go away. It can't be ignored. It builds up pressure that eventually needs to be expressed. Living like this is very stressful. And, stress leads to disease.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Mark (8th November 2014), Pharaohs Maze (8th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Selene (8th November 2014), Shezbeth (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

All negative emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided. If you think anger impowers you, than you are a demon or an oger. there is no true power in negativity. but much more in positivity and love. If you express negative emotions all the time to make yourself feeling "powerfull", you will end up allone without any true friends. If this are your intentions go ahead but you have to deal with the results of your actions. cause and effect is a natural law.
    to your brainwashed statement. I asume you have to evolve quickly to some other level
    Can you explain why you say that ALL 'negative' emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided? That's a blanket statement. How can you be so sure?

Personally, I know that anger has empowered me. It has helped me to overcome fear, build up courage, stand up for myself and express my thoughts. I don't think I am a demon or an ogre -- at least not the last time I checked.

The scene from 'Red Dwarf' that I presented is an amusing way to consider what might happen to a person if a strong 'negative' emotion is entirely removed from a person and suggests we'd be rendered... rather dysfunctional. Sure, it's a work of fiction, but the whole point is to consider the possibility.

I'm not so sure the line is clear cut when we describe 'negative' and 'positive' emotions. It was suggested earlier in this thread that intense negative and intense positive emotions are both 'bad'. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it's interesting.

Btw, your comment overall seems a bit hostile, which is amusing... all things considered.
    Because if it is directed at you you wouldn't like it, would you? The universe works like a mirror, what you put out is what you get back, its very simple.
    Now, that's an interesting thought. Believe it or not, I wasn't actually thinking about aiming 'negative' emotions at someone else like a weapon. A person can also wallow in their own emotions as well. From that perspective, if there is any harm, they are only harming themselves.

I've been around people that have directed their 'negative' emotions at me. It wasn't a matter of if I didn't like it or not. The key is to not react and take it personal. I realize that people and their emotions have nothing to do with me and everything to do with them.

For example, I can get extremely riled up or excited about certain subject matter and people often mistake that energy as directed at them personally.
    I wouldn't direct it at myself either, in my opinion you have to get it out some way, through music, art, exercise, whatever... and then I agree with you, they're not bad per say, well they are 'bad' in a literal sense, but without bad there's no good, so they are very useful in that sense, not to be disregarded at all... if its there it needs to be there, its part of growth...
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 8th November 2014 at 09:38.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Pris (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,748 times in 261 posts

Thats what im talkin about . Hostility masked by a thin veneer of moral and 'spiritual superiority' . Its passive aggresion's modus operandi . We are the arbiters of what you can and cant feel ,so do as we say(not as we do) get back in line ,suppress your emotions so we can harvest them in the form of irrational fear instead of righteous anger . Anger that should be directed ,quite rightly, at your guilty, sorry, craven, hypocritical asses . religion is a cover for every sleeze bag sexually/emotionally repressed pervert on the planet. I have lost count of the number of do gooders who play that game to coerce guilt trip and mess with everything that makes being alive worthwhile . Church on Sinday ? , F@#$ that BS.

Never was a point more succinctly put Pris . My hat is off to you .

8. Link to Post #45
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Emotions dont kill people , people kill emotion . Anything you suppress becomes a twisted monster . Chain up a dog and it will eventually become aggresive and psychotic. Deny people the right to speak and feel freely and you will destroy their minds . Eventually they will become politically correct apologists who roll over and die rather than stand up and fight for anything that makes life worth living . Consume and die ! I will die on my feet rather than live on my knees sucking illuminist cock . Not sorry if that offends .

Red dwarf is brilliant writing . One day it will be right up there with Shakespeare.

9. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by maurice (here)
    Anger is unexpressed love more often than not .
    Yes, I can see that.

Quote Emotion is energy in motion. That's what the word means . A lot of the time people dont even know why they are angry which begs the question why ?
    I feel this is very true. If I am angry about something, I always do my best to analyze where it's coming from and why, but so many people don't even question it.

Quote Ever notice how illogical ego driven people are . Notice how they screw up everything and never take responsibility ?
    Yes, and it doesn't even matter if they have an extremely high IQ. In fact, it seems the higher the IQ, the greater the ego. They are less able to consider or admit they may have made an error because of an inflated ego due to a high IQ.

Quote I believe what pris is saying is that when you shut down your heart to attain purity you shoot yourself in the foot .
    Right. Why we think we need to attain 'purity' in the first place is beyond me. That sounds very boring to me. Besides, what if we are all already perfect exactly the way we are -- with all our so-called flaws?

Quote The illuminati treat humans like battery hens . They cage them and feed them and harvest them. watch how any cage animal behaves and you understand why humans don't process their emotions in a healthy way. because they are not free to make mistakes .They think they have to be perfect from the get go.
    It certainly seems they've done their best to brainwash us into thinking that way. Unfortunately, it has worked for the most part. The good news is people are beginning to realize this and many of us have slipped through the bars.

Quote 'If a fool would persist in his folly he will become wise'
    Have you persisted in your folly, maurice? Are you becoming wise? Please, stay on topic!
    Last edited by Pris; 8th November 2014 at 10:24.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

maurice (8th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Shezbeth (8th November 2014), Skyhaven (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I wouldn't direct it at myself either, in my opinion you have to get it out some way, through music, art, exercise, whatever... and then I agree with you, they're not bad per say, well they are 'bad' in a literal sense, but without bad there's no good, so they are very useful in that sense, not to be disregarded at all... if its there it needs to be there, its part of growth...
    Hey, now I think we're getting somewhere! I can completely relate to the expressing of emotion through 'music, art, exercise, whatever...'. I've expressed/released all kinds of emotions this way. For me, it's mostly been through art/animation, poetry, and music. And, lately I've expressed myself through multimedia. It's very freeing and fun -- truly exhilarating!

ps This is fun, too, btw.
    Last edited by Pris; 8th November 2014 at 10:23.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

maurice (8th November 2014), Skyhaven (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #48
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Have I persisted in my folly ? Yes , but the question is to what point and purpose Missy . You are talking to a man who is constantly battling with anger , BUT I believe it to be a necessary burden to carry as consciously as possible . I don't like injustice . I cant stand idle while others brutalize innocents and children . When I see injustice I speak up and I have never sold my soul. Believe me I have received some high bids to attain it . I like strong women and encourage them any chance I get because we need them so much .

What does it take to burn the corruption out of a persons soul ? Fire , passion , anger and consciously focused rage if necessary . I rage against the machine every day .

And you are very naughty for teasing me about being off topic.

14. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Have I persisted in my folly ? Yes , but the question is to what point and purpose Missy . You are talking to a man who is constantly battling with anger , BUT I believe it to be a necessary burden to carry as consciously as possible . I don't like injustice . I cant stand idle while others brutalize innocents and children . When I see injustice I speak up and I have never sold my soul. Believe me I have received some high bids to attain it . I like strong women and encourage them any chance I get because we need them so much .

What does it take to burn the corruption out of a persons soul ? Fire , passion , anger and consciously focused rage if necessary . I rage against the machine every day .

That's wonderful, and I encourage you to be strong as well. As for teasing... who's teasing who? You are subversive, but you are not without charm. Please watch yourself around here if you get my meaning.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Mark (8th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Skyhaven (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

16. Link to Post #50
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Have we been brainwashed to undervalue and discourage so-called 'bad' emotions like anger because they actually empower us?

Everything needs to be in balance, right? You can't have your yin without your yang.

What do you think?
    Yes I think we are brainwashed.
    Yes we need anger as motivator to action.
    Yes long term anger and fear are detrimental to our health.

Children have the ability to clear and shift/clear emotions instantly.
    Adults lose this ability when we learn to analyze and calculate past/future actions. There comes revenge, victimhood and envy.

In order to keep ourselves health we need to vent our anger, and control its triggers. So that we can develop anger when we choose to.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Mark (8th November 2014), Pris (9th November 2014), skippy (8th November 2014)

18. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    This spiritual path has an ingrained secret that many further along the path do not often enunciate clearly. That is, that, until one reaches a state of karmic release whereby they are able to experience higher states of being, they are hopelessly mired in the emotional morass. They are slave to their emotions and the karmic return that implies. The desire to achieve, to tie one's action to the outcome of that action, then, is the hurdle to cross.

At the same time, it is possible to overcome this hurdle almost instantaneously. Or instantaneously through a form of "grace", the transmission of "enlightenment" through an event precipitated by a Master. But, the question then becomes, is this experience a result of many lifetimes of trials and tribulations on the dharmic wheel? Is it, "time" for someone to experience an enlightenment event and then move higher, become able to see the nature of reality for what it is and actively control the thoughts and emotions? If that perspective is considered, then perhaps instantaneous is really not that at all, but the result of many lifetimes of effort.
    I do not agree with the above, the karmic release is an outcome of hard work. Forgiveness to self and forgiveness to others is the karmic release.
    It is hard and painful process to forgive, but the end result is release from emotional pain, physical pain and stress deposits in the body.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Pris (9th November 2014)

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Maybe I'am a bit weird here, but I don't feel any anger at all, its just not there... I try to see the bigger picture, and often try to understand why things are as they are, or why people act like they act.... and from there nothing happens except avoidance, if that gets me out of an undesired situation.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 8th November 2014 at 12:43.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

maurice (8th November 2014), Pris (9th November 2014)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

As I read this thread. I wanted to add this.
    Human race is special with its emotional skills. The emotional skills and emotional body is a sought by other races (see hybridization programs).
    The emotional skills allows us initially to attract joy and avoid pain. Later we learn to develop skills to invent our joy and attract our pains as well.

The attraction to spiritual evolution that is emotional is special to humans (IMHO). Other species evolve with rational reasoning. But the essence of getting back to 'Home', or being in oneness is emotional.

Many old teachings center about living in the heart. Most indigenous tribes teach shamanism through the heart/feelings. Read/watch what Greg Braden has to say about manifesting technology.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

24. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

A rush of synchronicity in this video at 26:30 , just heard this emotion review from Mary Rodwell (strongly suggest to watch part 1 as well).

Link to watch at the specific time: https://youtube.com/watch?v=vecEqcUgewk&start=1590
    Last edited by PathWalker; 8th November 2014 at 14:05.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

26. Link to Post #55
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

That's wonderful, and I encourage you to be strong as well. As for teasing... who's teasing who? You are subversive, but you are not without charm. Please watch yourself around here if you get my meaning.
    When you are a conscious living being surrounded by drones who are programed to keep the system in tact you are by definition subversive . Its a cross I have chosen to bear and yes I know I will have to watch myself around here. But dont worry , I dont mind being teased by someone who is thinking and being on their feet . You go girl . Thanks for a thread that does what words are meant to do . Invested with meaning instead of programing . That my friend is the definition of a true artist . As one artist to another I salute your efforts and wish you well .

27. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Quote Posted by Pharaohs Maze (here)
    Why give one emotion more importance than another. well I'll tell you why... because people are despairing for the emancipation that they believe enlightenment must bring them. Desperate to be free from the suffering of the world with all of its war and hatred and disease and lies. But the enlightened one does not shy away from darkness, she goes directly into the deepest darkness and becomes a light. And when the light is blinding and dominearing she can enter into the light and cast darkness.

So in summary… Ive got 99 problems but emotions aint one.
    Enlightenment is not what people think it is. Being the Balance does indeed necessitate an equal familiarity with both light and dark. The 10 Ox Herding Pictures exemplify this by revealing that the ultimate purpose of enlightenment is to dive back into the world, go back to the marketplaces, the streets, the hood, and do the work of the Bodhisattva, with compassion and love for others. The equinimity of the enlightened does not preclude them from using their emotional states to obtain certain ends. The difference between them and everyone else though, is that they control them, rather than being controlled by them.

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)
    I do not agree with the above, the karmic release is an outcome of hard work. Forgiveness to self and forgiveness to others is the karmic release. It is hard and painful process to forgive, but the end result is release from emotional pain, physical pain and stress deposits in the body.
    Hard work that could have been primarily completed in another life. Death then intervened leading to rebirth, and then a fateful life leading up to what seems to be an instantaneous enlightenment event. There are many stories of people who have had no prior awakening, lived lives of placid dreaming, then had some sort of an accident, or lightning (figuratively) struck them or some other potentially traumatic event, and then, suddenly, they are enlightened. Such people, often, are markedly different from childhood. To my mind, they drift, perhaps working off the last bits of their karmic debt necessary to reach the next stage or level of awareness. As enlightenment is a continual process and never a final destination, continuous growth, even through a defining satori event, is mandated. Even Siddhartha did not attain final enlightenment during his time on earth. Purportedly, the human body is too weak a vessel to achieve that.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

PathWalker (9th November 2014), Pharaohs Maze (8th November 2014), Pris (9th November 2014), PurpleLama (8th November 2014), Sebastion (8th November 2014), Skyhaven (9th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

29. Link to Post #57
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

A rush of synchronicity in this video at 26:30 , just heard this emotion review from Mary Rodwell (strongly suggest to watch part 1 as well).

Link to watch at the specific time: https://youtube.com/watch?v=vecEqcUgewk&start=1590
    Thanks so much for that link pathwalker , totally on track . Is their any chance you could do me a huge favour and post it on my thread because I am completely dyslexic when it comes to that sort of thing .

30. Link to Post #58
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Maybe I'am a bit weird here, but I don't feel any anger at all, its just not there... I try to see the bigger picture, and often try to understand why things are as they are, or why people act like they act.... and from there nothing happens except avoidance, if that gets me out of an undesired situation.
    Yeah. I agree with the maybe on that. You weirdo, you.

Maybe it's your personality type. People just don't 'feel' the same way. Some feel more intensely or less intensely than others. For example, I am an ENFP and I live with an ISTJ. There's a huge difference in intensity of emotion between us.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

PathWalker (9th November 2014), Skyhaven (9th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

32. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Children have the ability to clear and shift/clear emotions instantly.
    Adults lose this ability when we learn to analyze and calculate past/future actions. There comes revenge, victimhood and envy.
    Yes, I think you're onto something here...

Btw, I get lots of 'answers' when I go back and remember what it was like when I was a kid.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Mark (9th November 2014), Skyhaven (9th November 2014)

34. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Yeah. I agree with the maybe on that. You weirdo, you.

Maybe it's your personality type. People just don't 'feel' the same way. Some feel more intensely or less intensely than others. For example, I am an ENFP and I live with an ISTJ. There's a huge difference in intensity of emotion between us.
    To each their own, I can see how some people like the roller-coaster feeling of emotions. Its not really for me though, it drains my energies, and I have to recover from that for like two days.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Pris (9th November 2014), Wind (10th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast