+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Netflix Movie: Wormwood

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member RedX's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Netflix Movie: Wormwood

Netflix released "Wormwood" today (Dec 15, 2017)
    It has been released in 6 episodes, each of which are about 40m long.

Synopsis:
    "In this genre-bending tale, Errol Morris explores the mysterious death of a U.S. scientist entangled in a secret Cold War program known as MK-Ultra"

I thought I might start a thread and see what fellow Avalonians might think about this, somewhat mainstream attempt, at shedding light on MK-Ultra.

note: I have not watched the series yet, therefore I'm only posting this for awareness. I have not made any conclusions or watched any trailers yet. I haven't done any extensive research on Jewish director Errol Morris either, other than he has been doing documentaries, notable "The Thin Blue Line" for quite some time.

I'll update my post with my thoughts and conclusions after watching the series in its entirety.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to RedX For This Post:

Alpha141 (30th December 2017), annacherie (20th December 2017), astridmari (17th December 2017), Bruno (15th December 2017), Fellow Aspirant (17th December 2017), findingneo (15th December 2017), Flash (19th December 2017), Flowerpunkchip (15th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th December 2017), Inversion (21st December 2017), Kryztian (16th December 2017), Mercedes (15th December 2017), Michelle Marie (16th December 2017), Nasu (15th December 2017), Niamh Hy Brasil (15th December 2017), ramus (15th December 2017), Rawhide68 (15th December 2017), RunningDeer (15th December 2017), shadowstalker (16th December 2017), Smell the Roses (17th December 2017), Spellbound (19th December 2017), SpookyMulder (15th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (16th December 2017), toppy (15th December 2017), william r sanford72 (15th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Default Re: Netflix Movie: Wormwood

Thankyou. I was just thinking, all I know about MK-Ultra is that it has something to do with brainwashing and torture, and that I really should read up on it. This will be much more enjoyable than reading, like watching a Shakespearean movie rather than reading the book for a school book review. It did not make itself known on my NETFLIX, so I would have missed it, but when I searched NETFLIX after reading this, there it is. So thanks RedX.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Bruno (15th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th December 2017), RunningDeer (15th December 2017), SpookyMulder (15th December 2017), toppy (15th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I have been anticipating this series for a while! I don't have time to start watching it until next week though. can' wait!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th December 2017), RunningDeer (15th December 2017), Spellbound (19th December 2017), SpookyMulder (15th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (16th December 2017), toppy (15th December 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

THIS IS A PLACE TO WATCH [ WORMWOOD] FOR FREE: JUST CLOSE THE POP-UPS

https://openload.co/f/ypUBd8OwX2Y

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE : THE INFINITY CHAMBER .. DEALS WITH MIND CONTROL, CORRUPT GOVERNMENT , DETAINMENT, 6.2 [INTERNET MOVIE DATA BASE]

A man trapped in an automated prison must outsmart a computer in order to escape.

1:43 HR

https://putlockertv.se/watch/infinit...r.5kwkq/k4z0kv
    Last edited by ramus; 15th December 2017 at 16:28.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Bruno (15th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th December 2017), RedX (17th December 2017), RunningDeer (15th December 2017), SpookyMulder (15th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (16th December 2017), toppy (15th December 2017), william r sanford72 (15th December 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

When you watch the first episode , 1975 is the time frame. It's like ground hog day, what's happening now was happening then, surveillance, drug experimentation on unwitting citizens, [lsd] c.i.a. Out of control, corrupt politicians , the only thing that has changed is this date , makes me think that were fooling are selves thinking anything is going to change...... Sad . MAYBE THAT'S THE MESSAGE THIS SERIES IS TRYING TO GET ACROSS ...STOP TRYING .. TO CHANGE ANYTHING.
    Last edited by ramus; 15th December 2017 at 18:08.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (16th December 2017), RunningDeer (16th December 2017), SpookyMulder (15th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (16th December 2017), william r sanford72 (15th December 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Wormwood Trailer - Netflix

Infinity Chamber Trailer (formerly know as Somnio)

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bruno (21st December 2017), findingneo (15th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th December 2017), justntime2learn (15th December 2017), Kryztian (16th December 2017), Ol' Roy (19th December 2017), Spellbound (19th December 2017), SpookyMulder (15th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (16th December 2017), william r sanford72 (15th December 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

I've been really looking forward to this too, it was released last night and I was delighted to see six episodes and watched two of them. I love it, it's beautifully made and richly informative and it's scary what they can do to people, like deeming him a risk to his family and taking him away, just like that, frighteningly swift.

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    When you watch the first episode , 1975 is the time frame. It's like ground hog day, what's happening now was happening then, surveillance, drug experimentation on unwitting citizens, [lsd] c.i.a. Out of control, corrupt politicians , the only thing that has changed is this date , makes me think that were fooling are selves thinking anything is going to change...... Sad . MAYBE THAT'S THE MESSAGE THIS SERIES IS TRYING TO GET ACROSS ...[..].
    That's exactly what I found myself thinking as I was watching it and I felt a sense of helplessness and thought we need a more effective approach.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bruno (21st December 2017), Kryztian (16th December 2017), RunningDeer (16th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (16th December 2017), T Smith (16th December 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Thanks for the heads up about this production.

MKUltra, some aspects.
    Quote Some historians assert creating a "Manchurian Candidate" subject through "mind control" techniques was a goal of MKUltra and related CIA projects.[32] Alfred McCoy has claimed the CIA attempted to focus media attention on these sorts of "ridiculous" programs, so the public would not look at the primary goal of the research, which was developing effective methods of torture and interrogation. Such authors cite as one example the CIA's KUBARK interrogation manual refers to "studies at McGill University", and most of the techniques recommended in KUBARK are exactly those researcher Donald Ewen Cameron used on his test subjects (sensory deprivation, drugs, isolation, etc.).[30]

One 1955 MKUltra document gives an indication of the size and range of the effort; this document refers to the study of an assortment of mind-altering substances described as follows:[33]

Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public.
    Substances which increase the efficiency of mentation and perception.
    Materials which will cause the victim to age faster/slower in maturity.
    Materials which will promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
    Materials which will produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so they may be used for malingering, etc.
    Materials which will cause temporary/permanent brain damage and loss of memory.
    Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture, and coercion during interrogation and so-called "brain-washing".
    Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.
    Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.
    Substances which produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute anemia, etc.
    Substances which will produce a chemical that can cause blisters.
    Substances which alter personality structure in such a way the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.
    A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning.
    Substances which will lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when administered in undetectable amounts.
    Substances which promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties, preferably without permanent effects.
    A knockout pill which can be surreptitiously administered in drinks, food, cigarettes, as an aerosol, etc., which will be safe to use, provide a maximum of amnesia, and be suitable for use by agent types on an ad hoc basis.
    A material which can be surreptitiously administered by the above routes and which in very small amounts will make it impossible for a person to perform physical activity.
    MKDELTA[edit]
    The Church Committee report in 1976 described the MKDELTA program as follows: "A special procedure, designated MKDELTA, was established to govern the use of MKULTRA materials abroad. Such materials were used on a number of occasions. Because MKULTRA records were destroyed, it is impossible to reconstruct the operational use of MKULTRA materials by the CIA overseas; it has been determined that the use of these materials abroad began in 1953, and possibly as early as 1950. Drugs were used primarily as an aid to interrogations, but MKULTRA/MKDELTA materials were also used for harassment, discrediting, or disabling purposes."[34][35][36]

MKSEARCH[edit]
    In 1964, MKSEARCH was the name given to the continuation of the MKULTRA program. The MKSEARCH program was divided into two projects dubbed MKOFTEN/CHICKWIT. Funding for MKSEARCH commenced in 1965, and ended in 1971.[37] The project was a joint project between The U.S. Army Chemical Corps and the Central Intelligence Agency's Office of Research and Development to find new offensive-use agents with a focus on incapacitating agents. The purpose of the project was to develop, test, and evaluate capabilities in the covert use of biological, chemical, and radioactive material systems and techniques for producing predictable human behavioral and/or physiological changes in support of highly sensitive operational requirements.[37]

By March 1971 over 26,000 potential agents had been acquired for future screening.[38] The CIA were interested in bird migration patterns for CBW research under MK/ULTRA where, a Subproject 139 designated "Bird Disease Studies" at Penn State.[39]

MKOFTEN[edit]
    MKOFTEN was to deal with testing and toxicological, transmissivity and behavioral effects of drugs in animals and, ultimately, humans.[37]

MKCHICKWIT[edit]
    Sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra#MKDELTA

When every I think of MK-Ultra I have to add project-Montauk k and their supposed messing around with Time-Lines...

Maybe we are all just experiencing the ongoing project o.0
    Last edited by Sunny-side-up; 16th December 2017 at 11:55.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

astridmari (17th December 2017), Bruno (21st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (17th December 2017), ramus (16th December 2017), RunningDeer (16th December 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

DURING THE FIRST INSTALLMENT TWO NAMES THAT WE'RE ALL FAMILIAR WITH CAME UP ,NOW REMEMBER IT'S 1975 , 42 YEARS AGO ...Donald Rumsfeld .. DICK CHENEY ...THEY'RE STILL HERE, HOW MESSED UP IS THAT, NO WONDER NOTHINGS CHANGED, THEY HAVE GOTTEN EVEN BETTER OVER TIME, WHAT A CRIME.A LOT TO BE SAID ABOUT TERM LIMITS , AND THE DEEP STATE.
    Last edited by ramus; 20th December 2017 at 17:57.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th December 2017), muxfolder (19th December 2017), Satori (19th December 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

I haven’t watched it yet, but I see that the first episode is about Frank Olson. A few years back I read the book “A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments”. It is an excellent description of what happened to Frank Olson and about the early years of the CIA in general. It is extremely well-researched. I hope that this TV show does justice to Olson’s life.
    There's no time like the present.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Bruno (21st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (17th December 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RedX's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not a movie critic, but here goes:

I watched all 6 episodes and it was quite different than what I expected, partly because I didn't watch any trailers and I wanted that fresh viewing experience.

I can honestly say that it was produced well (e.g. Olson home movies, LSD fueled graphics) and the actors were on point as far as believe-ability. I was a bit disappointed that the story didn't dive more into "what Project MKUltra" was/is. I also did not expect that it would be part documentary - part movie, where the movie basically follows two parallel stories. It played well and it helped give some backstory as the events unfolded.

Chapter 6 was mind blowing, although I should've expected it. I won't divulge any "spoilers", but I assumed some sort of closure for Frank Olson's son, Eric Olson. Seymour Hershs' comments in Chapter 6 were disturbing, although after watching, one can easily see why he took his stance. However, for someone who's made a living out of exposing the Deep State, being unconcerned with protecting national security and government cover-ups, it was quite bizarre.

As the credits rolled, I was left shaking my head, but I was quickly reminded that looming questions regarding Deep State, PsyOps is the status quo.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedX For This Post:

Bruno (21st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th December 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,112 times in 2,424 posts

I’ve seen 5 of the 6 episodes. I will watch the 6th tonight.

I think it is quite good and very well done. I found myself noticing that the clock in the room where most of the interview of Eric Olson takes place was set at 2:33 and 50 seconds. It never moves. Episode 5 answered that question for me. I won’t spoil anything.

I have been quite familiar with the Frank Olson case for nearly 20 years and I have a remote connection to him. I represented a man from New Mexico in a federal civil rights Bevins case lawsuit against the DOD and other defendants. In fact one of the lawyers in Wormwood mentions Bevins, which is an old case allowing civil rights lawsuits against the federal government. They usually get dismissed, but they are allowed under Bevins.

My client, now deceased, was among those who were experimented on, without knowledge or consent, with LSD etc while in the Army in 1949-52. He was stationed for a period of time at Fort Detrick. There he knew and worked with Dr. Olson. My client’s name was Ernest Garcia. Ernest told me a fair amount about Olson and told me that there is no doubt Olson was murdered. Ernest said the goal was to create super soldiers, a term in vogue now but not the phrase Ernest used.

Also, Ernest told me of an experiment he and Olson and others carried out where chemical or biological agents were placed in light bulbs and then dropped in the subways of NYC. They were working on a delivery system and the agents were not lethal per se, but would cause illness that could be measured by looking at hospital and emergency room statistics.

On a somewhat related note, Andrew Basiago called me about Ernest in late 2004 because he was convinced Ernest had been a military guard during some of Basiago’s alleged time travels.

It’s a small and often bizzare world.

I’m typing on my I phone so please forgive the typos.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bruno (21st December 2017), Sunny-side-up (21st December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread