+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast

Thread: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil"

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Default Re: Dalai Lama is "personification of evil"

[QUOTE The good Lama has been vehemently intolerant to other religious sects, just as he expects the world to open up its collective door to HIS brand of theology. Seems even though he is the "top dog" he is still as petty, jealous, and demanding... very similar, in fact to that uncool god of the old testament... go figure

ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE FACTS, Tarka.

Touche![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, 'vehemently intolerant to others' is simply not born out by the 'facts' that I'm aware of. In the DL's latest book " "Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World" His Holiness the Dalai Lama argues that religion is not a necessity for pursuing a spiritual life. Rather he proposes a system of secular ethics that transcends religion as a way to recognize our common humanity and so contributes to a global human community based on understanding and mutual respect." http://dalaila.ma/sqdkpL Doesn't sound too intolerant to me. Maybe he's intolerant of the beliefs that cause people to abuse and slaughter one another in the name of their God, country or genetics.

He seems to very much want to rise above the petty man-made absurdities of religion and find what unifies them. That is wisdom.

And another thing, if life is so sweet in Tibet, I wonder why 11 monks chose to immolate themselves last year in protest over the occupation.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15799562

Can you imagine what it would take to do something like that?, any of you? those that say the Tibetans are better off under Chinese rule, you haven't got a clue have you? Go grab some more popcorn and sling it at someone else you'd like to sneer at, make you feel important and 'better than'.

Excuse me, I'm upset, I feel like howling every time I think about the atrocity of the Tibetan invasion. The world did nothing, but of course we can barge into Iraq and Libya in the name of democracy and protecting human rights. Yeah, right.

I believe in free speech, transparency and open, intelligent debate, but I haven't watched any of the videos presented here yet, while I adhere to no religion, I do consider myself spiritual and the DL has a cherished place in my heart and at this moment, despite what I like to think of as my 'open mind', I'm just feeling too sickened by and disgusted at some of the material on this thread including the original subject header. I don't apologise for that, or for being so predictable as to be shocked by it, and, to be honest, it's highly unlikely that I will allow those of you bent on seeing evil where none exists, to take me where you want to go.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

Anam Cara (9th March 2012), East Sun (3rd August 2016), kirolak (8th October 2013), LindyLou22 (14th November 2015), NeverMind (8th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (9th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

You sound vey much like a Buddhist. Enjoy your path. I will enjoy mine. You claim no spiritual affiliation... but let's face it... the spirituality you speak of is thick with Buddhist teachings.

Of course you are upset.

The truth doesn't upset me, however, because unlike you, I TRULY adhere to no religion. I have many friends who talk just like you do about being religiously neutral, but have photos of the DL in their living room, every book he's ever written in their study, and Tibetan prayer flags hanging all around their house.

A hint, Pheonix. If your home decor is similar to the above mentioned, you may have a religious affiliation after all... just saying.

Peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

BestLion (9th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 times in 388 posts

Quote Posted by Second Son (here)
    You sound vey much like a Buddhist. Enjoy your path. I will enjoy mine. You claim no spiritual affiliation... but let's face it... the spirituality you speak of is thick with Buddhist teachings.

Of course you are upset.

The truth doesn't upset me, however, because unlike you, I TRULY adhere to no religion. I have many friends who talk just like you do about being religiously neutral, but have photos of the DL in their living room, every book he's ever written in their study, and Tibetan prayer flags hanging all around their house.

A hint, Pheonix. If your home decor is similar to the above mentioned, you may have a religious affiliation after all... just saying.

Peace
    I've seen the same thing with many people. Even atheist have their Evolution religion which they uphold Darwin just as strong as a Christian does Jesus.
    Ive also noticed many people who have been raised in a Christian environment tend to slide over to Buddhism....Buddhism tends to offer more of an inner peace in this life. Then the Christian belief of walking on eggshell in order to not go to hell.
    Yeah so if your Buddhist just state it..or state you like many things about it..I am not religious, but I will say many aspect of Buddhism is appealing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BestLion For This Post:

LindyLou22 (14th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #64
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I forgot to mention the immolation thing... read CAREFULLY, because I know EXACTLY what cause such behavior...

ORGANIZED RELIGION.

A sad thing Pheonix, really it is, but it not a lot different than a suicide bombing. Of course it goes without saying that in the true spirit of Buddhism they took no lives but their own, but this kind of absurdity will only EVER come from people who have been brainwashed by the same cult since infancy.

If you are howling mad, you should turn that anger in the right direction... towards organized dogmatic belief systems.

I have as much compassion as the next guy, but I still can't help but see the (slightly) sweet irony of a group who would set themselves on fire in the public square to protest China's religious intolerance, while they themselves are followers of a man who is also intolerant of others' beliefs. Insane... insane at a level which only seems possible for those who are already brainwashed and weak minded from early childhood.

8. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

I forgot to mention the immolation thing... read CAREFULLY, because I know EXACTLY what cause such behavior...

ORGANIZED RELIGION.

A sad thing Pheonix, really it is, but it not a lot different than a suicide bombing. Of course it goes without saying that in the true spirit of Buddhism they took no lives but their own, but this kind of absurdity will only EVER come from people who have been brainwashed by the same cult since infancy.

If you are howling mad, you should turn that anger in the right direction... towards organized dogmatic belief systems.

I have as much compassion as the next guy, but I still can't help but see the (slightly) sweet irony of a group who would set themselves on fire in the public square to protest China's religious intolerance, while they themselves are followers of a man who is also intolerant of others' beliefs. Insane... insane at a level which only seems possible for those who are already brainwashed and weak minded from early childhood.
    I had a feeling someone might respond and equate self-immolation with suicide bombers and blame it on a weak mind, befuddled by dogma, and here it is...

In the Tibetan's case it is not a religious act, it's a desperate act - to die for people to pay attention to gross injustice. Ghandi's hunger strike is an outstanding example of this kind of heroism. For many Muslims it may be too, if the media tells me they're religious fanatics that's red flag enough for me. It's more about politics than religion. That said, Islamic law, like all the others, Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, is the invention of men, who love to push their point of view on everyone else and create their 'isms', and too many people find it easier to let others do the thinking for them. Anyone truly connected to their spirituality would not abuse another. Circumcision? No way.

There is tragic abuse of children in the name of religion, but not all religious people are inculcated from childhood, in fact many of the most devout have turned to it late in life. Mostly Buddhism I grant you, it leads to a saner more peaceful life for many and I admire their discipline. Many roads up the mountain, the view over the top, however, is the same for all of us.

It is arrogant and presumptuous to assume that those who furnish their homes with symbols of their spirituality are brainwashed fools.

I do not adhere to any religion as I said and understand spirituality very simply, summed up in one word. Love. Difficult, I know, because there are so many ideas about what love is. Deep down I believe we all know, except perhaps the 6% that are psychopathic. Who sadly are actually running things because they are without compassion, or integrity and thus are easily able to manipulate more honest souls. But those honest souls are waking up, even to their own coerced corruption.

I challenge your facts, as do other excellent posts on this thread that have effectively levelled the accusations. You do not refer to them, but seem comfortable in your perspective that you know better. It's a bit of a stretch to say that 'a system of secular ethics that transcends religion as a way to recognize our common humanity and so contributes to a global human community based on understanding and mutual respect' is actually concealed Buddhism, but if you say so. I respect your right to your view.

That's ok. I wish I was so confident half of the time. But that's why you didn't see too many women burning men at the stake, or waging war, inflicting torture, or writing philosophical tomes. Don't make the mistake of thinking it's because they are stupid, women were gagged by religion so I'm no fan of it, but that conditioning, there for so long is still deep within the male and female psyche. We all need healing.

Balance and respect is what we need to work towards. And women need to find their voice which is why I have so much to say at the moment.

I'm drifting off topic, it's late, thanks for the discussion anyway..

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

Agape (29th April 2015), Anam Cara (9th March 2012), LindyLou22 (14th November 2015), sunflower (13th February 2012), Tarka the Duck (10th January 2012)

10. Link to Post #66
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I believe it will be by listening to the voices of women that we will be able to turn this world around.

Thanks for your voice, Phoenix.

Peace.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

Anam Cara (9th March 2012)

12. Link to Post #67
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

As pie'n'eal put it so sweetly
    "What is in your heart?
    What do you see?"

Avalokitesvara really lighted up London that week july/august 93 (94)
    Last edited by mahalall; 16th February 2012 at 15:42.

13. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

This is indeed a very interesting debate and I thought that I would throw in my own two cents concerning the Dalai Lama.

Those who study Buddhism, including the Dalai Lama, claim that it is not a "religion" but actually the "science of the mind."

However, we know from our historical past that religions have been perverted and manipulated in nearly every sector of human philosophy.

Suffice to say, Buddhism has been twisted and manipulated just like any organized philosophical institution, probably by the same Powers that changed Christianity.

But to say that the Dalai Lama is "evil" because he is a spokesman and spiritual leader of Buddhism is to me unfair. Tenzin Gyatso, as an INDIVIDUAL, appears to be quite a compassionate individual who does not dismiss other peoples' opinions or seem to undermine anybody. I can tell from reading his book "The Universe in a Single Atom" and watching him speak in personal interviews and audiences, that he embraces science as a form of better understanding the human being. Ever since he was young, he has taken up a great curiosity for science, rather unheard of for most Tibetans, and followed the trails of scientific research that sheds further light in understanding the workings of the human mind.

He is very passionate about understanding critical research in the fields of quantum mechanics, neuroscience, and psychology. He has the mentality that whatever science proves to be true, then Buddhism should be refined and should accept the facts of the universe. In addition, he has stated, when asked if he will reincarnate again, that it is up to the Tibetan people if they want the Dalai Lama institution to continue. This does not sound like a corrupt, evil, spiritual leader to me.

You can tell that he is very open to the presence of corruption and possibility of "evil spirits" who may enter the Tibetan culture. For instance, he contends that the being Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit, which has caused some dissemination between the Tibetan culture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Tibetan_culture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorje_Shugden

I do not claim to know much about this spirit or even Tibetan culture for the matter, so if anyone has any opinion on this matter I'd love to hear it!

I think that is possible that the Dalai Lama is being somewhat controlled by The Powers that Be, or that he is at least under careful watch by people who will not think twice about assassinating him:

In the book 'Body Snatchers" by Susan Reed, one of the Reptilians mentions that they hate the Dalai Lama and want to either replace him or kill him:

http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/body...ededited.shtml

Here's the passage:

E - Hare Krishna -we got them - we are in there, we've got some of our people there haven't we - about 50 trying to destroy it. They cord (He means the net) the load of them up - try to prevent it from spreading - tried to put a stop to them dancing through the streets — Transcendental meditation - we've got them - put the prices up, made it harder for people to join — Buddhism- no we haven't got that, but we are trying our hardest. Dalai Llama - he's corded up. Pancham Llama -we corded him up - we saw to him -the heart attack was us - did the old encircling stuff on him -a load of them (10 or more) did it on him at the same time. When enlightened people have heart attacks then you know we're behind it. We worked on his heart a bit to make it look like a heart attack. We had him corded up, stripped him of everything (past lives and more), then we let him go. They've got the young one - 4 year old -he isn't the Pancham Llama - he's one of us - he's a reptilian,- he's going to be, it hasn't happened yet. (Brian has told me that the Pancham Llama will be made into a human/reptilian). Once the Dalai Llama is gone we will take over, just biding their time and then they will put someone in his place who is not really the Dalai Llama but they will say he is. Any one like that is going to be corded up no two ways about it. Working on the Dalai Llama to kill him -of course we are - it's his circulatory system -they are trying to give him a heart attack a blood clot.
    Last edited by Robin; 26th September 2013 at 17:28.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Agape (29th April 2015), Bill Ryan (26th September 2013), Bob (27th September 2013), fifi (26th September 2013), Intranuclear (11th September 2019), palehorse (25th April 2020), Pam (23rd February 2019), sheme (26th September 2013), spiritwind (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #69
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Compassion can take many forms!

16. Link to Post #70
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I would like to know who or what is the "personification of all that is good"?
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (26th September 2013), LindyLou22 (14th November 2015), Mutchie (26th September 2013), Positive Vibe Merchant (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

18. Link to Post #71
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,067 times in 698 posts

i dont know if the dalai lama is " the personification of evil" but all i can say is that he wrote some serious books with lots of spiritual teachings in it, these books are for everyone its nothing religious in there its about spirituality in first place, there is no such as evil inside these books also i met him once and he seemed to be a john doe like we all are somehow

but who knows maybe behind the public view, he does skype conferences with the pope and his black magicians

what ever, i realy enjoyed his books
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

19. The Following User Says Thank You to seehas For This Post:

Positive Vibe Merchant (26th September 2013)

20. Link to Post #72
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

I dont think the Dalai Lama is immune from being (forcibly if needed) put into a position where he must make a choice that he essentially doesn't believe in for the greater good. Much like all of us.
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

21. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

This subject pops up every now and then. Someone has started a lot of rumors and reinterpretations of reality in attempt to do a character assassination of His Holiness, at least among the most gullible of internet denizens.

None of it holds up. It's a completely silly topic. I'm shocked that it exists anywhere outside of Craigslist Rant and Raves. I think the professional trolls have a great laugh every time this crap gets reposted and it makes people argue.

*sigh*

edit: I would argue this point for point, but seriously the subject is just too stupid and not worth the time.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 27th September 2013 at 00:01.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Benimal (18th October 2013), Bob (27th September 2013), Dorjezigzag (26th September 2013), greybeard (27th September 2013), kirolak (8th October 2013), LindyLou22 (14th November 2015), Positive Vibe Merchant (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #74
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Yes, it pops up every now and then. This video (by Stefan Molyneux, uploaded in February 2015) hasn't been posted yet, so here it is. In the worst case may it be buried here. Personally I'm not ready to make a clear statement yet, but in my guts I am VERY suspicious about the whole thing (maybe not about the Dalai Lama himself as a person, but about the whole thing that is controlling him.) I feel that an enormous amount of use/misuse/manipulation of power is involved.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

genevieve (22nd April 2015)

25. Link to Post #75
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

I started wondering about the Dali Lama when Ben Fulford said he had a death squad running around Europe. I think if I were to embrace any religion it would be Buddhism. To think that he is engaged in some nefarious deeds at first, my mind could just not compute. However, everyone has a dark side. So now one of my beliefs about a certain person and who he is being challenged and I will have to read this whole thread so I can confront what I think I know. But even after reading this thread and having some of my beliefs challenged it is still not the whole picture. Sigh.....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

kirolak (17th November 2015)

27. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I believe it will be by listening to the voices of women that we will be able to turn this world around.

Thanks for your voice, Phoenix.

Peace.
    Agree with this, including thanking Phoenix. Well said.

In 2006 the Dalai Lama listened to the Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers. Not bad for someone who isn't tolerant of other religions.

Bios of the Grandmothers: http://www.grandmotherscouncil.org/who-we-are

Some photos of the event: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-dmSkP/

Quote In October of 2006 the Grandmother Council gathered in the exiled homeland of the Tibetans, hosted by Tibetan Grandmother Tsering Dolma Gyaltong. There was a private audience with His Holiness the Dalai Lama and meetings with other luminaries in the Tibetan religious government in exile. The Grandmothers Council continued their prayer for global peace and affirmed their solidarity with the Tibetan people to reclaim their homeland.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LindyLou22 For This Post:

kirolak (17th November 2015)

29. Link to Post #77
    Leaving between 2 cultures. Border Mexico-USA.
    Thanks

All this polemic about this issue, brings me to a conclusion: is... same all, same all. Manipulation of people through religion, specifically here to go against China. Same old subject of History... and the manipulators are still the same Khazarian Mafia of the Western world. That man, the DL...I´m sure some how works for the Cabal, and most probably by "mental control".

Whenever all "religion subjects" disappear from the face of the world, that´s when we can have hope to live in Peace & Harmony in the World.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ines For This Post:

East Sun (3rd August 2016)

31. Link to Post #78
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

I find the title of this thread very unfortunate.

Everybody who is interested knows quite a bit about the good side of the Dalai Lama. I personallly owe him a debt of gratitude as one of his books, "The Art of Happiness", really helped me in my personal development. It is thanks to him that I came across the truth that "happiness is a choice" which has helped me to cope with whatever life threw at me.

I used to think the Dalai Lama was beyond reproach and was respected by just about everybody as he comes across as a sweet old man who is humble, perpetually even-tempered, wise and has a great sense of humour to boot.

So when I came across a negative report about him and Tibetan buddhism I was unwilling to accept a lot of what was presented.

It felt like sacrilege to me.

It is interesting that somehow he has managed to put himself into a position in which people vehemently and aggressively attack anybody who seriously studies Tibetan buddhism and the history of Tibet in general. As soon as the hierarchical structure of Tibet before the Chinese takeover is brought to people's attention (with the vast majority of Tibetans being nothing more than slaves, and there is lots of black-and-white documentation about that with photographs of people lying on the streets in shackles etc), the automatic response seems to simply dismiss this fact as mere Chinese propaganda, because that's what we would like it to be.

Well, for those with an open mind who are willing to delve into this more deeply, things are not quite what they seem.
    There is a lot of totally unexpected violence around the Dalai Lama and Tibetan buddhism. When I found that out it genuinely saddened me because I would love for it to be untrue as I would love a public figure or leader that was genuinely good.

Sadly, there is genuinely a dark side to HH which goes to show there is really no political or religious figure we can look up to. Just in case anybody wants to ask me: There are many clips on youtube that show documentation for those willing to find out for themselves.

Despite of all this I am still grateful for "The Art of Happiness".

Edit: For those who understand German: This is a lecture from the University of Vienna from 18/5/2012:
    Behind the smile of the Dalai Lama

https://youtu.be/SDuqayOx2Nw

Very interesting, but also quite disturbing
    Last edited by Icare; 23rd February 2019 at 14:39.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bob (23rd February 2019), Clear Light (23rd February 2019), Matthew (23rd February 2019), Olaf (13th September 2019)

33. Link to Post #79
    Netherlands Avalon Member alyea's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by <8> (here)
    This clip explains in short what i have study myself about the history of Tibet, there was a great movie about this but it gets removed all the time.
    In short Tibets history are as corupt as the rest of the world and they got all the help they needed from the west...
    Tibet had a system for choosing a new Dalai Lama when the old one dies, when the Dalai Lama dies, the "royal" court appoints a regent who rules until the next reincarnation comes of age. Over the centuries some regents grew fond of their power and some Dalai Lamas expired prematurely, not to mention suspiciously.

But if i remember right it was not allways so, they had a sort of a fail safe system. So money and power could not interfear how the new Dali Elama was chosen.
    I remember i saw the Tibets royal spending time with the british royal family, i guess the got all the suport they needed from that inbred family.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BhXw-2aqJ3E
    Omg! Wow! I did not understand the history, thank you!

34. Link to Post #80
    San Marino Avalon Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Thanks

If Tibet is so evil where are all the examples of this evil?

How many global Tibetan corporations?
    How many guns,missiles,tanks,fighterjets designed by Tibetans?
    How many Tibet missionaries are traveling the world telling the people your religion is wrong and theirs is the only truth.
    How many burned alive because they were not Tibetan Buddhist?
    When Africa was being carved up how many colonies did Tibet get?
    How many nuclear bombs have they tested?

These are examples of evil acts but I have never read of Tibet ever being involved in such things.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybird88 For This Post:

Clear Light (25th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast